509 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chaos

mother where art thou
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 183 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
He could not help but miss her...

Nina had been the one constant in his life that he knew he could always count on, no matter what. Where Hollow had disapeared on everyone (including his new-found mate and unborn children), his friend, Ashton, was always running off (they had a rough start anyhow) and his mother had completely lost her mind just like his unknown father had, Nina had been the one woman he could consider 'family' from the start, despite not actually being related to the woman. Of course, Inali had never before lied to him, nor abandoned him and whilst he lived within Black Thorn Downs, he was closer to her then anyone else with a certain sense that she 'understood him'. Still, he missed his mother of sorts and promising he would never forget her, nor abandon her, thought it was time for a visit to his old birth home.

He did not know if he would be able to see her, did not know if he would be chased off on sight. After all, his pack and the pack he once lived in were not exactly on friendly terms and given the fact that Nina (though of course he did not know) was not actually there it only made manners worse for him. In the dead of winter, he held no meaty trinket as a buffer and came only with good intention. His movements were slow, hesitant and his body lowered with an air of submission. He waited, pacing not far from the borders of Secret Woodlands, wondering who might pick up his scent and come his way.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The mother had been in a constant state of panic ever since her lovely Pacem had disappeared, along with one of her loyal members, Aideen. With the winter months upon them, the Hervok constantly worried over her sons well being. She had no way or knowing whether he lived or if he was no longer with them...with his older brother. She didn't let such thoughts get caught into her mind for too long, fearing that she would lose the last bit of sanity that remained with her. Due to the chaos that ensued, Nina did her best to keep herself busy. If she wasn't sleeping, she did her best to fill the catches or lurk around the borders for intruders. Even though Secret Woodlands had never truly had a problem when it came to trespassers, Nina could easily remember her time in Copper Rock Creek and the injured wolves who had come looking for some help. However, as she neared the borders that day, a familiar but alarming scent filled her senses causing her to tense in confusion. Surely, it was Bane that she scented but he smelt like...like...Inali's pack.

Of course, he was welcomed back whenever he wished, but an uncomfortable feeling settled in the pit of her stomach. The mother had never found out which pack the young boy had decided to align himself with. His decision became quite clear to the golden beauty. She only hesitated for a moment before she headed in the direction that her boy was. She didn't know how to give him the news that Ashanti was no longer with them again. Though, by the scents that lingered heavily on the borders, she highly doubted his already highly intellectual mind hadn't figured it out. She was quick to make her way to his location, a pleasant smile on her face as she approached him. Quickly, she gave her affections, not bothering with formalities. In a soft voice, she spoke, "It's good to see you, my darling." It was obvious that stress had worn down the leader. Deep stress lines had made themselves obvious on her forehead and when her lips twitched up into a smile, there was no life. There didn't seem to be any light in her single emerald eye to recall and she deeply hoped that from this encounter she would be able to hold onto some happiness.

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
Ignorant was the Yearling as he padded close along the borderline, awaiting for a chance to pick up Nina's scent and to hopefully be reunited with her once again. He was not a demanding fellow and his visit was not dire or of business. Patience was on his side as he waited, only to after some time later catch wind of the exact woman he had been seeking out. He took a few long strides forth, the scent growing strongr, though he could not cross the border to meet her into his former home and so simply sat and waited for her arrival, his unknowing obvious. Although he heard whispers of tension with a nearby pack, he did not know the dire tension betwen Secret Woodlands and Black Thorn Downs. Not only this, but he did not know his mother had vanished for a second time if only due to the fact that he did not know she had returned. After all, mother had never bothered to visit him, instead seeking to rekindle a flame with a lover over her one and only child. Truth of the matter was, knowing she had returned (and not cared to seek him out) would have only hurt him, only further insure himself that Ashanti was no mother of his, as was Slyscar no father. Every manner of parenting he ever needed was standing before him now.

"Nina..." His voice purred out happily to her, his tail thumping hard upon the cold forest floor. He slowly lifted then, his head and tail falling low and his ears back as he approached. He licked at her chin, nuzzled his muzzle into her nape for a wolfish-hug. Taking a step back, he realized then how warn and unhappy she looked. What was wrong? Something horrible must have happened or the pack certainly was not caring for their Leader as they should. His over protective nature gets the best of him and he tenses with uneasy, eyes shifting momentarily out towards the territory as though looking for something to blame for this mess. "Tell me whats wrong..." He speaks his demand lightly, wanting to know what had become of his valiant Leader former Leader.
(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2015, 02:16 AM by Bane.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

A content sigh slipped past the woman's lips as she made physical contact with someone she cared about. Lately, she had been so concerned with looking over the pack and making sure their appearances were strong, that she had completely forgotten about her own health. It was probably why she looked as worn as she was. Still, the tired smile remained on her lips, even when her son asked her what the matter was. He was a smart boy, especially when it came to her mannerisms, there would be no point in lying to him to remain standing. So with a soft sigh, she replied, "Koda has risen to power once more...and...it seems that him and Iopah are together. I confronted them both about it and Koda says that he most likely won't be staying for the winter. The pack won't have a male lead...and if that happens...I'm worried about what will happen to the pack." She admitted her worries to him, finding no point in hiding what had been happening while he was away.

The only thing that concerned her was that he would tell Minka of the news and that would be bad, for Whisper Caverns and for Secret Woodlands. If it was obvious that something was wrong, then it might raise some warning that would signify that they were weak enough to attack, and that was something that Nina didn't want. So steadily, she spoke again, "I'm assuming you know that Secret Woodlands and Black Thorn Downs are enemies...you mustn't tell any of this to Minka...or Tokino...please?" Her single eye plead with him. Nina had taught him to be loyal to his pack and the Hervok wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to go on. It was how he grew up and the mother wouldn't blame him, but she wanted her pack to thrive and if there was weakness, then she didn't know what to do. Sighing softly, her dull eye stared at him, "I'm glad you're well, my darling.... Are you planning on gaining a role soon?" It was no doubt that he was a worthy Guardian, it was his nature, but she loved it when he spoke well of himself, it just let her know how well he was doing.

Inactive Deceased
Bane
The frown over his expression deepened, the news of Koda's return only to spat in her face once more. He had abandoned her and their pups once (and Hollow to do the same) only to return and run off with another woman as though to spite her and in Bane's eyes, further prove how much of an asshole he was. His lip quivered, though he said nothing on the manner. It was a bad situation and although Bane had meant to do good, it seemed leaving Nina here (even if it was her own pack lands) had not been the better option for her.

"I wont." He insures her, his burning orange eyes moving to focus on Nina's features, to meet her gaze, to let her know he would never betray her. "Your my family. My... My mother. You will always come first." He spoke, the intensity of his attention suddenly falling there after, landing somewhere on the soft forest floor between their paws. "I want to be a guardian. Tokino is training me." He speaks the words she expects to hear, a small smile fluttering over his features shortly before he in turn questions her.  Trying to lighten the air further after answering her question about his tasks, he then asks... "...How are the boys then?" He speaks of them, the litter Hollow had created though had taken no part in raising. It was Mirren who had been there at the birthing to guard them. It was Bane who helped Nina pick out names for them and after Mirren's leave, Bane who continued to watch after them as though they were his own - his young brothers, that is. Knowing fully well of course he would never be blood, he kept his distance as did he always until the point he left the pack to start anew when the boys were still quite young.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Bane was no longer a moppet that much was obvious. The mother felt a large sense of pride for his accomplishments, knowing that it had been the role he was made for since before he was a yearling. The boy had always looked after her and now he was growing into a fine young man, one that she had raised, almost since the moment he had been born. With the news of what he was training to be, the matriarch gave a kind smile, her single eye showing how pleased she was, something that she would never be able to do with words when it came to Bane. He was a good boy and he would always be, in Nina's mind.

However, his next question brought on another bout of sadness, a reminder of Pacem's disappearance. With a soft sigh, the smile erased from her lips, Nina' replied, "Silentium and Unitas are fine....but Pacem...he's missing. We have sent out search parties, but thus far we have gotten no results. " Her voice was soft, sadness leaking into her words. The disappearance of her son had hit her hard and there was not a day that went by that she did not think of him. She wished she could accompany her pack mates to look for him but she knew it would benefit the pack more if she remained, looking over to make sure that everything was in order with Koda. Especially now that she was unsure of what was going to happen with him.

Inactive Deceased
Bane
Pacem had run off, another bout of bad news he had not expected to hear from Nina's lips. He found himself falling silent, pained at the thought that one of the boys had wondered off on his own or worse... He gulped a few times, doing his best to ease the lump that had formed in his throat. "I'll keep an eye out..." He only said, one corner of his lip turning up ever so slightly. He moved then closer to her, brushing his muzzle to her cheek before licking ever so delicately to the crinkled up flesh of her missing eye, a manner in which he had done a time or two before. "I'm so sorry..." He breathes out softly with a sigh, pulling away from her at a frown tightens over his lips, head and ears perking up to gaze at the forestry around them. He knew he had to go. Explaining to her own pack why Bane was visiting was one thing when you were a Leader, but getting caught visiting your enemy when you were but a subordinate under their ranks was another matter. Offering her one last goodbye 'kiss' to his mother figure, the boy shot off back east where he belonged.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

He seemed to understand where she was coming from, for the most part, and Nina felt herself relax in the presence of her son. He was truly the only constant child she had in her life and he was not even tied to her, blood-wise, in any way. The fact that he would keep an eye out for Pacem warmed her heart and gave her a reassurance she was not sure she would have with many of her pack mates that remained with her. The stress of what was to come in the future still weighed heavily on her shoulders, but she knew that in the end she would get through it, just as she always had. Bane did not need to bother with the Woodlands…he had begun the next chapter of his life and Nina was ever so happy for him. He had gotten what he wanted and that was what she wanted for him. Of course, he was a man of duty and alas, it was time for both of them to return to their lives.

Nina was quick to return the kiss that was given to her. It warmed her heart to know that he was so readily give her such affections and she watched as he disappeared out of the thickets, a skill she was sure he had perfected by now. Softly, she whispered to herself, after her son, "Please by safe, my boy. I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost you." With her last words echoing like a prayer, the Hervok turned on her heel to return completely to the pack lands. It was time to check up on those who remained.