875 Users Online
Google, Finley, Bing, Jadon, Sophrosnia

Separate Ways — Clandestine Brook 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
@Rift
Let's finish this up real quick shall we? I liked you idea that should Ceara come back on this can just happen after that. :)  Sorry this is a short one!
Word Count: 173

While Rift and Ceara weren't paying attention, Tagg slipped off.  He knew they'd only allowed him to stay out of pity. He didn't want to be a bother, so he figured he'd leave. We can't be the only wolves around. He thought disparagingly. Somebody around here might not find me so suspicious.   

His tail brushed the ground as he wandered aimlessly into the snow, hoping he was still headed north.  It didn't take long, though, before his legs buckled and he face-planted into the snow.  Tagg pushed himself back to his feet and stumbled forward a few more paces before collapsing again.  This time he didn't bother getting up, instead tucking his legs underneath him and curling into a tight ball.  He laid his ears back against his head to  try to keep them at least a little warm.

The brief thought that he might not get up in the morning flashed across Tagg's mind, but he nixed it. Stay positive. He told himself. Things will be better after you get some rest.

Thought
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by wolfsi who has 51 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rift Longwood
@Tagg I kind of made you head for the mountains (or at least in that direction) if you don’t like it tell me and I change it.

Rift saw Tagg leave out of the corner of her eye, while Ceara and her where talking about where to go next. The deer they had killed where almost gone and it was time to move on tough they did not seem to agree on where to go. Ceara wanted to go longer in to the forest to find a pack as fast as possible, she kind of mange dot get her to tell where she wanted to go. Tough rift wanted to head for the mountains witch could be seen in the distance. Then they made their last goodby whit a sore heart rift grab a piece of meat from the carcass kind of feeling bad for being so hostile over for Tagg. As she parted from Ceara she mentally pined her sent and looks to her memory never wanting to forget her first friend in this place.

Rift ran after Tagg whit the meat piece in her moth the red blood staining her fur making it appear red. As she finally cough up to him he was laying in the snow - what is the idiot thinking?- she toughed as she walk up to his side dropping the meat in front of his nose.   “don’t sleep in the snow, you freeze to death.” she said poking him whit her paw. She looked on in to the sky as she wondered how for she would have to walk before she would reach the mountains who seemed blue in the horizon. “I am heading for the mountains, if you are going the same way we could walk part of the way together” her words died out in the end kind of embraces to ask him after all she had not shown him friendliness when they first met. She looked at him awaiting his answer

”talking” -thinking-

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2015, 08:15 PM by Rift. Edit Reason: spelling )

Don't blame me for talking to my self.
my mind is the only one who do not disapprove of me.
i guise i could blame you after all you where the one who left me.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
@Rift sure that way was where I was thinking too, since that's where our packs are.
Word Count: 226

Tagg started.  He hadn't noticed Rift's approach, and was startled by the piece of meat he found in front of his nose.  His stomach growled as he looked up at the female, standing over him in friendly way.  "I'm confused." He said slowly. "But thanks.  I'd like that."  He didn't even try standing up; he just took a mouthful of the meat and swallowed it.  After he'd had a taste, he couldn't control himself. He devoured the rest of it in quick succession.  Once it was gone he took a moment to lick his lips before wobbling to his feet.  It would take the meat a little while to lend him strength, but at least he wasn't starving anymore.

"Where are you heading?" He asked her, allowing his tail a slight wag.  He didn't know what'd changed her mind, but he was grateful.  Even if they ended up parting ways down the road, he would appreciate her company none-the-less.  "I've not got anywhere in particular in mind, except maybe vaguely north."

As he always did, Tagg held his head slightly at an angle to afford him a better view in front of him.  It wasn't that he didn't trust her, it was just habit that had helped him before.  Perhaps she won't judge me by my scars anymore, He thought absentmindedly, assuming she did before, anyway.

Tagg's ear twitched as he heard a splashing sound nearby.  That sounds like a fish! He thought, mouth watering at the thought of more food.  "Let's go check it out!" He suggested.

