260 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Google

strange tides,
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by wolfsi who has 51 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rift Longwood
@Vespertio 
going to have her join later on if FTC is accepting members....  

just around dusk.... 12 ° F. the weather is clear but a thigh layered of snow cover the ground, as it recently stooped snowing.

Rift moved slowly through the trees her senses work on their max, she know she had passed a bordered some minutes ago. But she had move don whit out any reason she had went in to someon else’s territory, feeling her trout as dry as if she had slowed sand. She looked around her but there were no sound or signs of other wolves only the dark trees and there shadow was too been seen as long as her eyes would allow her to see. A she got fathered and fathered away from the bordered she opened her mouthed to allow the scent of the world around her to stand more clearly for her. she paused for a moment looking down at the snow in front of her -I guess could eat the snow to, and yet if someone see me do that they might think I am trying to hunt.-  she tough as she once again move on in to the shadows.

Rift could small the scent of wolves grow even stronger and soon she walk out of the forest airier and a lake field the landscaped in front of here.  The water in the lake was frozen over tough she could not tell the thickness of the ice from where she was standing. She slowly moved closer to the lake with name she did not know. The only thing she was rely sure on at the moment was that she was walking in the mountains that apparently separated this land where only wolves ruled. Tough she was on guard the scent of wolves where stronger around the lake. She bend down near the dark icy surface looking at the ice before she whit her front paws stood on to it.

she then lifted her front body op in to the air so she for a second or tow was standing on her hind legs  before hammering her front paws down in to the ice.  She repeated this over a few times before the ice finally broke and her front paws went in to the water it wasn’t deep but it was cold and she got out of the water fast and started licking her paws trying to warm them again. Though she soon stopped and went back to the hole in the ice where she finally could get something to drink.

(This post was last modified: Feb 16, 2015, 12:33 PM by Rift.)

Don't blame me for talking to my self.
my mind is the only one who do not disapprove of me.
i guise i could blame you after all you where the one who left me.

Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Golden eyes stared at the array of oranges and pinks that lined the sky as the sun began its daily decent behind the horizon to allow its lover, the moon, to have her time to shine and cast the world in her illuminating glow. Sitting upon the roof of the pack den his head remained slightly craned to watch the fleeting light as his mind went wild with the thoughts that plagued a man of power such as he. Winter was making life difficult for the freshly formed pack that all but now was anything but a pack with only two members remaining to keep the borders marked. It was a daunting task, but the agouti patriarch would be damned to let the empire he had created fall into nothingness. He knew that if he didn't increase his numbers soon the two men that remained would be forced to go their separate ways as they said good bye to Fallen Tree Cove, forced to disband. Though, Anthem the storm pelted man may have other ideas and decide to follow the Vuesain wherever his paws led him next. If worse came to worse and they did have to leave, he would do all it took to rise another empire. If he had to overthrow another pack or if he had to bide his time until the moment was right, let it be. But he would have his empire one way or another.  

Lowering his gaze to scan over the land that made up his territory, a small huff rumbled in the confines of his chest as he watched the iced over lake create a fogged over mirror reflection of the skies above that had now stopped its constant snowing. That was when an odd object caught his attention. A dark form could be seen maneuvering through the break of trees to come to a stop at the edge of the lake. There was some movement at the shoreline and a mix of curiousness and hope of possibly having a chance to recruit a new member to save the pack welled up inside the agouti male. With quick movements his slender frame was up and making the decent along the side of the den that made a small pathway up to his perch of choice. Athena had used it many of times as her own pedestal, but now that she had left him; a broken hearted man and with all the duties of running a pack on his shoulders alone, he had made sure to remove her scent by covering it with his own. This was his pack now, his empire, his pedestal. A small leap near the bottom and his paws landing into the soft powder of snow that lay freshly fallen, sinking just a few inches beneath the surface from the lack of hardened snow crust that was yet to be formed.

Heading out for the lake the snow beneath his paws was flung behind him in his wake, holding a decent trot that would bring him to the lake's frozen shoreline in no times. Upon arriving instinctively his tail rose to hover over his spine, body standing tall and tense to alert this stranger that he meant business and was the dominate one here. Letting a bark ripple past his ebony lips he warned the wolf of his impending presence before his dark saddled pelt came into view, stopping when there was a few feet of distance between them. "What brings you to my lands?" He asked in a tone that portrayed his dominance while his golden hued eyes took note of the hole in the ice the stranger must have made which explained the odd motion he watched from the height of his pedestal.

