(See All?) Announcements
506 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

superman-in-training — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Endlessly indebted to Triell for his patience and aide, Kinis couldn't help but feel a fresh wave of joy that they had been reunited. It had been a long, long time, and, no doubt, they had both grown into better wolves since they were children. Though they were technically far from adulthood, Kinis couldn't help but see a budding grown-up in Triell. He felt proud and jealous at the same time, but right now, he was just thankful.

His brother's soft whines effectively conveyed Triell's genuine and undeniable concern. Kinis would only grow to appreciate that more as he aged, for his ceaseless self-consciousness would have pricked him harder had he believed his rescuer to be mocking him at all. As it stood, Triell was exactly what he had needed. With only a little effort, Kinis hauled himself onto his feet. <b>"I bet you didn't need someone to pull your butt out, though,"</b> Kinis grumbled, though he soon smiled and affectionately bumped noses with his brother. Shaking some of the water from his dripping pelt, he took a few deep, calming breaths and only glanced back at the water once. He was nervous, but didn't want to have his fear control him. Triell, after all, had more than proven his capabilities; Kinis had no real reason to be afraid any more.

<b>"How'd you say to do it, again?"</b></blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
He wished Kinis would return to Swift River, right then. He missed having growing up with him. Doing things all together like they should have. He'd never had broke in on the subject, assuming Kinis was more attached to Ruiko, and with Borlla her usual self he didn't blame him for not skipping back to the grove. She had not grown up, grasp what real maturity was. Triell couldn't feel like they were both missing out on something. He kept these things in his mind, trying to remember this was better than nothing. Right now he'd enjoy the moment, and worry about the rest later. With Ruiko there were no goodbyes, it was just won't see ya all the times.

Significantly he watched carefully hoping his mishap wasn't putting a damper on his spirits. If he knew one thing like how Borlla was easy to anger, he knew Kinis could take things much to hard on himself. He seemed alright, though it was clear he wasn't very happy about the small defeat. Triell shrugged his large shoulders, "True, but um no one was exactly there to pull me out," he said a little ashamed for the fact. He still grinned, looking over his shoulder for a second in the awkward moment. Niija had inisted he keep out of the water, or wait for Indru. The pup couldn't help but be attracted to it. It was only pure instinct like Kinis had had, maybe the fact it was a small pond he had went in, that Triell had not drowned.

Assured by his returning touch, his tail wagged slowly, and he stood curious to his brother's thoughts. He got his gaze to the water and Triell blinked wondering if he was really thinking of getting back in there. He asked for further instruction, and Triell couldn't deny giving it to him. "You move one side of your body, and then the other. It's weird, but it works for me. See like this," he moved both his left legs foward, and next both of his right on dry land. A few strides he paused looking back, wondering if by thismaybe Kinis might understand what he meant.

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2011, 03:41 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Somehow, Kinis couldn't quite believe that Triell had struggled to learn; in his mind, he envisaged his brother overcoming all hurdles with little trouble. Was he just hard on himself? Probably, but seeing Triell behave slightly awkwardly did, at least, make Kinis realise that perhaps he should ease up on the self-criticism. It was quite possible that everybody struggled... he wasn't that unusual.

Still, as Triell had admitted, there had been nobody to pull him out. So, by default, his worst attempts had been more successful than Kinis'. Ah, it felt cruelly relieving to put things in perspective like that.

The situation was brought to happier terms as Triell explained swimming again. Now with a clear head, and nothing to distract him, Kinis vowed to listen carefully and take on board the advice... but when his brother started to walk as if he had thorns in his paws, his seriousness crumbled into thinly contained giggles. <b>"Oh, right, I get it,"</b> he smirked, copying Triell's bizarre right-left motion but with great exaggeration, <b>"walk like there's a stick up your butt. Why didn't I see that from the beginning? It makes so much sense."</b> Having stopped alongside Triell, Kinis laughed as he playfully shoved his shoulder into his brother's.

Assuming that it actually worked, however, he never moved to truly question it. If walking like a fool was good practise for swimming, then he would look like an idiot for several days to come. <b>"How'd you figure that out, then? Did Indru teach you, or this your own method?"</b> Walking 'Triell-style' into the very shallow areas of the pool, he 'practised' as he splashed about in the water. It was really a lot less scary when it was only touching your paws.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell grinned knowing how ridiculus he looked, but it worked. He just did it faster, and with bent limbs in the water. Yes, maybe praticeing it in a not life threatning situation might be better for the moment. He could show Kinis what he meant, which was easier than telling. Everyone interperated things differently.

