(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Vanadis, Bing, Google, Jadon

Her Eyes and Words are so Icy — Clandestine Brook 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fira who has 24 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
RE -- There is a heavy snowstorm on its way.

Ceara’s descent into the deep wood was one made out of necessity. As the snowstorm approached ever nearer, she knew that if she did not make it into the trees, she would have little to no chance of survival. Not that she had much chance of survival regardless. This part of the forest did not look very inviting, and the ground everywhere was wet and cold. But, in the middle of winter, so was everywhere else. So, really, it didn’t matter where she went, or how long she spent looking for some kind of “real” shelter from the storm. She was probably going to die no matter what she did.

Being a wolf who had grown up never questioning authority didn’t mean that she had no sense of self-preservation. What it did mean was that she was, perhaps, more resigned to her fate than others. She still wanted to live, and would do what she could to ensure that she survived the storm. But if it was nature’s will that she die this day, then so be it. She worked methodically to try and open up a bigger space beneath the roots of a massive tree. The ground was easy to work with because it was muddy, but that also made it more difficult because the ground shifted too much sometimes.

Eventually, she had carved out a hole just big enough for herself, and was thankful that she was so small. A larger wolf would have had to dig even longer to create a decent shelter, and as she watched the first snowflakes fall, she was glad she was done digging. This shelter was by no means comfortable or warm, and it could very well prove to be dangerous. If the snow built up too much around the entrance to her little hole, she could end up being trapped there for who knew how long. But she didn’t care all that much. With no one of authority to order her around, she had no real reason to live. Not that she wanted to die. She didn’t. It was just that, with nothing to occupy herself with other than simple survival, she often found herself at a loss for what to do.

The only long-term goal she had was to try her hardest to find a new pack to join. A new pack – and new Alphas – would give her life purpose again. It seemed she had been born to serve, but servants need others, or there is no one to serve. Ceara thought on this as the snow slowly, and then more quickly, fell around her. As the wind picked up and the white flakes piled on the ground, she suddenly felt her vigor renew. She would find a new pack to serve if it killed her. As long as this snowstorm did not kill her first.
(This post was last modified: Jan 30, 2015, 10:58 PM by Ceara.)
CEARA
The way she shows me I'm hers, and she is mine
Open hand or closed fist would be fine
The blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

Played by wolfsi who has 51 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rift Longwood
@Ceara may i bump in?

Rift walked through the trees looking for somewhere to hide from the storm. She had left her former hiding place in hope of finding better prey in this frozen landscape. But whit no luck, the only rabbit she managed to find got away.  Know her usual optimistic was falling her. She felt her body shiver missing the warmth of her pack. But knowing that she would never go back to a life of running from different territory over and over. She looked around for a place to hide to rest just for a minute but there was none. She soon stumbled across another wolfs sent, a female loner. She let out a deep breath witch turned white as it come in contact whit the cold wind before binge blown away.

She took a fast dissection knowing that she would die if she did not soon find shelter. And an instinct of not wanting to be alone anymore drove her forward to find the other wolf. Whit out knowing if it was friend or foe she decided to follow the wolf. –if the wolf doesn’t kill me the storm will- she reminded herself as she walk on in to the forest. 

Rift got closer to the place where the other wolf had made its den. After having lost the sent trail more than once she was getting tired and cold. She let out a whimper as she realist that the sent was fading because of the snow falling from the sky. And she looked around trying to find the place where the other wolf could be hiding. But soon she gave up looking around her trying to find cover. And a pile of snow brought something her step father had once told her up.  She went over to the pile moving to the side so the wind was hiding her face she made a hollow like shape where she could just lie so that the wind would no longer hit her..  

Don't blame me for talking to my self.
my mind is the only one who do not disapprove of me.
i guise i could blame you after all you where the one who left me.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
@Rift Not at all. Yay! :D

Ceara was as susceptible to the snow and what it did to her senses as any other wolf. The wet and cold all around her made it almost impossible to smell anything clearly, so she did not notice the other female in her vicinity until she was nearly right on top of her. Ceara didn’t know exactly where the female was, and for a long time, she had no idea whether or not to let her hiding place be known. What if this she-wolf was an enemy? But then again, what if she wasn’t? Besides, Ceara was a submissive wolf, and was also inherently kind when the situation allowed it. After thinking it over for another minute, she realized she could not in good conscience leave the other wolf out in the snow to freeze to death if she could do something to stop it. Wolves were naturally territorial, but they were also naturally social. And it had been far too long since she had last seen one of her own kind.

