(See All?) Announcements
667 Users Online
Bing, Google, Saoirse

swallowed in the sea — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 140 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
i officially hate thread titles. i feel like i've already used it, or someone has! :C
Aisling was usually the pusillanimous type. Once she made a friend, it was okay, but cross-"contaminating" friends seemed a little weird, and from what she'd heard, Kiche didn't know Aisling's friends. Usually, this mere fact would have frightened her to death. Just like how Jayse and Borden didn't know Pangur. It frightened her. If her separate groups of friends didn't like each other, what was she supposed to do? This time felt different. Kiche was a wolf, for starters, which made things much easier. And he was nice! And, to top it all off, Jayse and Borden were kind. What could possibly go wrong?

The night was already well on its way when Aisling led her new friend to Cedarwood Forest. It was much different in the dark, but she felt safe with two friends at her side. She could hear the scratching of Pangur's claws on the tree branches that stretched out above their heads, and occasionally he would hiss, and she'd look up at the dark night sky, glad to see his pale form lingering not far ahead. How could she forget Kiche too? He was so much bigger than she was...Aisling had been playing out little fantasies in her head of him fighting a bear. It was scary at first, but Kiche always won, and no matter how big the bear in her head got, he always came out the victor.

<b style="color:#388d10">"Fatman," She asked, only giving him a slight glance before looking ahead again. <b style="color:#388d10">"Have you ever fought a bear?" Her nose delicately prodded the air for signs of Grizzly Hollow. They were getting close. Even in the dark, she could recognize certain little bits of the forest. She'd made it absolutely necessary to look around the borders for things she could remember. She didn't want to forget where her home was! Even if it was dark. "Well, I won't forget. It would be easier to follow me. And that was a stupid question to ask. Look at the fool...I doubt he's ever even seen a bear." Aisling snorted at the tree tops. <b style="color:#388d10">"I'm a big girl, Pangur. You can't always be the line leader." The cat-"god" merely laughed in short hisses, and leaped down from the trees, choosing now to slink around them on the forest floor. Aisling looked over at Kiche, expectantly. She really hoped that he had seen a bear, even if the outcome wasn't like in her mind. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
    but it's still a nice song. :3 in fact, i'm going to go listen to it right now while I write xD

Every step further into this darkness made Kiche a little bit more anxious. He was, needless to say, afraid of the dark. Usually it was okay, because there would be a swath of gossamer stars; but tonight it was just darkness and clouds and demons. Whose afraid of the big bad wolf? Kiche was. Kiche was deathly afraid of these big bad wolves, who grew bigger and bigger in his mind until he could see nothing else but their sharp, yellowed, rotting teeth. He tried to calm himself by thinking of Aisling and Pangur, but for some reason it wasn't quite working. He was still desperately anxious, driven mad wondering what these heathens would be like. Truth be told, he didn't really want to be anywhere near them. But he wanted to be with Aisling, his angel, and God, and he'd rather be with God than not be with a bunch of savages. Right now, the two were all he had.

Her inclination for conversation brought him back to reality... Bear? Well, sort of. Pangur was right. Kiche, who didn't know what a bobcat was, definitely had never heard of a bear before. Or had he? It sounded almost vaguely familiar, and he wondered if perhaps he had heard it once or twice back home. Twisting his ears, he close his eyes, thinking very intently about home. Oh! An image flashed before his head of a stuffed animal. How could I be so silly! Yes, he had had a bear back home, that the humans had given him to play with. Many times he had fought with it! A particular moment, a flicker of memories of him tearing the bear's head off and triumphantly parading it around the house played in his mind, making him giggle. "Oh yes! I have, Angel. Tore it's head clean off!"

What an idiot.</blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2011, 08:20 PM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
It was now that caution filled her belly when the scent of Grizzly Hollow became strong. They were on the border now. Aisling puffed out her cheeks, and sat down, letting out little swift puffs of air. She wasn't good at this sort of thing, but she knew well enough that outsiders probably weren't welcome in the borders. Would they just have to wait until morning when Jayse and Borden would stir and wander the land? What if they didn't make it over here where they were? Oh no! Aisling would be stranded. Her eyes widened for a moment, and she tried to calm herself down. "Just howl." The gray cat laid down beside her, and rolled his eyes.

