(See All?) Announcements
549 Users Online
Google, Bing

100 Seconds Of Me — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 21 posts.
Inactive
Oregano Flint
@Myrrhis! ^^ and I'm so sorry... I have no idea what's with me and putting numbers in the title of threads between you and I...
NOTE: Dated forward two days to 17th of December

The Psychopathic Flirt was now in the foothills of the mountain he had decided to climb two days previously, and he was so pleased to be free from that absolutely horrible and disgusting marsh that he could sing! But of course he didn't. Humming a tone and possibly singing it softly was okay, but not singing full out like he could have at that moment. There were limits to what he'd do, surprisingly, as he often did anything he wanted, whenever he wanted. Yes, he could be childish, Machiavellian, murdering, even, but even he had limits to what he'd do. Though to others it didn't seem like he had any limits to what he would do, but to those that weren't as small-minded like the rest of them, it could be seen that he did, in fact, have a few limits here and there. More for his own sake than anything else, but limits nonetheless.

Stopping to rest, he looked around, goldenrod eyes searching every nook and cranny the he could see for signs of life or movement. He wasn't cautious or worried, no, he just liked to know what was around him. A free wolf was not afraid of the world around him, and he was as free as a wolf could be. There were no rules that he would follow to guide his actions, there was no wolf alive who had any hold over him and he just plainly didn't care about anyone else other than himself. Well, with the slight exception of his older sister Myrrhis. But even then, he'd choose his own life above hers in an instant. "No one ever gets to me..." he said to no one in particular, just speaking aloud for the sake of it. "And no one ever will."

298 Words

(This post was last modified: Dec 16, 2014, 11:16 AM by Phineas.)
Played by Silvia who has 57 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
Myrrhis was out looking for herbs when she first smelt him and at first, she could not believe it. Sure he couldn't be here, of all places? Yet something told her it was. After all, the Lore was a big place to miss on anyone's wanderings and to find it wasn't hard at all. So she steered herself towards where the scent of her brother was coming from, both wary and curious of him. Peering at him from around a tree, Myrrhis couldn't stop a sigh from escaping her maw. It was him alright, she knew that golden coat from any where. The exact opposite colour to her own silver pelt but both shine brightly in the light.

"...Oregano?" She tested, just in case. He really looked only a little different from when she had last seen him but she was sure it was defiantly him. And yet Myrrhis was a little confused and wary as to why her younger brother had now appeared in the land she now was calling home. Had he grown bored of whoever or whatever he had been playing with previously, before moving onwards to here. If he reacted to the name like she thought he would, then she would know for sure it was her younger brother.

He had changed his name during his life, because of his...displeasure of being a part of the Flint Family but Myrrhis still called him by his real name, along with a nickname he never really liked and always annoyed him. Yet she continued to call him it, simply for the fun of it.
(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2014, 06:51 AM by Myrrhis.)
Inactive
Oregano Flint
Okay, so I wasn't expecting him to act like this @Myrrhis xD

At the sound of a curious and hesitant voice speaking his name, his real name, Aspen bristled, the fur along his neck and spine standing on end as he whipped around, baring his teeth at whoever had spoken. His blazing goldenrod eyes landed on the face of his older sister Myrrhis, the face of one whom he could never forget even if he tried to, peeking out from behind a thick evergreen tree. Baring his teeth and letting out a frustrated snarl of disgust and annoyance, he stared at the older, greyed female. "How many times must I say this, dear sister of mine, my name is ASPEN WHITLOCK!" His voice had a dangerous undertone, a threat to disembowel whoever had angered him, but he wouldn't touch his sister like that, not unless he really meant to hurt her, and she knew it. That was the only reason he knew why she continued to call him that, as well as by his freakishly childish nickname, because she was the only wolf that could get away with it.