With only a bit of reluctance, Ceara pulled her brown-and-red body up out of the small shelter. She realized then that even if she got the other wolf to go to the shelter with her, they would have to dig it out a bit more to make it big enough for both of them. And they would have to be quick, as the ground would soon be too cold to dig through. She shivered as she faced forward again, tilting her head a little to try and catch the other’s scent. It was there! Somewhere… It was faint, but now that she was out in the open, it was much more noticeable than it had been. Cautiously, she let out of a Whoof. A small sound that meant, “Who’s there?” If this other female wanted to attack her, this would be her chance, and Ceara knew that full well.

She took a few steps forward, letting out another Whoof. ”Come out, wherever you are. I can guide you to shelter.” Her voice was small, as it always had been, and she was a little afraid, but she tried not to show it. Patiently, she waited for a response.
CEARA

Rift Longwood
@Ceara might have to go soon my bed is calling me

Rift was freezing her tail off. The cold snow was melting as her body heat slipped out in to the wind and her shelter was not good enough. She curled up liking her nose giving a small whimper as she felt her nose grow cold. She placed her front paws on to it looking in to the forest wondering if she would join the after life to night. And who knew maybe that wasn’t so bad she get to see her father and step father again. She let out a sigh what was she thinking, there was no way she would let herself die in a place like this her life was just starting and in anger over her stupid thoughts she let out a silent growl.

The sudden voice of the stranger cut her off guard and she laid still frozen in place. –Okay so she wasn’t that far away- she thought to herself. As she took a deep breath preparing for the chance that the other wolf might attack her. Though what she had said made her stand up looking her way whit out taking, a defensive stands. She looked at the other wolf who was smaller than her and she looked at her curios –I wonder how old she is?- she tough trying to figure out if the other wolf was small or young.

“Who are you?” rift shouted as she stood there looking at the other wolf she felt a relief by being close to another being whit a reasonable mind. She took a step around the pile of snow and then a few more to get in front of it.  Waiting to see what the stranger’s next move would be.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
@Rift -- That's fine. :D Things are getting interesting now...

Ceara watched cautiously as the larger wolf stepped closer to her, asking her who she was. Immediately, and instinctively, she lowered herself to the ground, as a show of subservience. She did not want the female to think she was challenging her, and she also wanted to show what her own stance was. Though neither of them were part of a pack – as Ceara could tell by the female’s scent – her mind and body still ran on pack mentality. And bigger wolves were generally higher up than smaller ones.

“I am Ceara,” she replied, keeping her voice small, another show of submission. Lying in the snow was making her colder, but she ignored the ice on her belly. “I have a small shelter dug out nearby, in the roots of a tree. Right now it is too small for both of us, but if we work together, we may be able to dig it out and make room for one more.”

Ceara was about to continue – she was about to begin placating her acquaintance, letting the female know that she meant her no harm. But a scent caught her nose – faint as it was. Deer! Or, in other words, food. Instantly, her mouth began salivating, and she forgot all about showing her submission. Now she was only thinking of one thing. “Do you smell that?” she asked, her voice even lower as her instincts took over. “There is a herd of deer over there.” She nodded behind the female, to a particularly dense part of the forest where there was a bit less snow on the ground from all the trees blocking out the sky.

She slowly crept forward – though she skirted around the female in a wide arc. She knew, though, that she could not hunt the deer alone. She turned to look over her shoulder. “Will you help me? I will share all the meat with you. You can have more than half, even. Come on.”
CEARA

Rift Longwood
@Ceara got to go. sorry i be back tomorrow but its 00;15 am at my place and need to get up early tomorrow

Rift looked at the female as she dropped down not really knowing why, she was the one whit a den. So wasn’t she the one who ha most power of the tow of them? Rift flopped down on her belly so that they were both lying down “no need for that, you’re the one whit a den so show the way” she smiled at her. As she wag her tail stirring snow up from the ground. Felling the ice at her belly fur she hoped that Ceara would stand up soon so that they would not have to lay on the could ground forever. 

She stood back up “and I’m Rift by the way” she did not say her last name sins she did not find it necessary. As the other female suddenly became all up on the deer sent a smile crossed her face. “Yeah I’m starving, let’s go!” she said as she watch Ceara,
"and we see about the sharing part when we get the food." Not wanting to say yes to her offer whit out having seen the deer. “So can I ask how old you are whit out offending you?” she said before starting to follow the faded sent. Deeper in too the forest hoping that the two of them could find an easy target.  Sins the deer she had seen in relic lore was way too big for just two wolves to take down on their own.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
Ceara, admittedly, was paying little attention to Rift. She knew only the hunger in her belly and the scent of deer on the wind. It took all her concentration to keep the scent, and she didn’t need any distractions. Vaguely, she heard herself answering Rift’s question about her age. “I was born in the summer before this last one. So a season cycle and-a-half ago. I am not old enough to mate, but I am old enough to be on my own.” This was all she said on the matter, for her mind was distracted by the deer.

