(See All?) Announcements
891 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nori, Viorel, Moonshadow, Saoirse

The Stranger — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kat who has 68 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

OOC: Sorry for the suckish post and the little powerplay. If you don't like it then let me know. :)

The sky was dark as clouds heavy with snow moved slowly. Snow fell lightly against the ground. Gosh, am I sick of all this freaking snow. thought Kauda bitterly, snapping her jaws around a few snowflakes. Frankly, it was wet and cold and Kauda hated it. It made her fur soaked and freezing, and there didn't appear to be anywhere to take shelter as she padded through the snow, laid like a blanket across the Blackberry Fields. She stuck out like black against white - probably because she literally was a small black wolf against white snow. Anyway, she moved swiftly along the fields, careful not to run into danger and curious to find prey. Unfortunately, her search for prey came unsuccessful, but trouble wasn't avoided.

As Kauda moved silently, she let a sigh emit from her sides. How boring was it to live the life of a loner. Alone. Then, suddenly she felt eyes on her. She slowed to a walk, her delicate ebony paws sinking gently into the snow as she moved. Her bright, electric blue eyes skimmed over the land around her, searching for the creature. 'Of course, you could just be paranoid, she thought to herself as her tail fell still, though it still was raised high. It wasn't to be taken as a threat, just to symbolize she wasn't submissive to anything right now. Of course, that could easily change depending on the size of the creature.

'You could be paranoid. her mind reminded her gently, and she probably was, but she was still taking cautions. The wind blew lightly, and then Kauda knew she wasn't crazy. Her nose took in the scent of a wolf. Instantly, she could tell it was a male and not apart of a pack. That made her feel better. Her shoulders relaxed slightly and the ebony she - wolf continued on through the snow.

Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

To say that he was stalking her would have been wrong. Really... he was just... watching her. She seemed to know what she was doing, where she was going. Something like that. As scared as he was of these savages, they certainly had an easier time surviving here than Kiche did. Where on earth was the food here? Kiche wanted nothing to do with hunting, which usually left him with the sparse plant life and few berries around. it was disgusting. Everything about this place was disgusting and unholy and an affront to God. It was making him sick, literally, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually sick. Or it could have been something he ate.

But this black wolf — at least she wore the true color of her soul— seemed like she was doing alright for herself. As hard as it was for Kiche, he admitted that in order to survive in this hell hole he would have to learn a thing or two from the savages. Just the thought of it made him want to retch. But he was hungry, so hungry. He didn't have to accept their pagan beliefs or strange voodoo rituals —like that strange song they all sang at night, how barbaric— but he needed to stay alive. Hell was a cruel place.

However, he did not wish to get close to her or to talk to her. Just watch from a distance, and follow her quite loudly, and perhaps obviously, through the snow. Kiche didn't wish to be seen, but he had no idea that there was any manner in which he could silence his footfalls and fade into the background. He was not a predator or a natural. He was just a furry house pet int he shape of a wolf, trapped in this awful, sickening place.

The thought, reappearing in his head once more, finally did cause him to retch. Loudly.</blockquote>

[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

Kauda walked with pride, her tail held high. She knew that someone was watching, she could smell him, and she, honestly, was trying to show off. Her slender ebony body moved with grace and elegance as she trotted along the land, waiting for the wolf to give some type of sign that he was there. If he did not, Kauda would understand, as he may not have wanted trouble. Of course, though, the male did make a noise, though it wasn't what Kauda was expecting.

From quite a few yards away, a loud retching noise sounded. Kauda stopped abruptly and tossed her dark black head over her shoulder. Her bright, electric blue eyes searched for the wolf, but he was not hard to find. She examined him from where she stood. He was big. That emphasized how Kauda looked at him. His fur, rather shaggy through her eyes, was a handsome tawny and ginger. As her eyes skimmed up to his, she noticed that his eyes were a bright orange with hidden intelligence. Well, thought Kauda. Better not start trouble. she told herself mentally, though she couldn't help but to speak a few words to the wolf. He looked confused and alone.

Kauda let herself twist around to face the wolf. Slowly, her bright eyes cautious, she took a few steps towards him. "Hello, there." she called out to him, letting a gentle smile assure him that she wasn't a threat. She hadn't yet run into this wolf in Relic Lore, and he appeared to be around her age, though he looked nearly malnourished, like her. If he was lucky, she would show him to some prey, as she needed some as well.

