(See All?) Announcements
506 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo

feast fit for the kings — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 49 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Xetor Archer

Xetor craned his head and neck over Enoki's leg as he sniffed around the wound and felt the warmth coming off her flesh. The bruise is rather bad, but it does not need immediate attention. That flesh wound though... He thought quietly before licking her cut once. Her blood was a tangy iron taste but he was relieved not to smell or taste even a hint of infection in it. Still, the Archer wanted that wound covered up by some goldenrod or something.

"Will you lick that cut clean for me Enoki? I've got to find an herb for it to keep you from getting ill." He glanced back up at her before looking around the area for any goldenrod that might be nearby. They were lucky, for goldenrod was one of those hardy plants that kept growing in protected areas in thickets or under trees until the first good snows hit. "I'll be right back. Get that cut clean please." He spoke quickly before lifting himself from the earth and striding through the wolves looking around for the tall familiar plant that might be in the more cleared areas of the wildwood. His gaze settles upon Titan as the tall boy flashes a snarl towards Mordacai. Instantly Xetor angles himself towards the yearling to reprimand him. His fast steps bring Xetor right up next to Titan and for once Tor was happy with Titan being lower than him since he was laying down. With a fast movement Tor grips Titan's muzzle in his jaws and shakes his head a bit. The bite was fierce enough to be unsettling, alarming, or uncomfortable, but soft enough to not bleed the yearling. Then Tor drapes a foreleg over Titan's back and shoulders to show his dominance over him.

"Yearlings do not bare their teeth at their superiors boy." Xetor warns the young male with a deep growl then waits for Titan to submit before finally letting go. He then slowly steps back from the yearling while still giving Titan a long stare. "Help me find some goldenrod for Enoki's cut. I want you to make a poultice for her." Xetor lifted his chin before glancing to Mordacai to see his reaction.

Played by Missy who has 50 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Mordacai Ashrelle

Mordacai felt the skin under his black fur begin to heat up. How the hell was he supposed to know that the woman was Titan's mother? Did this boy have family everywhere? Despite the excuse he made for himself, Cai still felt bad for offending the yearling. The kid was usually quite respectful and very hardworking. Cai didn't think twice of the snarl Titan had shown him, and was more than willing to let it slide and offer an apology to the yearling. Then, Titan pointed out Enoki and Xetor and Cai had to suppress his own flash of teeth. His anger was not directed at Titan, but it was present none the less. "Look kid..." Cai was just about to offer an apology, though this one was a little less heart felt than the original one might have been, but before he could another wolf appeared. And of all the wolves it could have been, it had to be Xetor. The dark male grabbed Titan's muzzle in a show of dominance and reprimanded him for baring teeth at a higher ranking pack mate. Now Cai's lips did draw back in a snarl, and a low growl rumbled in his chest.

"Titan and I were having a conversation, Xetor, and your interruption was not necessary. I had it under control and it looked to me like you were handling my sister's wound just fine on your own." Mordacai looked pointedly at Enoki, subtly hinting that Xetor should go back to minding his own business. Cai understood that Xetor was a higher rank than himself, and respected pack hierarchy, but at this point it was about self respect. Cai did not need Xetor to fight his battles. Besides that, Titan had not done anything worth that kind of reprimand in Cai's eyes and Cai did not like how quick Xetor was to assert dominance over the yearling.

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime lifts herself to her paws then yawns once more before she notices Elettra approaching her. Just before the dark wolf was about to bump into her shoulder Nari smiles and wags her tail slowly. Amused by the warm greeting from the Archer woman, Nari lowers her head and butts her old caretaker and teacher under the chin and neck. Nari would never be equal to the likes of Elettra Archer. The Lagina was willing to challenge everyone else but this one most trusted and respected wolf.

Her blue orbs slip over the dark form of her friend as Nari pulled back and huffed a sigh. She had been one of the wolves to chase and tire out the bison, but had not been one of much use when it came to taking it down. She didn't have that much strength despite her height. She was a runner through and through.

"Trust me you didn't miss anything. It was damn tiring chasing that thing for so long just to slow it down. That.. bison was surprisingly fast for its great size. I almost got bored with running."

Narime cast a long look towards the bison and felt her stomach growl. She had promptly rested and fallen asleep after that hunt because the long run had taken so much out of her.

She growled a low content growl as Nina then came over and greeted Elettra. The two woman before her were some of the most trusted wolves that Nari knew, though she did have a question to ask Nina while she was there.

"Did Danica ever make it to your pack? She disappeared soon after Titan left for Willow Ridge and I had wondered if she was headed for the willows after him or towards the woodlands to you Nina."

