(See All?) Announcements
735 Users Online
Bing, Baidu, Google

A Meeting of the Minds
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: I figure that we could use some 'getting to know each other' stuff since there are lots of us! :3

It had been some time since they had managed to break away from their old lives, the four of them traveling through snow covered terrain... and managed to find themselves a little slice of woodland to call their own. Since the four of them had claimed this bit of woodland, they had been joined by others..both found by their alphas.... Vlarindara had yet to meet these other wolves at length, instead having been spending her time searching for her missing brother, reinforcing their borders, moving on patrol, and hunting for the pack. The white female had decided that it was time...perhaps to meet the other two members, maybe get to know them a bit better...to stop wandering and looking for her brother. Not..that she would stop looking..but even she needed a break from the constant movements..her shoulders were beginning to bother her a little...In general they didn't bother her, but she'd fallen down a bank on one of her patrols and thought she may have strained the muscles beneath the old injury.

Vlarindara padded through the forest, winding through the trees before coming to a stop, her breath rising in the chilly air. Could she do this? Really do this.. try to meet other wolves on a more...personal level. She recognized a few of the pelts and scents in passing - and wasn't..particularly looking forward to seeing Aisling again - and her invisible cat. The wolf felt her ears slide to either side of her head in a look of exasperation. She had to stop being such a pusillanimous fool about meeting these wolves! So..she'd gotten off on the wrong foot with Aisling.. She had..at least seen Kauda once before...right? Couldn't be so bad at any rate. The white female shook herself as if dislodging the pusillanimous thoughts and resumed trotting up the small hill towards the pack den, where she guessed the other wolves would be resting.. at least one or two of them. With any luck, there wouldn't be any!

Her white pelt separated itself from the snowy surroundings as she moved closer and finally onto the land around the den. Amber eyes glanced around to take in any forms that might be about before she lowered her head and moved around the land closest to their den.. the 'living quarters' per-say. After ensuring that all was well, she moved to a somewhat clear spot near the borders of that cleared land and dropped herself slightly stiffly down onto the ground. Once she was settled, she crossed her forepaws over one another and looked around, letting the overlarge ears tell her what creatures were about.. and perhaps who might be approaching. The odd, plumed tail curled around her hind feet, rather than thumping madly about on the ground as it might if she saw Raigo.

user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

keep your feet on the ground
when your head 's
in the clouds.

She wanted Raigo to be home. She wanted spring to really show it's work. She wanted Kiche to be well, she wasn't sure. Relaxed. Happy. Chin tilted to the side, and she blinked her eyes against the blue sky pondering. Okay? Silently she thought, paws falling and rising against the damp earth. She wanted it to rain. She wanted to go swimming. The list grew in her mind, as she slowly made way back to the den. She wanted to be a mom. And she wanted to be a good one. She wanted Borden to be happy. If that wasn't enough very,mostly right now wanted to be not a good, but a great leader. The kind Ruiko had spoken of.

Sun high and bright, these things were not depressing to the gray-stroked wolf. Only something to think about as she tried to live her life to the full. They were a little tiring, andshe couldn't focus on one or the other. They were rampant in her head, shuffing together so much she had a headache. Right now she wanted nothing more than to soak up the sun, quietly rest.

A heedy pheasant in her teeth, the noll they had chosen for home eventually came into view. Nothing moved round the enclosure and it appeared undisturbed. The further her legs ambled, she saw the white shadings of another wolf. She did not have to look closer to know who it was. Vlarindara. Paw weakened, and she mistepped, but she collected herself from her mental surprise. She had no reason to be alarmed. The female held her head proudly, tail lazy wagging behind her haunches as she approached the Beta of Grizzly Hollow.

"Ehhro,"she mumbled with feathers in her teeth. Oops! She might want to speak without being inhibited, and she dropped the dead bird to the ground spitting out some fluff. "Eh hello, Vlar. Taking a well deserved rest?" Tail was higher now, but friendly cutting through the air, as she smiled upon her. Deciding she might have an oppertunity she took a seat. "Hungry by chance? " Gray brow raised, and she gazed from wolf to the dead bird inclining she wouldn't mind sharing. It was the least she could do, she knew Vlar had been hard at work these days. She deserved a free meal.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2011, 10:33 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

Vlarindara had lowered her head to her paws when none of the wolves had appeared, thinking to catch a few minutes of sleep before the pack gathered for the night. She had dozed lightly when the soft footfalls made an ear twitch in the direction, listening for more, and when they came, she lifted her head to watch the approach of the other wolf. The sunlight felt heavenly on her back, sinking into her light coat and warming the sore muscles around her shoulders. Of course, she wasn't quite as warm as a darker pelted canid might be.. but she was fine enough as it was. Realizing the approaching wolf was Jaysyek, Vlarindara shifted, her ears laying along her neck, tail curling under her legs. A soft whine of submission escaped the female when Jaysyek spat out her meal and asked the question.

