(See All?) Announcements
693 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Eros, Khalon, Google, Isla

if you go down in the woods today — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Kinis barely had time to absorb the idea that there were <i>numerous</i> languages before Amélie provided a lengthy example of her very own. Having half-expected to understand it, the way in which the foreign words blew straight in one ear and out the next was enough to drop his jaw in awe. It wasn't long before the words just became a beautiful sound, since he could make neither hide nor hair of their meaning and soon gave up trying. That was French? Man, it was amazing!

So tuned into listening to her wordless voice, when she smoothly reverted back to the language he knew it was a small shock to his system. It took Kinis a few seconds to realise that he had recognised the question at all. <b>"No,"</b> he grinned, and didn't look the least bit put out because of it. In fact, he looked utterly delighted by his lack of comprehension. How brilliant had that been! Brimming with curiosity such that he hadn't experienced since he was very young, Kinis' concerns about the potential insubordination of his questions quickly evaporated as they grew too overwhelming to suppress.

<b>"Is it hard learning other languages? Could I learn it? What's my language called? Can you speak anything else? Can Alexander speak French, too?"</b> It was only thanks to the need to breathe that he gave pause at all.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Vero who has 95 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

Omg. I love Kinis! I love hiiiim!

Amélie was simply giggling the entire time. How adorable...just, how adorable! Kinis admitted he had not understood a single word, as she had expected, and did not waste time in asking questions. "Learning a language when you are a puppy is easy. It is when you grow older that it becomes much more difficult-but not impossible. Yes, you could learn it, but it would take time. Your language is called English and I can only speak Englush and French. Alexander cannot speak French, no."

Amélie was so amused by the situation, she was bubbling and overflowing with laughter. "Here, I will teach you your first French word. "Bonjour"...it means hello," she taught between giggles. "I love that you are eager to learn and I would love to teach you some French." That is, if he allowed it.

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<i>*giggle* Amé is so gorgeous <3</i>

<blockquote>Though a little bemused at Amélie's girlish amusement, Kinis did not mind it. If he was causing her to laugh, even accidentally, then that could only be a good thing. So long as she wasn't laughing <i>at</i> him... but as he watched her and listened to her, he could not say that he felt mocked. It was a pleasant, cheerful sound, and her laughter only caused his goodwill and mood to shine harder. It was like a vicious circle, only without the negative connotations!

One by one she answered his many questions (English! that's what he spoke! how cool!), and had he known that she was pregnant, he may have thought her a wonderful future mother. He could not remember much of his own parents, but could not say that his mother had been quite so... womanly. She had seemed to take life more seriously. Amélie, while sensible like any good adult, had a jovial glow to her, as if there were bells strapped to her ankles. Beauty and happiness surely followed wherever she went. <b>"Bon-jur,"</b> he repeated clumsily, if enthusiastically, feeling a modicum of disappointment as his attempt lacked the airy, exotic quality that her accented voiced provided so easily. Still, practise would make perfect. <b>"I would love to learn!"</b> he declared happily, <b>"I'm not a year old yet so - so I'm technically a puppy still, and that means it should be easier, right? Well, well, I don't care if it's hard, I'll do my best anyway!"</b> It could be like their <i>secret language</i>, and the boy was filled with giddy excitement at the idea - and, of course, the excuse to spend as much time as possible around this, this <i>amazing</i> woman. <b>"Bon... <i>jurrr</i>."</b></blockquote>
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

<333

Kinis' enthusiasm only fueled Amélie and her willingness to help him learn a new language. It would be very hard to do, but not impossibe as she had said, so she would do her very best to teach him. Bonjour he repeated, which made her smile again. Kinis continued on to say that he was not yet an adult, so perhaps learning the language would be easier than an adult. What she had meant was as a very young puppy, when words were still trying to be clung together. Still, she did not want to shoot down his hope, and thus agreed with him. "Yes, you're right," she agreed with a smile. "and that's a great way of thinking, Kinis," she incouraged, again, thrilled by his enthusiasm.

Now it was time to move on to the next word. "'Au revoir' means goodbye. Can you repeat that for me?"

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Ignorant of his misconception, Kinis was only encouraged by Amélie's white lie. His enthusiasm may have been dented if she had explained the matter more clearly, but little could stop him now from pursuing this goal. His life of late was all about reaching high, so to fully comprehend how challenging this task would be may have only served to make the boy even more determined.

<b>"Owh,"</b> he repeated before realising again that his version was far from the mark and pausing to correct himself: <b>"Awh? Auu... rev-eh-wa. Rev-wahr. Revvvoir? Auhrevoir."</b> There was little doubt that he was here for the duration, no matter how difficult it was. Though he was struggling, the only reason the small frown was present was due to concentration; in truth, he loved the idea of different words meaning the same thing, and was too full of glee to be put off by his lack of <i>panache</i>.</blockquote>
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

Shall we fade to black? :3

She watched him fondly as he tackled on the new word, conquering it very quickly. "Wonderful! Great job Kinis, you're already very good." Indeed he was. With daily lessons he could actually begin to speak the language and then the two of them could actually have their very own secret language. That is, until her children were born and the learned to speak it too. In which case they could start their own quaint little club.

Amélie spent the rest of her time with Kinis reciting common French words. Eventually, she tore herself away (unwillingly) from her new young friend, and invited him to meet her again for another lesson in the days to come. She also reminded him of his invitation to explore the Plateau, and wished him an easy journey up the mountain. Alas, she bid him an "Au revoir," before parting ways and heading towards Wild Cherry Orchard.