Aisling let out another anxious breath, and stared down at her friend. That sounded like a good idea...<b style="color:#388d10">"I don't wanna wake anyone up though..." The girl mused, whispering at the cat, and looked over at Kiche, who had revealed to her his actual killing of a bear. At first, all she could really do was blink. Did she have some sort of magical power? One of her fantasies had been of just that! <b style="color:#388d10">"Really?!" She finally gasped out, her whole body shuddering. <b style="color:#388d10">"I totally saw a thing in my head, and you did that! How awesome! Did you hear that, Pangur?" Even the cat seemed a little bit stunned as his friend stared down at him.

"Well, um..." No snide comment could he provide, and up he sat, and wandered over the border, leaving Aisling and Kiche in the dark. So, her bright orange eyes were cast on him again. <b style="color:#388d10">"Maybe you should howl? To get their attention." Was it wrong of her to ask him to do it? She just feared getting into trouble, but what if instead of her, he did? That wasn't fair. Making a rather pathetic, but determined face, she just shook her head, <b style="color:#388d10">"Or, we can do it together?" The small girl puffed out her chest, and her tail wagged against the dark, woody foliage. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

Patiently, Kiche waited for her to finish her discussion with Pangur, figuring it was rude to break in, especially because he only could catch half of the conversation. It was like when his masters spoke on that strange machine they called a "phone," and said weird things that seemed completely out of context and didn't really pay attention to him even if he rolled over in front of them or nosed at their hands. He couldn't even guess at what Pangur and Angel were speaking of, since he knew nothing of wolfly formalities and pack things. He would soon find himself in a world even more dizzying and sickening and strange, little did he know. As it stood now, though, his curiosity was piqued. Why couldn't she just wake them up? Who didn't she want to wake up?

Except those questions never came out of his mouth, because he was distracted by the awe in her voice. His tail beat the ground humbly from behind him, and he tilted his head, ears pinning back awkwardly. "Well, yeah, of course." He couldn't see what was so remarkable about tearing the head off of a stuffed animal, he had done it countless times, after all. "There's nothing to it, really! Could probably do it in my sleep!" No, really, he had. One day, he had awoken to find that all of his toys had been inexplicably ripped to shreds. However, the gasp, the smoke and mirrors of it all, was starting to make it go to his head. Boldly, he puffed out his chest like he had seen Aisling do before.

When she mentioned getting "their" attention, though, he visibly deflated. Vaguely, he guessed she must be talking about these other wolves, but wondered why they couldn't just go and find them themselves. And why had they stopped walking? And what was she talking about, howling? What did that mean. Awkwardly, he stammered, "H-howl? What's a howl?" Was it one of those heathen things? Fear crept into his heart once more, snuggling down as if it would be a long night.</blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2011, 09:13 PM by Kiche.)
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
OOC:assumming Jayse knows Aisling joined Borden. :)

Making a late round wasn't like her, but lack of falling to sleep in peace started the idea. It was with a little more energy drain she might be able to rest for she needed all she could get. The coming months would take their toll, and she wanted to take good care of herself. Be as fit as possible to have healthy pups. Limber legs swayed foward at a quick-trot, and her tail was stiffened straight out behind her. To better listen ears were swept backwards, and cran was bent down to the earth. There was no trace of forgein invaders, and her stroll would be brief. Darkness had cast it's black veil, and she wanted to return to the den at a decent time. The pack of youth had her apt to make sure all were safely home.

Steadily following Borden's markers, the passing silence was a relish to ease her nerves. It gave her satisfaction in doing her act as leader. However, the further ground she covered it became apparent someone else was awake in the wood. No hesitant pause, appendages picked up a swifter speed. This time gray triangle points were high upon dome skull, eyes wide with sharp alertness. She knew not who it was, and her hackles layed calmly in place. It could always be a member returning from their own strolls.

