617 Users Online
Bing, Google

Kindred Spirit — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
All welcome!

With a long stretch and a soft yawn, Jynx arose from her resting place. Sunny days were rare in the middle of winter, so she had taken advantage of this one to sun herself upon a large, flat rock. Although her pelt was thick enough to protect her from the elements, there still was nothing quite like the feeling of natural warmth seeping through fur, down to the skin. She was for once, surprisingly enough, not within the borders. Instead, she had settled herself some ways outside of them, content to be away from the others for a short period of time. She also had used this as a chance to watch out for any outsiders or rivals, who might want to come a little too close to claimed land. Beyond the border, this may not be rightfully claimed by the River wolves, but as far as Jynx was concerned, it was still her home turf.

Jumping down from her stone perch, she shook out her fur. A glance over her shoulder in the opposite direction had her debating if she should begin heading back already. Which brought a thought to the front of her mind. Activity within the pack seemed to be lacking as of late. Not that anyone wasn't doing their job...oh no. Rather, that was the young girl hardly saw any of the others...just fleeting glimpses. They all seemed to be caught up in some other, personal affair with one another. Leaving her to do her own thing. Even Karpos, the male she was steadily developing a crush on, seemed to be occupied with other things. Either that, or he had grown distant. She knew he had a sister within the pack, but when she had failed to show up for the hunt, his concern had not gone unnoticed. Deciding to test her luck and see if anyone was nearby, River wolf or not, Jynx released a soft, inquisitive howl into the cold air and waited.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2015, 04:22 AM by Jynx.)
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Jynx - I also revived Cross My Heart for them <3
kiss the ring and let them bow down

Many things seemed to have filled the young boy's plate. These things made him feel distant from the rest of his pack and that was something that he hated. Especially when it came to Jynx, whom he saw as his best friend, and how he had not seen her in quite some time. The chocolate man heard a soft and inquisitive how from her maw and he knew it was her. Was it creepy that she knew who it was based on her voice? No, he did not think so. He slowly pushed his way from off the borders and towards the comforting sound. "Hello, Jynx!" He called out with a wide grin on his face as he double checked to make sure it was her. The peppered fur that she sported confirmed his suspicion.

He slowly came to a halt in front of her, a bright expression on his face. "How have you been settling in?" Everything had started to fall into place. He had his best and perhaps only friend. He had his adoptive mother who had raised him and he had his Uncle Lachesis. He had his Auntie Naia but he did not see her often so he wasn't sure whether or not to count her. "I hope you have been well. I've been busy with border patrols and an old friend asked me to do something for them..." He trailed off, rambling as he went on about everything. He thought about the conversation between himself and Aponi. Old friend... now that was a lie.

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
It seemed like minutes, possibly even hours might have passed by since she sent her call into the air. And still no answer. Her ears tilted back on her russet and gray crown, her lips forming a slight frown. She was beginning to get lonely. Was everyone else really so caught up in their busy lives that they didn't have time for her? Or was she simply being too slow to come out of her shell? Perhaps it would do her some good to be more adventurous, going beyond the safety of the borders every once in a while. She certainly had seen her fair share of adventure while she was on her own. And while she was still young, she still had a taste for it now and then.

Finally, the approaching footfalls and scent of another announced their arrival. And who else would it be other than her closest friend himself. The familiar odor of the dark chocolate boy was soothing, yet at the same time it stirred nervous little butterflies in her stomach. Spinning around and rearing up on her hind legs, she dropped down to wrap her forelegs around his shoulders in a youthful hug. "Karpos! It seems like it's been ages. I was wondering when I'd see you again." She exclaimed with a happy ring in her voice, bottle brushed tail high in excitement. Releasing him from her grip, she pulled back and planted her hind end in the snow. "I've been adjusting well enough I suppose. But I still haven't had much of a chance to get to know anyone else." She added, with a slight edge of disappointment in her voice. She had remembered what Lachesis had said about the River wolves being busy pulling their weight. Hopefully her timing would be better in the weeks ahead. For now though, she was quite content to spend some much needed quality time with her friend.

