282 Users Online
Bing

Where to go from here — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nicole who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jess
@Charcoal

"Today is just not our day, huh?" Jess just let out a disheartened huff in response to Charcoal's observation, it was true, they were both wet and cold and in no hope of getting warm or even finding some food. "We shouldn't be too far from the lagoon. There are dry patches there where we should be safe and sheltered from this fog." The only response Jess could give Charcoal was a disbelieving look and an unenthusiastic chuckle, she would believe it when she saw it and so far, dry land seemed like a dream. "Come on. It's not that far a walk."

She looked up as he began to trot off and gingerly stood up and slowly began to follow him, unwilling at first to move her body, for as she walked, the cold wind made her feel even colder, she simply wanted to curl up in a ball to preserve what warmth her body had left. However, as Charcoals figure got further and further from her, she was motivated to continue forward, hope flaring in her chest as green sprouts of grass began to show up, quickly catching up to Charcoal as he stopped at a patch of grass. Jess smelled the air, but could smell nothing but Charcoal and the earthy smell of the lagoon and the marsh, but it had just dawned upon her that there might be other packs around here and that they might be intruding,

"So, have you been around here for a while?"

She asked him curiously, hoping to distract herself from becoming cold again.

"Have you seen any signs of others? Maybe a pack?"

She asked surveying the land before landing her eyes on him as she waited for a response.
Played by Pepsi who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Charcoal Berne
I have two rules: First, I'm never wrong.
Second, if I'm wrong ... go back to the first rule

Charcoal stood when Jess approached, lifting his shoulders in a slight shrug. "I've only been here once." He explained. "Though it was for a short time, the only others I encountered was a flock of geese. Plus, if there was a pack around we would've smelled their scent markers." His lips curled back and he tilted his head to the side in a sort of smile.

"Shall we move on?" He asked, flicking the snow off his paws. The fog didn't appear to be letting up anytime soon, it was safer for the pair to just keep moving, no matter how cold they were. He turned, glancing over his shoulder, before heading off again. It was faint at first, but as he got closer he could hear the obnoxious honk of a goose and the ripple of the lake as it took off.

Charcoal increased his pace, his tail shooting up from its previous position where it had limply between his legs. He practically bounded through the grass, leaping straight through a thick clump of reeds. What alerted him was the sharp warning honk of the goose. Blinking, Charcoal let out a sharp yelp, slamming his paws into the ground before he skidded right into the lake.

He teetered at the edge of the lake, clumps of dirt and grass falling beneath his paws. He quickly wheeled back and plopped himself down next to the clump of reed, head held high as he waited for Jess. "Told ya." He woofed casually.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Dec 22, 2014, 08:15 PM by Charcoal.)

Inactive No Rank
Jess
Sorry for the late reply, Christmas had me distracted!
"I've only been here once, though it was for a short time, the only others I encountered was a flock of geese. Plus, if there was a pack around we would've smelled their scent markers." Jess nodded, though she felt a pang of disappointment at the fact that there werent others around, at least I found charcoal, she thought to herself, glad that she had company at least. A strange noise made her jerk her head up, those much be those geese Charcoal mentioned, she thought, though she couldnt picture what the animal looked like for she had never seen one and the thought of what an animal that emmitted such an annoying noise made she chuckle. "Shall we move on?" Jess nodded at him and began to continue after him hesitantly at first due to her cold muscles, then fast as she noticed him begin to increase his pace. He continued to speed up so Jess kept up easily, though she frowned as his tail shot up, wondering where they were heading in such a rush,

"Where are w-"

Charcoal's sudden stop caused her to run into him rather hard, adding to his yelp. "Told ya." He said as he watched the 'geese' fly off,

"Yeah, well you couldda told me you were stopping,"

she said with a sassy tone looking at him sharply. She shook out her fur and looked back up at the birds flying off and sighed,

"It would have been nice to catch one of them though,"

She said longingly as she realized how hungry she had become, it had been a while since she had eaten last.
Inactive No Rank
Charcoal Berne

Thankfully the added momentum of Jess bumping into him wasn't enough to send them both into the lagoon, though the fog appeared to have lifted and the sun was glinting brilliantly off the water. He offered a slight bounce of his shoulders in response to Jess' statement, looking out over the lake with narrowed eyes. "Maybe we can..." He murmured, intently watching the flock of geese as they landed off to the side, not to far away. "Follow my lead." He barked, standing up and making his way over to the geese, keeping fairly low to the ground. With clear skies, it wouldn't be too much trouble to catch a few geese by surprise, though Charcoal still shuddered at the thought of getting wet.

He hid himself in a patch of reeds close to the lagoon and simply watched the geese. He was waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike, an opportunity that presented itself when a soft breeze carried one of the geese away from the rest of it's flock. "Okay,"He whispered under his breath. "We only have once shot at these, if we mess up, that's it. Those geese won't come back for a while. Here's the plan:" Without taking his eyes off the geese, he began to explain what they needed to do. "I'm going to move off to the side and enter the water as quietly as possible. I need you to stay right here, ready to pounce on the goose when it gets close. Go for the neck and try not to drown." With that, he backed out of the reeds - and like a thief in the night - slipped into the water a few feet away, in an attempt to herd the goose closer to shore.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Jess
Sorry for such a long wait!
"Maybe we can... Follow my lead." Jess smiled slyly,

"Yessir,"

She said sarcastically, though she said it playfully with no intentions of being rude.

"Okay, we only have once shot at these, if we mess up, that's it. Those geese won't come back for a while. Here's the plan: I'm going to move off to the side and enter the water as quietly as possible. I need you to stay right here, ready to pounce on the goose when it gets close. Go for the neck and try not to drown."

She watched him speak for a moment then turned her gaze on the geese, watching them through slit, focused eyes, taking slow breaths as she calmed herself, readying for the hunt. Try not to drown... Hah! She lowered herself into the reeds, her glazs eyes intense with focus, not a single muscle moving as she waited for Charcoal's ambush. Her ears flicked back as Charcoal slunk away ever so smoothly, excitement starting to flow into her paws, as she awaited her moment.
Inactive No Rank
Charcoal Berne

Charcoal's head bobbed up and down on the water's surface as he steadily padded closer to the goose. The water fowl didn't seem to notice him as it casually drifted on the small waves rippling through the lagoon. His breath turned to fog in front of his nose, coming out in short puffs. He tried to ignore the heaviness of his limbs as he paddled closer toward the goose, his paws weighted down by his fur. They would have to catch this thing quickly. He lurched forward, closing the gap between him and the goose just as the startled goose noticed him and flapped it wings, inching closer to the ambush.

He spat silently as his head disappeared under the waves created by the goose's wings, snapping blindly at the feathers on its tail and along the underside of its wings before it had the chance to take off. His gaze darted to clump of reeds, shaking his dark fur from his eyes. Suddenly he let out a sharp yelp. Apparently one of the flock had noticed the wolf and just so happened to be brave enough to rip a patch of fur from the tip of his tail.

"Why you little- ACK." He growled, whipping his head around right as the goose dived bombed him, shoving his head under the water. Flailing helplessly, his snout erupted from the surface long enough to choke out: "The goose- get the goose!" before snapping at the other goose, his teeth snapping shut on its tail, and dragging the bird under the water with him.

"Speech"