(See All?) Announcements
528 Users Online
Bing, Google

Bouyancy is Relative — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 30 posts.
Inactive
Tobius Alexander

As he swam around, rather clumsily compared to the season veteran besides him, he looked over at her as she praised him. Instead of the fear that he usually felt getting into the water, he was happy and was enjoying himself actually. In the back of his mind, he knew that he had to be careful not to overdo it and tired himself out to the point where he couldn’t help himself out of the water. However, he basked in the fact that he faced his fear and that was all thanks to Laurel. She had encouraged him to rise above his fear and he was so grateful that she believed in him so much. No one has ever believed in him as much as she does.

She advised him to keep swimming to get some more practice under his belt, so he wasn’t as clumsily as he swam. The more he swam though, the more his movements became more graceful and fluid. "That is, unless your foot- I mean, if you don't feel up for it, with it- well- half missing and all...." She said shyly before giving him a sideways glance and asking, "Does it hurt?" Sometimes he never understands why she feels awkward asking some of the things she asks him. He wasn’t going to get upset or lash out at her for asking a question. He had to admit, she does ask a lot of questions, but she’s a curious soul and there was no wrong in questions.

“Oh, that? No, it doesn’t hurt really. I don’t have a lot of feeling in that foot anymore, so it doesn’t bother me that much.” He said, his blue eyes looking over to her as he swam over to her. Bumping his nose to her cheek, he smiled, “You don’t need to worry about me. I do the worrying around here.”

Played by Alisha who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laurel Boughinn
In the midst of her joy and relief, Jaime's joke stung a little. Of course, he couldn't know how her family coddled her, protected her, hid her away from the truth of duties and responsibilities, cowed and useless- so she tried not to let it bother her, or hold it against him. Laurel was content to be happy in the here and now, proud that she had helped him get over his fears and inabilities. Even so, she couldn't help but give a playful jab back- "If you do all the worrying, that means I get to have all the fun," she swam around to the other side of him, and poked her friend with her nose in return- "And that wouldn't be very fair, would it?"

Making sure to stay mindful of the time, Laurel was happy to find that Jaime didn't need much instruction as the lesson wore on- a little reminder here and there, and already his swimming was starting to improve. At this rate, if they had a few days more time, he probably would be swimming as well as her. As it was, though, the two of them were simply going to be satisfied with what practice he had- fall was approaching and the water would get colder by the day. Not to mention they were still on a mission.

A bit melancholy, but still upbeat, Laurel swam towards the bank- giving her fur a good shake to rid it of water. Nobody wants to catch a cold. Looking back at her dear friend, she smiled- "You're doing great, but we have to go, don't we?"
(This post was last modified: Nov 05, 2014, 01:17 PM by Laurel.)
Played by Arya who has 30 posts.
Inactive
Tobius Alexander
"But I’ll owe it all to you
My little bird
My little bird woah oh oh
My little bird
My little bird
You’re my little bird"
Little Bird - Ed Sheeran

“If you do all the worrying, that means I get to have all the fun.” She countered, a laugh bubbling in his throat at her words. "And that wouldn't be very fair, would it?" She finished with a bump with her nose to his, a sweet laugh escaping his maw. “No, I guess that wouldn’t be very fair,” he answered with his own jab to her cheek with his nose. “But as long as you don’t leave me out!” He answered before he bumped her with his shoulder with joyful smile. He was indeed having fun with Laurel and was glad that she was able to show this to him. He was also glad that she was able to see this side of him.

The side that is willing to face his fears and enjoy the time he had with her. He wasn’t always serious all the time, but with the thought of Athena’s safety weighing on him, he needed these times of happiness. He needed to avoid the feeling of hopelessness for her, but with Laurel here with him, he’s been able to bear the weight. Seriousness fell over his body as he looked over to Laurel as she began to get out of the water. "You're doing great, but we have to go, don't we?" “Yeah, we should,” he said not matching her smile as he got out of the water. He walked a little ways away from her to shake out the water from his coat before he turned back towards her.

“I really hope I’m not too late. The weight of her being hurt is baring so much on me that I feel so much hopelessness, Laurel. I really hope we’re in time to save her. You have no idea who she’s against.” He admitted, his head hanging low as water slowly dripped off his muzzle and onto the ground.

Played by Alisha who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laurel Boughinn
Laurel's ears lost some of their perkiness at the Jaime's lament. His smile disappeared and his tone sounded desperate, heavy with a burden unseen. Her heart rushed to comfort him, and her body followed, pressing up against his shoulder, even though they were both dripping wet. She had to help him- she just had to, somehow. What he voiced resonated with what she had felt months ago. And no one should through that. Not alone anyway.

She didn't want to sugar coat the fact that there was a chance they could be too late. In Laurel's experience, all that did was lead to more crushing feelings of despair once the risen expectations failed to deliver. Everyone had said the battle would be simple, an easy win- it ended up being the most devastating event in her life. Her parents had trudged on, smiling and saying they were going to find them a new home- they had dropped dead on the trail, simply exhausted and in pain. Her siblings had praised her, saying that she was growing into a wolf to be proud of- when in truth, she was lackluster in both appearance and worth to a pack. That realization had hurt most of all.

But she couldn't leave him without hope either. It was a driving force, both with determination and love. If he didn't have hope, what was left? Revenge?

So it was with a soft voice she tried to find some way to comfort Jaime- "Then let's go. No more wasting time. We'll walk by day and night if we have to." Raising her head to get a sense of direction, Laurel judged that their path lay southwest of the mountain. "We should head this way." She nudged him onward, trying to find words that would at least give him some semblance of peace- "Don't give up hope. Things will get better."

Frustration rang through her head; That's all I have? Anyone but me would be better at this- but I'm all he has right now... With that thought, the dark Boughinn made a silent promise to pull through without complaint or slack, in order to reach thier goal. She wouldn't be useless.

the end.
(This post was last modified: Nov 11, 2014, 02:18 AM by Laurel.)