(See All?) Announcements
473 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Google

beware the ides of march
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul>let's pretend this takes place tomorrow. I'm too bored to wait to write it. 15th is Kiche's birthday.</li></ul>

Unlike these heathens that surrounded him, who probably didn't give a damn how time passed, who probably lived only by the tick of the sun and the change of the seasons, Kiche was pretty sure he knew what today was. He had, after all, become fairly aware of how calenders and schedules worked, living around humans and seeing them enshrine one in almost every room, living by it. He figured it was sacred or something, but wasn't sure. At any rate, his masters had made a big deal of celebrating his birthday last year, and Kiche, knowing it was coming up very soon, had been counting down the days. He didn't need a calendar to tell him that today was he finally two years old. Except this knowledge did not give him any cause to celebrate, it only made his miserable state worse. He was desperately homesick.

What was worse, though, was that his birthday had to be here of all places. Being around Aisling made it okay, but when she was gone as she sometimes was... all those awful feelings and thoughts crept back into his head. The fact that there was only one... what had they called it? "Den," he spat, bitterly. There was only one of these den things, which apparently was for sleeping. With everyone. He had to sleep only inches away from some of the most vile creatures. He hoped whatever mental diseases they had were not contagious. No matter what Angel had said about this alleged "good" in everyone, Kiche was still a vehement skeptic. And without Aisling or Pangur around, he turned from skeptic to a distrustful, bitter, nonbeliever. Where was she, anyway? Kiche missed having Pangur around. Knowing that God was close by was such a comfort to him. He wondered why, perhaps, Pangur wouldn't stay and talk with Kiche, or show himself to him. Something. Kiche was desperate for some sort of real contact. Something cleansing.

Like right now, sitting in this den, that was so dark and dank and empty and smelly, Kiche felt terribly dirty. It was enough to make him want to throw up, again, but he wasn't sure he ought to do that in everyone's sleeping area. This was a highly concentrated population of savages. While Kiche had been able to handle one or two on his own, he would be no match for a multiple of that. Who knew what they would do. A whimper escaped his throat. I miss home.

This was nothing like his soft, cushy bed that he had back home.</blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2011, 01:36 AM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Bryony who has 140 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/straightoxic/Aisling/aischetable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #7f8d99;">
Curled up near a tree near the dens, she felt the calming presence of her friend beside her. His sides heaved as he slept, though Aisling was wide awake. Was it even time to sleep? The girl didn't feel sleepy. Her nostrils flared, taking in the musty, earthy smell of dirt and wood. How could he sleep at a time like this? She was awake. Frowning, the girl slipped past him, rising from her dusty den. Rising from the earth, she shook herself off, finding the brown not very becoming against her creamy white fur. She usually wasn't so picky about her fur, but...She felt icky with the dirt.

Once she'd throughly brushed the brown muck off of her belly, the pale girl trotted about the small area, her orange eyes taking in every detail. This was her new home, and it renewed the happiness within her every day. Aisling's ears twisted around, listening for signs of her sleeping feline friend. But nothing came to her ears. She'd let him sleep. He could explore on his own or catch up with her later. No matter what, she'd probably know when he awoke. He'd probably wonder where she went. He had no private thoughts, just like she didn't have any either.

Her nose poked around the earth, searching for another soul to communicate with. Where was Kiche? Rising up, she gazed around, sniffing the air. Mixed in with the dirt scent was the coppery male's smell. A small smile spread across her face. She wanted to know how he was doing here. She was happy! Why wouldn't he be? <b style="color:#75b0bd">"Kiche!" Aisling wagged her tail as she chased after his scent, leading to a den in the dirt. Cautiously, she bent down, poking her nose into the darkness.

<b style="color:#75b0bd">"speech."
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2011, 10:40 PM by Aisling.)
Played by Kat who has 68 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

OOC: This post of Kauda's will be when she wakes up. Hope nobody minds I throw Jaysyek in there a little bit.. :) If she's not sleeping, let me know and I'll change it.

Kauda laid silently inside the den, her sides moving steadily up and down. She was dreaming happy dreams of plump rabbits and having a cheerful dinner with her family. Suddenly, her muzzle opened a crack and a few whimpers emitted from it. Her legs moved, though her body remained still on the floor. A nightmare was beginning to play out in her mind, the same one she had when she had met the wolf - the one that helped her catch prey in silence. It was of her sister, Makita's death - or disappearance.

Her eyes fluttered open suddenly, dark lids revealing beautiful, bright blue eyes. They were wide with fear and hurt. It's just a dream, she told herself, though she knew she had lived it as a reality at only five months old. It had terrified her and to this day it still did. Sighing, Kauda looked around the den, pushing herself up into a sitting position. All around her, a few wolves were still sleeping peacefully, their sides rising and falling with peaceful sleep. A few, though, were wandering outside. Her eyes scanned for Jayse, who she quickly found sleeping not far from her. A genuine smile lit her dark features, as she had come to really like the female after their conversation in the woods. The white she - wolf had given her a home, something she appreciated beyond belief. Letting a yawn escape her muzzle, she stretched out quickly, reaching her front paws over her head and pushing herself forward to stretch her back legs. Then, she slid out of the entrance into the bright, blinding sun.