Rift Longwood

Rift aloud the cold water to liquefy her torte and pas one down through her neck. The feeling was like a tingle in her neck and down her spine as the cold water made her shiver. As the sound of a male voice disturbed her happy moment, she spun around facing him. She evidently noted his superior way of holding himself and unsure on how to react she just stood there for a few seconds before finally falling in to a defensive stance. Yet it was not soupier her tail was lower towards the ground while the tail tip curled back up, her ears where raise up but her lips was low and therefore none of her canines where shown.  ”I am just passing through I am sorry to intrude it was never my point to cause your pack any trouble sir.” rift went out from his stance and way of talking that he probably was the alpha male. And yet his sent was off, normally an alpha would carry the scent of his pack and thereby many wolves but his sent was different tough he did carry the scent of the forest and lake and other wolves but it was still odd somehow.

his confusing scent mad her suspicious, in the past males had only cause her and her pack harm. Yet she too had met good male in between them like her adoptive father and some others after she became a lone wolf. She decided to tell him why she was passing through not thinking it could harm “I am heading over the mountains hoping to find a pack witch I can call my home. I been on my own sins I left my old pack behind” she wondered if she had said to much but done was done - the trick is to keep looking forward- her mother’s words echo in her ears, the words she had tried to live after and yet many times she had failed them as well. One of the major breaks was the fact that she still jugged males, especially dominating once, distrustful. At least until they had shown that they were not like many others, evil and power hungry. Thanks to past experience a treat she was fighting hard not to show.

”talking” -thinking-
(This post was last modified: Feb 16, 2015, 09:20 PM by Rift.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

It took the stranger; no older than a year and a loner by what a quick inhale of the crisp air revealed, a few seconds before succumbing to a defensive stance in his presence. Had he not needed to make a good impression on the possible recruit he would have forced the young wolf into proper submission, but the agouti patriarch gave her no indication to relax either as he listened to the words that left her mouth. Her reasoning for intruding so close to his border. Simply passing through while making her way over the devilish mountain to find a pack to settle in. A scan of her coat revealed that she was slender and definitely had to have been alone for some time by the lack of proper weight on her bones. A small hint of a sympathetic smile graced his regal features as he gave a small nod of his head to signal she was free to relax her body now. "The mountain is a dangerous thing to cross in the dead of winter, Miss?" Vespertio paused with a raise of his brows, hinting that he was waiting to receive a name to call her by. "My name is Vespertio, alpha of the pack that lays claim to the lake here." He added shortly, hoping it may encourage the youngster to speak more freely if he offered his name first to show that he held no ill will towards her. A good first impression may bring her back to ask for a place among the pack. And he surely hoped that she did. He needed to increase his numbers before spring came knocking on their door if he wished to keep them alive. Starting a pack in the winter was really not the brightest idea he nor Athena had and now he was left to deal with the consequences.

Rift Longwood

the stranger was right in his thoughts she was alone and hoping to find somewhere safe to call home once more. She had from the moment she saw them been drawn to the mountains so what she had told the stranger about crossing them was a lie. She had actually hoped to find somewhere to settle in them. The tall mountains reminded her about her old home before another pack had killed her adoptive father. And she had made the decision herself of staying whit the invading pack after the death of her stepfather, one of her biggest mistakes she had made. Sins she had been forced In to an omega like position in the pack. She had left them a few mounts ago witch had often put her in situations where she did not know how to react and act in the wild. Tough she was still alive, so judging on the experience she had gathered on her oven she was getting more vise and yet she was still just a pup.

as She saw his nod and the tiny smile she relaxed a little not giving up her defensive stance but her mussels relaxed and her tail waged a little. ”I know that the mountains can be rather unfriendly and kind, but they remind me of my old home in some ways so.” she paused unsure if she said too much. She looked away for a short second going-over what she just said before turning back her attention to the other wolf. Who introduced himself as Vespertio, the alpha of this pack.

as the other wolf gave up his name she relaxed more slowly letting her defensive stance slip away, but still meeting him upstanding and yet not challenging in any way. ”I’m Rift, an honor to meet you Vespertio” she replied whit a smile. -maybe I could stay at whit his pack, if he allows it.- she tough and yet she wondered if she was in a poison to ask. ”it’s an amazing territory” she said not entirely Shure how she should request to join them

”talking” -thinking-

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2015, 09:19 AM by Rift.)

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Slowly the regal male watched the yearling before him relax in her skin as she offered a bit of information about her background and life where she hailed from. His ears cupped forward to catch every word that dropped from her lips while storing them in a vault at the back of his mind in case they became valuable at a later point in time, nodding his head occasionally. So this stranger had roots in a mountain or at least near a mountain some time ago. It was no surprise then why she sought out the mountain that loomed over all in the near vicinity. It reminded her of home.

Soon she came to relax fully though kept an upstanding position upon hearing his name and offered her own in return. Rift was her name, an interesting one that seemed to suit her in a way. 'Good. Make yourself comfortable.' he mentally spoke while scanning over her with the golden honey hue of his gaze putting both pelt, name and voice into his memory for future reference should she opt to continue on her journey over the mountain before coming back or not come back at all. Vespertio hoped for the latter. Shifting his weight the patriarch relaxed his own stance to allow his tail to fall limply behind him all the while keeping his head above hers should she forget his position here. "The honor is mutual, Rift and i'm glad you find my territory pleasing to the eye." A small smile then came to grace his ebony lips before he let his gaze wander momentarily to the landscape that surrounded them as if to solidify her statement.

