426 Users Online
Google, Bing, Clover

let men burn stars — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 158 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nova
Night, Clear — 24° F/-4° C
@Camio RE: The moon has turned a blood red and the forest is covered in a dense fog. Have the ghosts of Relic Lore decided to return? Spoooopy

and you can't see
nova
the wind in the trees

Nova's broad head swung blindly through the mist, her panicked breath meeting the frigid air in swirls of steam. She cursed her long legs as she tripped the hundredth time over some unseen gnarled root or creeping vine. She was poor at navigation, and it was too dark to make out any landmarks, familiar or otherwise. She had the worrying suspicion that she had been going around and round in circles, and as she glanced upward to see if the moon could be her guide, she almost wished she hadn't looked. Framed by leafless boughs, the nearly full moon glowed a menacing shade of red. That couldn't mean anything good.

Lowering her goldenrod gaze back to the dark forest before her, she let out a strained whimper. In the mist, just out of sight, a pale shape moved through the trees and vanished just as quickly as it appeared. Nova couldn't help but jump, and a chill jolted down her spine. What was that? Her heart started to pound out of fear, but maybe it was just Camio?

What had gotten her into this whole mess was when she had suggested they split up after an unsuccessful day of hunting to cover more ground before sunset. She had planned to meet him at a peculiar looking boulder in a creek, but she had failed to account for her absolutely abysmal sense of direction. Before she knew it, she was utterly lost.

"C-Camio? Is that you?" Nova called, hesitantly. She continued to stare as she waited for the pale shape to reappear, but there was nothing there but the dark forest. All sorts of horrid thoughts rippled up. What if, just like Mercy, just like Chulyin, just like Sagacity, just like Naira, what if Camio was gone for good? Or what if... Just like Mapplethorpe.

"Camio?!" Nova shouted, growing desperate to find him as she continued to struggle through the thick fog.

(This post was last modified: Nov 05, 2014, 04:50 AM by Nova.)
Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
This was typed on me iPod so excuse any mistakes :x
Where had she gone? They made plans go meet after splitting up, not that Camio wanted to split up from her, and she was no where to be found. It had the Zamora male panicked and freaked as to where his lovely pricess could have gone to.

Figuring she might have gotten lost in the foggy woods Camio set out that way to look for Nova. He had been counting on the moonlight to lead him but he noticed a twinge of color difference. Looking up to the sky he got chills down his back. His fur was fluffed and he couldn't help but pull up his lips to expose his ivory teeth. Camio also grew more paranoid as it seemed like pale figures danced in the foggy distance.

"Camio?!" That was the only thing he needed to hear to send him flying. His legs raced faster and faster. "NOVA!" He called out a loud howl for her. Though it didn't take long for his eyes to find Nova's dark form. Racing up to her he jumped in front of her.

"I'm here now." Camio nudged her softly eyes darting around. He was still on edge. Teeth bared and all. "Did you see them?" The young Zamora was hoping that he wasn't the only one who saw those figures dancing in the moonlight and fog. Perhaps if he could hear that Nova saw them too he would feel more at ease. For now though he was on high alert for both Nova and his own safety.
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Inactive Deceased
Nova
and you can't see
nova
the wind in the trees

Nova's batty ears perked up as she heard what could only have been Camio's howl for her echoing through the woods. She turned towards his voice, scrambling over everything that stood in her way of her mate. She yelped as he suddenly appeared, practically flying before he stopped abruptly before her. She had nearly expected it to be one of those... those things, rather than Camio.

"Oh thank goodness," Nova gasped in response to him, burying her snout in the thick ruff of his neck. "I was so worried about you," She stammered, still on the verge of hysterics but feeling a little better now that he was back at his rightful place by her side. Whatever strange happenings were going on, she wouldn't have to face it alone.

"Them?" Nova asked in a hushed voice at his question. "You mean, you saw it too? The white... things? And the moon?" Nova couldn't even explain it, her glimpse of it had been so fleeting. She didn't want to say they had been wolf shaped, though they certainly might have. She wasn't sure if she was being paranoid now, but she felt like they weren't alone. But turning her nose to the air, besides the odor of decaying leaves, she could only detect her and Camio here. "What do you think it was? Just the fog? I... I don't feel like it's just us here..." She dropped her voice to a whisper, pressing her side against Camio as she glanced around.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
castlegraphics . deviantart
burtn . deviantart

"Of course I saw them. A wolf would have to be blind not to see them..." His voice was a low hushed sound in the darkness of the forest. Camio was not only concerned about the mystery guest lurking in the foggy shadows, he was also worried about where they were. This didn't seem to be the best place to get lost in on a night like this. In fact it was the last place the Zamora male wanted to be. At least he had Nova by his side though.