It was strange.. to be a part of a pack, but not so strange that she couldn't manage. They had as of yet... had to have a formal meeting of the pack - something she had grown used to knowing was a normal thing for packs... Within those pack meetings, rank and jobs would be passed about from the choices of the alphas... Until they had such a thing, or she was told where she was to be, or what she was to do within the pack, Vlaridnara had every intention of thinking of herself as the lowest ranking member of the pack.. Besides, hadn't the few memories of her mother been attached to 'Expect the worst.. for you will always be right.. or find yourself pleasantly surprised.'? She was lucky enough to have a pack, wolves who could help her and help her provide for Raigo.. if she managed to find him..

"I thank you, Jaysyek... but you should eat it.." Vlarindara hoped that there might be little pups on the way.. Perhaps she would be lucky enough to be allowed to watch them when they made their exit from the den... A soft whine escaped the white female as she looked up at the female leader of their little band. "I.. apologize for my constant absences... but...how many strong are we? I've noticed two more females...both wolves I recognize.. but aside from that.. I regret to admit that I've been gone more often than I've been present." She was ashamed of such things.. but refused to admit her ingrained fear of meeting more wolves at once.. what if one of the pack members decided to attempt to oust her? She *WAS* injured.. though no longer ill.. and the worst injury over her shoulders was healed.. but the *Real* injury was the knowledge that she'd done wrong by Raigo.. And he'd left to parts unknown. She'd been selfish with her constant wanderings and patrols.. looking for the wayward yearling...but also avoiding the wolves of the pack for fear of exile or something of the like. Though..she'd never voice said fears.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2011, 08:08 PM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

go get a shovel
and we'll dig a deep hole
to bury the castle.

Jayse was becoming accustomed to the submission of others. She tried to remember words of advice, and understood this was her life now. She was the leader, and like she had admited to wolves before it, now it was the other way. It would never go to her head as it might another. She took it as an acknowledgement of things. It was the order in which there needed to be. There couldn't be five different wolves trying to lead. It defiated the purpose, the order which ranks made, and how things got done. Just like how in her head whether meeting or not Vlarindara was the second of the pack. There were more wolves, but Vlar had earned the spot with her loyality, work, and skills. Jaysyek didn't know Vlar didn't feel that way at all. Hopefully the future might clear it up. She wasn't thinking of it, she was thinking of the differences, and similiarites between them. Quiet frankly wasn't a huge list either way.

Ears drooped and rose at Vlar's polite declining of the meal. This was one of those times Jaysyek felt like she could inist till her face went blue. She might be a leader of Grizzly Hollow, but she was learning some things were not worth speaking about. She could already picture her poor belly stuffed full of food, and round with puppies further squishing against it. (she would least hope) Then here came the faithful Borden and Vlarindara begging her to take another bite. She struggling to get them to understand she could not. A grin flickered on her lips for a brief moment at these thoughts. It would be awhile till she knew if it would come true.

She fell onto her stomach, placing the catch in her paws. "Okay," she breathed with her falling motion. Slowly she started pulling more feathers from the carcass when high pitched sound brought her ears and eyes to gently seek back to Vlar's white face. The pale wolf listened fully understanding, and wanting all the more for Raigo to be here."No need to feel bad. I can't say I haven't wandered away, or kept to myself lately. As for numbers, well counting as of late there is six of us. I hope with warmer weather more will come." With a thoughtful smile, eyes lingered on Vlar wishing she could have some kind of peace. Jaysyek hadn't strictly stuck the woods, and she didn't think it was bad Vlar had not. Vlar if anyone had good reason after all. She couldn't help but realize she knew so little more than the bond between her and Ragio. Again she remembered she wanted that to change, she wanted to know more of the white female who called the woods home too. For a bit she concentrated on her work of pulling feathers from meat. It was almost like she couldn't eat after the effort. Tongue coaxed over her lips, and she looked up. "Vlar, is this your first pack apart from home?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2011, 06:08 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

