(See All?) Announcements
532 Users Online
Google, Bing

The survivalist and the marsh — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 11 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Titania Faye

Titania Faye was a survivor. It was something that she had been born with and not something for which she would ever apologize. Yeah, she had lied to her father but so what? He had made himself a victim by being so easily manipulated. And Titania was sick of dealing with all of her mother's wack job traditions. Thank your prey for giving up its life in order to feed you? Yeah right, it wasn't like it just broke its own neck and laid itself at her feet. She had to take its life. That's how the world works, Titania thought to herself, you have to take what you want. That being said, she had had an awfully hard time finding food. To be honest, she wasn't the best huntress, and was especially bad at hunting when she didn't have a partner. The young Faye had never dreamed that she would be alone for so long after she left Revelry Rapids, but she still had not found a pack that suited her. So she pressed on, half starved and with a nasty gash on her hind leg that made her walk with a slight limp. Turned out she wasn't too good at fighting off a wolverine on her own either.

Titania came to a stop as the tall cedar trees began to dwindle and the ground beneath her feet grew moist and squishy. She was approaching some kind of marsh and was loathe to drag herself through the mud. Just because she felt like crap didn't mean she had to look like it too. The wound on her leg and the ribs that were beginning to show under her matted fur were enough to make any wolf think she was a ragged mess. Titania was reluctant to add to that problem. Staring down the marsh as if it was just another enemy she had to fight off, the tea colored girl gave a heavy sigh. It was high time to find somewhere to settle down for awhile.
(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2014, 10:00 PM by Titania.)
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Note to self* this is after Kassander's leaving thread
The marsh was one of her favorite hunting grounds. Or well, it had been back before she had that nasty run in with a porcupine. Nowadays Nari had been avoiding the place. Though she avoided it for multiple reasons including, possible porcupine meetings, possible Cut Rock River wolf meetings, and the fact that the Fall season was not a good time to be hunting in the marsh. It was better hunting around Spring and Summer here than the other cooler months.

Yet the silver she wolf still found her paws taking her to the half iced wetland that had begun to dry up. However the grya wolf never figured out why she was headed there, instead she scented blood which immediately distracted the wandering alpha. Her attention now focused entirely on her prey, a wolf who was injured, as Nari stalked forward silently over the frost crusted plants. Her hunting instincts had kicked in, but Nari wasn't going to hurt the other wolf. Even if her blood lust was starting to bother her. She was just curious as to who this she wolf was.

The blue eyed Lagina spotted the other she wolf, a lanky creature with an obvious limp, and Nari felt herself heave a sigh. It would be an injured lone she wolf she ran across and not a healthy one. The gray hunter had been searching outside of her territory looking for loners to recruit for winter, but Nari wasn't sure if she wanted to spend her resources on a wolf who wouldn't be able to help out until she was back to full health again. Still... She is better than nothing... Nari thought quietly before moving forward to approach the stranger with her head and tail held confidently high.

"You look like you could use some... help."

Nari spoke suggestively while she raised a brow and looked over the small injury to the womans leg. It was something that Kassander probably would have been able to treat himself, but now they had no healer. Nari knew only of two herbs now, Lavender hyssop and hellebore, and she was fairly sure they wouldn't be able to help that kind of injury. I think Ash has a bit of medical knowledge... she thought quietly while glancing to Titania's glowing orbs.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive II. Subordinate
Titania Faye
Titania watched as a large grey wolf approached. The woman looked very elegant with varying shades of grey in her coat and striking blue eyes. Probably quite the heart breaker, Titania thought to herself, amused. Titania could also tell by the woman's confidenct posture that she must belong to a pack. Perhaps, the leader? Titania wondered if she could be so lucky. Of course she could, she was Titania Faye. She noticed the woman looking her over and wondered if the older female would turn her back and walk away. Titania certainly wouldn't blame her and would probably have done that herself had the roles been reversed. Luckily, the woman was foolish enough to offer her help. Titania wondered if the damsel in distress act would work with this woman as it had on her father. Doubting that, she decided to take a different approach.

"Well, yes I could. I know which herbs to use to treat this wound and could have it healed up rather quickly, but I don't know these lands so I haven't been able to find what I need." Titania said, subtly hinting at her skills as a healer. If she joined a pack she was loathe to be a healer. Titania hated listening to other wolves whine and moan, but if it got her into a pack she would do what she needed to. Hopefully, if she ever did find a pack to join, she could convince the leaders to allow her to work as a healer and a scout. Titania had always wanted to be a scout, a role denied to women in her pack.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Nari's brow raised as the stranger insinuated that she had education as a healer. Or at least she knew of some herbs that would help her injuries. That bit of information alone made Nari sigh as she looked over the woman. They certainly did need someone who had some medical knowledge. Especially if somebody was badly injured if a fight broke out. Nari tossed around the idea of what she had talked to Ash about, but how was she to test this woman? How could she test her when she was injured?