It was a very sunny day. The sun nearly blinded her, hurting her deep, blue eyes that had just moments ago came open to adjust to the light. Kauda lowered her muzzle, shielding her eyes from the blindingly bright sun. Stretching once more and running a patient tongue along a piece of sleek black fur along her shoulder, she blinked a few times. The young black female turned her head to scout the land. With nothing in sight, it would've been a perfect time to just be alone and think. But, instead, she brought her tail up and, wagging it gently, padded back inside the den to curl herself up beside Jayse.

But, something had caught her eye. A wolf, but it wasn't just any wolf. It was the wolf that had.. vomited on her in the Blackberry Fields and called her a heathen and told her to go to a strange place that her ears had never heard before. He had refused to give her his name or even say hello, but instead threw horrible insults at her. Him.

Slowly, Kauda uncurled from beside Jayse and pushed herself up into a sitting position. "You?" she murmured, barely above a whisper. Kauda didn't plan to be the one to wake all these wolves that were sleeping around her. What was he doing here? Out of all the wolves in Relic Lore, it had to be him. Maybe it was good, maybe it was bad. Kauda stared at him in shock. "What are you doing here?"

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul>bleh, couldn't have him scream with Jayse sleeping, so it'll be a short post xD</li></ul>
Things happened in a blur, too quick for Kiche to react to, it was an overload. First, he saw Aisling's ivory head poke down into the darkness, accompanied by her lovely smile. Was Pangur with her, too? But then, then — there was always a then, wasn't there? A black shape detached itself from the shadows. It was a slap in the face. It was a stab of fear. Panicking, feeling even more trapped in this den-thing than ever before, Kiche bolted out of the den, throwing himself at the mouth, even if it appeared that Aisling was blocking his way.

"Aisling!" he cried, "Aisling we have to go! Get Pangur, we have to get out of here!"</blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2011, 10:52 PM by Kiche.)
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/straightoxic/Aisling/aischetable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #7f8d99;">
After curiously investigating the pack den, a voice entered her ears, and it certainly wasn't Pangur's. Following that was Kiche's form, suddenly exploding from the darkness. Aisling jumped back, losing her balance and rolling clumsily onto her back. Get Pangur? Why? Why did they have to leave? <b style="color:#75b0bd">"But...Why?" She squealed, trying desperately to get back on her paws. When she did, she stood, absolutely terrified and wondering why Kiche was so desperate to escape.
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2011, 10:57 PM by Aisling.)
Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki

Kauda stared at the wolf, whose name she did not know, shock obvious in the way he looked at him and the way her jaw hung open. What was he doing here?! He was in her den! Her pack's den! INTRUDER! she wanted to scream. But, she didn't. There was still that itty bittle speckle of a possibility that he was apart of Grizzly Hollow (only the best pack that Kauda knew!). But, he thought that she was a heathen! Maybe he thought that they were all heathens! If that was the case, then why was he here? Instead of the whole 'intruder' deal, she was about to say 'what are you freaking doing here?'. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option. The wolf uprooted himself from the ground and, hopping over a few sleeping wolves, began to run, taking his little white friend behind him.

No way was Kauda staying inside this den while this was going on. She carefully gave Jayse's fur a quick lick (she was really starting to like the female), and then pushed herself away. Carefully, she stepped over one sleeping wolf and around another. Then, when her path was clear, she darted quickly across the floor and out the den. Outside, the sun was a blinding bright like it had been when she first came out. The wolf was with his friend, growling about someone or something named Pangur. "What are you doing here!?" she barked finally, keeping her voice low until she was far enough away from the den. She shook her head, her eyes filling with curiosity to replace the shock. "Who's Pangur? Is it another wolf?" she asked, tilting her head ever so slightly. Shock still stung at her that the wolf was here (and that he still thought she was a heathen), but she truthfully hoped he wouldn't run away.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2011, 03:41 AM by Kauda.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

As he burst out in to the sunlight, he was monetarily disorientated. He felt as if he was drowning, which way was the surface? What was up? What was out? Driven in his fear-crazed state, Kiche cared only about getting away from the demon at his heels. Had she been following him this whole time? Thrashing his head wildly about, casting glances left and right, he sought madly for an escape. He did not see Aisling topple backwards, and her questions took a few minutes to break through the ruckus in his head. Everything was so loud. His whole body was in commotion and uproar, and of course he had no idea what to do. But she wanted to know why.

"Aisling, she's chasing me! She's after me! She wants to kill me! She's a witch and a heathen and a devil and we have to get away from here! Pangur especially!" His voice was shrill, although hushed and concentrated into a very intense whisper. Abruptly, he swung around to look at Aisling getting up from the ground, wondering when that had happened. Moving towards her, he brushed his snout against hers gently, as if to sooth her. "Aisling she wants to— "

"What are you doing here?"