Turning his muzzle towards Nova's chest he nuzzled her softly. Taking in a deep breath through his nose he picked up a few scents. Lynx, deer, and blood. Maybe those were the things lurking in the shadow. Licking Nova's chin he looked his love straight in the eyes. "I'm going to go investigate. Do you want to trail with me or stay behind?" Camio would allow Nova to make her own choice, even though he desperately wished she would trail with him. The young male couldn't risk loosing his princess so soon.

Flicking his tail he set his nose to the ground taking a few first steps forward. "I smell Lynx and Deer. Maybe that's what we've been seeing in the foggy shadows." Although Camio was speaking to himself it was no doubt loud enough for Nova to hear it. He had never truly been the best at keeping silent when talking to himself. Besides, he thought Nova might like to know what he was thinking.

"Speech"

(This post was last modified: Nov 06, 2014, 06:29 AM by Camio.)
Inactive Deceased
Nova
and you can't see
nova
the wind in the trees

"Don't be silly, of course I'm coming with you." Nova insisted, making it clear she would not be budging on the matter. After all, she hadn't spent all evening running herself ragged looking for him, just to lose him again. Searching for ghouls wasn't Nova's favorite way to spend the night, especially one so excitement filled already, but the girl was never one to step down from any sort of challenge. While she was quite happy to bask in Camio's coddling attention like a princess, Nova didn't just want to be a pretty girl up on a pedestal when she could be a warrior princess, too.

"I hope you're right," Nova said warily. She could smell it too, but the smell had appeared so suddenly she was almost doubting it really existed, just like the shapes in the mist. If sight could deceive, why not scent, too?

As Camio set his muzzle to the ground, Nova fell in step not behind, but beside him. She let her wet leathery nose sweep over the floor, catching the faint whiffs of deer, blood, and lynx. The red cast of the moon rippled as the leaves above shuddered, and Nova drifted closer to Camio. She was trying to put on a brave face for him, but this was all a bit unnerving.

The scent had grown stronger, but the mist was so thick that Nova didn't see it until they were practically standing on top of it. Nova stopped, not wanting to get to close too what looked like the half eaten remains of a deer, in case the very thing was cursed. "I don't know, Camio, this looks pretty old..." She said, turning her head slightly to the side to catch the brown of his eyes in the faint light. "M-maybe we saw the lynx? They might still be guarding it..." She suggested, not terribly convinced by her own theory.

Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora

"I don't know, Camio, this looks pretty old..."

Nova had been right. The carcass did look old and it even smelt rather aged as if to prove the statement even more. Though it left him to ponder Nova's next statement about the lynx still guarding the deathly remains of the deer. What in the world would a lynx want with stale meat? Surely the wild feline would have better taste in meat...

"Nova, stay right here, don't move. At all." He flicked his tail and prowled forward. The Zamora male could only hope that the pretty face, Nova, would have a smart mind and listen to his words. Of course she also had a free will the Camio wouldn't take away from her. If she choose to follow then so be it, he was only trying to keep her safe.

Moving forward Camio almost swore he saw the glint of a wild cat's eyes reflecting the blood moon's light. A low growl rumbled from his chest booming rather loudly in the silent woodlands. His fur was rather ruffled as all along his nape was standing rather straight. His muzzle crinkled exposing his ivory cutters and body tense ready to fight. Expecting the worse all he heard was the haunting crow of some lost raven. He heard the clacking of its bill momentarily before everything dropped silent again. Where some unworldly beings playing tricks on him? Although Camio wasn't one to truly believe in karma, fate, or anything superstition like he figured there was always a chance that things like those might exist.

"Speech."
Inactive Deceased
Nova
and you can't see
nova
the wind in the trees

Nova pouted at first when Camio told her to stay put. There was no way she would be letting Camio go out and face whatever it was alone. "Nuh uh, we're sticking together," Nova told him, gentle but firm enough to let it be known she wouldn't accept any other option. She lightly tread after Camio, yellow eyes skimming the surroundings as she looked for whatever ghast or ghoul was out there. Maybe it was nothing, just fog or a play of the eerie red moonlight through the trees that had tricked them. But the tingling up her spine told her it was something more than that.

Nova stiffened as Camio began to growl. "What is it?" She whispered. She tried to glance around his shoulder and see what it was he was growling at, but whatever it had been, it was gone. The air was still, and the only thing Nova could hear was the rumble from Camio's growls and the croak of a raven. It seemed nothing else was out here besides the pair of wolves, but Nova couldn't help but shiver. She could have sworn she'd had smelled a lynx earlier, back by the carcass, but where the hell was the lynx now?

The sound of dry branches rattling together and leaves stirring suddenly erupted behind Nova. Nova yelped, blindly throwing herself forward and away from the sound. Unfortunately Camio's rump was in the way and instead of making an escape she crashed into his backside.