An amused chuckle burst out at Kinis' comment. "Pretty much, ..I guess," he chuckled a little more, returning a shove to Kinis. He'd never thought of it that way, but he'd never did it outside the water to realize that's what it looked like. He stopped for a minute, wetting his nose with his tongue. He paused for a time more, thinking of his answer. "I just realized when I had to swim, you know to keep my head up, that's what I was doing. Now I don't even think about it." Watching Kinis move was definately entertaining, Triell understood where he'd got the expression. Unlike Kinis he didn't enter the water, he shook out his coat and walked to the edge. Watching Kinis pratice his strokes. If he was going to go in all the way Triell would follow, but he wanted to conserve energy. And sitting was nice.
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2011, 03:40 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Didn't think about it, huh? Through all the overwhelming panic he had been experiencing, Kinis could remember Triell telling him to stop trying so hard, stop overthinking it. Just <i>act</i>. This wasn't something that necessarily required brain over brawn, or even the other way around; it was a matter of instincts, of knowing how to move without worry or concern.

Whilst Kinis may have made good-natured fun of Triell's technique, he fully appreciated that it was meant for the water, not for land. The laughter was just one way of calming himself down.

Coming to a stop, Kinis relaxed, letting his body stand naturally and not in the stiff, awkward manner that the 'special walking' required. His tongue falling from his mouth as he panted softly, his eyes roamed the deceptively calm surface of the water, and he wondered if he had the courage to try again. He did feel safer, and he trusted Triell implicitly. Besides, he was a better prepared this time.

Turning to his brother, Kinis paused, taking a moment to appreciate how much Triell was doing for him without any need to ask it of him. Again, he lamented their relatively sparse time together; he may not have felt so indebted if they had spent a lifetime helping and strengthening each other. Perhaps returning to Swift River was a good idea...? No, no, that was an impulsive thought and he had to give himself more time. <b>"Tri..."</b> he called, the nervousness creeping into his voice despite active efforts to prevent it, <b>"do you think I should give it another go, or wait a bit? One near-death experience a day is enough for me, but you're the expert."</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Swimming could be like breathing. If he thought about breathing this natural action he would stall it. Soon it'd feel weird taking in air than pushing it out to the point he could imagine his lungs hurt. Triell believed anyone could swim, just like they could breath. It wasn't possible to suffocate by holding a breath, the body did it's best to instill life. If you were going to drown, survival instincts rushed in. Truthfully those could be lead to death to. The trick to life was to keep a natural balance, trusting yourself, and if worse came to worst you'd logicly think about what you were doing. He swallowed the stale salivia collecting in his cheeks. He hadn't expected to be inquired for advice. He figured Kinis would either want to or he wouldn't. And he would only support either decision, but, Kinis wasn't sure and Triell had to think of the best answer.

"Well Kinis I don't think it'd hurt to try one more time. If you get back in there and your unsure we can try again another day." Black tail brushed across the ground, and he smiled rather proud of his grownup answer. Also hoping to reassure his brother. He didn't think Kinis would drown. The idea was if he didn't feel safe he'd get out before he had the chance to go under again. That would be the idea any way. Triell would be right there, ready to grab him. Standing up, mouth opened in full relaxation he stepped into the water. "Ready?" He asked, standing beside the tawny wolf.

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2011, 03:39 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>All he had needed was to hear Triell's support. Not quite bearing the courage to make his own decision, Kinis was more than happy to go along with his brother's recommendation. If a second try was on the cards, then so be it.

Enormously comforted as Triell came to stand beside him, Kinis smiled contentedly and gave his sibling's nose a quick lick. Tail wagging slowly behind him - he was excited, for now, now he felt like he could <i>do it</i> - he began to step towards the centre of the pool, nerves tingling as the water quickly reached higher and higher up his legs. To ease any trepidation, he took a few seconds to practise the 'swimming walk', which cheered him up and put him in good spirits.

Unlike last time, he didn't feel the need to just plunge in. This time, he took the depth as it came, until, suddenly, his front paws could no longer touch the pebbly ground whilst not straining his neck. Taking a few deep breaths, he retreated just one step, now at the boundary between safety and the unknown.

Could he do it? Was he capable?

Triell's mere presence answered 'yes' and 'yes'.

The water lapped gently at his chest, his fur gently flowing this way and that with the ripples caused by the waterfall, and he thought it wasn't so bad. Resolving himself, ears high and eyes hard with determination, he pushed his body forwards, not reaching for the pool's bottom but letting his front legs remain suspended in the water, moving endlessly, as if he was running in slow motion. It was a cheat, for his hind legs were still planted on the ground, but it did absolute wonders for his confidence; realising that Triell's strange walk actually made a lot of sense, now that he thought about it, Kinis worked to keep his head above water without panicking. Repeating key pieces of his brother's advice like they were a mantra - <i>don't think; smooth, not stiff; stop trying too hard</i> - actually helped to take his mind distracted from what his legs were actually doing, and, as such, instinct was finally allowed to take over without his life needing to be in peril. It was only a few moments after he had been keeping his shoulder afloat that he felt an urge to move forwards, and carefully 'stepped' forwards with his hind legs, leaving the safety of solid ground for the world of water.

