(See All?) Announcements
787 Users Online
Bing

like fire — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

The air was beginning to change – soon, spring would melt the snows away.. and once it began, the she-wolves of the pack would begin to hit their heat – or, Aesire would. He knew very little of the silver she-wolf, and it seemed as if she avoided him more often than not – and yet he wondered briefly if she would be keeping the other subordinates of the pack in line and keep them from theirs. Borlla would become aggressive in the past at times – often enough, it prevented the other females from even having their heat..

.. But more importantly, given he had founded this pack, and given he had given her the opportunity to her throne – Aesire seemed to have no intention to seek him out and ask him of his plans for this breeding season, or if he held any intention to procreate or take a mate -- let alone share what hers might be. Instead, she seemed content to simply do as she pleased.

With this alone, it became very obvious as each day passed that the two regal’s might indeed clash – and during his initial heartache of having lost Borlla, he had come to the conclusion that the trio of pups were his last. Now, with the vigorating winter winds slowly desisting.. and his previous intrigue with Seraphina, who had awakened him at least to the idea that perhaps he was not as settled in life as he had thought, he was uncertain now how he wanted to proceed.

Somehow, he felt though, that the leaders were about to clash in this aspect. Tilting his muzzle back, Phineas howled for @Aesire – wondering if she would even answer his call. The grey clouds rolled above, signifying that flurries might come upon them.. but the ivory leader was far more concerned about the potential brewing storm within his own ranks.

(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2015, 03:02 PM by Phineas.)

Played by Namara who has 114 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello

Aesire had not been avoiding Phineas on purpose, their paths simply never crossed. The woman had been working in every aspect while preparing for the constant threat that was Aestyn who was right below her in rank. She was terrified of the rank challenge that might ensue if Aestyn could work up the heart to do so. With everything on her mind, she had scarcely stopped to worry about breeding season or the fact that it was right around the corner. When the call rang out across the territory, a bit of concern instantly filled the young alpha. Aesire broke into a sprint towards the source and soon arrived, giving a nod of respect to the man. "What can I do for you, Phineas?" The words were simple as she needed to get the point fast. As usual, she liked to keep herself busy and tended to avoid the social conversations with others. Ace had been the one exception to that since her decrowning and banishment from Heartbreaker Col.

Aesire stopped to consider possible reasons for her being summoned by the other. "I hope I haven't done something wrong. I've been working my hardest to keep everything updated and making sure others were pulling their weight. Then I do training with Ace to prepare in case Aestyn challenges..." She spoke the words fast as she could only seconds after her questionn the self-doubt started to settle in, revealing the insecurities that she felt about how much control she held over herself. A small spark of worry hit her eyes. "Sorry, getting ahead of myself." She murmurred the apology as she looked at the young Argyris man.

[Image: MruC0QZ.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Phin's a douche. :(

She came – that much, he could at least appreciate. However, there was no greeting – she offered but a blunt question, and a frown marred the feature of the regal male. He could appreciate getting right to the point, never having been one to discuss niceties with strangers.

The problem was, he did not want Aesire to be a stranger, and she seemed intent on keeping it as thus. She continued forward, rambling slightly about a few things, and stirring the male to wonder what truly was going on in the she-wolf’s mind. She seemed on edge that she would be challenged.. and for a stolen moment, the ivory regal thought if her comrades did want to overthrow her.

I thought to steal a moment of your time to get to know you – you are a member of my pack, after all, he murmured, the hint of assertiveness making its way within his very words -- his pack.. not their pack. He had, after all, been the one to lay claim to the Plateau. He had been the one to discover it.. to uproot his family and begin a fresh life here. He had been the one to insist the females sort themselves finally, after squirreling around the possibility for weeks.

Now, he needed to know her intentions – and thus far, he would simply wait and see what reaction his carefully chosen words would wrought forward, and how she would take them. The upcoming spring could prove to be an interesting time – especially, given in all of his years as leading, this would be the first time his mate was not by his side for the season.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2015, 03:01 PM by Phineas.)

Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello

The esteemed patriarch of the pack frowned at her question which made a sense of confusion glimmer through her eyes for a split second. Why call for her if she was not needed for something? Aesire had been new to leading and what she had been taught by her parents did not help in that regard.  He spoke, wanting to get to know her which seemed reasonable enough. He made sure to emphasize that the pack was his, and his alone which Aesire was holding no illusions to. The fact was she was a stand in until he found something better, someone he wanted ruling beside him. She was starting to get the feeling that it was not her. "Yes, of course. What would you like to know?" The girl was starting to tread carefully as she kept her calm on the outside, suppressing all of her worries to the back of her mind.

She began to think about what he was hinting at with such a vague question. She considered the fact that he might have found someone to catch his fancy with the possibility of the man asking her to step down as alpha for the other to take over instead. She also considered that maybe he just wanted to get to know her since they were leading beside each other. Then it hit her, winter was ending and spring was beginning. Aes would do what she had to do during the spring, but she was not sure what it was she had to do at that point.

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

The ivory wolf was perplexed at best – her reaction to his comment did not seem to deter her nature at all. If anything, it only solidified her resistance of rising to the challenge.. and yet something  within the Argyris man did not trust her. Something he could not place his paw on – but something he wanted to eradicate greatly for the future of the pack.