Nari looked towards the two woman with a bit of worry clouding her features. Danica had still been healing when she had disappeared. Even after searching for her Nari hadn't been able to find the young Renier yearling. She waits patiently for an answer before glancing around at the other wolves.

All of the sudden a growl cut through the air. Nari looks towards a small group of wolves that were by Titan now. Her hackles rose up as she spots a male she doesn't know dominating Titan. However the gray wolf keeps herself in place and scents the air while watching the commotion intently. It seemed as though the other male was defending Titan, and immediately that places him higher in her book of wolves to like. She wonders quietly if her son was getting along well with Elettra's pack.

"Who's the rusty black fellow?"

Narime leans towards @Elettra to ask the woman quietly enough so that only they and Nina could hear.

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

It took a strong amount of will power not to flinch under the lick Xetor applied to the tender flesh of her leg while he examined the damage of the cut, undoubtedly tasting for signs of infection. The look that briefly crossed his face reassured her that there was no infection to be found, but in turn he commanded her to clean the wound while he left to fetch herbs of some kind to keep one from starting. "Will do." Was all she spoke before watching his swarthy form turn and disappear among the gathering of wolves. Following the instructions given to her, Enoki then lowered her haunches back into a sitting position to make it easier to reach the open flesh.

In the midst of her cleansing a growl caught her attention and with a swift turn of her head her amber gaze settled on the scene unfolding. It was a small gathering of three wolves, all of whom she knew. One was her brother, Mordacai, the second was the yearling she had become somewhat close with named Titan and the third was Xetor who now had Titan's muzzle clenched between his jaws and one foreleg draped over his shoulders in a dominant display. It was his growl that her ears picked up on. What had her silver misted friend done to evoke being put in place by Tor? Better yet what part did Mordacai have in it? Had the two Ashrelle siblings not been on edge with one another still since the miserable hunting incident Enoki may have made her way over to find out, but for now anything involving Cai she wanted nothing to do with even if she did occasionally find herself missing his company. With her interest now deflated in the event her attention returned to her previous work at hand.

Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan let his ear flick at Mordacai's voice before noticing that Xetor was now headed their way. Instantly annoyed by the males attention being pinned onto him, Titan averts his gaze from the Archer then automatically lowers his head hoping that Tor was coming by to talk with Mordacai.

The pointed teeth in his snout spoke otherwise. Shit! He growled low in warning to the male who was only a year older than himself. The firm grip on his snout was something Titan couldn't shake off. As Xetor shook him rather roughly Titan lets his front leg push towards Xetor's chest to keep him from pushing him into the dirt. However Xetor quickly gets the upper paw and drapes his thin frame over Titan's neck and back. Titan whines in annoyance and defeat while tucking his tail to his belly and twisting himself sideways to show his throat to the rust and black wolf.

Titan looked indignantly towards Mordacai who was trying to defend him. His blue orbs fasten themselves on a piece of stiff grass just beyond the Ashrelle male. Then he glances downwards before snorting in acknowledgement of Xetor's wishes. Apparently Tor and he had missed an injury on somebody. He wasn't surprised with the large number of wolves there.

"Fine fine!" Titan avoids even glancing towards Xetor before scooting out form between the two older wolves and loping towards the outer edges of the group. Though Titan wasn't sure if he would be able to find any goldenrod out here when that plant usually grew in areas with more sun. He would more likely find Yarrow growing someplace out in the middle of a forest.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The bit of commotion that was stirring between one of the Ashrelle siblings, Titan and her nephew did not go unnoticed, as ears perked to a much more full attention as she kept her placement along the other two Lead females, Nina and Narime, whom all three had been friends for quite some time. It would have been expected that a need to show power and dominance here might get a little... mixed though each of the Leaders of the three allied packs were well more then enough capable of keeping their members in line. A small warning 'woof' was sent out to the group, mainly Xetor who was being rude without reason and it was the only warning Elettra was willing to offer before she would physically put them all within their placements. Having saved Nina's life once before and having been ther caretaker of Narime when she was but a Yearling within her ranks, the older woman had no doubt that her friends would back her up if need be.

A smile was then led to Nina at her thanks, and then soon came upon Narime's question. "My Nephew, Xetor. He has a way with being a bit chaotic at times amongst the pack though my sister Sorya who came along with him has a way of keeping him in check." She speaks openly to the two other woman, her eyes narrowing a moment on her nephew before scanning the rest of the area. She did not see @Sorya just yet, nor @Adele or @Nicolò . It would have been nice to introduce them all to her two allies, granted her happiness and pride that some of the Archer family had come to join her ranks from having traveled the long distance from Torbine.