Cut Rock River is not far from here. The injury does not look bad enough to keep her from heading over there and then coming back over to our territory. It certainly would be a test of her loyalty, for the woman could just decide to join them if she really wanted. Nari thought quietly. She was debating on the idea of inviting the woman to her pack. There was plenty of room for her, but was she the right fit?

"I think I have a proposition for you."

Narime looked towards the River wolves cedarwood forest then back to Titania again.

"You see, my name's Narime Lagina, and I run Whisper Caverns pack which lies just south of this marsh. In that little stretch of forest between the marsh and the meadow is where my territory lies."

Narime gave the she wolf a good description of the territory hoping that she might not get lost. Nari didn't want a possible recruit becoming lost on her way home.

"We have many open positions in the pack right now, and..."

Nari pauses to glance towards Titania to see if she's listening.

"If you are the kind of woman who wants a good position, even maybe my position one day; we are willing to let in wolves who want to better themselves and the pack as a whole."

Narime settles an icy glare on Titania. Just because she said that Titania could challenge her for her position didn't mean that Nari was ready to give it up anytime soon.

"Do you have any other skills or roles you might want to try for if you were to join us?"

The last question was uttered from Nari's mouth as she twists to face the she wolf and sit before her. Though her eyes leave the womans face as Nari scans the treeline to the north. Nari was confident enough to not worry about the injured she wolf possibly attacking her.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Titania Faye
Titania listened attentively and kept her gaze focused on Narime as she described the territory where she apparently led a pack named Whisper Caverns. So she is a leader, Titania thought pleased. She was even more pleased to hear that the woman was willing to invite her into their ranks, though a part of her wanted to scowl when the gray wolf claimed that even her position would be attainable one day. Titania had to keep back an eye roll as the large grey lady fixed her with an icy stare, a clear warning that her position was not up for grabs just yet. Don't worry lady, I wouldn't take your position if you begged me to, Titania thought to herself disdainfully, though she would never say something like that aloud. She was not ready to show her true colors just yet. Still, if it ever came down to it, she would admit just how selfish she was before taking on the responsibility of a whole pack. As if she wanted several other lives (if not more!) to be in her paws, all of those wolves expecting something from her. No way, not ever.

Relieved to be asked what she wanted to do, Titania flashed a sickly sweet smile and in her most darling voice answered her would-be leader, "Well, ma'am, I don't think I'll be ready to take on a leadership role any time soon, but it would be my preference to act as a Scout, though I would be more than happy to use my abilities as a Healer to help the pack if necessary." Oh yes, playing the role of the helpless damsel in distress for her overbearing father had grown very old. This new role, the ever-so-helpful new recruit, would do just fine for a change of pace.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Either a scout or a healer... Nari muses silently after Titania gives the queen which roles she has experience with. With a soft nod of her head Nari closes her eyes to think. She wonders silently whether Titania would be a good scout or not. Or better yet, whether she was good at sneaking around without getting caught.

Most likely a member of Cut Rock River would notice the Faye woman lurking around the border. Still, it was a risk Nari was willing to take.

"There's a warm den, food, and herbs waiting for you after you prove yourself to me with a quick trip."

Narime opens her eyes and settles those blue orbs onto the forest bordering the northern edges of the marsh.

"There is a pack to the north of us in that forest. Even though my own pack was here long before theirs and has many times hunted there they have deemed the whole forest as their hunting territory and attack my wolves who go into it. I plan on fixing this problem in the future. However..."

Nari pauses while collecting her thoughts.

"All I want you to do is this... Sniff out their numbers if you can. Maybe get a good look at their territory in or around their borders. Since I'm not marking you yet they should still think you're a loner. So you won't be attacked I'm sure of it."

Nari looks back towards Titania with a serious expression clouding her usually warm features.

"You think you could do that for me?"

Narime gives the woman a sly wink and a wicked grin before sniffing the air to note the womans injury once more. It wasn't life threatening, and the short walk to Cut Rock River territory shouldn't stress it anymore than it already had been. She was sure the job was a doable one.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Titania Faye
As Narime mentioned a warm den, food and herbs, Titania's icy heart skipped a beat. That sounded like exactly what she needed at the moment, and when the Queen mentioned that Titania needed to prove herself, Titania's brown eyes instinctively narrowed. There had to be a catch, of course! As Titania followed Narime's blue eyes, she took note of the forest bordering the northern edge of the marsh. The young Faye's narrowed eyes widened in surprise and surprise was quickly replaced with an eager smile. So they're at war, Titania thought to herself, very satisfied with the turn of events. And she wants me to spy, Titania had to conceal a devilish grin but let the gleam in her eyes shine through.

"Well, my lady, stealing cannot be tolerated. I would be honored to help you teach these snakes a lesson." Titania's voice was that of an eager subordinate, ready to prove herself to the Queen and do what was necessary to protect her future home. No one would suspect the dainty, dappled Faye of her true intentions. She planned on scouting this other territory out alright, but not for this woman. No, Titania only served her own purposes. When she helped someone else, it was only a bi product of having done what was best for her. Perhaps, she would report back to Narime and tell her all of this other pack's secrets. Or perhaps she would return to Narime as a double agent. Either way, she was now in exactly the position she wanted to be in, ready to attack any piece on the board.

