(See All?) Announcements
677 Users Online
Google, Bing

We'll throw stones
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(@Iopah they still need to find the cave. Yeah, I enjoyed it. Maybe a back thread with a scavenging lesson? Since Danica can't hunt anymore?)

Danica listened to Iopah carefully before responding, "But...why would you ever want your family to suffer?...I didn't even think of their feelings....just mine. I had to get away." She looked away in shame turning her head from the woman. A single tear slipped down her face. She had been so selfish and owed so much to her mother. "I wish I knew how to be a better daughter..."  She added in a whisper.

Zonta rolled her devilish eyes and explained quickly to Dani, "Your mother never loved you dear, and that is exactly why she deserves to die. It was nothing but an act honey." The bitter words rolled off her toung with an extra dash of hellish to dear and honey. The yearlings's mouth along with her throat went dry, causing her to swallow. Her exspresion changed from sad to uncomfortable then to nothing. 

"I live where ever my paws take me for that time."  She answered with a tone that left no room for a comeback. It was clear she wasn't going to change her mind right now. She was rooted to her current decision. "We need to find somewhere for you to warm up Iopah, family matters are unimportant right now. Instead you are. Your health is. Iopah, you've been apart of my life since I was little...helped teach and raise me. I guess I just wanted to say thanks." 

Feeling awkward she begun to walk again, supporting the white wolf. Admiration filled her eyes for a short moment, right now Dani was the bigger wolf. At least height wise. Before Iopah was and she guarded her from strangers and other dangers. Though this time the rolls were kind of reversed as the girl helped out her friend.She smiled softly and allowed sanity to grip her for the time.
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Danica derp, that's right! permission to pp Iopah being in the cave
I would love another thread for them, but maybe not back-dated? (Io's muse doesn't like to time travel), perhaps when the pups are older?

Why, indeed? Iopah didn't answer. She liked to pretend, to act like she hadn't heard Danica's question.

She moved on as usual, only the faintest tremor in her step now. It was true she was still chilled. The ice was still stiff on her belly and her legs moved more like wooden poles than something made of muscle and sinew. But the cold had not been enough to distract from the sound of the question and it was not the cold that she stumbled on now. The answer was too intricate to explain. The words would never leave the rattrap of her conscience in one piece, let alone be understandable. Perhaps more degradingly, she wasn't sure she regretted her past actions. If only that one decision had been made her brother and sister might be here now, and Kele wouldn't have been—

Iopah choked frantically, as if the trouble with her was something that could be retched onto the soggy snow. The concern was shied away from, pulling away from as Danica sought to worry for her. She turned frustrated, damp eyes onto the girl. A small part of her wanted to continue the discussion, but a larger part clenched her jaws shut. What she'd done was so much worse! How could she pretend at righteousness and suggest Danica do anything? She walked along with Danica and played the girls words over in her head. They felt like something she didn't deserve, but she was too weary and cold for anything but obedience.

A collection of huge rocks appeared ahead and the disheveled pair headed for it. They rose just over the heads of the two women, seeming as if dropped from a great height. In their shadows a dark opening loomed. The cave was small, set shallowly into the earth, but perfect at reflecting meager body heat.

Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(We'll see, I'm pretty sure things are going to be awfully sour between Kopah -mostly Koda- and Danica for some time.)

All conversation and worried thoughts were washed away at the sight of the cave. Danica didn't even care to respond to Iopah's choking reaction, instead she ushered the older wolf into the warmth. Inside it was dry and dark, reminding her somewhat of the Caverns. It wasn't the same beautiful tunnels though, and she could feel a touch of disappointment fill her heart. The yearling was quick to find a suitable place to lie down and set to work on warming her former pack mate with some friendly cuddling. Dani also took the time to carefully groom her in a steady fashion in order to get the job done. There was no way that she would let this particular wolf freeze to death on her watch. Or really anyone for that matter. It was a cruel death and she knew of no one deserving it. "Your mother..." Zonta echoed creepily into the cave before vanishing for the time being. Swallowing as if to fix the unsettling feeling that gripped her she pushed the memory to the back of her mind.

As time ticked on and the sky darkened Danica and Iopah laid within the cave quietly. The pale girl was sure that by now the huntress was warm enough to travel home, but a yawn cut her off. With droopy lids she looked to the older woman and said, "I'm staying here tonight...you may go back to Nina if you'd like." With this last whisper of words she tucked her head safely into her warm pelt. She didn't listen to see if Iopah would remain by her or not, for she was out like a light. Her soft snores filling the chilly air as she dozed on peacefully.