Thought   "Speech"
(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2015, 09:05 PM by Tagg. Edit Reason: Add thought/speech, incorporate hunt opportunity )
l
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Rift Longwood
@Tagg you don't have to tag me in every post i get alerts when you post

Rift smiled as the male devoured the meat. I’m thinking of going to the mountains and try to find a pack she told him as she looked longing at the mountains. Wondering if she would ever be able to find a home there. Yet she hoped that she would not have to travel beyond them she did not want to get to far from them. In her, mind the mountains where beautiful and ideal for a pack. After all, she had grown up around mountains and was not in doubt about she would settle there. Even if it meant staying a lone wolf. Sh let he gaze droop to his face witch was posed in an angel to allow his good eye to see beater.

rift took little notice of his scars she did not believe he was ugly or disgusting cause of them. They made his face seem different true, but she had a feeling that there where a reason for them.  As he suddenly suggested hunting fish she looked after the sound, she was not that hungry but she decided that she might as well help him. why not lets go she said as she looked at him gesturing him to lead the way, hoping to make up for her behavior from earlier. try to get along and don’t make him hate you, cause that you already done well she mentally told herself. As she wondered about his past

talking thinking

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 279

Tagg wagged his tail as the two of them turned towards the river to find the source of the splashing.  Perhaps there was more than one?  

As they neared the river they slowed, not needing to speak the intent.  Tagg could see several fish attempting to escape from the shallow water of a small pond, where they'd been trapped by the eddy.  Tagg dropped to his belly and crawled forward, trying to avoid alerting the fish to his presence.  He didn't want to panic them and risk helping them slip back into deeper water.

Tagg crawled until his paws almost touched the water.  He paused for a moment, then lunged forward, snapping at the wriggling creatures.  He missed his first try but managed to trap one under his paw.  His head shot down, teeth closing over the delicate, scaly body.  He heard the fragile bones crunch, and hummed in pleasure at the flavor that filled his mouth.  He tossed his prey to the shore and went after another fish, scooping it out of the water and tossing it next to its already deceased counter part.  

He caught two more in rapid succession before splashing back to shore to enjoy his meal.  It wasn't until he stepped back on solid ground that he realized his paws were literally going to freeze now that they were wet.  He lifted his lip in irritation and quickly licked them clean, hoping the warmth of his tongue might help prevent this.  He looked around to see where Rift was, wondering if she'd caught anything herself.  She'd shared her food with him only a few minutes ago; he would be happy to share his now.

Thought   "Speech"
l
Rift Longwood

Rift watch as tag moved for the fish and she did not do as Tagg, in steed she moved further away from him and moved in to the shallow watered witch did not even make it half way up her legs. She move closer to where tag where mowing slowly trying to avoid scaring the fish out of the water. She mange to get close to the middle of the shallow watered pond before she just stood still waiting for tag to start his hunt witch mid the fish panic and move around the watered. She made a fast movement and grab a fish in her jaw, as it panicking swam a little to close to her. she moved backward out of the water trying to avoid stepping on anything. And dropped the dead fish witch seemed to have a shine to it when the light reflected in its shells. She stood there watching the beautiful and colorful reflection before going back in to the pond.

rift sigh irritated she had been unlucky and had only been able to catch one fish. She looked over at Tagg who had better luck he had also used a different hunting still than her. “stupid fish” she mumbled as she angry tried one more time to chat another fish. And she did mange to grab on to on but it smacked its tail angst her face lightly poking her in the eye with its tail witch made her lose her grid an whimpered a little. She blinked a little as she got looked around for the fish witch blood was making the water a little pinkish and soon she saw the dead body floating around in the water. She walk over and picked it up caring it out of the water to where she had left the other fish before taking both fish and walking back over to Tagg.

rift mumbled “stupid pests” as she made it over to Tagg referring to the fish witch had poked her in the eye. She dropped them looking at Tagg who had more success than her catching tree fish where she had caught tow, the last one binge smaller. She sat down starting to lick her legs dry after all, she had to clean all her paws. “that went…… well she said hesitating on the last part not knowing of five fish was well when it came to hunting. She looked at him wondering what would happened next would they just eat what the had caught or would he share even after the treatment Ceara and her had given him. She would not blame him if he did not she wasn’t to hungry anyway.

