536 Users Online
Google, Bing

I bring you a song and I sing as I go — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
don't mind us! just breaking the rules... nothin' to see

Spring came to the thicket the same way each year... slowly, in ways both subtle and screaming. The tightly-knit trees protected the snow. In the meadows and fields the warming sun beat down the snow, but under the sheltering branches it lingered. The paths were grainy and slushy while the unused areas stretched out as unblemished as mid-winter. A breeze fought to weave it's way through the closely grown thicket. The air was scarcely warmer and held more wet than warmth. It seemed winter would never end, but subtleties hinted otherwise. The damp air held an odor that might have come from the sun warmed trees, it could be the smell of sap rising or not. There might have been the random drop of water, snow-melt running down from the highest branches. Or it could have been the sound of snow being scuffed in the breeze.

But, there was no denying the restlessness that made the pale wolf shift over her bed. Her feet wore the snow down as she went 'round and 'round, too roused to lay down and not move. The heat from her pads had turned the snow to slush an hour ago. The sun slanted thinly in the thicket as evening finally fell. It was misery to stay cooped up here, but there was nowhere to go now. Last year had been far easier; she had stalked the territory sullen, but knowing none would follow. This year she would be followed and, more to the point, she would relish it.

The sun had slipped lower in the sky and finally fallen behind the mountain when her golden eyes probed the developing shadows just beyond the hiding spot, far from tired. She had to slip away for a moment. Iopah was used to roaming from dawn to dusk and the inactivity, combined with her heat, was driving her senseless. Like a ghost she threaded through trees and glid over the unmarked snow.

Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Iopah! Hmm, do tags no longer work?

Like the Barberi woman, he was restless. His mind was on plenty of things but one thought remained prominent as winter began to fade from the land; breeding season. He could recall talking to Nina about her unreasonable request, he could remember the disappointment in her eyes when he admitted that the Woods could no longer be his home if he could not create puppies with the woman he had so quickly grown to love, and a wave of guilt fell over him. He was not normally so pushy, especially not when it came to pack politics, but he had become stubborn with age and would not budge on his request to recreate the feelings of being a father and building a relationship with a woman who so quickly understood him. As he spoke with Nina on that night, asking her for permission, he realized for the millionth time that the Barberi woman had a hold on him that none other was able to accomplish and that she had captured his broken heart and mended it. She had been patient and understanding and in return he had given her the same amount of affection and dedication. There was no doubt in his mind that Iopah had wanted this as much as he and together they would help to build a foundation of their own.

He followed her scent with ease, the muddy slush of snow gave way beneath his feet as he navigated his way through the Thickets to where his restless woman roamed. When he saw her he paused for a moment to take her in, watching as the nervousness engulfed her but she had every right to be uncertain. Unlike him, this would be her first time. He took a few steps toward her with caution, knowing that her hormones could alter her behavior, and  watched her a moment without disturbing her. She seemed distressed, impatient and he wondered if she had been waiting for him all this time--he would no longer keep her waiting.  His thick paws mimicked her speed as he came to her side, nipping it gently to announce his presence and paused in his stride with a hope that she would follow. This was not a moment to rush, this had to be perfect. For her, and her only, he would remain patient and allow her the time and space she needed to assure him that she was ready. He was aware that what they wanted was against pack rules, the queen had made her feelings known to both of them, but at this moment these thoughts went from his head. He wanted this, and he wanted her, and no words nor requests would keep him away from creating a new and exciting future with the Barberi woman he had grown to care so much about,  "You have a habit of making me chase you," he started with a smile, his ears pressing backward on his skull while his eyes trailed her narrow frame, mesmerized by her fragrance and the very way he hoped she would seduce him.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2015, 11:43 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
lol they're temperamental, you have to "quote" directly around the name only now
little bit of PP with her kiss/bite, i didn't think @Koda would mind?

It felt so good to be moving, every little detail was both soothing and inciting. The unexpected shock of cold as alternating paws met with snow. Relief, followed by a smoldering in the still evening. A breeze, created by her own pace, teased at taking the heat away from her body. Hackles lifted as each gust dwindled away. Pale-white feet whispered a soft secret under her, the words tender and indistinct.