Stalking forward in a predatory fashion, the Psychopathic Flirt circled around his older sister; head low, ears pricked in her direction, tail flicking in agitation. It was a coincidence that they were together once more, but no, he didn't believe in coincidences, it was just the world being lazy. He was like a vulture, circling his prey, waiting for the right moment to strike, but after he had made his trip around her more than a few times he came to a leisurely halt, staring at Myrrhis. He had been wondering what she was doing here, why she had left Deep Valley, but it was so obvious: she got bored. Of course, he should have known it the moment he saw her. Slowly leaning forward he rubbed his cheek gently against hers, a soft rumbling purr resonating from deep within his chest before he backed up a few paces to a suitable conversation distance. "Did you miss me?" Aspen crooned softly, a slightly insane tone lacing his words. He had certainly missed her, just a bit.

353 Words

(This post was last modified: Dec 16, 2014, 11:17 AM by Phineas.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
Myrrhis did not so much as blink when Aspen turned towards her, looking ready as if to attack her and snarled at her for calling him by his real name, shouting that his name was Aspen Whitlock. She was not frightened of him, only a little wary and untrusting of him. At least for now.

"Would you prefer I call you Sprinkles instead then?" She questioned lightly, quirking an eyebrow at him. His tone did not frighten her in the least. His anger and dangerous tone was something she was used to reciving, for calling him by his actual name and by using his nickname. She knew she could get away with it too, knowing he would it harm her at all. She was the only one to ever actually care for him after all. 'His favourite babysitter', he used to call her. "You are Oregano to me and not this Aspen Whitlock, no matter what you say to anyone. You are my little brother."

When he came up to her, pressing his cheek to hers, she barely held back a shiver. She wasn't afraid of him yes but that did not mean she liked having him too close to her. So when he stepped back to a suitable distance, Myrrhis studied him. He looked a little thin to her trained eye and for a brief moment, wondered if he had been getting enough food to eat. As if they had a normal relationship and not...their current one they currently had.

"Perhaps as much as one misses family." She slowly answered his question. "And you? Did you miss me?"
Inactive
Oregano Flint
Long post for you @Myrrhis <3 :D

Snarling furiously when his older sister used his childish, and frankly horrible and hateful nickname, Aspen glared daggers and poison at her, his goldenrod eyes blazing with a stoked flame that burned in a roaring fire. Oh how he hated that god awful nickname, but ever since that one day it had stuck firmly, and there was no way Myrrhis would ever forget it. She always liked to use either that or his real name, both of which she knew would torment him endlessly, and he guessed that was probably one of the reasons she used them. To make him feel less than he actually was, and so he'd always know he was the younger, and therefore, less experienced and more childish one between them. Was he experienced? yes. Childish? Very. But at times his older sister could be too, her childish side rarely ever came out though. "I'd prefer you call me by the name that I want to be called by... didn't you always tell me to respect others wishes? Well I wish you would call me Aspen Whitlock, and not by my old name, and especially not by that nickname."

Grumbling silently, the Psychopathic Flirt clicked his jaws together menacingly. At least she was the only one that knew his true name, as he had never revealed it to anyone after his first year when he changed it to something he actually liked and that sounded more like the name he should have been given. He'd been named after a golden herb for god's sake! No one would ever find a name like that attractive. He certainly didn't. "Well, older sister, I can see I won't be able to change your mind. But if you tell anyone I am called anything other than what I wish to be called... I will go after them.. and I will silence them." His voice was deadly serious, with no trace of the humour it usually held. He would do exactly what he had said, and he was sure Myrrhis knew that. It wasn't often he was completely serious, and when he was, it was best his words were heeded and followed without question. "Do you follow?" Aspen grinned maliciously, canting his head to the side.

After a few moments he lost the grin and glanced around, brows furrowing as he surveyed the immediate area. It was very rocky, mountainous, as they were in the foothills of a mountain. Everything was covered in a powdery blanket of snow, but that didn't hinder him spotting the boulders and half covered sharp objects on the ground. It was dangerous territory to be in, if one wasn't careful of one's surroundings. "This place you live in... there's a pack, right?" Aspen questioned curiously. Inhaling deeply, he could pick up the musk of a pack scent that clung to her pelt, but the cold temperature dulled his senses a bit, making it harder to pick out one wolf scent from another. "What's it like? If it's up to my standards, I might just join. For the winter of course," He said smugly, turning to face his older sister once more. "Maybe just to spite you." The Psychopathic Flirt needed to alleviate the boredom in his life, and he did that through having fun. And what was more fun than tormenting his own sister?