A feeling of relief that Jaysyek didn't get angry at her refusal of the meal - besides..she'd found something for herself before returning to the den and wasn't hungry enough to need to eat. At the number of six, she almost felt her head spin.. That was.. three more wolves aside from the ones she knew on a more personal level. Her first instinct was simply to turn tail and run, but she couldn't.. she'd run enough.. Vlarindara had wondered what to say to the female..or to say nothing at all and let her eat her meal.. but the decision was made by Jaysyek's quiet question. Packs? Technically..she had had two in the past.. her birth family.. the wolves that had taken her in for a few months after she'd gotten lost.. but were they really packs to a pup, or a yearling? "As..an adult...this is my first pack..But..if you count my time before I was two.. I've had two before now." She hoped her lack of knowledge about the adult rolls and workings within the gathering wouldn't be held against her..

Her head turned towards the outskirts of their home, amber eyes watching for any wolves who might be approaching..wolves she didn't recognize. Of course.. if she didn't recognize the sixth of their number and rose to meet it aggressively... She would simply apologize at a later date. Still...without Borden around..or any other wolves within sight for that matter.. Vlarindara felt it her duty to protect the hopefully expectant pack leader... though she knew Jaysyek would be able to defend herself if she had to.. However.. watching the area around them... Vlarindara took on a quiet look.. a thought and her mind began to wander while eyes still watched for anything that didn't belong. "I lost my first family when I was a little over a year old.. then..a few weeks later.. another pack found and took me in.. I stayed with them about six months..before a snowstorm separated them from me...Then I found Raigo...and we came here."

There wasn't a sadness in her tone..that most might expect when a wolf speaks of their home pack..but to be honest, she didn't really remember either pack.. and had been sick most of the time.. so only a few things stuck out.. her mothers face and the bit of wisdom..A shadowy image of three other wolves.. siblings, she imagined.. The grizzled wolf who cared for her.. finding Raigo...Her past was bits and pieces.. things she pieced together when she was well enough to remember.. to think on her past and timeline of events.. Shadowy as they were. "What about you, Jaysyek? I..know you were at Midnight Plateu before now...but what about before that..any packs you were in?

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

it's all about the exposure
the lense
i told her.

Eyes held steadily on her companion, listening attentively to the coming answer. She took it in quietly, really not thinking oddly of it. Except for maybe how she considered this the first pack of her adulthood. "Awe, " she answered, not wanting to pry for reasons, despite how she was trying to learn more about the other white wolf. Baby steps. She told herself. There was no need to rush. Sight drifted down to the pheasant, and she contiued to further bald it, ears turned back listening to a nearby bird warn others of the foes below. Or maybe it was singing, because it's chirp sounded rather pleasant than alarmed. A moment she glanced over her shoulder looking for the winged creature, but could not see where it's perch was. A silently sigh drifted from her lips, she started ripping at the cuts of meat feeling she was failing at this conversation.

Vlar was looking away she started sharing the story behind her. Jayse' jaws closed and she softly looked to the she wolf, not staring so directly at her. Voice sounded rather straight forward about it. Jayse could only assume she didn't missed what she hadn't really known. Something like that, it sounded like Raigo and her, and being here were the strongest part of her life. And Jayse wondered if she missed that or if this life in the pack was working. Either way it was sad how many wolves here seemed to have seperated from their family at an early age. It seemed most in life parted ways, like it was another unwritten law. She had no reply, as she didn't feel there were proper words for it. She hoped her face might convey her silent sorry for Raigo not being here more than all else.

The question was turned on her, and she blinked for a second having to move her train of thoughts. Face shifted like a blank slate, she was always wanting to keep her story vauge."My siblings and I stayed in our home pack till we were almost one. We joined another pack together, but the Alpha's daughter didn't much care for me. I decided it'd be better if I left not to cause further trouble," eyes studied on the path round the den, as she shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't much. She missed her siblings, but her new life was giving her less time to think of such things. A calm, steady voice she continued, "I was by myself for awhile really, till I found this place, and Borden." Pair of eyes met Vlarindara's amber ones for a second, before she started taking nibbles from her meal. The quiet sunk in further, and Jaysyek looked around wondering where everyone else might be.

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC stuff can go here or take it out/just leave nothing between here.

