(See All?) Announcements
331 Users Online
Google, Bing, Eclypse, Riven

I'd Lie Like An Animal — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 21 posts.
Inactive
Oregano Flint
Freezing fog — 0° F/-18° C - Early evening, about 7:30 pm, light starting to fade. West side of Dragonfly Fen, near the base of Riddle Heights. Anyone is welcome to join! :)

The early evening of the day had quickly become freezing with a thick fog, so quick that the Psychopathic Flirt hadn't had enough time to find a warm and dry place to stay. Instead he had stumbled into a muddy, watery marshland with sickly looking pine trees packed so tightly together he often had to turn around and find another way through. Snarling angrily to himself for getting into such a situation, he reared up on his hind legs and swiped a clawed paw against the rough bark of a nearby pine tree, leaving deep, bleeding gouges behind for all who passed by to see. Glaring at the tree he had marked like it was the cause of everything, he huffed before moving on, wincing as he was forced to wade through the freezing cold murky water. Who knew what it could be filled with, apart from any stray fish.

The trek through Dragonfly Fen had been arduous and long, but at long last he made it to the edge where the ground was harder and not surrounded by deep puddles of water, as well as a much needed thinning of the pine trees. The day had gotten darker, the light quickly starting to fade as night neared. The fog had also become thicker and denser to the point he could only see a couple of wolf lengths in any direction around him. Well, he could see find if he looked directly up, but that wasn't the point. Now content to just stroll easily and without any hindrance, the Psychopathic Flirt moved forward at an easy trot, goldenrod eyes lazily flicking left and right as if just absently looking around for the sake of it, but he was also scanning for any signs of life. Well, that he could see in this thick fog.

While he had been padding in the general direction of the mountain ahead, which he would soon come to know as Riddle Heights, he had been humming a soft tune that betrayed the calmness he was feeling at that moment. Breaking into a song, one that was sung in an eerie tone and sounded almost like a lullaby to be sung to children, with hints of teasing and playfulness as well as a creepy undertone, Aspen continued contentedly on his way.

"It’s raining. It’s pouring. My family is boring. I’m laughing. I’m crying. My family is dying."

401 Words

Played by Becca who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Bérengère Dunn
The dark yearling had taken his leave from the West side of the lore and moved himself over the mountains, down the mountains, and into the East side of the lore. The travel had taken a few days but he was happy he had done it. The Dunn male was now free to explore the new parts of these vast lands he had never seen before. But now it seemed that he had to start in the marshlands of this place. It was bit strange but he would take it. In fact, he had no choice but to take it. Beren had to get through this place to get to the next.

Wandering aimlessly he heard the voice of another. "It’s raining. It’s pouring. My family is boring. I’m laughing. I’m crying. My family is dying." Now what type of sick demented creature would sing such a horrid song? Beren tensed his muscles and prowled forward. He had to hold back a growl that was ready to burst from his chest. Prowling around he came from the left side of the creature that had been singing and humming that ungodly tune. Watching him with ease he was curious as to where the male would go. Was he one his way somewhere? Was the older male apart of a pack? Taking in a long deep scent he didn't find the scent of a pack. Only the robust dirty smell of a lone wolf. The same scent he would carry himself.

Perhaps this older male was going to or over the mountain. Hopefully this would be a quick passing and neither would have to say a word to each other. As the Dunn yearling was not too interested in a wolf who sung of crying and death.

So What Do I Do When Every Day
Still Seems To Start And End With You

Played by AshBash who has 156 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hexamora Beauvau

She had to get away from her den location at least for a week or so. It didn't feel safe anymore to the Beauvau woman now that the mangy pack wolf had discovered her humble abode and made plans of revealing her location to his leaders. Why didn't she take him out when she had the chance? It would have spared her the trouble of having to evacuate the area for the time being until things smoothed out. Easily she could have disposed of the body, but now the ivory woman found herself traversing through a marshy section of the deep forest filled with too many pine trees bunched together that lay adjacent to the mosses where she traveled from on top of the fact that the days light was fading with the approaching night. And of course her travel partner, the skull from a John Doe wolf's corpse she stumbled upon back in the sacred grove was clenched between the pearly whites of her teeth. Hexamora never went anywhere without it and surely she wasn't going to leave her precious back at the den for someone to pickpocket.

Splash! Splash! was the only sound that could be heard as her once white paws crossed the array of shallow puddles, caking them with an unappealing layer of mud. There was no use keeping her appearance up when she was forced to navigate such a nasty area. 'I hope there's solid ground soon.' The woman whined mentally as her paws took another step into frigid water, sending a chill down the length of her spine. But her childish whimpers for things she could not have were pushed aside as an uncertain sound, or tune to be more exact graced the furry lining of her ears. Stopping briefly she allowed her ears to swivel with the sound of the...singing? "It’s raining. It’s pouring. My family is boring. I’m laughing. I’m crying. My family is dying." The eerie tune was just audible enough to be heard by her ears and the words caused a dark smirk to find its way to her black lips. Now this song was catchy and she was intrigued to know who dared sing such a beautiful melody.