He mentioned being busy with patrols, and she nodded to show that she understood. "So that's what you've been up to, huh?" She joked cheekily. Jynx was still trying to figure out her place, what her role might be. If she was to stick around, that is. His plans of forming his own pack, to which he asked her to assist him with, had not escaped her mind. And as time went by, as their bond strengthened, the less she liked the idea of being away from Karpos. Wolfish brows rose curiously at the end of his sentence. A friend of his she had not met yet, she assumed, had asked a favor it seemed. "Oh...and what would that be? Mind filling me in?" Little did she know that this involved avenging his dead father, and Aponi's as well. As an orphan herself, but under different circumstances, the red yearling would be intrigued.
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2015, 12:26 AM by Jynx.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
She would exclaim, claiming it had been too long since they last saw each other and he could not help but agree with her on that. The swarthy yearling would nod as his low tenor voice emitted a sound. "Yes, it has been far too long since we last hung out!" He finished speaking just as she answered his next question. It was good to hear that she was adjusting well and he understood that not many wolves in the pack knew her yet - they were all constantly working. When he told her what he'd been up to, she harassed him about it in a light and friendly way but then she asked about what the favor was. "Her father was killed by someone and she needs my help to figure out who did it. She thought I might know since I had been in Hollowheart Keep after she left and figured it might somehow be tied to the wolf who killed my own father." He gulped as he looked at her.

He couldn't remember if he had told her whether or not Shade had been murdered and that was why he distinctly left out the offer for revenge for both of them. The scent of moose caught his nose and blood followed. Intrigued with a short attention span, he started to sniff the ground, following the scent to the source to find a dead moose. "FOOD!" It was probably his favorite word as he remembered the terrible winter that had hit the winter of his puphood.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
While Jynx thoroughly enjoyed the company of Karpos, she would be the first to admit that she needed to branch out more. To form friendships with other wolves, ideally her own age. However, as it was, there currently were no other yearling females in the pack to bond with. Not that she would mind forming connections with some of the more mature adults, but a similarly aged female best friend was something girl needed. There was also Rook, the mysterious young male who she had scented throughout the territory on several occasions, but never actually met. He was a mystery to her, and she was curious of his own reasons for having joined the pack. The growing pups too, she also needed to socialize with, perhaps to pass on some of her knowledge to them.

Her rust colored ears tilted back, down against her head when she heard Karpos speak again. Her flaming eyes flicked to the side, and down. "That's....that's terrible." She paused for a moment, unsure of what to say. The dark male had never told her that his father had been murdered. It must have been very hard on him, forced to grow up without such an important figure in his life. "I wish you both the best of luck..." She replied honestly. Jynx pressed no further, leaving it for him to decide if such a personal matter should be shared with her. He surprised her with his sudden outburst of excitement, the stench of moose and blood carrying to her nose. Her wolfish brows raised up, perplexed. How could he become so excited so quickly, after touching on such a sad subject? Nonetheless, she took this as an opportunity to grab themselves some lunch, and fill up the pack caches. "Yeah, your right. It's close...." She said a bit distractedly, nose working overtime, heading in the direction of the borders, where the scent of decaying flesh grew stronger.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
(sorry this is short!)
If there was one thing that the Slayer boy had become good at, it was hiding his sadness behind fake smiles and laughs. He knew he let his emotions run high all the time and he tried to control them, he really did, but he found it incredibly difficult. He had come to terms with the death of his father even if he did not talk about it often. To be perfectly honest, the only wolves he would ever talk about it with were Jynx, Lachesis, Ana, and Adsila. With Adsila gone off somewhere, that left only three to talk to. Ana and Lachesis were always busy and so was he. Jynx was to but at least he was talking to her now. He took a deep breathe once he reached the moose.

He would wait for Jynx to arrive as well as he thought about what he could possibly say. "Are you alright?" He asked her, out of a small suspicion as to how she had somewhat reacted when he had switched topics so fast. concern filled his eyes as he gazed at the girl who was arguably his best friend. His chocolate fur remained still as his body froze while he was looking at her. He buried everything he had been feeling at that time just to listen to her and find out if anything was bothering her or if it was his imagination. He didn't like to talk about things much so if she wanted more information about his past, she would have to ask him about it.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Let's wrap this up, shall we?
:D

Should he wish, Karpos was always more than welcome to seek her out, to open up about his emotions. He had no need to hide anything from her. Regardless of what he revealed, Jynx would not judge the dark male on how he felt. Those emotions were his, and whether they consisted of sadness, joy or guilt, he had every right to feel as he did. But at this moment, here and now, the time wasn't right. Ever since he had caught the scent of food, Jynx had refocused her attention. She was bound to track it down and grab themselves a meal. She had hunting skills to hone after all.

