(See All?) Announcements
502 Users Online
Bing, Google

de quoi est-ce que tu as peur — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 142 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>because "what are you afraid of" sounds better in french than it does in english. :P also, derp, this is bad.</li></ul>
Even if it had been Spring for some time, it was only now that the temperatures were beginning to rise to something more... hospitable. Or at least, that was the only word Ozera could find when she wracked her brain. Personally, she was still holding out for those priceless, balmy degrees. To her, it wasn't truly spring until all the snow was gone, and at the moment, there were still patches and clumps of it littered about the Swift River den site. She dipped her ebony nose into a patch at her feet, pushing it about. "Oh why won't you just leave. You're overstaying your welcome." She giggled at her own wit and pranced away, deeper into the forest.

But within the forest, the shadows crept up into her heart, driving her towards desperate loneliness. It had been awhile since she had seen her friends, or had met anyone else in Swift River. Triell had mentioned that other wolf, Corinna, and Ozera had seen her several times since. But it had been only in passing, and they had never shared more than a hello. And then there were the other wolves to account for, whose names' Ozera didn't even know. It was ironic, thinking she had joined Swift River to be surrounded by others, to be a part of this family... but.... where were they? Tentatively, she raised her voice in a low howl, calling for someone, anyone. </blockquote>

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Life was speeding forward at the speed of sound, and the days were flying faster than Corinna could take count of them. It had been a week or so since Indru and she had scaled the mountain, and her life had changed rather drastically. While before she had been the female lead of Swift River out of her own dominance and being the only eligible female now she was also his mate, even more secure in her position. With any luck, their new relationship would benefit the pack as well, and anxiously Corinna glanced down at her stomach, wandering if perhaps life was beginning to grow there. She didn't know yet, but she imagined that she soon would. If there was not, there was a good possibility that she would eschew Indru out of shame, and she didn't want that.

Ears perking, the she-wolf lifted her head from her paws where she had been resting as the voice of the only other adult female in Swift River took hold the airwaves. Forcing herself to her paws, she shook herself and set off in the direction of the origin of the howl. It didn't take long, she wasn't far from the pack den. From there, it was a short distance to find Ozera. Coming into view, the leader wagged her tail in a greeting before it lifted. It wasn't natural yet, but as she became accustomed to her position, it would be. "Hello, Ozera," Cori cooed, moving towards the other female. They had seen each other, but had not ever gotten to know each other well. "Are you feeling better?"

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>forgive the lameness. :c trying to restore my ability to write something that isn't a history essay.</li></ul>

Only minutes ticked by before the empty void of dappled forest shadows were filled with the shape of a wolf, Corinna, to be exact. Ozera's amber eyes followed the swish of Corinna's tail carefully, noting the way the other female raised it almost as an afterthought. It made the older wolf feel uncomfortable, momentarily, as she was suddenly unsure of where she stood with Corinna, who wore her rank like loose fitting skin. Clearly, she was lower on the totem pole, but things just felt... well. Weird. What was Ozera supposed to do? What customary nicety would be too much or too little? These thoughts wracked her brain as the pale wolf drew closer to her, greeting her in a gentle tongue and inquiring after her health.

Quickly, Ozera dipped her head, her tail waving about behind her, though close to her body. "Oh, I feel fine now," she said allowing herself to laugh. It released a little of the tension. "I healed up pretty nicely, although I must say it was boring to just sit around the den all day." Now her face creased in a smile, and she cast a swift glance up at her leader, realizing suddenly how she desperately wanted to make friends with her. For the most part, the only wolves she knew were males like Indru, Triell, and Ruiko. She had no female friends to speak of, and the fact sort of saddened her. </blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Things between the two females was...interesting. Truth be told, it was their first real interaction with each other since each had joined the pack, Cori barely before Ozera. In a normal situation, it was not lost on Corinna that they would have been rivals. Both had joined just before breeding season, and while Ozera was older than Cori, she was not decrepit by any means of the imagination. For all she knew, if the coin had been flipped and fallen on a different side, she would be the one licking Ozera's chin and lowering her tail. But as it was, fate had brought them together in their current situation, and Cori was going to make the best of it. She needed a friend, an ally in the pack, especially since there was the chance that she was pregnant. As far as she knew, Ozera was the only other adult female in the pack, and her attempts to win the favor of Indru's young sister, Borlla, had not gone over well.

Chuckling, Cori let her tail fall back into a neutral position, a smile gracing her black lips. "I don't imagine that would be very fun," she concurred, pausing for a moment to reflect on her own potential stay in isolation in the den. "I apologize for not visiting, I should have stopped by," she lamented, her voice genuinely upset and guilt ridden. She should have, plain and simple. "But I'm glad to know that you're doing alright now. I can't even imagine. I'm terrified of heights, you see. It was a miracle that Indru got me to go near the mountain at all." Gray shoulders shrugged in a non-chalant way, but her face displayed just how nerve-racking it had been for her.