All previous intentions were cast aside as new plans were made to find this mystery singer, the tune now being hummed silently in the confines of her mind while her paws trudged through the murky marshland and attempted to avoid colliding with the banded pine trees. The thick, freezing fog did little to help her cause and instead hampered her efforts as tiny icicles began to collect on the tips of her hairs, gradually adding weight to her still gaunt frame. "Screw you, mother nature." She cursed under her breath until finally a moving form could be seen within a few wolf lengths ahead. Had she finally found the mystery singer?

Inactive
Oregano Flint
Thanks for joining @Beren and @Hexamora! <3 :D

The Psychopathic Flirt sung his little song through four times before he resorted to just humming the tune beneath his breath without a care in the world. He had nothing to fear, nothing could hurt him without his permission, and he was free to do whatever he liked, which was just about anything. If a wolf pissed him off? He'd tear them apart slowly and painfully. Did someone find him interesting? They would see just how interesting he could be. Was a wolf hiding something from him? He'd be their own personal nightmare until they gave it up. Nothing was secret to him, he could find anything out through any means; pretending to be a friend, torture, whatever it took. "I own secrecy," Aspen murmured with conviction in his voice. There was nothing he couldn't do.

Pausing when his ears picked up the mumbled curse of another, his goldenrod eyes scanned the area around him, locking onto the form of a black, tan and grey wolf who was prowling to the left side of him. Male, and not the one who had spoken, but one who was stalking him, for whatever reason. So that meant there was another wolf nearby. Turning his head around to glance over his shoulder, Aspen picked up the form of an off white female carrying a wolf skull in her jaws. Brows raising curiously at the sight, he briefly turned back to the male hiding in the shadows.

"Stalking someone isn't very nice, you know." He said in a low tone, eyes narrowing slightly to show his displeasure at being followed. But just as soon as he finished speaking the Psychopathic Flirt gained a teasing glint to his eyes as he smirked and spoke in a high pitched singsong voice. "You'd do well to remember that for future references!" Looking back over his shoulder once more, he bared his teeth in a flirtatious smile at the off white female, curious as to why and how she had come to carry the wolf skull around. "Come closer," he crooned softly, his tone of voice suggesting an invite for her to join in on the fun. "I won't bite... hard."

363 Words

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Becca who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Bérengère Dunn
Another figure entered the area. A female this time. She was of good size and pale colored in her pelt. Although Beren didn't have much time to admire her looks until the other male shot out a comment to him. ""Stalking someone isn't very nice, you know." A bit nervous, since the other golden toned male was larger, Beren made up for an excuse to get out of this one. "Me?" He paused in between his words trying to collect his thoughts. "Me, uh yeah, me." He chuckled nervously through his teeth hoping that this would all blow over. "I, uh, wasn't stalking you. Oh no, I would never do such a thing." It was a lie. A awfully horrible lie to be honest.

His mind scattered looking for the closest thing to an excuse that he could use. Then it struck him. "I wasn't stalking at all! I was in fact stopping to make sure I had all my toes. You know, making sure something in these marsh lands didn't get one." Lifting up on paw he looked down at it for a moment. "Oh! Would ya look at that! All five of my toes are here." He smiled wide yet nervous. His eyes never left his paw the whole time. "See. One, two, three, four, five!" Shaking his leg lightly he placed it back down quickly taking a small step forward.

"As much as I'd love to hang around and chat with my new company for a bit I really must be going." Smiling nervous Beren looked around at the two strangers as if waiting for them to dismiss him from this oh so horrible meeting.

So What Do I Do When Every Day
Still Seems To Start And End With You

Inactive Deceased
Hexamora Beauvau

So it appeared there was more than one wolf in the area as the moving form soon became clear enough to reveal a golden toned man on one side and just off to his left was another form much darker in comparison, but a quick whiff of the air revealed him to a male and a loner a well. It was like another little party, but this time Hex would be the center of attention. I mean she was the only female present and a little selfish attention never hurt anyone and the ivory woman could use the distraction. Besides, the golden one had made it clear he was not interested all in what the swarthy man had to say and instead settled his attention to her, inviting her to step out from the shadows and muck.

Unable to answer due to the fact that there was a wolf skull lodged between her jaws and no way was she going to set that thing down getting it all yucky with mud, she let her actions speaks for her. One by one her paws were released from the muddy puddles as her body moved forward towards his crooning words. A smirk would have appeared on her lips at his playful mention of biting again had there not been a skull in her mouth. To her surprise once the distance was closed to a reasonable amount there was a hardening of the ground beneath her paws and boy was it a welcomed sensation. No more chilled water to freeze her toes off. Speaking of which she could hear the darker colored man babbling on about how he had stopped to make sure he had all of his, the sound of his counting going vaguely unnoticed.

