445 Users Online
Bing, Google

The learning curve — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
@Seraphina

Since her mother's disappearance, the snowy girl had isolated herself. Not from her family, but rather from the wolves who filled their ranks. They felt no loyalty, slinking away in the night to meet whatever fate. She expected it.. Distance was her shield, with sarcasm as her sword. She lived by those rules, and it worked. They might not have been the most practical principles for an heiress to live by, but they kept her safe. She knew she was entering on dangerous territory with this girl, and she would have to tread lightly.

"Does it work?" The Glen wolves had never done such a thing. They didn't pray to the moon, or have a pre-winter feast. Roles were given to those worthy, but without ceremony. Cella enjoyed the sentiment though. To celebrate the achievement of one's goals might instill a little more pride, therefore heightening the loyalty within their ranks. Maybe her previous pack had at least one things right.

Ew. The look of confusion, and disgust was clear in her features. "Tree sap? Why?" Although the young Argyris had never tasted it, she had eaten leaves before. Thus, she could only imagine their sap would be identical in bitterness. Why anyone would want to surprise the cubs with something so icky was beyond her, but to each their own. Positive that this fae was now either pulling her tail, or crazy, she settled in to hear the answer.

Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina shrugged in answer to the young girl's question."The Moon has never failed me or led me astray. But, She is not my servant. Just because I ask Her to do something does not mean She will do it for me. So to answer your question, no. Praying does not always work, but it gives me something to believe in and a code to live by and that can make all the difference." Phina's words were kind, but serious. She would not try to convert the Silent Moon princess to her beliefs, but it was always important to believe in something. The Moon, the Sun, your Family. Everyone in this world should have something worth fighting for, something worth dying for. Of course, someone so young might not have found her cause yet, but Seraphina was sure of her own crusade."Besides, for some of my family the festivals held no spiritual value at all. They were just an excuse to have fun." Seraphina shrugged noncommittally, it didn't bother her that her brother's and sisters didn't believe in the Moon as she did. It wouldn't bother her if Celandine never did either.

At the ivory girl's twisted grimace of disgust and confusion, Seraphina had to chuckle. She guessed that the girl had never had Maple tree sap before and wondered if this land even had Maple trees."I understand why you might be confused. Some tree sap is gross and I certainly wouldn't suggest you go around licking it if you don't know what kind of tree it is. But Maple tree sap is very sweet. Of course, it's nothing compared to good deer meat if you're hungry, but it makes for a delicious snack." Seraphina risked a glance beyond the jagged peaks of the mountainous terrain that was their home. She could see that there was a forest beyond the mountain, but had no idea if the forest held any Maple trees."Maybe one day I will go look and see if you have any Maple trees in this land and if you like, I can bring you back some of the sap." Seraphina smiled sincerely at the young girl and wondered if she had any chance of convincing her to even try the tree sap.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
@Seraphina

Praying did not work, but somehow it did? It gave Seraphina the motivation to keep going, to keep herself on the right track. Almost like a form of control but one that wolves seemed to want. "Huh." It gave her something to think about, and she promised herself that she would give it some consideration.

An excuse to have fun? Now that was something the youth could get behind. She wouldn't want her subjects getting bored. Idle paws were liable to wander, and she refused to let that happen. Magnolia Glen had seen it's fair share of 'nomads'; Liars who came with promises of loyalty, and stole away in the night. Celandine had already decided that her wolves would not be allowed to come and go as they pleased. One chance was all she could give, even to those who had proven their loyalty. She would much rather step down, than watch her pack fall apart. No, she would rule with an iron paw. Too much sympathy was saved for the weak. The princess would have to keep her heart hidden away, far out of any decisions that needed to be made when the time came. The world would be hers.

Nodding, Celandine smiled lightly. "Ok, but you have to try it first." She certainly hoped that this fae would stick around. Although she wasn't too excited about the tree sap, she felt that Seraphina could make a wonderful contribution to the plateau. She had much to offer, and a good soul to back it. Only time would tell, but for now, Cella had passed her own judgement.

Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina admired how attentive the ivory pup was and how a gleam in her amber eyes indicated that she was truly considering every word she heard. Many pups of her age might have simply reveled in the excitement of a new story, but this girl was wise beyond her years. It was too early to tell of sure, but Seraphina had a feeling that Celandine would make an excellent leader one day.

As the ivory Silent Moon princess smiled lightly at the dappled Faye princess, Seraphina knew that she had made the right decision. She wasn't one to rely on her instincts, preferring to make calculating decisions based on logic and reason, but at that moment Phina felt something stir in her heart and she just knew that this was right. This path she was on, the one that led her away from her father and to this growing pack, was a path she was meant to follow and she had hope that by the end of it she would have a new home, a new family, and a definite, respectable place in the world. With a relaxed chuckle Seraphina nodded, "I wouldn't have it any other way, princess." With Seraphina's sentiments on royalty, namely that too often titles such as King or Queen were given to those who hardly had earned them, she was surprised that the honorific had flowed from her own lips so naturally. Then again, there was something about the young girl that warranted the use of the title. Seraphina just hoped that Celandine's father proved to be a better King than her own had been.

----FADE??-----

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief