(See All?) Announcements
1,585 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Google, Magg

All your angels on the edge — Sierra Hills 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Sorry for the delay! I think for consistencies sake, this should probably be before the OTB meeting where Nayeli told them what happened, otherwise, he'd probably put 2 and 2 together. Just let me know when you want to wrap this up - I'm afraid he isn't sympathetic enough to help her too much. :p

Serach did not enjoy feeling on edge. His life was boring, to be sure, but there was something to be said about security and familiarity. The very idea of potential attackers lurking in the woods near the Bend was more than enough to set him on edge. His runaway pack mate was virtually forgotten in light of this new information. Instead, all the yearling could think about was getting back to Triell and letting him know that they would need to be on their guard in case the stranger's attackers decided to venture further west. Pacing back and forth in the snow, he was barely listening to her anymore - not that she was saying much. She didn't know who had attacked her, only that it had happened further east than where they were now.

The boy stopped pacing, though, as he registered her last words. She had not been alone and she believed that she was still being chased. He stared down at her with his pale yellow eyes. He felt sorry for her, but ultimately, it was not his concern. "I see," he said, his voice a bit less brash than it has been previously. "I'm sorry that's happened to you. I hope your friend was able to find safety." He was naive and inexperienced in many ways, but Serach doubted very much that this friend had been able to get away successfully. It was probably the only reason that Skadi, with her injured leg, had been able to outrun them at all. Good thing for her that winter was coming to an end and she would be able to find enough food to scavenge on for a while. "There's a pack in the foothills of the mountains west of here. Maybe 4 or 5 days travel, probably a little longer with your leg, " he glanced down at the injured limb in question before looking back at her. "They might be able to help you get better. Maybe help you track down your friend if she's made it to Relic Lore." It was the best he could do. He wasn't going to take her back to the Bend, not with the possibility of her presence bringing down the wrath of whoever was chasing her.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Emma who has 26 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Skadi
@Serach that's ok, she got what she wanted anyways!

Her breath held in anticipation, yellow eyes rising to the youths in appeal. Skadi had to try to look hopeful for any help Serach could give, and she genuinely wanted usable information from this meeting. I see, he said. Skadi allowed a smile tense with unease. She was worried he had seen through the act and she shifted in fear, preparing to run if she needed.

The breath came out in a whoosh. "Thank you," She said earnestly... for giving away your fellow heathens. Skadi glanced west when he mentioned the direction. Nayeli had said the red hills, not the base of some mountain. There was no intention of going there, but the information was filed away just the same. The way it was offered was what caught her attention the most. Maybe 4 days, maybe 5 days, probably a little longer. She turned back to him with queer expression that could have come across as anything. That was an awful lot of hedging. Clearly he didn't know for sure, clearly it wasn't his pack.

"Well hopefully it's not too far," She offered back, the words smooth on her tongue. "But I should get started." After all she had an appearance to keep up and information to relay to @Garmr now. Skadi subdued a reply as he gave the tentative promise of medical assistance. She didn't trust herself to reply to that, as if she'd let one of them touch her. "I never had a chance to get my friends name, but if you come across another woman could you let her know I was looking for her?" Skadi smiled at the vision of Nayeli's face when this youth passed the warning along. "My name is Skadi."

And then she was gone, sliding down the snow-capped hills. Eventually she passed out of sight and continued for another hour before veering around. The pack was right where promised, the scent the same as the youth she'd just met, the one who would be warning Nayeli of the danger. Perhaps she could leave another, more blatant, message? Her teeth ran over an oak sapling and she considered.

-Fade out-