Light murmurs filtered to the ash stroked wolf, and the nightly breeze drove an array of information to her. Aisling, and a male wolf. Her nose undecieving, her interest was drawn with it's companion of concern. Posture held proudly she could not hear what they spoke of, and dodged through and around near brush. Stopped short comming upon the blond girl, and a large, coppery painted male. Duo-colored eyes swept over Aisling first out of habit to be sure she was all well. Jayse didn't doubt she was fine. So they casually drifted to the mellow looking stranger, seeing he seemed okay too. Brow was curved with silent inquires, but he rest of finely carved face was lit with a simple warmth. "Hello there,"she said with a gentle, light voice,"Who have we got here?"

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
Aisling could only stare absolutely wide-eyed at her friend. In his sleep?! He could kill a bear in his sleep?! Why did he look so embarrassed about it? That was certainly something to be proud of, at least in Aisling's opinion. She'd never be able to kill a bear, not even with Pangur on her team. But if Kiche was on her team, she could do it. Of course, that meant that she wouldn't get to do any of the work, since she found bears absolutely frightening creatures. Either way, it didn't work out for the girl in any form.

But the fact that he'd taken down a bear didn't distract her from the fact that he didn't know what howling was. For a moment, she just blinked, trying to think of a way to explain it. Maybe if she just showed him he'd understand. <b style="color:#388d10">"Well, a howl is when you tilt your head back and look right up into the sky and you go--" And the girl howled. It seemed far more mature than the girl was, matching up with her age, rather than the way that she acted. It faded off eventually, and she looked over at Kiche, smiling. <b style="color:#388d10">"Get it?"

As all of this was happening, Aisling didn't notice Jayse approaching. When she finally did, it could only be a celebration! Aisling's friend looked so kind and welcoming. Just perfect for Kiche, Aisling hoped. <b style="color:#388d10">"Hi, Jayse! This is Fa--I mean, Kiche! Pangur and I found him, and brought him here. He's really nice. He killed a bear once!" She tried to keep her voice at a hearable speed, and when she stopped, her bright gaze shot over to her large friend again, hoping he would like Jayse as much as she did. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>Waves of confusion and twitches of mild disgust rippled on her face as he watched her let out such an... ungodly sound. At least, that was the word his reality supplied from. However, Kiche's plane of reality, as had been established, rarely met up with the plane everyone else seemed to live on. More deeply disturbing than this sound, though, was the fact that Kiche could not detect anything beyond his own disgust. Pangur did not seem to care. He was silent. But he's always silent, Kiche thought, his mind going in circles, At least, to me he is. Surely, if Pangur didn't like the sound, this howling, he would have said something to Aisling? Kiche didn't know. He was deeply, profoundly upset and confused, and withdrew from Aisling slightly, hoping she wouldn't notice. When she looked back and smiled at him, he made himself return her smile, although it was weak and confused. He tried to cover it up, "I don't know if I can do—"

Blind and deaf and dumb in this world, Kiche had been relying heavily on Aisling's knowledge of savage life and the guidance of Pangur up until this point. He thought he could trust them. But suddenly, without warning, a ghostly pale savage manifested before them. She wore a gentle smile, but Kiche, still grappling with all the darkness of his murky thoughts, was wary. He didn't trust her, and immediately shot a glance to Angel, waiting to see her reaction. Even if she had already told him that these were nice wolves and that she liked them, for some reason Kiche hadn't quite believed her. But here she was now, giddy and effervescent, bubbling introductions and praise. He didn't know what to do, suddenly. He longed to know what Pangur thought, what Pangur would say to him if they could just speak with one another.