558 Words

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
{>> I think Aspen is bringin out Myrrhis' dark side}

"Aspen Whitlock is not who you are, little brother. It is a falsehood, a lie to make yourself feel better, to feel more powerful and feel as if you have more power over others. You know your true name yet others know only a lie. It makes you feel as if you are above them, knowing something they do not. I will not use this lie you've chosen for yourself." Myrrhis hissed at him, telling him again why she used his real name instead of his chosen one. Her eyes flashed when he told her he would hunt down and kill those wolves she would tell his real name or nickname too. Her next words would be purred out smoothly, a wicked grin slowly making its way over her maw. "If and when I am asked if I should know you, I will say I know an Aspen Whitlock but that I know him better as Oregano Flint, my little brother. And depending on how I am feeling, I may throw in the nickname Sprinkles. You do not order me to do anything, Oregano Flint. You are not my leader nor one I would willingly listen to for my benefit. Least of all in this situation. Call yourself what you will to others but you will always be my little brother. And his name was Oregano Flint. Hunt down who you wish but know it will not weigh on my mind if you do." She knew how to handle him. She had been doing it for years. He often expected others to fight him, to tell him what he was doing was wrong and yet he would still do it. Sometimes he faltered when told he could do what he wanted.

She flicked her tail when he queried about her pack. "If you wish to know what it is like, then perhaps you should visit the pack itself and speak with the leaders." Myrrhis answered his question shortly, knowing that he could very well go through with his threat of joining the pack. Not that it truly mattered to her if he joined her pack or another. "And there's two packs on the mountain. Take your pick of the two." She rolled her shoulders in something of a shrug, a feeling of something farmilar beginning to lurk underneath her skin. Something that only her brother could bring out in her, not that she'd ever show it to him truly.

Her orange eyes flickered up to his face, her lips quirking in a smirk. "If you wish to join either pack, perhaps then we could spend more time together?" She suggested, with a subtle dark undertone to it.
(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2014, 02:00 PM by Myrrhis.)
Inactive
Oregano Flint
@Myrrhis I hope that's a 'good' thing? xD And uh... little swear in this post, don't quite know how it got there >.>
Also, little Smaug quote somewhere in there ;)

Aspen listened quietly as his older sister spoke in hissed tones, his ears pricked forward curiously and a smug smile lifting the corners of his lips, revealing just the tips of his sharp ivory incisors. She most likely thought he would react aggressively towards her like he had always done in the past, but he was a proper man now, and proper men always knew when the time came for peace and not war... more or less. He wasn't really a man of war or peace, but rather in the middle, and depending on how he felt at the moment decided all further actions into what would either become chaos or order, sometimes even a little bit of both. Violence was always so fun, like a game of chess, the opponent makes a move, and then he counters it. But sadly, there was no war without peace, though sometimes he would admit peace was a good thing when he wanted to be silent and sneak around without suspicion or being detected. "So you do know how I feel. How... touching of you, dear sister of mine."

Myrrhis's next words were spoken in a deep purr, smooth and collected, dark and hidden meanings laying just beneath the surface. That was what he wanted to see; the monster inside. Chuckling softly, the Psychopathic Flirt rested his goldenrod gaze on her orange hued eyes, liking the sudden dark turn of events, relishing in it before it ended. This was her best side, the one that said "Don't fuck with me or you're dead" as plain as day, the one that he liked the most. It was times like these that he truly connected with his sister on an equal level, sadly these opportunities were far between and short lived. "Of course I don't order you around, Myrrhis. It's impossible to do so, your spirit can be so wild and free when it chooses that no one can stop you, and yet you choose to hide it. Why is that?" Moving closer, he kept his gaze locked onto hers, a low rumbling purr emitting from deep within his chest. "Are you afraid of yourself Myrrhis? Of the monster that you can become? Come now, don’t be shy… step into the light, and reveal yourself to the world."

