533 Users Online
Bing, Archer, Google

Get a grip — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC Mist- 10° F/-12° C @Kova

Anthem had let his legs take them were they may and he found himself in what looked like a cherry orchard of some kind. His blue eyes looked through the mist at their twisted limbs. They appeared to be reaching out to grab the unwary to him. Of course maybe it was him being in an odd mood this hazy day. The sun hadn't shown its face at all and a little snow flakes were falling randomly as if to say. It's still winter but it's gonna be a mild day today.

The dark male snorted he was feeling rather twitchy. So when something in the woods snapped a branch, Anthem jumped a little, his head jerking in the direction of the sound. He snarled at himself in open frustration. He needed to calm down and get a grip. What was it about today that had him spinning at the slightest sound? He scanned the area a glower on his face. Usually he would just pass through this area and be done with it but his paws remained planted.

He needed a good romp the dark male decided. A little friendly spar should get him out of this strange mood of his. Now all he needed was a partner. It wasn't as fun to fight your own shadow. Walking forward a shadow in the mist he began his search. There had to be someone in the area or in the next area that was beyond it. He would find someone either way. Then all he had to do was convince them to a spar with him.

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by TABs who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
Feel free to attack him first
He was venturing around the forest he had not yet visited. The young wolf had seen these woods a number of times now. Though the closest he had come to the orchard had been when he had skirted this place to visit Ghastly Woods. Now, Kova had finally decided to check out the nicer looking forest and see if there was anything interesting about it.

The silver youth wandered for hours just checking out the oddly shaped trees as well as digging through the frost to old fruits that had once been peppered throughout the orchards sparse canopy. There wasn't much different in this forest compared to the ghastly one or the cedarwood forest. The only differences were the kinds of trees and maybe a few of the animals living there. Kova wondered if there was more to this place than what he was seeing, but as things were he was getting rather bored of the place.

Mist began to rise cloaking the area with a low hanging fog. The gray toned landscape helped to conceal Kova's silvery coat as he slipped through the misty terrain. A scent had caught his attention, and the ever curious boy had decided to go and investigate it.

It was Anthem's lone scent that had the young Lagina's attention, and because Kova was horribly bored; he planned on trying to amuse himself with the stranger.

Soon the boy was approaching the older male. Kova kept his steps light so as to sneak up on the wolf, though the experienced male probably already knew he was there. Then Kova kicks a stone in the strangers direction hoping for it to hit the loner. Quickly he slips into the mists before giggling wickedly to himself.

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Dec 09, 2014, 10:50 PM by Kova.)
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Do you want to use the dice for this?

He was being followed. Anthem ears twisted to follow the sounds of the crunching of snow and the faint breathing that he could hear. It seemed that he didn't need to find an opponent one had found him instead. His legs paused as he wondered if he should call the other out of hiding. Shrugging he was about to speak when something hit him on the side. The dark male growled in anger as he saw that it was a rock that had hit him. Lifting his head he gazed into the mist hoping to spot the attacker. He looked back down at the rock and with a snarl he took off after the wolf that was to cowardly to face him head on.

He knew that he was getting closer as the scent of other wolf increased. It was a pack wolf no less and this irritated the lager wolf even more. What were the packs doing now? Saying that animosity with those they hadn't met before was okay? His legs slowed as he got closer seeing as he didn't want to scare his unknowing prey. No he didn't want that at all. Go off the trail he moved forward on silent paws head low as he stalked forward. His ears pricked. Was that giggling he heard? Anthem bared his fangs in annoyance he would show the other what was funny.

Moving himself into position he took a brief second to orientate himself to the other's amusement. Then he lunged forward his legs propelling him forward. He came like a shadow from the mist his jaws open and blue eye gleaming with anger. He intended to take the other by the scruff and give them a good shake.

I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
Just so you know dice rolls are here-> http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=8454

I asked for yours first so I could gauge how to reply with Kova. It's the way I like doing my fight/scuffle posts. Kova's "hit" with the dice is going to be shown here by his dominance stance and gestures and not by an actual attack.