Her brows creased in curiosity. He had made a horrible sound a moment ago, though he didn't look sick. "Are you alright?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2011, 09:29 PM by Kauda.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul>feel free to chase after him. xD</li></ul>

When he looked up from the sickening mess he had made of the snow, his eyes snagged on the silhouette of the wolf he had been following. She was facing him now, staring into his soul with the very strangest eyes. Immediately he looked at the ground at her feet, unwilling to let her steal her soul like the last savage he had met had. No eye contact. Absolutely no eye contact, he told himself, his eyes burning into the snow. But he noticed her legs were moving. And not in the good direction, the away direction. She was walking towards him, the devil-worshiper, dark as a devil incarnate, was coming towards him. Oh, he was dead meat.

And then she spoke to him. For a moment, he was a bit surprised to hear real words. The last wolf had only gurgled at him, mumbled spells at him. However, since he wasn't looking at her face, he could not see her smile. Not that it would have helped. Smiles were just evil walls savages spoke behind, and behind those walls were always barbed intentions and malice. At any rate, he did not respond. Instead, he looked about him, looking for a place to hide. But there was nothing, only an expanse of snow. The forest was far to the south.

She was closing in on him, asking mocking questions like, "Are you alright?" That fiend! That malicious little liar. Desperate and out of options, Kiche bolted. He ran in no direction in particular, he only cared about putting more distance between him and this puny heathen. He hoped she didn't follow, and had no idea what he would do if she didn't. </blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

OOC: Well, I couldn't just end it! :)

Kauda watched him curiously, though his bright orange eyes wouldn't come to meet hers. Frowning slightly, she lowered her tail a little, showing she wasn't a threat. He was.. scared? Her words hung in the air for a moment, as the wolf, much larger than her, refused to answer. Then, as if she was some kind of monster, he turned and ran.

Of course, with his size, the male was quick, but Kauda was small and her delicate frame was built for speed over any terrain. She threw herself forward into a quick gallop, running until she caught up with the male. Her muzzle turned towards him and her eyes stared up at him with curiosity. Though they were around the same age, he was much larger than her. "What are you running from?" she asked, panting only slightly. "I won't hurt you. If anything, you could do more damage to me than me you." she assured him, seeing that her first question was useless and she knew right off that he was running from her.

Yea, I don't wanna run with you any more. thought Kauda as she moved swiftly alongside the larger male. Running was a breeze to her, as she was built to run, but she was sick of running with the male - she just wanted to speak a few words to him. Taking a huge risk - the male could easily run her over - Kauda tossed herself a few yards in front of the male, hoping it would stop him. Honestly, she didn't see why he was running. He was huge, with massive white fangs and claws. A wolf like that running from a she - wolf as small as Kauda? Not possible. Surely there was something wrong with this wolf. Maybe he was sick or had.. well, mental issues? Kauda was determined to find out.

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

Much to his horror, when he cast a glance back over his shoulder, he realized she was chasing after him. And she was gaining on him. Panicking, Kiche looked about once more for shelter, even if he knew he would find nothing. There was no escape. What kind of awful, spiteful place was this? His legs churned through the snow powerfully, but it appeared he was no match for her. It was not long before she was at his side, trying... trying to speak with him. She asked him why he was running. As if it's not obvious! She was a savage! And he, he, was one of God's children! Surely she understood that! Then again, the wolves he had met thus far seemed strangely, brutally ignorant of that fact.

Not going to hurt him. What a lie! Why was he surrounded by such evil liars? Deep in his thoughts, Kiche hardly saw her throw herself in front of him. He ran straight into her, the collision sending him flying into the air and then rolling in the snow. Not going to hurt me! Oh really! Then why was he on the ground, why had she tripped him. Kiche leaped back to his feet and tried to run away, but faltered awkwardly and collapsed in the snow. Fear began to envelope him. It was more of this devil-magic that turned his legs to putty.

Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

OOC: You think he hit hard enough to break something? She's itty bitty. Nice post. :)

As Kauda tossed herself in front of the wolf, she realized that it was a stupid idea. Remember how he wouldn't look at you? What makes you think he's going to look at you now!? her mind screamed at her, but it was too late to move herself from in front of the male. He raced at her at an amazing speed, but Kauda didn't even have time to duck. The male smashed into the front of her. Hard.