"You could always stay here instead of seeking a pack over the mountain." He bantered with a small chuckle that felt foreign on his tongue after the stress that had been piling upon the broadness of his shoulders. It was an invitation of sorts to the yearling and was now hers to take as she will. She could disregard it and move on to find what she was after or give up the notion and find it here within his meager ranks. But in the end all he could do is offer the invite since it was ultimately her decision to accept or not. If she did though, it would make the pack a little stronger. 

Rift Longwood

She smiled for herself as the other wolf looked around them as if he was confirming her word. And she giggled realizing that he might get the wrong idea and think she was laughing of him, she stop and flattened her ears -great job Rift just laugh him in the face, that shore get you killed he the alpha be respect full!-she scolded herself mentally. His next words court her off guard and for some time she just stood, there frozen in her last pose. Before she lower her body towards the ground, flattening her ears to the side. ”I think I like that” she replied him before she licked the underside of his chine.

know she was waiting for his reaction wondering what would happened next. Not that this was the first time she was an outsider joining a pack. However, the last time she had been much younger and just done what she seen other wolves do in front of her father and mother. After that she had sworn never to make that same mistake.  Back then she had cling to the ground the second he had approached, and that had got her stuck in an omega like possession. The fact she was and outsider to his pack had not helped either. The memories of her betraying her old pack as they fled there home after the battle made her fell ill she had made a wrong choice back then and she regret it for some time now.

she had shown him submission, she had shown him that she was letting him in control of her life. Even though she was young she believed in this male he had shown her no reason to do otherwise. If he had, she would have left him standing there in front of his lake way back. She looked out over the lake and felt at pace as the dark water was like a mirror. The sky was reflected in it and she wondered if it might be a peas of the sky witch had fallen on to the ground.  -I’m so silly, it just the water.- she told herself as she smiled. Hoping she had found herself somewhere she could stay, completely unknowing about this packs situation.

”talking” -thinking-

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

The sound of her soft giggle caused his left ear to give a subtle twitch at the noise, the corners of his lips raising a little more at the way she quickly flattened her ears as if for some reason the laugh would offend the regal man.  But before he could reassure the yearling he felt the warmth of her tongue greet the furs lining the underside of his chin, an act of submission after he extended her a place among his ranks. At first his body tensed from the lack of physical contact his body received, Athena his lost lover being the only one(and only female at that) to have graced his body with any form of contact. He could still remember the way her cheek would brush against his to send a wave of shock down his spine that made every hair stand on end. His body didn't react that way with Rift's touch and he remained silent for a moment before relaxing his muscles before the young girl could get the wrong impression from his sudden change in body language.

With a neutral expression now adorned over his facial features Vespertio allowed the tip of his bottle brush shaped tail to give a gentle wag. He had managed to obtain another member to the pack and with it a little less weight could be felt upon the tops of his shoulders, but he was not in the clear yet. Ahead of them came the remainder of winter, a time he would have to make sure they saw to the end. Mouths would need to be fed and with the disappearing members it had left the pack cache lower than he would like now that fewer members were capable of filling them. Then there was spring just over the horizon that would send the females of the land into a frenzy who were of proper age. More established packs would be securing their bloodlines and what of Vespertio and his bloodline? No such talk was made while Athena was around and in the back of his mind he wondered if that was a reason for her sudden departure. Did the woman he love in silence not wish to further their bond and bring forth a brood of their own to show the world that Fallen Tree Cove was thriving? There was much thought to be thunk and now was not the appropriate time to do so. Spring was still many moons away.

Glancing down that the yearling at his paws a smile soon became apparent again, a gentleness glittering ever so faintly in the golden pools of his eyes. "I hope you come to enjoy it here and make the lake a permanent home. You may follow me back to the den after I do one small thing first." All that was left to do now was give Rift the scent of Fallen Tree Cove to let others that cross her path in the future know that she had sworn her loyalty.  

Rift Longwood

after I do one small thing first, his words made it seem like Rift had just fallen from the moon. She was not sour what he meant to do, a fear sprouted in side of her if it was some kind of test and she failed it would she lose this pack as soon as she had join it?. “what exactly is that?” she asked trying to keep her voice in control witch did go pretty well. As he looked at the male and yet she did not make eye contact at least not completely sins he looked at his face as he talked to her.

she stepped a little back, she did not straighten up completely but nor did she stay close to the ground. She remained in a position witch made her smaller then him. -what am I gone do if he puts me on a test and I can’t complete it? Will he see me as worthless and chase me out?- Rift toughs started forming a mini storm in her head. It wasn’t that she doubted Vespertio, she trusted him but she worried about having to walk alone gain it was hard for a wolf whit only little training. sour she could hunt smaller animals and so but it wasn’t a lifestyle she liked or wanted to return to.  She felt her toughs grow quit as he remind started replaying the time she had spent whit the other lone wolves in Relic lore,  Ceara, tag and even the cruel and unpleasant primrose.  The toughs of the wolves she had met maid her relax and have hope. She had killed a buck whit Ceara, she had saved primrose from drowning in the ice cold lake water. She grew confident whatever he had in mind she could do and she would serve her new home whit her entire soul.

”talking” -thinking-

(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2015, 10:45 PM by Rift.)