(See All?) Announcements
727 Users Online
Google, Hazelnut, Bing, Ryder

The stories are real. — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 94 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Florence Flint Fortibus
After his run in with the woman by the river, Florence was rattled to say the least. He wanted to call for Vera but he had no idea where she was or if she would even answer his call at all. As worried as he was for her, he knew she had to be safe in the blackberry bushes, She just had to be. So he sent out a call to the next person that he knew would come. @Firefly was quickly becoming a fast friend of the healer and right now, he needed someone to talk to. It was only after his call had withered and died did he think that perhaps it had been a bad idea to call Fly. After all, Florence rarely found female wolves that would be friends with him because Vera was always so close and they were often put off by the smaller wolf. As much as Florence adored his snowflake, she was wary of other females taking Florence away from her and would become standoffish at best towards them, if not jealous.

Florence shook his head. Vera got along well enough with Fly and she would understand why he had gone to the russet colour female instead of Vera. And either way, he’d make it up to her by giving her the flower he had found and left preserved between two bits of bark with a rock on top, to keep it pressed down. Shuffling his feet, Florence nudged the snow beneath his large paws and took a deep breath. If only his mother or siblings were here, then he could speak to them about what happened with Primrose. His mother was a soothing woman and what he had heard of his older siblings, at least of his older brother Rayne and sister, Senka, they would have been good confidants to talk to.

If only he could have meet either of them, then his mother’s stories of his gentle brother and kind sister would have a more stable truth to him. They sounded like a wonderful pair, even with their third sibling, Neoma being a dark spot in their lives. He wondered where they were now, as he waited at the bottom of the slop with bare blackberry bushes nearby, for Fly to come along. Stories of how Senka was a honorable wolf with a somewhat tough exterior and how Rayne was sweet and kind, willing to help those in need. They sounded like wonderful older siblings to have had, though Florence wasn't sure of Neoma. His mother often looked sad, when talking of her third child and it always made him wonder what she had done.
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly was excited to have brought another new wolf into the ranks of Black Thorn Downs and was about to go in search of her new friend, Luz, when the call of a different friend caught her attention. Florence was calling her? Without a second thought, Fly hastily made her way towards the source of the larger wolf's call. He had been there for her when she had needed him and that brought on a different kind of loyalty. She would be there for Florence whenever he needed her, and not just because they were pack mates even though that bond meant a lot to the young female. Once someone stood by her the way Florence had the day of the bison carcass incident, Fly's loyalty became stronger. The more a friend stood by her, the stronger her loyalty would become until it became nearly unbreakable.

As she got closer, Fly began to pick up on his scent and her quick gait turned into a light jog. Upon reaching the pale man, Fly was surprised to see so much tension in his posture and in his gaze, yet she did not see anyone else around. She walked right up to her friend and with a worried look in her wide brown eyes asked,"Florence? What's the matter? Are you okay?" Fly gave another quick look around just to make sure there wasn't another wolf around. She would jump to his defense if necessary, the same way she had done for Kova when they had run into that nasty coyote.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Silvia who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
Only having joined the pack with the last day, Senka was out on patrols already. She wanted to prove herself to the pack and simply lolly gagging around would not prove that to her new leaders.

Yet as she was walking up the slope, away from the thickets that would hold berries come spring, there were two wolves atop the slope. One was a large dark male who seemed nervous about something as she drew closer and the female, whose coat was a few shades lighter then her own and had just arrived. looked worried for the male. The scent of the pack hung heavily from their coats, so they were both of Black Thorn Downs and thus packmates to her.

"Florence? Is everything okay?" the other fae questioned just as Senka got to the top of the slope and stopped a few feet away from them. Florence? That was the name of the male? It was an interesting name and something that sparked a memory in Senka. Her mother always told her that for her next litter, which she was on her way for having when Senka left, Myrrhis stated that she wanted to name one of the pups Florence.

But it had to be a fluke, that this male was called Florence and that her mother talked about naming one of her unborn pups that name. Her curiosity piqued, Senka drew closer to the pair. She had to find out and make sure.

