(See All?) Announcements
562 Users Online
Bing, Viorel

Intoxication, paranoia, and a lot of fame — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine was surprised to find herself satisfied with his answer. If he didn't know, then well, she had no need to delve any deeper into it. That side of the 'family' was hardly a concern for her. The point stood that they were related; The 'how' was not a concern. "It's possible." If he wanted to ask, then that was on him. Maybe the relationship he and his father had was less.. touchy than her own.

"Your welcome." The princess hoped for his sake, that the woman did come back. He seemed nice, so maybe with a little time, Darrah would be able to forgive her. Maybe the woman hadn't been gone as long as her own mother had. She might even have a good excuse. That was all it would be though. A sad attempt at bridging the bond they might have shared. A justification to herself so that she could sleep at night knowing she may have missed so many firsts. Ah, the wonders of projection.

'Did your.. mom.. leave too?' She felt the bitterness swell in her stomach, the blood burning through her veins. She didn't need to tell him. She didn't want to, but they were family. Maybe he deserved to know. "She did. When we were small, almost too small to survive. I hardly remember her though." A lie. Though the images were fuzzy, the scent remained. The voice, the stupid, stupid voice. She heard it in her dreams sometimes. That haunting tone, full of feigned warmth, and affection. Celandine hated it, hated every memory. Every lasting image. Borlla was dead. The youth hoped she was, or at least thats what she told herself.

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2015, 01:48 AM by Celandine.)
Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
He could tell he was making her uncomfortable. He even thought about changing the subject, but knowing her story was far more important than how comfortable she felt at the time. He needed to know there were others who hurt just as bad as he did. He needed to know he would get through this, even if it meant carrying on with such bitterness in his heart. He hated his mother so much, and Celandine had proven to carry similar emotions. "Even with that... Even being so young..It still hurts the same..." the prince scuffed. "If I told you how long she's been gone, you'd think I was overreacting.." He stood before a girl who's missed her mother for so long.. @Nayeli had only been gone for a few months, who was he to act out like this? Who was he to tell his pity story? Clearly she's been hurting for much longer. 'Maybe it's time for me to grow up...'

Some silence passed before Darrah could made eye contact with the princess again. Talking about his mom was only proving to be tiresome. Saying what he really felt, well, it hurt. Before today he'd only heard 'She'll come back soon Darrah! We'll find her together Darrah! You're so strong! Hang in there Darrah!' and quite frankly, it made him want to vomit. Nobody asked how he was doing. Nobody saw how withered he was becoming. Or maybe they did, maybe they just didn't care. "Celandine..." The Prince hummed. "Do you ever feel like running away? Leaving it all behind?" There wasn't a second in his mind where he didn't think about it, maybe he could finally get a second opinion on the idea.

(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2015, 11:04 PM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

She shook her head, if not to comfort him, then to comfort herself. "I believe I miss her much less than you miss your mother." An obvious truth suggested by his demeanor. "You see, I don't have all of the memories that you do. That woman taught me nothing, praised me even less. She wasn't there for me, so I didn't lose anything. I have a sister who sort of filled in. She wasn't perfect, she wasn't a mother, but she was there." Hypatia had wasted away a part of her puppyhood caring for the trio, and as for her mother, well she hadn't left Cella empty. Quite the opposite, in fact. The spot in the pale youth's heart that might have contained Borlla, was now filled with anger, and bitterness. 

They sat in silence for a while, as she mulled over his question. Was he asking if he should leave, or if she would go with him? Entertaining the idea would have been ludicrous. Celandine had a future, an endgame. If she left that would leave everything up to chance. A possibility she wasn't ready to accept, though she couldn't say that she hadn't thought about it. Each time she left, she found herself taking longer to return. The Plateau simply held nothing for her. Not yet anyway. "Some day Darrah, I will be a queen. I will step up, and rule where my mother could not. I will show them all what it means to be a leader. That is why I've stayed." Most likely, the only reason.
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn

He tried to see where she was coming from, she probably did miss her mother less but that wasn't exactly what he had meant. The hurt was still there. Their pain was different, but still the same. They both held that similar rage so close to them.. But she's been hurting for much longer. 'I'm such a baby... Poor Celandine...' He didn't feel the need to correct what he meant, so he just let her continue on. "Sounds like you have a wonderful sister then..." he forced a smile, his relationship with Zera was lackluster. Maybe that was something he needed to work on in the near future.

He thought about her plans to become queen, and even recalled wanting to be the leader of his pack not to long ago. Was that dream still a possibility for him? He hardly knew the wolves back home. Nobody bothered to talk to him after his mom left, but then again that went both ways. Could he ever be fit to rule over those he had no intentions of getting to know? Maybe that was a dream he just had to let go of. So what was he to do next? "You have a promising future ahead of you. Having it all figured out at our young age, I really admire that." He pondered over when they'd next meet. Would her dreams have come true by then? He sure hoped so. "Well... Morning will be approaching soon, I should get back.... Thank you for talking to me Celandine. It really meant a lot to me." he bowed his head towards her, a sign of respect to the princess.

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

A wonderful sister, huh? She felt the ghost of a smile brush past her lips, though she would never tell. Hyppa was certainly something. "I guess I do." The youngest Argyris left it at that, unwilling to divulge any more information than she already had. There was a possibility that the pair might meet again someday, and when that day came, it might be on not-so-friendly terms. He was, after all, in a pack that had a bit of a past with her own. It was too great a risk.

Unfortunately, saying something, and actually doing it were on opposite sides of the spectrum. She could spend a lifetime stating her title, and spouting out her intentions on those willing to listen, but having a goal did nothing to make her job easier. Celandine would still have to fight for it tooth, and nail to earn her place as Silent Moon Plateau's queen. There would be obstacles to overcome, not solely physical, but mental ones as well. "I do hope that you find your place Darrah." The words were wholly sincere, an odd occurrence considering their lack of a friendship of any type. For just a moment, he had gotten a look into her soul. Not even Evy had been given that much, nor would she ever receive such a privilege. It was a certainty that she would have to go through her darker sister, whereas this male was only a possibility. Such was the life of a future queen, always planning for the future.

"It was nice meeting you. I hope that should we meet again, you will have found what you are looking for." And with that, she turned to make her way back home.

{Fin}