"And in finding your home and Borden..you've made a home for us all." There was a definite warmth in her tone as she shifted and stretched on on her side, a smile curving on her muzzle while she watched Jaysyek quietly. "Only one of the things I thank you for..for accepting me." Vlarindara stretched, her legs turning rather stiff, toes flexing before they flopped back to the ground, though her tail thumped slowly. Of its own accord, mind you. "I think you've come quite far, if I say so myself.. From...leaving a pack because of problems to leading your own..quite well I might add." Then again, what did she know about leading a pack? Or how a pack was led? All she knew really were the pups stayed in the den to play.. occasionally got taken on hunting trips.. but mostly their world existed of the den, their litter mates and babysitters.. and meals brought to them by the adults.

"Are there going to be little ones?" The white female blinked and sat up, looking rather.. alarmed at the sudden question. Her ears lay back against her neck and she glanced down.. lifting a paw and holding it over her nose for a moment before sighing. "My apologies.. I shouldn't pry.." But.. how she wished to see some pups running about.. Ones that could be well cared for. .and enjoy their home life rather than being forced from it early... or leaving of their own accord when they were young. This pack suited wolves such as themselves.. Ones separated, left behind.. Exiled. It seemed that made the majority of them at least.. But it was good, it left an odd..kinship between them.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

she lives in the fairy tales
somewhere to far
for us to find.

Tips of ears twitched at the change of voice. Seemed nice enough, like she didn't mind the idea of the group. Made Jayse feel better, that just maybe Vlar wanted to be here after all. She wasn't sure how to take her second sentence. Only one of the things I thank you for, for accepting me.If she had a pause button she would have hit it, and rewind over and over. All the same it round her head, there was real gratitude there. A more prominant smile slipped on her own lips, she had many reasons to be thanking the white female as well. As for her next sentences, they was in the form of a compliment, and Jaysyek did find some sort of peace. Another wolf was amending her for doing this, leaving one clear future for a harder one. It was far from changing her mind she could always be better. It was very nice to hear, and the tip of her tail beat up and down. "Thanks Vlar, it's good to hear that from you." Jaysyek was far, in her head, from being a great leader. But she was trying to be the best, and live her new role as expected.

Question had Jayse a little surprised, and some-what embarrased, ears flitted back, and she had the uneasiest grin on her lips. There were flashes of memory from last night, and she had to wonder if it'd been obvious or something. This had her horrified and ashamed even though really what should she be ashamed about? But in two seconds she took a breath knowing it was breeding season as any wolf would know that, and it was kinda ta da that Borden and her were mates -who could be considering raising a family. Once she realized this she recollected a warm, soft smile. She knew there was no way Vlar was being bumptious, only realizing she would be a primary care giver."No need to appoligize Vlar. Your family to me as part of this pack, as that what it takes to raise youth. I hope there will be litte ones this spring, but to tell you the truth, right now it's too soon to say."

(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2011, 04:15 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

In response to Jaysyek's tail wagging, Vlarindaras also began to wag, thumping slightly on the ground. The comments about her being a part of the family would have made her blush, had she been able to. Instead, she simply ducked her head, a smile curving on her muzzle. "I-..." How did she go about this? Tell the alpha that she wouldn't mind watching the pups when the time came... How did she do it without sounding..bumptious about things? About her standing within the pack? There was...really no way to go about it. Not nicely. "I...would like.. to maybe watch the pups..when they're out of the den? A little while, perhaps while the rest of you are hunting?" She had ducked her head again, hiding it from view and knowing that her question...rather request might be incredebly out of line. "I..have something of a soft spot for pups...younglings. My apologies if I overstepped...."

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; would you like to wrap it up or continue?

but if it's not real
you can't hold it in your hands,
can't feel it with your heart.

The gray stroked female watched her body language carefully. She wasn't quite sure what was going on behind those amber eyes, and wished she did. She wasn't gifted as a mind reader. She wasn't surprised or alarmed by the request. She was not mocking Vlar, but a light laugh peeled from her lips, actually sorta hurt her stomach when she appoligized for her inquire. Shaking her head, her tail beat the ground a few more times. The lead female breathed in a breath stopping her laughter. Thoughtfully, eyes tried to met hers, and with an opened mouthed smile she said,"Vlar there is no one else I would trust but you to take care of my children." She was being honest. She like all the members of Grizzly Hollow, but Vlar was the only one at the moment she would leave the lives of her children in. She really was the most sane capable adult. Jaysyek wouldn't doubt that ever. Just knowing she wanted to watch possible pups made Jayse very, very happy.