384 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

Dog Teeth — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 14 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nyna Lagina
For @Myrrhis <3 Cloudy — 25° F/-4° C | Late After/Early Evening
Long legs made their way easily over the crisp grass. It was finally getting cold enough that the grass had an icy dew in the morning and evening that would crunch when one's paws would meet it. Although it bothered the female, since she could no longer be stealthy and silent, but it also brought a smile to her face. The sound of the icy grass crunching under paw was relaxing in a way. Truly she probably should have been worrying since she was a lone wolf with winter approaching.

The young Lagina woman had been too truly lost in thought for her to even notice what lied ahead of her. A rather big grand mountain. It seemed she had made enough distance through the meadow to be able to approach the mountain. While Nyna did not like the idea of traveling over the mountain for the fear of getting stuck on it but she saw no other option. With no pack to return to for shelter she could only hope there was one waiting for her on or over the mountain.

Standing at the base of the mountain Nyna took it all in. It would be no easy trek and she would need her rest before doing such. Her paws were already sore from traveling this far into foreign land and they would likely be even more sore from climbing the mountain. Looking around quickly the Lagina was quick minded to think of a plan. "Maybe if I can find a den before dark I can make the trip in the morning..." Taking one good glance at the sky the young Lagina knew she would have only a good solid hour or two of daylight left. Time made exceptions for no one. Not even beggars.
Played by Silvia who has 57 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
After meeting the young wolf in the forest, Myrrhis decided that she would travel to the mountain that she had seen while living with the Hollowheart Keep pack. It had intrigued her and piqued her curiosity enough. making her wonder if there were any packs living on or over the mountain. To live on a mountain would prove both challenging yet genius. There would be little fight over game, for not many wolves would live on such a possibly dangerous terrain but food would be good and water would collect in various places on the mountain, if one knew where to look. Old caves would provide useful for dens if there were enough. And one couldn't forget the herbs that grew no where else, expect on the rocky slopes of the mountain.

But Myrthis was not looking for herbs, at least now right now. Instead, as she stalked along the base of the mountain, her bright orange eyes were scanning for a place of refuge for the night. It was not long before night would befall her and Myrrhis did not like the thought of being out at night whilst on her own, especially at her age. Her bones were getting weary and ached more during the colder months. Not to mention her eye sight wasn't what it once was, not like when she was younger and could spot things from far away. Now the further away things were and the darker the time of day. the more blurry they would look and shapes would be less defined.

So when her attention was drawn to a voice murmuring softly to itself, she could just make out the shape of another wolf standing several metres away from her. For a moment, Myrrhis nearly smiled at the sight of the reddish coat, thinking that it was perhaps her estranged daughter, Senka but the voice sounded nothing like the rich timber of her daughter's voice.

So Myrrhis wondered if she should draw attention to herself or simply keep moving onwards for shelter.
(This post was last modified: Nov 01, 2014, 03:49 AM by Myrrhis.)
Inactive No Rank
Nyna Lagina
The scent of an older female carried on the winds. After some peering and moving Nyna's eyes were quick to catch her. Light grey with darker shades over her back and orange eyes. Barking out lightly she approached the other woman. "You over there! Who are you?" Although her voice sounded a bit harsh and rude she really didn't mean for it to come out that way. Of course she found no need to correct herself for this strange she had just laid eyes on.