"Huh?" She queried, pausing with one fore paw lifted mid step while she looked over her shoulder at him. Bright yellow eyes locked with his earthy ones for a moment, showing nothing but curiosity. "Oh I'm fine. I just get distracted when I know there is prey nearby." A wink of an eye followed, to help to try and melt away his concern. Perhaps he hadn't heard that she was pursuing a role, after her time spent with Kisla. But maybe Karpos would catch her drift and figure it out. Out of the corner of her eye, up ahead a shape stood out. There wedged awkwardly between two trees, laid the carcass of the moose. "Looks like we found it faster than I thought we would." She said while stepping closer slowly, naturally on guard due to the lingering scent of coyotes. A good look inspected the body, noting that several of the ribs were cracked or crushed. "It must have gotten trapped here some time ago. But, it's ours now. Let's eat!" She did a bouncy little dance around the animal, before taking up a position at the haunches to dig in. 
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Jynx - One more round after this then we're good? I wanna get to a thread on the new territory between them
i can show you how many moves to check mate

The youth remained shielded as he felt comfortable with, his mind on food instead of all the emotions he had tried so hard to lock up inside. He called it compartmentalization but really, he was just running from everything that made him hurt or angry. She soothed any worries he had when she spoke, mentioning being distracted by prey and then winking at him. He would grin at her as he spoke. He had not heard that she was going for a pack role, so it was all news to him. “A huntress are we now?” He would tease playfully as he poked his paw at the moose carcass. “I hope it all goes well for you, and fast too, my guardianship is going slower than I would have liked.” He would say as he took a small bite out of the moose.

The chocolate boy could feel heat rising to his cheeks as he looked towards the brown femme. He felt something for her, because she was his best friend. What he couldn’t be sure of was how deep these feelings for her were. He felt like he could trust her with anything, from his past to what he hoped for in his future, but he couldn’t be sure if this was just as naïve as it had been when he felt he could trust Aponi. He had trust issues; it was as simple as that. Perhaps one day, maybe soon or in the future, he would be able to tell her what went on inside his mind. Until then, he would keep himself bottled up.

“What’s going on inside that head of yours, Jynx?” He would simply ask out of curiosity. He often wondered how other wolves thought.

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Sorry for the hold up. One more round sounds good to me!

She would nod in affirmation, a small grin placed on her dark lips. While fully aware that Karpos was merely being playful, Jynx was taking the idea of becoming an official hunter quite seriously. "Indeed. The more practice I can get in, the better my chances." She gulped down a portion of the meat and flesh, licking her lips clean of any stray blood. "Thanks, but I don't mind if it'll take time for me to earn the position. It will be well worth it." Bright, burning eyes flicked up to his brown ones, ears tipping back slightly. "Oh...it is? Well...I am sure you will make a fine guardian once you prove yourself to Maksim and Kisla." She assured him confidently, placing a paw atop on skinny hind leg of the carcass to stabilize it.

Jynx had chosen to go after the role of a hunter for simple reasons. The pack already had more than enough healers, and she had little interest in spending the majority of her time collecting and studying plants. As a modestly sized female, she certainly did not have the build of a guardian, even though her temper said otherwise. She had survived learning to work her way around danger, not to confront it head on. Hunting to her, was a rich and exciting activity. The idea of getting out and watching your prey, learning their habits and favorite grazing spots, appealed to her mind. Then there were the different hunting tactics to practice, modifying them as need be to each situation. Scouting had been her second choice, but again, there were already plenty of spots filled. She looked up at him again from her meal, not fully aware of the extent of his feelings towards her. She wasn't entirely sure in what way he meant that, but she decided to just go by the simple tone of his voice. "Plenty, Karpos. But I live in the moment...or at least I try to. I think towards the future, wondering what it will bring. And what steps I can take to better my chances of that future becoming an ideal one. Even though I know nothing is ever guaranteed."