Bing, Google

Snow time like hare and now — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
Senka Flint
allow me this moment of bliss so I may begin to miss the torment
The snowshoe hare barely stood a chance when Senka set her sights set on it. It had obviously wandered far from its home, in order to search for food for itself, unknowingly finding itself on the menu for a wolf as it snuffled along in the snow. Senka had only spotted it when its short ears flicked up, the black tips catching her attention out of the corner of her eye to her left. It still had a few brown splotches that covered its otherwise white fur, clearly still in the process of changing to its winter coat.

Senka had taken her time in stalking the hare, knowing how flighty the creatures could be should they perceive even the slightest bit of danger in their immediate area and thus potentially to their life. Having slowly circled around to make sure she was down wind to the creature, keeping her eyes on it as it stayed unaware of its potential death, it only became aware of her when her teeth snapped its neck. A cut off squeal was the last sound it ever made before going limp in her jaws, a few drops of red staining the ground. Had Senka not been as hungry as she was, she may have taken the rabbit back to the caches, which she knew knew were getting low. But the huntress was hungry and where there was one snowshoe hare, there was bound to be many more around so it would not be hard to find another to take back to the caches.

So the ruddy female tore the meat from her catch, thinking over in her head the meeting with her brother and his friend in her head. He had been angry at her, which hadn't surprised her much. She knew her mother was hurting, after the death of her mate, ad she had given her blessing for Senka to go. Yet the dame still felt guilt over it all. She should have stayed close by, at least until her mother had given birth to the pups and helped out as much as she could. And then there was the mention that Florence had been found by Myrrhis, not a true son of hers he had admitted, at least not by blood. Regardless, as she cleaned off the blood of her meal off her fur, Senka was determined to treat him as her brother and make it up to him.

Until then, she was going to hunt for the pack and show @Minka and her mate, Tokino, that she was a worthy wolf for their pack. Perhaps Senka thought briefly, licking her chops perhaps I should talk to @Minka and see if she and the other wolves in the pack would be up for a hunt. Even if I don't know what the others do, surely there's more hunters within the pack and she would know who they are. With that in mind, Senka tucked it away and promised she would speak to her leader the next time she saw her, after she had gathered some food a single wolf could catch on their own.

table by mimi
(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2014, 02:44 AM by Senka.)