Air wooshed out of her and she couldn't breathe for a moment. From Kauda's throat came a helpless whimper as pain surged through her sides. She soared into the air, her legs sprawled out in front of her as she looked down, fear struck in her eyes. Finally, she hit the ground. Hard. The air rushed out of her slim body once more and it was all she could do but to whimper. She had landed awkwardly on her front leg - the right one to be exact - twisting it painfully beside her.

Oh, gosh, I think something's broken. she thought to herself. There was obviously something wrong with the wolf, or else he wouldn't have hurt her, and himself, so badly. The wolf was massive, and he just hit Kauda head on.. hard. Now, she was pretty sure he broke a rib or something. But, she tried not to keep herself in mind. She couldn't let the pain eat away at her thoughts and emotions just yet. It was her fault that she was laying on the ground, and she needed to check on the other.

Slowly, Kauda tried to push herself up. Pain surged through her leg and she whimpered quietly. Her eyes skimmed to where the large wolf lay. She watched him get up and try to run away, but he collapsed on the ground. "Hey, that hurt!" she called out to him, trying to add a hint of humor to her voice. What was funny about it, though? Ow was the only thing running through her head.

Kauda hesitantly took a step, but collapsed and landed on her muzzle. Grunting silently, she began to drag herself to where the other lay. Her right leg sort of just laid limply, pain running through it as she dragged herself. As Kauda neared the other, she let herself fall to the ground. "Are you okay?"

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>What was wrong with this girl? Kiche finally managed to get himself to his feet, shaking the awful, white pestilence from his bright, gingery coat. She appeared to be hurt, but she was dragging herself towards him. In spite of himself, Kiche growled at her, "You will get back, you heathen, or feel the wrath of God!" Perhaps it was the way she dragged herself and her puny, laughable size that emboldened Kiche. Now she really couldn't hurt him. Disgusting, stupid heathen child. "I'm warning you!"

However, he really didn't know how long he could hold her off it it came to that, if she kept advancing. Kiche abhorred violence, and still hated himself for how he had let the Devil take a hold of his soul and force him to fight with that monster. He prayed desperately for a lightning bolt to come out and strike the girl, so that he wouldn't have to. But he could always run.</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

As she dragged herself towards him, he spoke confusing words. 'You will get back, you heathen, or feel the wrath of God!' he snapped at her. Kauda's head snapped up in confusion. Wait a second. Heathen? Wrath of God? What was this that he spoke of? She let herself fall next to him, laying still so he would be sure that Kauda was not going to hurt him.

"What are you talking about?" she asked softly. Definitely something mental going on with this wolf. There was no way that he could go around talking about these things and be mentally stable. "I'm no.. er.. heathen and I'm not going to hurt you." she spoke gently, though the hint of curiosity of what these things were was obviously hidden in her voice. "I'm really sorry that I tripped you. I was just trying to see if you would stop. I wanted to talk to you."

Kauda let her head fall onto her paws. Her bright blue eyes were clouded with the pain surging through her leg. Most likely, it wasn't broken, but probably sprained. It was her fault though and she wasn't going to go blame it on the mentally unstable wolf.

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

What was he talking about?

Kiche nearly choked when he heard that question. But what was he supposed to expect from these dirty heathens? What did they know of God and his almighty powers? Nothing. A sneer contorted his lips, a facial expression that was both new and awkward for him. While her voice was soft and gentle, Kiche would not be fooled. She was unclean and vile and rotten, and it was just more lies that she spewed from her mouth. She was only sorry now that she was hurt, only sorry since her plan to capture him and eat him and steal his soul had gone all wrong. And as for the bull about wanting to talk to him, Kiche's sneer only deepened.

"What could I possibly have to say to a savage like you?" Seeing as she was hurt, Kiche figured that as long as he didn't look her in the eye, she would pose no threat to him. Unless she tried to put a spell on him like the other one had. How had that gone again? "Ayeee aaaahmmmmmararrsh," He'd have to remember that, just in case it was used on him again. As far as he knew about how it worked, though, he remembered only going into a blind rage afterwards. He thus concluded it was a spell to make the victims angry and fights. How obscene. Kiche glared down at the girl, disgust bubbling in his churning stomach. He felt like he was going to be sick again. And he was.

All over her face. (He appeared to be making a habit out of this.)</blockquote>