(See All?) Announcements
670 Users Online
Bing, Saoirse

a fool's game — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Paige who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Jax Saturnin
It was calm. The day was a beautiful, if still bone-chillingly cold, day, the likes of one that the inhabitants of the forest had not seen in quite some time. Sunshine filtered through leaves, leaving a beautiful effect of sparkling white snow on the ground below, broken occasionally by a bounding squirrel or a low flying bird. The land hummed, whispered, and sung with the peaceful symphony of life, no doubt an ode to the glorious day. 

"A one, a two, a one two three!" It was with those dancing words that the calm melody of the forest was shattered, and a new sort of song took its place. "Hey there world!" sang the wolf as he jumped out of the bush he had been hiding in, sending the previously inhabitants of the area scattering in startled fear. "What's new today? I thought we all needed some entertainmeeeent!" Jax Saturnin was now trotting across the forest floor excitedly, an energetic bounce that almost sang of his joy as loud as his voice. "Such a thrill! Such a rush! So much better than this forest lying dormaaaant!" Pausing in his steps, he stroke a pose, lifting a front leg with a quick and dramatic flair. "You see I have no other want, no greater desire, than to make sure all my friends are happy as meeeee!" The voice crack at the end of that last word put a slight frown on his face; he was going to have to work on that note, that was not acceptable, oh no. But no matter, on with the show! 

Voice rising with every note, swelling with every word, he was gearing up for the finale. "I have the knacks! The prince of lax! You might ask how I do impact! It's simply! For! I! Am! JAAAAAX!" The last grand note was accompanied by a leap, twisting in the air and landing in a bush. The move scared out a group of quail, and the cheery, if not obnoxious, effect the song had was flushed down the drain when Jax grabbed one of the fleeing quail as it rose and pinned it down underneath his paws. "Next time there's a wolf putting on a show, dear, I advise you watch from the air." 

A couple minutes later, the wolf emerged from the bushes, humming his little song merrily as he went on his way.
(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2015, 03:50 AM by Jax.)
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

...where is my mind?

Borden had not meant to wander too far, but what had once been a simple leisurely walk that trailed Narime's turned into a rather grand excursion. It ended up with him stumbling upon a very, very familiar part of the Wildwood. He spun about to look from where he had come from, frowning as he swore to himself that he had been here before. Within a matter of seconds, though, he was back to pressing onward, hoping that something would come to mind. In years past, he had been through the area on only a handful of occasions, the most important of them being the very night when he, Jaysyek, Vlarindara, and Raigo traveled westward to establish a pack of their own.

Had his memory been much better than it was, he would have recalled this particular formation of trees being the very place where the three of them had once rested. What crossed the forefront of his mind, however, was curiosity as the sound of another singing at the top of his lungs. "Such a thrill! Such a rush! So much better than this forest lying dormaaaant!" Borden's ears swiveled to and fro, trying to locate the stranger and determine if he was coming or going.

""I have the knacks! The prince of lax!," the singing continued. "You might ask how I do impact! It's simply! For! I! Am! JAAAAAX!" "

The Lyall tilted his head, staggering forward with the sense of wonderment painted all over his masked face. The twittering of quails and the frantic beating of wings had definitely caught his attention now. Jax, the man had bellowed. Borden didn't know any Jax's - he stopped, his tail stuck at an angle in mid-wag - or did he?

The world was silent for a while, the air too cool and still to be considered "normal" or of the nonchalant kind. Before the patriarch could convince himself that he should probably get going and start heading back to the Caverns, the rustling of some bushes had the older male bracing himself for the emergence of a spooked deer or something just as big. Instead, it was another wolf who had a spring in his step, the scent of fresh kill and plucked feathers on his coat, and a happy song to sing or, rather, hum. The older male loudly cleared his throat, not wanting to say anything out loud to interrupt his little tune. Something non-verbal, he felt, was much more appropriate and courteous to begin with.

"Hello there?" he called out to the silver-backed male. "Excuse me? Could I... ask you something?"