She seemed amicable enough to his general request, and relaxing slightly, the regal gave a small nod to her. Why did you join this pack? It was of general curiosity that he asked – though he did hope it would offer him some insight to why she kept mostly to herself. Aesire was a respectful leader, perhaps – but not one he could truly judge, as she seemed to avoid holding any form of conversation with him.. Not that he had sought her out before, either.

She was young and likely ambitious. What that meant for the pack, he was uncertain.. but what had seemed logical during his heartache and loss of Borlla for allowing another she-wolf to take reigns and even provide the pack with a litter seemed almost threatening now – as if his own placement within the pack was on the brink of chaos.

If that was what Aesire desired, and whichever lover she was with (he did not believe it to be Tannis, so it left only Heigen and Ace) thought this to be the case, they would be sorely mistaken.

He was a man who had raged many a battle upon other packs – and he was still in his prime.

Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello

The man seemed almost suspicious at the answer that she had given him. She lifted her head up a bit, keeping a slightly cautious look in her eyes as he asked her why she joined the pack. "I'll give you the short version, but I will give you the long version if you ask for it." The blunt statement fitting the level of uncertainty that she had suppressed for all of this time. "I was raised in the mountains and loved heights - hence coming here. I'm not going to lie, it brings back terrible memories but they are few and far in between because this is not the place I once called home. This is the place I call home now, and that is all that matters." There was a certain level of certainty in her voice as he kept her breathing held and shallow when she drew in breathes.

"May I have a turn? Why did you move your pack to the mountains?" She remembered her conversation with Ace when it came to how Silent Moon Plateau came to be. There was one thing that had always phased her in that regard. She understood moving the pack, but to move it to the heights after remaining solid at ground level... why? If he was getting to know her, she would take the opportunity to do the same. Briefly, Aesire thought of telling Phineas about her cousin since Heigen had been asked to keep their relations a secret but now seemed hardly the time for that. She could feel the tension surrounding them. She kept herself held up in a proper way, as she had been raised to do. That was the only thing her parents had truly taught her.

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Cold Phineas is cold. :c

A stoical mask kept himself guarded completely -- but had it not, his wolfish brows would have lifted in surprise to her words. Why give the short story.. and offer the longer story, only if asked further? It stirred a hint of suspicion in the beast's chest, but as her tale went on, he would settle for the simple reason that she did not want to relive her past -- but he knew he would always wonder why. What secrets haunted her? What ghosts had she possibly brought to the Plateau with her..?

Shifting his weight, the Argyris only gave a light tip of his muzzle in indication of accepting her story, and having been an attentive listener.  His ears preened forward at her own returned question, and he did not hesitate to respond. Silent Moon Plateau was created as a haven for my children to escape the memories of their previous home. My ex-mate and I lost our first born son in the winter before last, and it took a turn on our mateship. We tried to work it out.. but even after having another litter, it was not enough for her, and she left without word in the summer, leaving me to raise our children. Silent Moon Plateau is a kingdom they can grow in.. and one day, rule as their own. His fiery eyes swept over Aesire awaiting her reaction to this -- of his intentions to see his children raise to leadership.. not the ones of the she-wolf who had come to her title only after his encouragement.

Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello
Cross my heart and hope to die
burn my lungs and curse my eyes

He would answer her question in a quick and efficient manner as he talked about the safe haven he had created in the mountains. A small smiled would creep across her face as she listened to the tale. He had done something with the heartbreak that would cause most other wolves to crash. "That is a very inspiring tale. Celandine and I had a talk a while back and she seemed worried that I would keep her from the throne when she came of age and I assured her that I would hand it down to an Argyris when they came for it." The words were carefully thought out from months of going over them in her head. She had no right to keep the blood-crowned princesses from their throne just as, if she remained in Heartbreaker Col, no others would have the right to take it from her.

She often wondered what other people's views on her were and she knew what most of them were. Phineas seemed trying to intimidate, in her mind it was more of a threatening tone than one of intimidation, her which did not sit well with her. Was she that bad that he felt the need to act this way? She should have been more present and known and open but she found that it did not suit her, not since her life as a lone wolf had adapted her personality. "Your turn?" She asked in a soft voice as she listened intently. She would sit down, her mind running through all of the different possibilities as to where this conversation could lead.

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
The silver she-wolf was quick to pick up what he had laid down before her – and while he believed she felt the words that came from her slender muzzle to be true at this point in time.. he had a feeling come the time of breeding season, and whatever might occur after, she would feel very differently when her own brood were about.

I’m glad we have an understanding. He would not skirt about the subject. His eyes regarded her brazenly, his tail giving a flippant flick before giving a nod. “I won’t keep you any longer,” he determined then. No doubt, she would go back to avoiding him, as she had seemingly done before. Yet as far as he was concerned, this was where he would leave the conversation. Aesire was a wolf he respected – to an extent. She had done well in fulfilling her role and everything asked of her – seeming to love her pack, though she seemed nervous about them at times. It seemed strange to him – for a subordinate to accept this nervous and avoiding nature as dominance.. but then again, he also had to encourage the she-wolves of the pack to push themselves to even attempt a stolen moment on the throne.

With what he had to relay out before them – he could only hope this would clear some of the air for them. If Aesire desired to fulfill her crown even further.. she was certainly welcome to. But he would do everything in his power to ensure that one of his children were upon the throne as lead before his days were done upon this earth. With a nod, the large beast swept away from her then, stealing back toward the den he had claimed as his own for his children.