254 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Google

What Lies Beneath
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

The stormy male felt some relief at Vespertio's nod of agreement to his request. He just wanted to be there to hear what they said and partly because he wanted to make sure that they wouldn't go after his leader if they lost their temper. Better to be there just in case than to wonder what might happen if he wasn't. His upper lip trembled as he fought the urge to bare his fangs. The walking calmed him as they padded around the lake cooling his displeasure until he was just content to walk and see what happened. Slowly trees began to fill the area and they were walking in a forest. Snow crunching under their paws the smaller male spoke his voice seeming to echo in the silence.

Anthem glanced at Vespertio curiously before looking back to the ground before him. What did he think of pack life? It created a stability that he hadn't had in a while making him more comfortable overall. It's a nice change of pace having a place to call home rather than wandering aimlessly. He said a small grin on his face. He was becoming more open as well not as blunt and standoffish as he had used to be, of course he still had his moments but they were fading away. To be honest I haven't had much interaction with the others beside you and the brief meeting with Athena when I joined. He knew he should go and talk to them but he for some reason he felt reluctant to do so. Maybe he just didn't want to get to attached to them. He had few friends and he had even fewer friends that he would trust his life to. Probably some lingering affect from having been alone so long.

But no matter you have my respect and therefore my loyalty so I will follow you. No matter what things might have seemed Anthem did have some respect for the lighter male otherwise he wouldn't have joined. He didn't follow someone he didn't feel respect for some loyalty to. The last word indicated this as he put on a specific emphasis on it. Anthem knew Anthena was the other leader but she hadn't done anything to earn the stormy males respect or loyalty yet

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

OOC: @Anthem  Once you reply we can go ahead and archive it unless you'd like to keep going.

It's a nice change of pace having a place to call home rather than wandering aimlessly. Home. The Vuesain couldn't help but to agree with his companion at that statement as his thoughts drifted off slightly as he was once more faced with thoughts of his past and the secretive threat that clung above his head at all hours of the day like a storm cloud ready to rain on his parade at any given moment. Despite that Vespertio couldn't deny that he was in fact home. The soil and snow beneath his paws that his nails dug up with each step were his and the pine trees that now surrounded the two men were his to scratch at the bark and mark with the stench of his bodily fluids. This lake and all around it were his to roam about with Athena at his side, heads held high like the royalty they were. Just thinking that was enough to bring another small smile to his lips as his mind reeled back in to return its focus to Anthem as the stormy man spoke up once more.

"I appreciate the fact I have your loyalty and respect. Perhaps one day you shall bestow the same gift upon Athena and your fellow pack mates, but I do not expect you to soon. I was once a loner too and understand the transition from one life style to the other isn't easy for everyone." It was odd to hear the words fall from his lips, but alas it was truth that he spoke. Never before had he come to find a soul similar to his own and the lighter man had come to enjoy the presence of the newest member. That alone was a feat in itself with Vespertio's general dislike for other males and with a slowly budding friendship between the two he wondered how long he could keep that. Friends were few are far in between if any at all in Vesper's life. Pausing his steps his ebony licked crown tilted up towards a break in the canopy above to take note of the time, the sun beginning to gradually make its daily decent to beckon the coming of night. Turning his head to Anthem he offered a small wag of his tail as he turned his body towards home. "I think its best we head back before we stroll too far away. Mother nature could be unpredictable, especially in winter. I'll race you back." A small, mischievous grin then replaced the casual smile that adorned his lips.  

Without giving the swarthy man a chance to properly answer him his creamy legs set into motion propelling his lighter body effortlessly across the untouched snow, the freezing outside air stinging his lungs with each inhale he took before blowing it out from the gap between his jaws, a sense of true carefree-ness overtaking the patriarch as he ran. Only once did he steal a golden glance over his shoulder to see if Anthem had followed his spontaneous activity. Home was calling their names.

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

Home. He hadn't had one in so long that the word felt almost foreign to him, but yet here he was saying that he had found it among strangers. Or at least most of his pack-mates were strangers to him and they were likely going to stay that way unless he pushed himself to speak to them. Surprisingly he found himself more comfortable with Vespertio and the few others outside of the pack than he did with those he hadn't met inside the pack. He felt almost no connection to them but he knew that if the pack was threatened he would help protect them. Of course he would put the smaller male at his side first if that ever happened. Sighing under his breath he let those thoughts be pushed away. He wouldn't dwell on them now not when he had reached a form of peace as the two of them had walked. 

A small grin spread across the Anthem's face as Vespertio spoke, his ears twisting as he listened. Maybe in time I will but they will need to earn it probably just as I need to earn theirs. The last bit left a sour taste in his mouth. He didn't try to earn other's respect if they liked him that was okay but he would slip away if he didn't like them. But as Anthem glanced towards the trees around them he knew that he would try to, for his leader. This was his home and he would need to share it with those that joined Fallen Tree Cove. Plus if he wanted to earn a spot as guardian he would need the others to trust him to keep them safe. Distracted he looked up as Vespertio spoke once more. Not truly paying attention he was surprised by the sudden movement of his companion taking off. After a couple of seconds he finally realized what had been said and with a short bark of laughter he took off after the lighter male. Home was definitely calling their names. Now to find out which of them got there first.

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.