However, when the conversation moved onto packs, Aspen stepped back, his features morphing back into the usual smug smirk and a neutral air around him, listening to what his sister had to say. He scowled upon her mention of meeting with the pack leaders, flicking his tail and glancing behind him in annoyance. No, that would not do for him, having to meet them, act like they were the boss and he’d do anything for them. It was pathetic, beyond pitiful, but it had to be done, nonetheless. "Oh, really?" His ears twitched in interest; two packs? "I’m sure about that Myrrhis, I’d love to catch up with you more often and talk about our daily lives." His voice was filled with sarcasm as he spoke, rolling his eyes for effect. Yes, he would see her from time to time, but spending quality time together? No, that would soon become tedious beyond belief. "However, before you or I make any arrangements, I’d like to scout out this other pack you speak of before I make my choice." Yes, he could be impulsive at times, but he always had a plan wherever he went.

576 Words

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
"Do as you will Oregano. You are old enough to make your own decisions, as childish as they may seem sometimes." Myrrhis pointedly ignored his comment about her other side. Of course she knew what her brother was talking about but she had no desire to agree with him about it. This other side to her, she don't like to think existed, at least not one that Aspen claimed her to have nor would she admit it to him.

She hated that part of her, despised it with a great vengeance. If were possible, she would have gotten rid of it long ago. Banished it from her soul and left it far behind, as nothing more as a fleeting memory of who she once was. Her brother could embrace that side of him all he wanted but she wanted nothing to do with it.

"So little brother," she drawled as she castes an eye over his golden dapper coat. "I've noticed no scars or anything new since the last time we meet. Which is good I suppose. At least there will not be another reason to behind that old nickname of yours, seeing as you have no scars sprinkled on you. A shame, really. The real reason behind it is quite pathetic, if I remember." Myrrhis did not care if she rices off her brother but she felt as if she needed to knock him down a peg or two, to remind him that he is not always the high an mighty Aspen Whitlock he claims to be.
Inactive
Oregano Flint

He hissed at the mention of his given name, the low sound slipping from between his clenched teeth. Golden ears pulled back to flatten against his skull as he moved his burning goldenrod gaze onto her face, eyes narrowing and lips curling back to reveal the deadly sharp points of his ivory fangs. Oh how she irritated him to the end and beyond, made him want to grab her by the throat, his jaws curling themselves around where her jugular was, and slowly kill her, watching the light fade from her gaze. There were so many ways he could kill her. The Psychopathic Flirt had spent probably hours imagining all the different scenarios he could accomplish, none of them pleasant, each worse than the last. But the most basic, the most primal way to kill her was the one he had settled on. Though it was simple, it would give him the most satisfaction. If things were too complex the game began to get hard and challenging, and he wanted to focus completely on her death without worrying about anything else. It would happen one day... and he would be there. "Oh, but I am childish in what I do. A child's sense of humour is better compared to an adults, don't you agree?"

Closing his eyes briefly and turning his head away as to not look at his sister, Aspen took a couple of deep breaths to calm himself down. Once he was sure he had himself under control - when did he ever? Like, seriously? - he looked back at Myrrhis as she drawled at him in her British accent. He laughed silently to himself at the first part of her words, of course he had scars, but they were just very well hidden. He had mastered the art of disguise, after all. But when she mentioned the reason behind his sickly adorable nickname his fur bristled once more, but he held himself back from physically snarling at her like he almost had before. No, he had himself under control. She didn't have the power to work him up to attacking her unless if he chose to do it with a clear head.

Lifting his head up high, The Psychopathic Flirt stared down at Myrrhis, lip curling up in a disdainful sneer. "If you're trying to rile me up to get me to act like a spoilt brat, or even to attack you out of pure anger, it's not going to work. Over the years I have trained myself to stay in control of my body. Here and there I will have outbursts, but unless I choose to do something, it'll never happen. So. Don't. Make. Me. Choose." Forcing his hackles to lie flat upon his back, Aspen shook his head slightly, the faintest movement, eyes twinkling with psychotic mirth. "And you are wrong. I do have scars, but in places others don't normally see, and I hide them well. Even from your eyes." Now that was an accomplishment.

501 Words