Bowing her sandy brown head, Titania decided to see how far she could carry this plan. "In fact, my lady, if you think it would help, I would not be afraid to allow myself to be recruited by these scoundrels so that I can learn more from them and report back to you with information more useful than just their numbers." Careful not too push her luck too far, the crafty young Faye added, "But that would be at your discretion of course." Titania wondered what kind of answer she would receive. At this point, Narime could not go wrong. Titania would not blame her for saying no and not trusting the newest recruit. But she would be very impressed with a Queen willing to do whatever it took to win, including sending in a spy. In Titania's twisted mind, the only thing more important than winning was surviving. Nothing else mattered and if this Queen understood that then maybe Titania would make a good fit in her pack.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Nari let her muzzle turn back into a stoic but thoughtful expression. She nodded in approval at Titania's eager voice. The dark woman might very well come in handy despite her injuries. Maybe... her injuries might actually help get her closer to the pack. They'll see her and assume that she's looking for a pack to join.Much like I had. Narime let her lips tighten into a tiny half smile. However as she listened on, Nari found her head automatically shaking a "no" to the dark wolf's words. The silver wolf then pauses as if rethinking the idea, then she sighs deep and long.

"If you think you can get away with that then I would allow you to do so. However I wouldn't be able to guarantee your safety... I would wish you the best of luck while you were on your mission though. Then I'de probably stay by the border worried and waiting for you to return for a few weeks..."

regular spying is risky enough, doing that would almost certainly get someone killed. Narime looked to the ground still trying to fight back the urge to outright deny the she wolf the right to prove that she could take and complete such a dangerous mission. Her thoughts clouded her judgement of the she wolf as she tried to imagine what could and might go wrong.

"In the end I suppose its up to you whether you would want to take such a risk. I would allow it if you wanted to go and be recruited by them. "

Narime glanced to Titania's trying to gauge the Faye's reaction.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Titania Faye
Titania was relieved that the grey Queen had allowed her to go on the recruitment mission. It gave her just the position she wanted over the other wolves. When Narime claimed she would sit at the border worried, Titania wanted to scoff. Yeah right, Queenie, Titania thought disbelievingly. They were strangers and Titania refused to believe that a stranger would worry about her. Still, the dappled princess couldn't ignore the sincerity that seemed to emanate from Narime. Her voice conveying the sense of awe that had washed over her at Narime's words, Titania said, "You have a heart of gold, my Queen." More like glass, Titania thought scathingly. This woman was either walking around with a broken heart or wearing a sign that begged for one. Resisting the urge to grimace, sickened by Nari's kindness, Titania settled for lowering her head and eyeing the ground.

"With your permission I take my leave. You should hear back from me within a few weeks." Titania kept her head bowed respectfully throughout her short speech. She looked up briefly at the very end to give Narime a warm, encouraging smile before turning tail and heading back the way she came. She was not going to go through the marshes if she didn't have to, so Titania decided to go around them to get to the cedar wood forest that Narime had indicated earlier. Well she had met one Leader. Now, it was time to meet the next. Could they offer her as much as Narime did? With her back finally turned and her face out of Narime's sight, Titania finally let her black lips peel back into a devilish smile as the light in her pale gold eyes danced with joy. Titania Faye had found a new game and it was already shaping up to be delightfully fun.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime stood strong and tall as Titania bowed to her. She was beginning to like the feeling of being on top, after two years of leading just for the sake of having a family and acquiring love; she only now felt the power of being on top.

"No need for the compliments dear. Do your job and you will be greatly rewarded. "

Narime smiled warmly at the compliment of having a heart of gold, because she knew that she didn't. Not since so many of her pack had lied and betrayed her. Narime answered simply before giving the woman a curt nod.

She didn't trust this woman one bit, and the only reason Nari even stopped to talk to her was for the slight chance that something good might come out of it for her remaining children. She wanted the pack to have its best chance at surviving and thriving, for @Yuka's sake.

"I'll wait by my border to mark you when you return so that our other pack mates won't attack you on accident. Once you report to me I'll make sure you get more than a good meal in you. I'll show you around the caverns and take you to the infirmary. Any herbs you need should be there upon your return. "

Narime gave Titania one last nod of farewell before turning herself and sighing. A small smile twisted onto her own lips.

She's probably a disloyal liar like the rest of them. She'll probably either stay with the River wolves and eat their food or maybe leave them and me at some point. I'll be pleasantly surprised if she returns to us and brings information on Cut Rock River. Nari mused as she walked away with a smirk on her face. At least there was a chance that she might get information out of this injured she wolf called Titania.

Slowly she begins padding back to her pack holding no faith in the Faye woman. Would Nari be surprised and acquire some trust for Titania if she returns with information? Or would she be disappointed once again by a member betraying the pack? We'll find out next time.

(exit)