Holding herself tall and high she let a rather rude smirk sit on her face. Of course she would play it tough in front of a strange, not that she felt threatened from an older wolf. Especially if push came to shove the Lagina woman was well aware that she would likely be granted the upper hand. Speed, wits and health all graced the Lagina. She was just unsure of what exactly the older grey woman possessed. Though Nyna was only thinking of herself and not this other woman. So the usual thoughts began running through her mind. "Why is she out here alone? She should be with a pack. She's far to old to be wandering on her own. Who knows...the old woman might give at any moment." Nyna had to bight her tongue and lip to fight back a chuckle at her thoughts. She knew karma would come back to nip her in the rear for these thoughts but she couldn't help it. Everyone had a sour side now and then. Her's just happened to show now.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
When the young wolf did eventually notice Myrrhis, she was not expecting such a somewhat rude and harsh outburst from her, asking who she was. It reminded her of her other daughter, Neoma, who had been and most likely still was, just as haughty as this yearling seemed to be. And what added to the memory was the way she held herself, tall and proud, as if she was better than all those she crossed. As if all were beneath her and were not worthy to look upon her. Of course, Myrrhis could not judge the girl after only a few moments of knowing her. Maybe she was just wary of Myrrhis and wanted no trouble, so she was trying to act tough. But perhaps she should wait and see first, because the uncanny resemblance in personality to her haughty daughter set the old wolf on edge.

“It is often polite to introduce yourself before asking a stranger’s name,” Myrrhis somewhat scolded the girl, her tail twitching at the obvious display of power of her. Part of her, the instinctive part of her, wanted to challenge the other’s stance but she knew it would not be wise. Besides, the grey wolf cared little for hierarchy while out on her own and meeting another wolf who was obviously not a part of a pack. At her old age, Myrrhis proved only to be a small threat to other wolves. So unless this yearling wished to fight her, which Myrrhis was almost certain was a possibility and thus would keep her guard up, then there was nothing to worry over. “So what is your name youngling? It must be a pretty one, to go with your coat.”
Inactive No Rank
Nyna Lagina
Nyna should of had the face of a gapeseed for how the older woman acted back but instead she smiled softly. "So what is your name youngling? It must be a pretty one, to go with your coat.” Calming her high posture just a tad she sighed softly. "I guess I should apologize. I'm truly sorry. I should have known better. Trust me, my parents taught me better." Chuckling softly she guessed she also owed the older woman her name. "My name is Nyna Lagina of no pack." Although she had no title to hold her name to she still said it proud. It was an honor to carry on the Lagina name.

"I guess you owe me a name now though? Unless you don't want to. I won't push you into anything. Nyna hoped that the older woman would give in easily though. She didn't feel like dancing around the topic of names and titles. She'd much rather just be shot straight in this conversation. In fact she felt that if this woman was to dance around topics of the simple she would not waste her time with her. Of course she knew little about this woman and would give her a chance to show that she was worth Nyna's precious time.

Looking down at the ground Nyna stared at her paws for a few moments. The daylight would soon simmer. She needed this meeting to fly by fast. Little did anyone know that this young Lagina was one that was scared of the things that went bump in the dark...
(This post was last modified: Nov 07, 2014, 11:39 PM by Nyna.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
A small smile nearly crossed Myrrhis' face as the girl seemed to deflate just a little bit, apologizing that she should have known better, as her parents had taught her. Her name then rolled off her tongue as she introduced herself, Nyna Lagina and Myrrhis did think it was a pretty name. Though Myrrhis could not stop the small chuckle with how proudly Nyna told her name, and how she was of no pack. So she was proven correct when she smelt no pack on the yearling. Not that it mattered much to Myrrhis but perhaps the two could look for a pack together? If Nyna wanted to and if Myrrhis questioned her.

"I am Myrrhis Flint and I am simply a roaming loner at the moment." She supplied to Nyna, when prompted for her own name. She held no qualms about holding her name back now, as Nyna had given her and seemed to have learned a small lesson in the old wolf's mind. "I do not mind giving my name to those who ask, if the question is asked correctly. And your parents taught you well enough. You are young and the young are given enough chances to make mistakes that can easily be forgiven." Her tone of voice was reassuring and kind as she spoke, the same tone she often used on those who were much younger then her. It was not any way condescending or hurtful or at least, Myrrhis attempted to stay away from that kind of thing as much as possible. Some wolves often took such a tone the wrong way and would lash out at her. Thankfully, it never equated out to leaving wounds or anything on her.

"Seeing as neither of us are of a pack yet, would you like to travel together?" Myrrhis decided to would not hurt to make the offer and if Nyna rejected her then she would move on and find somewhere else to sleep tonight.