Kova had made the inexperienced mistake of letting his target know where he was with his giggling. The boy had thought that he could get away without a problem, but the sounds of paw steps behind him startle the child. He begins to lope forward without watching where he was going while Kova's wicked grin is quickly replaced with a worried look. However the stranger had already targeted the gangling Downs pup. Suddenly the males form appeared through the fog.

"It was just a joke!!"

Kova yelps as he tries to turn away form the males toothy end but Anthem's teeth grip the side of his scruff. It wasn't enough to injure the boy, but plenty of force was there to frighten him. Especially when the male attempted to shake Kova about. The dark wolf got one good shake in as Kova whines and snarls with fright. The silver wolf yanks himself loose from the adult before turning to fully face the stranger.

Lifting his head and tail but keeping his ears pinned to the sides of the child's silver crown, Kova faces the male unsure of what to do with himself. His body was thrumming with energy now, brought on by the darker wolf's previous grip on his scruff. His instinct was in that fight or flight mode. However, Kova was too shocked to flee; so instead he stayed. The prince brought forth the memory of his father teaching him how to show others how strong he was. Dad said to raise myself, to show them that I am healthy and powerful. He thinks while flicking his tail higher so that its long fine silver fur drapes over his back. His lips turn upwards revealing long sharp young white teeth while the boy plants himself square in front of the adult. He gives the male a warning snapping at the air threateningly while trying to look bigger than he really was.

Kova had grown into a tall adult frame by 6 months of age, but he was far from being fully developed. Still, he had enough experience hunting and fishing to prove a challenge for his opponent.

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

The feel of fur and flesh is rewarding to Anthem as he takes hold and gives the other wolf a good shake. Maybe it would teach the other not to pick random fights with other because as far as he was concerned the rock had started this. The whines and snarls fill his ears and his grip is lost as the younger wolf pulls away. For the first time large male sees his opponent, a younger silver wolf unsure of himself that quickly pulls himself together with his tail high and his small fangs bared. Anthem had to admit he was held a shred of respect for the pup, challenging and facing an adult wolf rather than turning tail. It didn't change the fact that Anthem was ticked though.

Snarling the dark male glared at the young silver wolf. What could he have been thinking attacking a stranger and then thinking that it would be okay. What if Anthem had been a messenger from another pack? What then? Say oops sorry didn't mean to annoy the potential allies of a his pack? cold words spilling through bared fangs. And if you're joke had left me blinded in one eye? Or maybe if I had been a messenger from another pack? The questions rang through the air sharp and clear.

He didn't wait for the young wolf to respond as he let out a deep growl. Would you have given me blood for blood? He asked as he began to circle the other with his head at spine level and tail lashing in annoyance behind him. He was completely focused on the young wolf's silvery form. His blue eyes narrowed and then the large male was moving towards the young wolf once again. His target was the front left leg's shoulder. A place he hoped if he hit would slow the other one down some. His jaws parted wider in anticipation of the bite he would deliver to the silver male. Though he was angry enough to attack he didn't want the boy's pack to come after him. So no matter how much he wanted to hurt the boy he would refrain and only try to bruise him hard.

(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2014, 05:35 AM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
Kova was getting angrier by the second. The other male obviously wasn't going to take a joke, and the child couldn't understand why the guy was so angry about the pebble hitting him when it hadn't injured him. The silver prince kept his head high as a low growl echoed from his lips. He gave only a short nod at the older man after he gives Kova his own question.

"A stupid little rock wouldn't blind you dumby! It-"

The shadow pelted man didn't give Kova much time to answer the question. Instead he slunk sideways catching The Downs wolf's full attention. Kova's fur bristles angrily as the male circles him. The boys whole body on alert while the two wolves stared down at each other. He didn't have time to be yammering his mouth. So instead he opted for silence in order to better concentrate.

