(See All?) Announcements
595 Users Online
Bing

plain and simple truths — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

With his sudden shuffle forward her own body rose to stand on all fours again, though held back with uncertainty if she should follow the lead male or not while he asked if she had ventured to the marsh. At this she gave her ebony crown a gentle shake to dismiss his question. She had not thought of traveling that way to hunt with the land being nothing but knee deep water in certain spots and deeper in others where only a creature like a moose could traverse without complications and not run the risk of catching pneumonia from being exposed to chilling temperatures and soaked fur. That and Enoki lacked the knowledge of how to fish. It was a skill her parents had not passed on to her from the lack of fish filled water ways in the higher elevations of her home. There was no need to learn it when mountain goats and deer were plenty along with bison whenever the pack sent out a group down into the lower plains for hunting trips.

Shifting her amber gaze to settle on the broadness of his shoulders her head gave another shake of dismissal to his next question. "I was never given the precious knowledge of learning how to hunt in the water. Fishing was not a priority to mountain wolves such as my family." It sounded like an excuse as she heard her own words, ears briefly pressing back against her skull before standing erect again. "But i'm willing to pick up the trade if you know someone willing to teach me." she quickly added to her previous statement.

Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
He continued to gaze at her from over his shoulder, his large ears perking up when he learned that she had never been given the chance to learn such a skill as fishing. Upon hearing that she was willing to learn, his tail lifted in a partial wag. "Good," he smiled, starting to pick up his pace again. "Come along then, I will teach ya. The catfish will be hibernatin' in the reeds this time o' th'mornin', sluggish at best an' easy ta catch if you've got that beginner's luck." He cast her a wider smile, even if only for a few seconds. Luck might not have been the key to survival, but he surely believed in such a thing. Up until he had landed a position within Willow Ridge, he had solely relied on such a thing or entity as Lady Luck. Now, while he still liked to take his chances on certain things (such as whether it was wise to follow an old bull moose across their territory or if trying to hunt down a porcupine in the dead of winter was well worth it), he had matured into the next half a decade of his life with a sense of responsibility and the paternal instincts to make sure he and his pack and family could be well taken care of (for example, he helped his sons if and when they needed help in tracking something down or he kept to the background when he knew a teaching opportunity to be at hand, even if the prey in question was no match for a youth or a team of 2-3 wolves).

"Quick," he beckoned to her now with a nod, "If we can break the ice, then this'll prob'ly be th'best time to start learnin' how to fish."

He hoped she didn't have anything against cold feet or having her nose and lips feel frozen for a bit. Opportunities like this, especially with Angier, himself, rarely ever came; and, when they did, he almost always hoped, his offer would be taken up. "We can talk more on th'way an' I show ya a good spot for frogs too."

(Fade.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)