(See All?) Announcements
248 Users Online
Bing, Google

Whipping Boy — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon
Light snow — 1° F/-17° C | Early Morning/Crack of Dawn; Little to no sunlight Note: Any guardian (@Angier, @Elettra, Skoll, etc.) are more than allowed to jump in this thread<3

How had he not noticed before? His brother had been gone for too long. The dark growing boy had pushed himself from slumbering form into a more lively form in a rather shocked and panicked action. His one brother, @Castiel, was next to him but his other brother. Well, he was no where to be found. Setting off at a high pace into the early, cold, snowy morning Deacon took off. Moving just over the borders of Willow Ridge before stopping and taking in all the scents. Had anyone else noticed? Where could he have gone? Did he disappear like he had himself one time?

Whining his nose struggled to find the scent of his much darker more quiet brother. Sure, it was like him to be gone but being gone this long was not okay at all. Why hadn't his mother or father been looking? Why was no one looking? The should be out here! His fur all stood up and he was obviously distressed enough to easily snap at anyone and anything. Snarling he pushed himself through the snow. Every step taking him daringly further from the willows. If he was to get lost out in this snowy mess, at least it was for a good reason.

Picking up pace again the prince was now willing to follow any trail that might lead him to his brother. The dark boy was so desperate he was willing to run into the white canvas, which was barely able to be seen due to the darkness of the morning, of the world just to find some lead. If no one else was going to go out and look, then Deacon would.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Melorama who has 46 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Castiel Archer Lyall

It was at the crack of dawn when the Ridge Prince felt and heard the movement of his older brother. Opening one pale golden eye, he sleepily gazed at Dea who seemed to be anxious and on edge. Sighing softly, Cass opened his other eye and rolled to his paws, his maw stretching out in a wide yawn, the tip of his tongue curling up to the roof of his mouth. However, when he glanced over at where his brother had just been, all he saw was an empty den. Brows furrowing, he swiftly darted out of the den - and no, he totally didn't almost trip over hid paws, nope - and saw Dea setting off at a high pace into the early, cold and snowy morning. Looking over his shoulder back into the den, he took in a deep breath, but picked up no scent of his younger brother, the third in their litter, Greer.

Cass knew his older brother wouldn't stop no matter what, and he would most likely even go past the pack borders, so he lifted hi muzzle up into the air and called for one of the adults in the pack before running at top speed to catch up to him. Breathing heavily, the Ridge Prince slowed down his pace at the pack border, seeing Dea's form on the other side of it. Taking a deep breath, he stepped over the border, continuing his effort to catch up to his brother. Matching his pace, Cass gently nudged Dea's shoulder with his muzzle, a soft growl emitting from his maw. "Dea, you know we're not allowed past the border. Remember what happened last time?" He was sure he didn't have to remind his older brother of that incident, but it was likely the only thing to get his attention right now.

306 Words
Played by Sarah who has 35 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Octavius Percival Lyall Aquila
Angier and Sköll really wanted to be here, but Octavius desperately wanted to join in... XP

Under Angier's exclusive care, Taima rarely ever crossed into young Octavius' mind these days; and, being with his age-mate uncles day in and day out had been nothing but beneficial for the young Lyall. His confidence grew and, in turn, his ability to communicate, act, and function as apart of a prosperous pack fashioned him into quite an honorable and moral-driven sort of lad. Of course, it also helped that the wolves he spoke to on a daily basis were his family by blood. So, when the golden boy had awoken to find that he had been the only one left in the den at the break of dawn, it was by Angier's words that he acted - look first, then assess... listen, smell, then address.

This sort of situation, however, was absolutely nothing new. Since it seemed that Greer had found other places to be, play, and sleep, if neither Deacon or Castiel were around, it was best for Octavius to try and find them - and fast. Nothing was worse than being the last to do anything with the younger Lyall's.

With four large paws at the end of four lengthy limbs, the youth lumbered about with his nose on the ground, trailing his buddies' scent trails until Castiel's howl pierced the air. They hadn't gone far (or so it seemed), and eventually, he came upon both of his friends in-between the leafless willows.

"Dea, you know we're not allowed past the border," Castiel had said and Octavius' muzzle wrinkled slightly in interest. "Remember what happened last time?" Taima and her son had not been around when first-born prince had gotten himself stolen away but, by the sound of it, it seemed like Deacon was going to be in big trouble if and when someone - like Uncle Angier or Aunt Elettra or even Sköll or Morganna - showed up.