"My apologies for interrupting. But did you say your name was Florence?" She queried politely to the male, looking him over. He had similar colouring to her sister so maybe it could be that he was related to her.
Florence Flint Fortibus
It did not take Fly long to arrive at all, his friend instantly asking if he was alright and looking around to see if the danger was about. Of course the woman from the river was not around, so far into the pack lands. He would never have brought her so close to his new family, especially considering the pups and Fly.

He opened his mouth to answer her question but they were interrupted by a clear voice, askin if his name was indeed Florence. Turning towards the voice, somewhat angered by the interruption, he was going to scowl at the other wolf but his voice died in his throat. Golden orange eyes stared back at him, with messy ruddish fur going this way and that. No, it could not be...When he asked, his mother spoke of her daughter, his older sister, Senka fondly and always commented on her unkept fur, that flew in every direction and that her golden eyes rarely missed a hunting oppotunity.

So caught up in how thoughts, Florece failed to notice that his jaw was hanging open and his eyes, which were wide, were staring right at the woman in astonishment. It could not be her, surely? His mind raced, trying to find an explanation for the appearance of the woman. Her coat smelt strongly of Minka so she was a part of the pack and not some wanderer who ce onto their lands.

But what was she doing here, in Black Thorn Downs? Were his wishes of meeting his older siblings coming true? Were Rayne and Neoma nearby? At that thought, his mind finally caught up with him and he clamped his jaw closed and he lowered his eyes. His mother had taught him his manners and to simply stare as he had...he felt ashamed. And he reminded himself, this might not be her, no matter how often he had listened to the description of his sister.

"Yes, my name is Florence." He spoke softly, all of a sudden shy at the thought that he might be meeting his sister. "Who...who might you be?"
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly looked over as a wolf approached, an older she wolf with red fur darker than her own. Fly bared her fangs at the woman, letting her lips pull back to reveal dangerous incisors as a low growl spilled form her black lips. Fly scented the air and to her astonishment the woman smelled of Black Thorn Downs. So she was a pack mate? Fly let her posture relax and her lip pulled back down to cover her teeth, but she remained stiff. What was going on here?

The woman asked if Florence's name was indeed Florence, and Fly watched as Florence turned to face the woman. His eyes widened and his posture also stiffened. He looked as if he was seeing a ghost and Fly wondered if she should go back on her guard. Confused the russet girl's head whipped back and forth between Florence and the new comer. Finally, Florence responded to the woman in a soft spoken voice and Fly wondered why he seemed so bashful all of a sudden. Perhaps he was worried that Vera would be mad if she caught him talking to another female. OF course, Fly believed it was okay for Florence to speak with her because she considered Vera a friend and assumed that Vera would feel the same for her. But this stranger would certainly upset Vera and as a friend Fly felt obliged to keep a close eye on this new woman. The russet huntress took a step closer to Florence, determined to let this woman know that she would stand by Florence and would not be leaving any time soon.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
So his name was Florence. Yet her attention was drawn to the woman at his side. For a few brief moments, the woman bared her teeth at Senka and actually growled at her. Had she been in the back longer, Senka might have brislted at the noise and the wolf who made it. But the pair had been in the pack longer then she had so it was understood that at first, she was wary of Senka.

"I am genuinely sorry if I have starled either of you. It was not my intention at all."1 Senka bowed her head to the pair, she took a few steps away from them and kept her posture relaxed. However, her eyes stayed trained on Florence, his voice trembling slightly as he asked who she was. "I am Senka Flint. I should explain why I asked you your name, Florence. My mother is Myrrhis and when I left her, and my birthplace, she was pregnant. I do not know how many pups she had, since I left before they were born. But she told me that one of the names she would like to use was Florence." her voice was steady and calm as she told her story, explaining carefully why she had come up to the pair. Looking over to the younger female, she continued. "When I heard you say his name, I wanted to see if it were true. I've thought of my younger siblings over the years but figured them all safe at home, with my mother, or out in the world with their own packs. I wanted to know if you are my brother." this last line was directed at Florence. "Your mother, is her name Myrrhis? A grey pelted she wolf who knew herbs and Latin?" it was the only way she could convince the younger man that her story was true.
Florence Flint Fortibus
His brain came to a complete halt when she told him her name and anything after that, he did not hear it.