Now on solid ground the ivory woman felt comfortable enough to lower her head to place her precious skull at her filthy paws, tucking the piece of bone protectively beneath the majority of her small frame before meeting the golden one's gaze. "What if I like when someone bites hard?" Hex spoke with a playful tone to her voice, the smirk that threatened to appear earlier now making its presence known.

Inactive
Oregano Flint
@Beren and @Hexamora... I think I got a bit carried away xD

Goldenrod eyes landed on the cowering, nervous wreck of a wolf that hurriedly made up pitiful excuses as to why he 'wasn't' actually stalking him. Baring his teeth in a silent snarl, Aspen stared at the other smaller, younger and darker male as he attempted to swing a lie by him, even knowing that it wouldn't work but trying nevertheless. Aspen raised his brows meticulously as the darker male as he scrabbled almost frantically for an excuse as to why he hadn't actually been stalking him, but instead had supposedly been making sure he still had all five of his toes.

Ears twitching, threatening to fold back against his head, the Psychopathic Flirt took his unblinking gaze from the other male - ignoring him as he began to nervously count all his toes, failing to look brave and instead looking like a blubbering idiot - and switched it to the off white female whom had come closer like he had wanted her to. Now that she was out of the murky marshland, Aspen could see that she was much smaller than he had previously thought, her head only reaching up to his chin, but that didn't change his opinion of her. Words and actions spoke louder than appearance, and after all, the most audacious criminals were often the ones with the best disguises.

One golden ear flicked back as the darker male nervously stated that he surmised it was time for him to leave, but he focused his attention mainly on the off white female in front of him. Watching silently and curiously as she lowered her head to place the skull gently on the ground by her paws before meeting his gaze firmly, he curled his lips back in a pleased yet slightly insane grin. Yes, she certainly was special, the perfect distraction for his boredom of the world. They would get along very well, indeed. Lowering his head a few inches so he was looking at her on the same level, Aspen purred softly, a low rumbling resonance emitting from his chest. "Maybe I should show you just how hard I'll bite," he said lowly, eyes glinting with a psychopathic gleam that most wolves took as a warning to back off quickly and never come back.

Quickly spinning on his heels, Aspen stared almost hungrily at the darker male, the psychopathic gleam still in his eyes and sporting the same insane grin as before. "No," he said softly, cocking his head to the left as he stalked forward a few steps, closing the distance slightly between them. "You should stay, I insist." He glanced down briefly at the darker males paws. "Are you sure you have all five of your toes, hmm?" Aspen snapped his jaws together menacingly with a sharp 'snap'. "How about I check for you?" Darting forwards, he aimed to grab the darker males paw in his mouth and bite down with crushing force. Who knew what damage he'd do?

495 Words

Inactive Deceased
Hexamora Beauvau
Well then Hex..haha

"Maybe I should show you just how hard I'll bite," the words were spoken lowly as a glint of something she could not place crossed over his pupils and for some reason drew the woman in more. There was something different about this man and she was intrigued to find out just what that was. Risking her precious skull's safety, Hexamora allowed her body to withdraw from its side in order to slowly pad closer to this strange man as a faint smirk began to tug at the corner of her lips. Her voice took on a seductive tone that was airy and angelic once the distance was all but closed between them. "I'd be careful, though. I like to bite back." The smirk that graced her lips only grew wider while her much smaller frame now found its self beneath his chin, letting the tips of her fur brush tantalizingly against his chest as she snapped her jaws with a loud click before slipping from beneath him, the tip of her tail tickling the underside of his jaws much in the way a cat rubs up against one's leg. He was a flirt, that much was obvious to the ivory woman, but she knew how to play along. Besides, it took two to tango.

That was until the dark coated man once more robbed the spot light with his insistence that he should depart now that he had all of his toes accounted for, causing the flirtatious man to focus on him. Without hesitation the golden eyes man darted forward towards the other with intentions of gripping his paws. Was a fight about to break out between the two men? Now this would be an entertaining scene to watch unfold she thought as her haunches rolled back into a sitting position on a less filthy portion of dry area, her bi-colored eyes gleaming with anticipation with how things would go from here. There was nothing more entertaining than watching two wolves go at it, especially when there was a chance for blood to be spilled. So silently she watched all the while wishing she had a rabbit or two to gnaw on while watching the events escalate.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Adventure is Out There!

Look out! A blizzard is coming your way!

The sky has been cloudy all day, the temperature has been dropping quickly, and now the winds are beginning to pick up. What began as just a few harmless snow flurries is quickly turning into an all-out blizzard. Quick! Seek out a safe shelter to ride out the storm. Be careful, though! Visibility is very low and it will be easy to get lost.