Unable to speak, for fear of upsetting Aisling or provoking this strange savage named... Jayse, Kiche merely crouched lower to the ground, hoping that the dirt would swallow him up. He was dirty, after all. So very dirty. What would it matter, to get just a bit more grime and soil on him? Crouching lower still, he emitted a low whine. How confusing it was! To be trapped here in the company of a savage! But... but, Pangur was here. Kiche needed Pangur more than anything. It was painful. </blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 20, 2011, 10:25 PM by Kiche.)
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

ooc; err don't like my post

Aisling had an overly upbeat aura to her, and Jayse held a smile listening as the girl filled her in. She gave the new fellow, this Kiche, a thoughtful look knowing he must be nice just as Aisling said. Though her jaw, and brows dropped hearing he had killed a bear. She wasn't sure about this part, and again her eyes shifted on the ginger pelt. He was very submissive creature, and appeared leerie of her. "Wow. - that's- quite- something," She replied, lost to know how to really answer to such a fact. She recollected her kind, soft face giving Aisling a grin. She was very happy too see her friend again, and to have given her a home. "Glad you and Pangur are okay. I was getting worried," she said looking over the cream girl with an affecionate gaze in her eyes. She was fond of her friend, like a sister might be. Jaysyek didn't need anyone else missing around here. But it was time to address the new wolf.

Jayse wanted him to feel welcome. Looking down on the very meek wolf who seemd rather lost. What troubled him so? He must really liked Aisling too, or needed a home, both perhaps to be like this. Mindful she stepped over to his lowered stature. "Nice to meet you Kiche. I suppose you like Aisling and Pangur as much as me to follow them home. You would like to stay, right?" She kindly spoke, trying to relate one thing they had in common, and surely find out if he was here to stay or not. She had no problem with it. Maybe she could find out more about him, right now he didn't appear of any threat to anyone.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
She was so happy to see Jayse, that it took her a moment to realize that Kiche had all but disappeared from her side. She opened her mouth to speak, before she realized that he was basically lying in the dirt. What was he doing, a big wolf like him, cowering before a wolf like Jayse? Sure, she was the leader, but...Concern glazed her eyes. But Jayse didn't seem to notice really, and Aisling kept her mouth shut, merely wiggling herself down as well to make him feel better, and scooted a bit closer to him. She didn't want him to be scared, which it seemed like he was. She'd have to talk to him about this later. Concern was replaced with hope as Jayse asked if he would be following them home. But she didn't say anything. It was clear enough that she hoped he'd say yes, simply by the way she looked over at him. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>The lies. The lies that hit his ears like bullets made him balk and quiver. Oh, sure, Jayse claimed to be woried about Aisling and Pangur... but Kiche couldn't trust her, he just couldn't. There was something about her, something vile and foreign and pagan about her. While she knew about Pangur, Kiche could tell that she was just another carbon copy savage. This wispy, devilish poltergeist was not to be trusted, no matter how beguiled Angel appeared to be. Aisling was so naive it made his heart ache with beauty, and he longed to protect her. Defensive acrimony bubbled deep within him as his ears were assaulted by the sugar-coated, silver toned equivocation of Jayse as she spoke to his Angel. Liar, liar, liar! he longed to scream, but the thought only ricocheted about his skull angrily and he could hear little else.

The tempest in his heart was, however, suddenly soothed as he felt a brush of warmth and fur beside him. His head swung over and he caught sight of the angel, the sweet dove. A rush of jumbled emotions washed over him, soaking him right to the bone. He suddenly wished very much to say something to her, to thank her, or... something, but his vocabulary had inexplicably escaped him. His mouth hung ajar as he was caught in the throes of hesitation. However, it was clamped shut abruptly when the bright devil began the assault on his ears. Her questions were well aimed arrows in the guise of sunshine and rainbows and heaven. He liked Aisling and Pangur much, much more than this... fiend could possibly understand. The love of God and the love for God was simply incomprehensible to these jaded and ruined savages. What did she know.

But she had asked if he wanted to stay.

"Yes," he responded curtly, his voice low and soft as he somehow managed to sooth out the tremble in his heart. Perhaps it was the amber eyes he could feel were trained on him. Aisling wanted him to stay, and whether she knew it or not, she needed him to stay. "I need to be with Pangur and Aisling." There were selfish reasons behind this too, of course. He needed to be close to Pangur, to be absolved, to put his feet back on the path to heaven. Without Aisling, he could never ever achieve that. He flashed a quick glance at Aisling that hinted at a smile.</blockquote>