I am Senka Flint. That was his sister's name, the one his mother always told him about. The messy red fur and golden eyes had matched and now the name cemented it all together. This was his sister, someone he had wanted to meet ever since he had been told about her. The honourable sister who was just and kind. It now meant she was real, instead of some imaginary figure in his dreams. It also meant his bother and other sister had become more real, in his mind now. He wanted to know them as wondered if they were nearby too.

"Your mother, is her name Myrrhis? A grey pelted she wolf who knew herbs and Latin?" his tounge was too big in his mouth and his jaw wasn't working in the way he wanted. But he had to answer her, tell her that yes, his mother was Myrrhis and he knew about herbs and Latin. But he also wanted to ask her questions. Like why did she leave, she and her siblings and leave their mother all alone. Why didn't you stay and wait to meet us, him and his sisters. Yes, Myrrhis wasn't his birth mother, he knew but she was still the one who cares for him. But he wanted to know why.

"Yes, that's her." was all he manged to croak, his limbs trembling a little. "Why are you here?
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly listened attentively to the dark woman's story. She felt slightly embarrassed when the woman turned her gaze on her and pointedly explained why she had approached the pair. Fly knew that it had been wrong to greet the woman, Senka, with such hostility. Of course, Fly had just a arrived on the scene to see Florence looking very upset, so what was the russet girl supposed to think! Apparently, Senka wasn't the original reason why Florence had been upset, which Fly was still curious about, but she certainly wasn't making him feel any better now. Still, Firefly hoped there wouldn't be any animosity between her and Senka. After all, Senka was not only a packmate, but also Florence's sister.

Firefly was surprised that the first question Florence asked was "Why are you here?" The question seemed blunt to Fly. If her brother randomly showed up for a surprise visit she would certainly greet him in a more affectionate way. According to Senka's story, the two had never had the chance to meet, but blood was still blood. Firefly was not normally so quiet, but she decided it was best not to say anything yet. She was still unsure about how Florence felt about this Senka woman and so she was unsure how she should feel about her. Fly decided that it would be best to remain quiet and just watch what unfolded between the two before she asserted her presence. As long as Florence and Senka were on decent terms, the russet huntress intended to introduce herself to the darker woman and apologize for her earlier behavior.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
Senka Flint
allow me this moment of bliss so I may begin to miss the torment
A little confused by the question as well, Senka frowned at Florence but pushed aside the confusion. Obviously, he was confused as well and there were most likely a lot of different thoughts and emotions coursing through the younger boy-her brother, her mind reminded her. It would not have surprised her if her mother had told him stories of herself and her siblings, tales of them leaving to find their own way in the world, so the question didn't seem so far fetched.

"Like many others, I was looking for a home and hopefully, this land will be it for a long time to come." She answered simply, not wanting to speak of what had had her leave before and what caused her to return. Her golden eyes softened slightly and her tone of voice when she next spoke as just as soft and nearly as fond. This was her younger brother, even if she wasn't aware that they were related by blood. "I've wanted to meet you for a long time, you know. Unexpected circumstances made me leave our mother behind, while she was pregnant and made it difficult for me to return to her. I miss her terribly and hoped every night, that she was safe in having her pups, my siblings and just overall happy. I know that the death of our father broke her but I like to think you helped with that. I just wished I could have stayed. I wish I didn't have to leave as I did, without any chance of returning to her, and to you. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive me, for not being there for you and Mother." Her words were spoken truthfully and deep down, Senka did hurt for leaving her mother behind in her time of need.

Had things turned out differently, then she was have stayed and helped her mother care for her newest brood of children. She would have taught them how to hunt and shown them all the tricks of the trade, had they wanted to choose hunting as their profession. Most of all, she wished that she had been their to help their mother cope with all that she had gone through. It had saddened and hurt Senka, to have left her mother behind but feared for her own life the night the huntress had left her birth pack.

table by mimi
(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2014, 02:37 AM by Senka.)