The question rose with a dark shadow out of the lip of the den, piercing his own words to the back of his throat like a well aimed javelin. His jaw hung open, a scream crawling up his windpipe. But it too was stopped by the terror clogging his throat. Who's Pangur? Is it another wolf? He was too afraid for the righteous anger boiling in his stomach, and ignored it completely. "Aisling!" his voice rose sharply, pleading, "Aisling please, she'll hurt him!" His firebrand eyes sought her amber ones, sparkling pathetically. "Angel." The last syllable trickled out in a half sob.</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
There was too much going on. Her eyes slid straight towards Kiche as he approached her, his voice almost painful to her ears, but she strained to hear him. Who wanted to kill him? The words got caught in her throat, and she merely looked around desperately for the suspect. A black wolf was emerging from the den, and Aisling sniffed. Was this the wolf who wanted to kill Kiche? The pale girl turned on her heels, facing the black wolf, something of a growl rising in her throat, and though it was hardly threatening, it was probably more than she'd ever mustered.

Again, she didn't have time to speak, and merely stood to defend her friend who seemed absolutely terrified. But this wolf was part of Grizzly Hollow. Why would she want to kill him? She seemed just as confused as Aisling was. Without responding to Kauda, she turned to Kiche, who looked close to passing out. This was all too much. The girl began to hyperventilate, moving closer to Kiche attempting to comfort him despite the burning that began to fill her lungs. When Kiche finally finished speaking, things seemed to slow down again, allowing Aisling to breathe. Crouching close to Kiche, she licked his muzzle rhythmically for a moment, trying to comfort him. <b style="color:#75b0bd">"No one's going to hurt Pangur. He's asleep over there..." Her eyes moved towards the tree that she'd moved away from to find that the bobcat had awoken and was now crouched in the tree. "Damn wolves." She heard him mumble.

Inactive No Rank
Kauda Kokki
OOC: Finally Frankie! <3

Kauda's bright, beautiful blue eyes widened in shock as the wolf in front of him began to lash out wildly, glancing right and left as he murmured cruel words that made Kauda's eyes cloud up and sting. What did she ever do to him!? She had tried to make friends! She had tried to be nice! The words made her cringe, they were hurtful words, but Kauda tried not to show it.

"I am most certainly not trying to kill you! Either of you!" Kauda finally shouted over the male's frantic voice and the other's soft one. The little female let a long pause accompany her eyes as she glanced to the male, then the female, then to the ground at her paws. "Who - Who's Pangur?" she asked finally, her eyes deciding to try and meet the female's rather than the male's.

Carefully and slowly, Kauda rolled back onto dark haunches and then lowered herself even more, showing to anyone who cared that she was not a threat. She didn't have the slightest bit of idea why this male had such a bad attitude towards her, but she really didn't want it to last much longer. Kauda was generally easy to get along with (if you got her good side) and hated it when people disliked her. Her eyes flickered to the male, dark triangles on the top of her head rising curiously. "Why do you hate me? What did I do to make you so angry?"

Hah. it was funny how innocent she sounded. She was a very devious black wolf, but sitting right here staring up calmly at the male who had sprained her leg weeks ago, she looked so very innocent and sweet, angelic almost. A black angel. Or demon, according to the wolf in front of her. Usually, she didn't go to innocent manner, but she was truly curious towards the male.

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>

Aisling's attempts to calm him, while sweet and well-intended, did little to hurricane of accusatory thoughts and paranoid conclusions. He clamped his eyes shut, trying to get a hold of himself as her rose-colored tongue stroked his muzzle. No one's going to hurt Pangur. Pft! He simply couldn't believe it. There were very bad people out there, godless demons, who wanted very much to hurt God. He had heard his humans talking about them, he had seen them on that box of moving pictures at his house. This black hellion before him was one in the same.

God, Aisling, you're so naive, he thought as her tongue washed over him once more. A single amber eye creaked open as he looked at her wearily. Even though he had told himself that she needed his protection, things felt very backwards, suddenly. Hell, it looked as if she was the one protecting him.. Preposterous. Angel, who was so innocent and so blissfully unaware of the world needed his protection. Some of his fear began to fade, replaced by a hesitant bravery that, if visible, would have appeared to the world as a rabbit poking his head out from its hole. Yes, I have to—

""I am most certainly not trying to kill you! Either of you!"

The rabbit went back inside of the hole. Kiche screamed, and flung himself behind Aisling. Tremors and trepidation racked his body, and in his head he heard only lunatic suspicions that shouted down any reality. It was too loud in his head to hear a single thing Kauda said. He dug his head into Angel's soft white fur, whimpering and whining and keening, unable of any other form of communication. Let her deal with the devil, he thought.

Pangur would protect the both of them, right?</blockquote>