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>going to say this takes place after the pack meeting? oh, and, weee, 100th post. :3</span></li></ul>Ozera was profoundly touched by Corinna's regret of never stopping by. Quite frankly, she had never really minded that she hadn't gotten many visitors, seeing Triell on occasion was usually enough. However, it was a beautiful sentiment. "<b>Don't worry about it,</b>" she soothed, reclining as she spoke. Her backside hit the ground with a soft thump that punctuated her words. "<b>Triell kept me company. Shared some of that beaver you helped him catch with me.</b>" That had been, of course, the first time Corinna's name had even come up, although Ozera had been living in Swift River for some time at that point. She smiled wistfully, recalling that she had assumed Corinna to be one of the many Tainns. Well... <i>now</i> she was, more or less.

Terrified of heights. Those three words penetrated her runaway thoughts in an almost painful way. For nearly two months now she had been trying desperately to forget whatever she thought she remembered happening to her. The nightmares had become less and less frequent and less and less vivid as time wore on, but those three words brought frightening images to her mind. "<b>H-heights?</b>" she spluttered clumsily, half choking. "<b>What do you mean?</b>" Ozera had never truly come to terms with what had happened to her, and had never actually concluded that she had fallen, nor why.

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2011, 04:17 AM by Ozera.)
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

The young leader felt relief wash over her as Ozera accepted her apology, shrugging it off as if it had not been noticed. It felt good to be forgiven, but Cori was well aware of the fact that she had messed up, and she made it a point to try and remedy that in the future. Hopefully their being able to talk now would be helpful in the task of making it up to the older she-wolf. At her mention of Triell, Cori's tail instinctively waved back and forth. She had become quite fond of the ebony male, Indru's youngest brother. Their hunting practice had been enjoyable to them both, and she was glad to know that Triell had not wasted the kill that they had worked so hard to make. They were pack wolves, it was expected that they would share what they could with others within the pack, especially those who were less able to hunt for themselves, like Ozera had been at the time. "That's wonderful of him. He's learning, that's for sure," she commented, her face beaming. She had often wondered how the constant movement and instability had affected the youngest of the Tainns, but if he was coming along fine, then she was not going to press the matter.

What happened next, was...interesting. Her mention of the mountain seemed have left repercussions, and immediately the alpha female scolded herself for being so careless. Ozera practically chocked on her words, and the atmosphere at once changed from one of ease to one of tenterhooks. "I'm sorry, I should have thought..." she spat out hastily, cheeks flush with her embarrassment. "I just, I never learned to deal with heights, and the mountain is so much higher than everything else around it..." Well, duh, Corinna, that's what made it a mountain.

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>derp. I don't know, Ozera's being weird. just go with it. xD</li></ul></span>
It was hard to pay attention. In front of her, it was hard to tell if she saw a wolf, or if she saw the a towering mountain, or the ground hurtling towards her. Did she heard a voice, or was that the wind rushing past her ears? Were her feet planted firmly on the ground? Her grip on reality had been lost, and she whirled about fearfully in her mind, flailing, try to grab a hold of something real, something that wasn't dark and tenebrous and just a frightening, dusty memory. Her breath came rapidly, although it felt like she couldn't breath. Her leg hurt, and her chest hurt, and she felt as if she was being battered by thousands of rocks, ramming into hard faces and falling again and again.

The old wolf rocked back and forth, shaking her head and losing her balance. She was not the wolf she used to be, and she had not the strength to stand or the willpower to fight the tempest in her head. The world fell out from beneath her and she collapsed with a heap on the ground, out cold.
</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

She just couldn't do anything right, could she?

The alpha female jumped to her feet in concern as she watched as the elder wolf begin to topple over. Face creased with concern, she could only watch helplessly as Ozera fell over to the ground. Cori's inability to keep her mouth shut had just killed her pack mate. Fuck. Jumping forward, the bark was out of Corinna's mouth before she could stop it. Barks soon turned into whines, and she pressed her nose in the loose fur of Ozera's neck, comforted only slightly by the fact that the female's chest was still moving. So she wasn't dead, just...not responding. Black nose continued to poke the second, whines growing in pitch as Ozera continued to be unresponsive. Throwing her head back, shrill soprano voice filled the skies, calling desperately for help. She didn't know what to do, this was entirely beyond her area of expertise. "Wake up, dammit!"

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>all off my posts are really short :c i just want to move this along.</li></ul></span>
Ozera was only out for a short while. Maybe five minutes ticked by, but who could be sure? Gradually, Ozera came to. Hot tongues of embarrassment washed over her her eyes flickered open to see Corinna standing above her. She didn't remember being here, on the ground. What had happened? "<b>Oh hi,</b>" she quipped meekly, her smile faint. "<b>Sorry.</b>" Although she had little knowledge of what she was apologizing for. <i>Why does she look so worried?</i> she wondered, adding yet another question the the jumble that danced at the forefront of her addled mind. "<b>Something wrong?</b>"
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2011, 07:25 PM by Ozera.)
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Minutes raced by, and it felt like hours. But eventually there was movement in the older female's body, and Cori's green eyes latched onto it greedily, willing the other to wake up. Her whines had ceased, and when she had called out no one had answered, so she had resorted to walking in circles around Ozera, anxiety building. Her heart leaped for joy when she first sighted the movement, but quite quickly she realized that something was not right. Ozera seemed to have no knowledge at all of what had just happened. Oh goodness, Indru was going to kill her - she had killed their loyal second. "Yes. You just..." how was the best way to phrase it? "You just collapsed, fainted. I thought you had died." The worlds spilled out, not exactly eloquent. "Are you alright, Ozera?"