As they neared their prey, Ceara finally saw them huddled together in the snow, standing a hundred paw-steps away. There were three of them – a buck, his mate, and their one offspring. A small group, though she wasn’t complaining. A smaller group meant they wouldn’t be as tough to bring down, and there wouldn’t be enough of them to fend the two wolves off – if they played it smart. She took in their condition. The three seemed malnourished, as was to be expected in the middle of winter. The buck had a full set of antlers on him, and they would have to be wary of them.

Ceara took a deep breath to steady herself. She was small, and hunting was not really her forte. But she was a wolf, and sometimes instincts were stronger than anything that could be taught. She turned to Rift. “We should try to take down the male, I think. He is the most dangerous, and he is also the biggest, and will have the most meat. What do you want to do?” She waited for Rift’s reply, her subservient nature making it hard to just charge ahead without saying anything first. Besides, hunting was generally not a one-wolf job. Even a malnourished buck was still a challenge to take down, and there were only two of them. Mother Nature would have to be on their side today if this was going to work.
CEARA

Rift Longwood
 @Ceara  i got to go sorry scholl tomorrow, can i ask if you live in a GMT time zone?

Rift Loongwood 

Rift ran alongside Ceara while letting her do the tracing job while she had her senses looking out for other predators this seasons where had for all predators. And the last thing she wanted to run in to was another wolf or for the worse a bear.“okay then I am a few months older the you”  she replied to Ceara looking at her and therefore did not see the snow pile she was about to run in to.

She lost balance and got stuck for a few seconds before continuing after Ceara. Catching up to her after a few moments. Snow still hanging in her fur from the snow pile she looked on ahead as the smell of dear got stronger. They were getting closer and she felt her belly tightening whit excitement, would they be strong enough to take down a deer on their own? She gave Ceara a look out of the corner of her eye mentally noting that she probably depended on speed and stamina like herself. Witch meant that it would be hard to take down a larger deer, especially a male.

Rift saw them in the snow just a few meters ahead of them tree dears was huddled together in the snow. She slowed down stopping completely just around the length of her tail behind Ceara. She let the wind ruffle her fur a few moment looking at the dear trying to figure around if they had a Chans against the male. By reflex, something her mother had told her, she counted the ’spikes’ on the antlerless trying to find out how old the male was.“Though you might be right if we from the start toke on the bull, the doe and her fawn might run and then it would be only him. If we go for the fawn or doe the other adult will try to fight us”she tough again this time giving the male a good look trying to find any damage or weakness they could use against him. “Okay lets go for the male. But first we need some kind of plan about what we’re going to do sins we aren’t more than tow” she said to Ceara

"Speech." 
 i live on forever in the hearts of thews who where my companions in this life.  
(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2015, 09:14 PM by Rift. Edit Reason: fixing table )

Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
Ceara kept her eyes on the deer as she tried to think of a response to Rift’s comments. She was right. They would need a good plan for this to work. Ceara studied their prey, keeping low and making sure not to alert the deer to their presence. The last thing they needed was to watch them bolt away in fear from a snapped twig or the crunch of snow on the ground. The three were huddled together, standing still and looking around every now and then. They seemed dazed, like they might fall over at any moment. Probably from lack of food. Ceara knew that feeling all too well, and she wasn’t about to feel it again any time soon.

She began slowly, trying to think. “With only two of us, if we end up having to chase the buck, we won’t have a chance. There aren’t enough of us to keep up with him, unless we get lucky and he trips or falls. With that in mind, the only thing I can think of is that one of us circles around to block off his exit, and the other runs at him to scare him towards whoever is waiting. Then we can ambush him and both attack him when he can’t run away.” This was the best strategy she could come up with, given their options. She wasn’t the best hunter, but that didn’t mean she didn’t know how to do it. It was actually going through with it that was the hard part. She had very little strength, so taking down big prey was difficult for her.

“Do you want to chase the buck, or should I? Remember, someone has to chase, and the other has to block off his exit. Which role do you want?” She looked Rift over. “You might be better at lying in wait to attack him, since you look bigger and stronger than me. I’m fast, and good at chasing, but actually attacking anything is hard for me because I’m small.” She had nothing more to say at this point, and now it was up to Rift to make the next move.
CEARA