”talking” thinking

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 312

Tagg wagged his tail as Rift joined him.  "Going downstream of me was a good idea!" he praised, laying down with two of his fish between his paws.  His stomach rumbled.  "Five fish for two of us... not too bad at all." He agreed.  He watched as she licked her paws, politely waiting for her to be ready to eat as well.  

Even so, his hunger outweighed his attempt at being a gentleman and Tagg hesitantly began to eat, gulping down the fish in a few bites.  He swallowed the other one a little more slowly, trying to avoid choking on the tiny bones.  There wasn't very much meat, but the fish weren't exactly small, either.  He licked his lips, eyeing his third fish.  His belly a little more full now, Tagg was able to wait and see if Rift wanted some of it.  She'd only caught two, and he didn't want to be rude.  She'd made the effort to come after him and bring him some of their left over deer.  That was a good enough apology for him.

"We made a pretty good team." He said. "I bet with some practice, that fishing maneuver could be quite lucrative." He was referring to his wild antics scaring the fish towards Rift, who was waiting downstream.  If we were able to coordinate, especially if we had other wolves' help, who know how much we could catch?   He thought with relish, imagining standing in running water in the summer, waiting for fish to literally swim into his mouth.

Tagg heard a twig snap and twitched his ear toward the sound, sniffing.  Nothing of note came to his nose, though, so he figured it must have been a branch under the weight of the newly-fallen snow.

"You can have some of my last fish if you want." He offered, returning his gaze to Rift.

"Speech"  Thought
l
Rift Longwood

rift laid down as well whit a nod to what he said, perhaps she should be happier for their kill. She too start to eat of her fish.  She watch him wondering if he would join a pack or remain a loner, he did not seem like a wolf who would stay on his own but. She tried to away the larger and stronger bones in the fish, not that  there where many. And soon she too had fish her share, as Tagg commented on their team work she giggled “maybe you should wait whit the parries until we acutely catch something whit a little more meat on its bones “ . She became quiet for a moment before adding “but your right, whit some practice and a better season we could chat tons of fish.” .

Rift push the rest of the fish bones away whit her paw before she laid down whit a smile. As he asked if she wanted the last fish she shook her head and yawned. “no thanks, it all yours” she did not see a reason for her too eat it he had caught it and the meat pies from earlier could impossibly have field up his belly enough together whit tow fish. And she wasn’t really that hungry. “so Tagg where are you planning on going? To find a pack beyond or in the mountains?” she looked at him whit half-closed eyes as she wondered how a life in a pack in this land would be.

”talking” thinking

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 251

Tagg didn't say anything about her denial of his fish; he simply put it the same way as the others, sighing with content.  He wasn't full, but at least he wasn't empty, either.  It would be more than enough to fuel him for a little while, as long as he didn't waste his energy. 

He laughed with her, nodding in agreement, then shrugged.  "I'm not sure.  I kind of figured I'd wander around until I find somewhere I feel comfortable, I guess." He rested his head on his paws with a yawn.  Now that he'd eaten, he was a little tired.  He hadn't slept properly in several weeks.  He half closed his eye, still watching Rift across from him.  He trusted her, but he wasn't sure she was as sleepy as he was, and if she wanted to move on, he would follow - a least for a while.  I wonder what she's thinking about. He thought with a sigh.  Come to think of it, I wonder where Ceara went. Obviously she'd decided to head in another direction, but he wondered what inspired her decision.  Ah, well, no way to find out now.  

Tagg rolled his head to the side a bit, shifting his neck into a more comfortable position. His paws were cold, but he'd expected that.  He hoped the warmth from his chin would help keep them from freezing too badly. 

"Where are you planning on going, then?" He asked Rift, still allowing his eye to remain lazily half-closed.

"Speech"   Thought
l