After a side glance to both Nina and Narmie in excusing of herself, Elettra Archer moved along. They could join her, of course, but Elettra's attention was on getting herself something to eat. She pawed at the fish and pheasant and for a moment thought of eating a bit of the bull elk she had taken down. However, the Queen's decision was made up - she would feast on the bison. After all, it was time for the wolves of Relic Lore to fatten themselves up for the winter, more specifically this group, where the smaller foods could be saved for left overs.
(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2014, 10:09 PM by Elettra.)
Played by Namara who has 52 posts.
Inactive II. Guardian
Sorya Archer
Sorry - this is kind of rambled and disorganized

Sorya was never late but it seemed she had made an exception to her rule when she arrived to the giant hunt later than she would have liked. As soon as she arrived, she made her way over to her sister and dipped her head. "I apologize for my tardiness sister. Something at the borders... held me up for a bit." She did not list the reason for what it truthfully was: a particularly nasty coyote. She offered a smile to the others whom Elettra had been talking to before shooting a warning glance at Xetor. She had heard him hissing at someone on her way over so she went to investigate. She was always on the job with that boy. If I had known he was this much work I would have walked him back to Torbine before continuing the adventure. The irritated Guardian still toyed with the idea of returning her nephew to Deacon.

She had remembered the words particularly and so when she got over there she gave her nephew a strong glance. "Superiors also do not flaunt their rank, Xetor." The words were a pure challenge as if daring him to argue back with her. She'd fight him if she had to. "We are around our allies - hold your tongue or things will be worse when we get back to the Ridge." She warned the boy with a sympathetic glance at the other boy before walking back towards Elettra and settling down to see if Elettra wanted her around with Elettra's friends or not.

(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2014, 10:32 PM by Aesire.)

Played by TABs who has 49 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Xetor Archer

Xetor firstly hears Elettra's warning growl. After this he flattens out his fur and smooths the snarl away from his muzzle. However as he listens to Mordacai, Xetor could not suppress a hushed growl before flicking his gaze to the lower male. How dare he talk back when I was defending him Xetor allows the fiery thought to flutter about his head before answering the male with an annoyed tone. His amber gray orbs fluttered over the Ashrelle wolf keeping note on whether Mordacai's gaze ever turns to his own in defiance.

Completely ignoring Sorya's first words, Xetor begins to answer Mordacai if only to set things straight.

"Firstly, how can you let a child speak to you that way, and secondly I do need him to help me look for herbs to use on your sisters wound. Unless you would rather her get an infection. There aren't many of the kind of herbs we need out here so the more wolves looking for them the better." Xetor then allowed his gaze to roll to his aunts steely orbs. Her scary look was not appreciated by the Archer male as he raised his left brow expectantly. He heard her second round of words loud and clear but had no intention of adhering to them.

Whether Sorya saw it or not as she started walking back to Elettra Tor couldn't help but give her a wicked smile. "Oi auntie Ria I think you have a bit of fur shoved way up in that tight place of yours." Tor was just trying to egg her into starting something in front of all the others. He knew that despite her own words about being good around the allies, Sorya would surely act just as he had and dominate somebody should they act up. He was just trying to show her that what he had done to Titan was the very same. It wasn't domination entirely, but disciplining. "You don't like it when I say that right? So discipline me like I did to Titan. If you don't I might just say something worse..." He continued to egg the guardian on trying to make a point. He was right here, Tor knew it, but everyone else blamed him for things going awry. Why were things that way?

Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

Thirst slaked she was headed back to the large gathering. Her path had traced along the slow moving and graceful water till all sounds of her fellow wolves had faded. Despite the peace, she felt lonely. It was a long way from home and there were no familiar landmarks to reassure her. The pale woman turned and started back with one last lingering glance at the creek. Exploration done she found herself hungry, her sweeping steps back were long and quick.

As she reentered the scene there was a low rumble of disagreement. Her gold eyes sweep over all the wolves, making sure it had not been a Woodlands to start the quarrel. A group of dark and vaguely unfamiliar wolves were angled to each other in a telling manner. She smirked upon the discovery that they were all males. As she blatantly eavesdropped the disagreement seemed to break down into a family argument. It was now none of her business, Iopah doubted the two relatives would actually attack, let alone kill each other.

She skirted the scene they'd created, acknowledging the group of lead females with a dipped muzzle and a sway of her gray-tipped tail. The last bison she'd eaten had been old, the meaty stringy and slightly sour from it's time in the sun. The freshly dead animal was calling to her and she continued her arc in it's direction. Before last night, it had been years since she'd actually hunted a bison and just as long since she'd had fresh bison meat. She had already crossed the first off her list and now the Barberi woman had a chance to eat the meal she'd been raised on again.

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2015, 01:59 AM by Iopah.)