Small thrills of panic and concern ran up and down his spine as the recent memories flashed in his mind, but Kinis fought very hard to ignore them. He refused to give in again. It was not a simple matter to get his shoulders and hips in sync, but it helped that his front legs already had a rhythm. Once more, he recognised the merits of Triell's walk - <i>you move one side of your body and then the other</i> - and though it was far from confident or skilful, Kinis suddenly realised he was really treading water with minimal fear. Little gasps of instinctual worry were unable to be helped, but there was significant improvement. He didn't really know how to turn around or move forward with any great speed, and his eyes kept closing for fear of being splashed, but his ears swivelled about to try and locate his brother. He partly wanted the moral support, but also Triell's feedback; he was being Mr Miyagi to Kinis' Daniel, after all.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell stood like a confident if just maybe this small notion might be something catching for Kinis. He knew how much Kinis was putting his faith, his trust into him and perhaps that's why he stood proudly. If he were afraid or doubtful that would be like the last tick to a wave of I can't dominoes. His own tail stroked the air behind him, bright eyes upon his brother. He didn't want to push him into this, Kinis was better prepared. Triell was in close pursuit as the tawny wolf went to the deeper deptsh of water. He was here. He wasn't going to let any harm come upon him.

The water came up to his hocks, and he watched in silence while Kinis prepped himself for what was next. In his head Triell was cheering him on. You can do this, you can do this! But he thought it would be to much to actually call it out. Put to much pressure on his brother or distract him.

Though he had yet to go in open water his strokes were ten times better than what they'd been. Triell grinned with silent pride. When the moment came he to walked further till the water marked his chest. First Kinis pushed from the steady bank, and the black lad swam a short distance behind him. His tail swayed against the water, and he let out a joyful bark. His jaws wide open in a happy smile. Kinis was a bit hesitant, and it showed. He had come so far already, Triell wanted to keep his condfidence up. "Good job," he spoke slowly drifting along side of his littermate. "Do you feel how the water holds your weight? Don't fight it, let it help you. That's what I mean by relax. Dead wolves float for a reason," He flashed a grinned, not trying to be morbid but making a point. Wolves that struggled against the water were taken faster, once the water overpowered them they could not fight no more.

Gliding along he tried best to keep in time, but not to close to throw Kinis' strokes off. "So, you ready to make a lap?" He asked, tliting his snout to the side. He meant a brief circle round the pool. Maybe Kinis would be done for the day.

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Truths poured again and again from Triell's mouth, and Kinis found himself again realising just how well his brother knew this art. It did feel as if it held him there, and as he slowly relaxed, his movements becoming more steady, he wondered at how he had slipped under at all. With calm, controlled actions such as this, it was actually harder to sink than it was to float. The comment about dead wolves flared up some worry in the pit of his stomach, but it soon subsided as he realised the dry humour intended behind it. Dead weight, ha. Very much determined not to become dead weight, Kinis nevertheless appreciated the comment, and consciously calmed his actions even more. How did it make sense for swimming to get easier the less thought you put into it? It faintly boggled him.

After a moment of consideration, Kinis gave a sharp nod at Triell's suggestion. He still wasn't entirely sure how to move forwards - it was just plenty to be able to tread water here, thank you very much - but, since he had already succeeded so much, he figured that he had nothing to lose. He wasn't going to become dead weight, so there was nothing to fear.

With a few uncertain, jerky movements, he tried to push himself forwards in the water, and succeeded to a point. The careful equilibrium that he had created was momentarily broken, and he suddenly remembered why it was so easy to sink, but then it became like riding a bicycle; he evened out and it abruptly became difficult to <i>stop</i>, but at least his movements were steady again. He wasn't going to win any medals, but at least he was moving, and it took comparatively little effort to be able to direct himself.

Face full of concentration - though he was trying hard not to concentrate too much, oh dilemma! - he began to paddle slowly around the lake, following its natural curve.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The cold water was nice, and was starting to make him feel rather lazy. Maybe it was warmer now. He flashed a smile at his brother who was seeming to get better at the second, while he too treaded the water. It was nice not thinking 'bout what he was doing. The water swirled round, and he did best to keep Kinis in his sight without hovering. He was thoughtful to keep the same distance if another rescue was in order, but Triell was begining to doubt it would come. Thick limbs cut threw the liquid as he followed his brother. Another time he might race or make a playful splash his way. For now Kinis only needed to worry about keeping his head up, to keep swimming.

Bright eyes flashed to the shoreline where he had helped Ozera out of the pool. He faintly smiled, wishing she was here to least watch the brothers. That would have been a change for her. Head curved round to see Kinis steadily paddling. Again Triell was tempted to ask Kinis to come back to Swift River, at least temporarly. Indru would like to know he was alright, and Triell would like him to meet Ozera, and Corinna. Kinis would like them too, or the black lad thought so. He struggled with his own delima. He didn't want to make Kinis feel like he had to come back or stay. But didn't he miss Indru a little?

The male swallowed, and swam a little faster to reach his brother. "Your doing great! It's fun huh,"the boy grinned. He was having fun, and it showed on his dark face. Slowly his grin faded and he looked at Kinis with serious eyes. "You ever think about visiting Swift River?" He treaded in place, a soft look about the way he stared at his brother.