Octavius' golden eyes scanned the world around them; the untouched snow and dimly lit skies made this part of the forest seem much too menacing. To make it even more terrible was the fact that the three of them, all still cubs in their superiors' eyes, were quite possibly someplace where they were not supposed to be alone. He stepped alongside Castiel and cast Deacon a wide-eyed stare, "If you don't get back here, I'm telling... You're gonna get us all in trouble when they find out we're out of the den."

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2015, 06:11 PM by Octavius.)
Deacon
First to show was his brother. The touch was enough to startle stressed Deacon and make him snap his teeth in warning. Before he could say something his "brother" Gus (or Golden Boy) showed up with his own words. Speaking of ratting him out to the other and older wolves of the ridge. Another warning snap was given to Golden Boy. "SHUT UP, BOTH OF YOU!" His words were loud in the silence of the morning dawn. "If you aren't going to help then get lost, okay? Go ahead and tell everyone I'm out here," Deacon shot Gus a rather rude look. "I'm out here to look for Greer... Not to be yelled at by two wolves who are suppose to support me."

As if ending his part there he pushed on further into the dim lit land. His breath lifted high up from his nose like snow. This was his job now. Just like someone had gone out and looked for him when he got lost, he was going to go out and look for Greer. Besides, how far could his much darker and younger brother gotten? Unless someone took him like what happened to Deacon. Although he was trying to think positive with the likes that his brother may have just gone a trip. Maybe he was just in the meadows or near the mountain's base. The oldest Archer-Lyall just wanted to find his brother and return home. He wanted a happily ever after within the Willow Ridge pack.
Played by Namara who has 52 posts.
Inactive II. Guardian
Sorya Archer
Noticed you wanted a Guardian? Hope Sorya is alright.

Carefully she had planned her border patrols so she might be able to remain alone. Her eyes were calm as she patrolled around, her ears pricked as she listened for sounds. Oh, sounds she did hear. The argument between pup-like voices met her ears and she rolled her eyes. She crept up along the territory, hiding herself behind a bush to listen listen carefully to the words. She knew that it might prove to be worth it. Might. She heard Castiel's voice preach to his brother, Deacon (surprise, surprise) about not being allowed past the borders and then another voice, which she assumed to be Greer or Octavius since she knew Deacon's voice, talk about telling on Deacon before Deacon hissed at them to shut up and talked about how he was going to be looking for Greer. It was nice to see the boy named after her brother speak up and do something productive like finding his brother but she knew that she would need to intervene. "No need to preach it to the world and let everyone know you three are here." Her voice would pierce the air as she came out of the bush which she had been listening from behind.

Her unemotional face turned to a soft smile, taking out her rare but comforting grin. "Looking for your brother is an excellent idea Deacon and I appreciate your initiative but you should have gotten me or another guardian to go with you. Castiel is right, you could get lost again." Her words were soft and not meant to scold but to comfort the young boy in some way. She looked to the other two with a curious look. How would they react. Especially the young Octavius whom she had heard threaten to be a tattle-tale on the Archer-Lyall child. "As for all three of you, we should head back. It is too cold for you three right now with these frigid winter temperatures. The adults and I can handle finding Greer." She had to admit she had been concerned about the disappearance of the child and she had been looking but she hadn't gone too far past the borders. It would be time to seek out Elettra and Angier soon to talk about a course of action.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Deacon
(O.o.C Sorya is perfect<3)
Not too long after him snapping at @Castiel and @Octavius did his aunt @Sorya show up. The last thing he needed was his aunt to come rain on his parade. This was great. Was everyone out to ruin his life? Preparing himself for a harsh scolding he was instead greeted with a softer voice and perhaps a praise of sorts. Scrunching up his face in confusion he shot his eyes down as to not look into Sorya's.

"I can't go home. Not until Greer is back home in the den and safe," He paused to shake his head and turn from his family. "I can't let him go through what I went through.." His voice was a hushed whisper to himself, although there was a likely chance his family members might be able to hear a sliver of what he whispered. Sitting down on the cold ground his form slumped as if to say he was defeated. He knew he could fight his brother and Gus but when it came to Sorya, well, he held to much respect to want to rebel against her. "If I go home, can we go look for him later Aunt Sorya? Just me and you?" The oldest Archer-Lyall said this as if it was like Golden but and Cass weren't even around. The last thing he wanted was to go exploring with their loud goody-two-paws mouths. Staring at the snow he closed his eyes tightly. Perhaps this was all just a cold bad dream and he could go home soon. Back home in the willow's safety where he belonged to be.