Then Anthem sprang forward. Kova couldn't dodge any of the hit this time because of his close proximity to the darker wolf. The man grabs his shoulder with a firm grip causing Kova to slip sideways. The gray boy swings his silver crown to the left attempting to grab at the older males scruff just behind his left ear to pull him off. The Lagina male also attempts to swing his right leg over Anthem's back in case his teeth missed their target. If anything Kova was going to push this guy beneath him to teach him a lesson.

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

The words that the other wolf uttered made Anthem a little maddier but also somewhat sad. His younger brother had been blinded by a 'stupid little rock' that Anthem himself had tossed. His attention was draggeed back to the fight as the silvery stranger went and grabbed his scruff. Then to top it off he went and tried to put a leg up on top of him. Though there was no doudt that the smaller wold was focused there was something he couldn't change. The larger male was just that larger and he shifted so that he was better balanced so that he could take the weight of the younger wolf. This put Anthem in position to do a couple of things but he decided that the best one would to be to get this little spat over with as fast as he could.

He was aware that though the kid had tossed the rock that Anthem was the one to actually start the fight. A growl rolled up his throat mimicking the sound of thunder just as his coat mimicked the stormy clouds. Letting go of his hold on the kid's shoulder he opted to go for the throat that was so close to his muzzle. It would hurt him some, seeing that the young wolf's fangs were in his scruff and the motion would pull hair out and depending on how strong the grip of his opponent was it could make him bleed. As he went with the motion he also stepped forward trying to see if he could get the other off balance. He was on three legs after all.

I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
@Anthem Just so you know I would not be unhappy if Kova somehow got a split in his ear from this fight. :)

Kova was indeed off balance, and as the fight ensued he quickly realized that he was not in a good position. Unfortunately he could not move fast enough and gather his balance before his opponent began to twist.

In a rather surprising bit of luck perhaps, Kova staggers sideways losing his balance. What was lucky about it was that the males jaws just barely scrape past Kova's throat causing a sharp whine to utter past his muzzle. The boy's confidence was shaken once more as the male now firmly gripped the side of his neck instead of his throat. The urge to submit then and there was strong as fear filtered in through the adrenaline. Kova's dark blue eyes were wide and panicked as he tried to yank himself away.

Throughout all this time his mind was racing, though not necessarily with thoughts. Feelings, images, and emotions wreaked as much havoc through his packed head as did the thoughts. Dad.. Someone.. Why haven't they come to help me yet! He yanked again against the males hold only to feel pain as fur pulled and Anthem's teeth held.

They're not here, they're not here, they're not coming! Shaking now in fright,the boys instincts flicked back to fight mode since he couldn't wrench himself away from the male. Turning to counter, the silver boy snarled threateningly before aiming his jaws towards the man's front leg. Aiming low meant that Anthem would be in a prime position to push him down, but only if he didn't cause the man some injury first.

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2015, 08:04 PM by Kova.)
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC I'll get Anthem to leave it as a parting gift to have @Kova remember this 'lesson'

Anthem felt more than saw his opponent lose his balance. He was beginning to get the upper hand. But once he had it what was he going to do? His frustration and anger at the kid was burning itself out as he continued to focus on the fight at hand. He didn't just want to let the kid go though without learning his lesson. His fangs slipped past their mark and found purchase in the side of the boy's throat. The scent of his opponents fear wafted into his nostrils and the sound of the silvery wolf's whine lifted to Anthem's pinned ears. Keeping a firm grip as his opponent tugged in desperation to get away the stormy male wondered if he should just let him go. The fear would remain with him even after the fight was done and over.

Before Anthem could decide what to do the boy jerked again and then moved forward jaws parted. A growl echoed past the his jaws as Anthem felt the fangs of the other tear into his leg. Warmth began to spread downward and the scent of blood filled the air. The stormy male jerked with his head to press the other's neck to the ground. He wanted to pin the boy there in hopes that he would calm down some from the fear that was emanating off him in waves. He hoped the motion would loosen the grip of his opponent and make him let go but if he didn't Anthem would have blood for blood.

I am the Anthem we sing,