(See All?) Announcements
545 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel, Magg

bibbidi bobbidi boo — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 57 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
Myrrhis could not stop the chuckle from escaping her when Seraphina thanked her excitedly. It brought joy to her heart to hear such an excited bark from one so young.

“You are welcome, Seraphina. I am only glad that I managed to help you.” Myrrhis smiled, watching the girl dart over to the moose carcass and inspect it carefully, explaining a tradition from her birth pack. “That is an interesting tradition. A tradition I remember my Ava teaching me is a blessing to be said over a meal, when we’ve brought down an animal.” Falling silent, Myrrhis remembered the blessing clearly and she spoke it over every animal she hunted, even if it was just a simple mouse. The silence stretched for a few moments as Myrrhis thought before piping up.

“So this pack of yours, the one you have just joined, would they allow another wolf into their ranks?” Myrrhis questioned politely, as Seraphina continued to loosen the horns of the moose. “I am looking for a pack to settle into for a long time, since my old bones cannot take much more traveling, I should think.” Myrrhis spoke the truth. She wanted a pack to settle into for as long as she could, possibly until she could no longer be useful even and would go off quietly to die.

It was true though, that Myrrhis was getting on in her years. Her eyesight had begun failing her, things turning fuzzy in the distance and her joints aching more often during the colder months or when it was about to rain. To be a a part of a pack would take the edge of having to hunt for food all the time and looking for a safe place to sleep.
Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina nodded as Myrrhis mentioned blessings over a meal. She too was taught to pray over her prey once she took its life and before she ate it. She had not killed this animal, but its death was presenting her with an opportunity to bring a gift to her leader. For that, Seraphina dipped her head, closed her eyes, and prayed to Lady Nature for granting her this opportunity.

Once Myrrhis mentioned needing a pack to join Seraphina paused. She wanted to offer a place in the ranks for the woman who had helped her, but she was not sure if she had the authority to do that. Seraphim focused on getting the antlers loose from the skull while she considered what to do next. She could bring Myrrhis back to the border and call for Phineas. This might catch her leader off guard however, and that would not be good. Seraphim's place in the pack was already tenuous, and she didn't want to risk being kicked out herself. But she owed this lady and she wasn't completely sure she wouldn't get in trouble for not offering Myrrhis an opportunity to join.

After considering her options and the situations Phina came to a decision. "Well Myrrhis, I would love to offer you a place in our ranks. However, I am not sure that I have the authority to do that." Phina offered the older woman a gentle smile. "What I can do, is bring you back to the border and call for my leader and perhaps he will offer you a place within our pack." Seraphina believed it was worth the risk of catching Phineas off guard. How upset could he be with her for recruiting a member? Surely, not more upset than he had been when she herself requested to join. On the other hand, he might be pleased to see her recruiting a new member. Especially if this wolf had any special talents. Considering this, Phina asked Myrrhis, "What role might you take in the pack? A teacher, perhaps?"

As Phina asked this, the antlers finally came loose and she was able to look at her prize and smile.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
Myrrhis nodded in understanding to Seraphina’s words. “I understand. I have skills as a teacher, yes and as a healer. I have skills in both those areas.” Myrrhis admitted to the girl, after her question. “I am good with pups, so if this pack has them, then I can offer my services as a teacher to them and as a healer to the rest of the pack.” Myrrhis was good with pups, and a patient teacher. And due to her many years of experience with herbs, she considered herself an adept healer. Myrrhis wondered what her leader was like and pondered if he was harsh for the sake of being harsh or had a reason behind his distrusting nature. Either way, Myrrhis would not question him at all about it, no matter how curious she was about his situation.

“Well, why don’t we bring the antlers and some of the moose back for the pack?” Myrrhis suggested to Seraphina. “I’d like to follow your family’s tradition of offering something to the leader, if he accepts me. It might even help sway his opinion on me, hopefully in a favourable way.” The idea could not hurt and even if she was not accepted into the pack, the old silver pelted wolf had helped another wolf and that was good enough for her.
Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina gave Myrrhis an encouraging smile as the older woman listed her abilities. A teacher for the pups? A healer for the rest of the pack? The woman seemed useful in Seraphina's eyes, but Seraphina also recognized that the woman was older and Phineas had barely accepted Phina. Would he turn away Myrrhis because of her age? Seraphina surely hoped not. But she did not know what kind of man Phineas was and could not hazard a guess at what the leader would say to the older woman.

Phina nodded in agreement when Myrrhis suggested that they both bring something of the moose back. The meat was still good and by bringing the meat Myrrhis would already be showing her worth to the leader. Childishly, Seraphina wondered if Myrrhis' present would detract from her own and briefly entertained the thought of holding off on giving Phineas the antlers until they were in private. This seemed like a silly idea on second thought. She would have to leave the antlers here and then come back for them later. The extra work was not necessary. Phineas would either appreciate her gesture or he would not and whether Phina handed him the present alongside Myrrhis or in private would not change the result. Resolved, Seraphina picked up the antlers and flicked her tail for Myrrhis to grab whatever offering she would bring."I'll take you to the border and call for my leader, Phineas." Seraphina spoke around the antlers in her mouth and with that the dappled woman turned and started towards the border of Silent Moon Plateau.

--exit--

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
Myrrhis nodded as Seraphina told her that she’d bring her to the borders and call for her leader, calling him Phineas. She stored that bit of information in her mind, for when she met him.

Stepping towards the carcass as Seraphina stepped away from it with the antlers in her mouth, glancing over the carcass. There was still plenty of meat on the carcass so it must have been killed in the past day or two. Myrrhis buried her teeth into the shoulder and managed to slice of a large portion of it. Her stomach rumbled again and told her to just eat the piece of meat she tore off. Later. she told herself. She would feed herself later, whether from the caches if she was accepted into the pack or she would come back to the carcass later if not.

Carrying the meat carefully in her jaws, Myrrhis turned and began to follow Seraphina to the borders that would hopefully soon become the silver pelted woman’s home. Her jaws tightened a little more around the meat as she remembered what had happened last time she joined a pack and prayed it wouldn’t be the same this time around.

She wanted to start anew and she was going to make it work.
-Exit-