There was nothing but untouched snow and dense wilderness around her now. It was not a night for the beaten path; most that traveled them would not receive an amiable greeting. There was no path that lead to where she had wound up, but it wouldn't matter. The lack of a path would mean nothing to him. Neither of them had ever followed convention anyways.

The feeling had not receded in any way, a shifting just under her pelt and quickness of her breath that had nothing to do with the run. Her feet slapped the ground in steady tempo and the sensation grew. Hackles lifted sharply, blading along her shoulders then her entire back. The forest did not seem so benign and empty as before. The pressure of millions of imagined eyes pressed down and an agitated growl pressed against her tongue. Finally she could stand it no more and turned around, breath huffing.

Her eyes were wild and indignant as they met his. A moment passed and she watched him. Some deep part implored obedience, but she couldn't hear it over the pound of her heart. He approached slowly, with a caution that was deserved, and she waited. Something was shifting between them, she could sense it in his purposeful steps, her expectation and the way the forest pressed 'round them. He was still king, but not over her any longer. The indignation died, but her eyes flared bright as ever. Her gaze did not lower to him and there was a slight lifting as stance rose to her mate. They were equals in this. They had to be. She would allow it no other way.

The caress was received, vivid gold following the curve of his muzzle. An impulse spurned her and she leaned forward to capture him in an embrace. Her mouth grazed, feather-like, against the top of his muzzle with the points of her teeth carefully secured behind her lips. "You have a habit of making me chase you," He murmured, tone teasing and indulgent despite the accusation.

It wasn't a complaint, far from it, and the restless humming in her veins was back. Slowly she backed away, sly smile inviting him along into the night with her. "Something wrong with that?" She queried back, her own tone belying the fact that had no problem with that scenario. The night was still whispering sweet-nothings and she thought she caught some of the words now.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
<3<3<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A strange sound, similar to a cats purr made its way through his maw as he felt the warm touch of the Barberi woman and he leaned into her, not minding the love bites she gave in return. His pelt was thick and his tolerance for pain much higher as he craned his neck to nibble at the fur along the edge of her left ear, loving the taste of her fur. She was his everything and he was going to take this moment to enjoy her company to the fullest,   " I never said I didn't like the chase." he added with a smirk, his tail swayed slow behind him. He would have it no other way, the chase was what had intrigued him in the first place and he understood that this exact event was no different, and considering how well he knew her personality he would not complain if she preferred him to earn this moment that they were to share.

As he took a moment to collect himself, a thought made his stomach twist into knots and he swallowed thick saliva that seemed to hit the pit of his stomach like a rock; he needed to make things official. He was meaning to, and although the rest of Secret Woods and any other male who dared to approach her could sense him upon her pelt, he needed to do things correctly for the future generation he intended to create with her. "would you do me the honor of being my mate Iopah?" he asked her,  another light bump to her shoulder caused a sheepish grin to form along his maw. He loved her, and he could tell that the Barberi woman felt the same for him, there was no better moment than before they were to share their lives forever. "I want to do this right, no mistakes." and he waited once more for her to respond.
(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2015, 01:06 AM by Koda.)

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
xD @Koda

The low and throaty grow fit perfectly with the night. The light breeze was nothing more than a soft sigh over it's sound and each droplet of snow-melt rang out as a clear bell against the deepness of his voice. It slowed her beckoning pace, foot-falls lost entirely in the sound, and soon she stopped entirely to listen. The sound drew her in and, with it, the forest receded further.

She'd never been good at guarding her expression. Every emotion, good and bad alike would play clearly in her gold eyes. It was an inherited trait and she'd long grown used to it, learning to hide her eyes from those that may be hurt. That gold lifted to him now, sparkling at the proposition she heard in the answer. She shifted at her seat in the snow, feeling his loving croon make the blood pound in her veins to a similar tempo. Before his arrival the restlessness had been akin to a live wire, snapping with power but aimless. Now, with his song in her ears and scent in her nostrils there was a focus to it, but no less intensity. Some hidden and primitive part of her knew the next move, and her head started to twist over her shoulder.

Whatever her subconscious had been looking for was interrupted. The croon had stopped. Iopah looked back, brows drawing together in silent confusion. Her eyes followed him closely; aware of, but not hiding the concern that laced them. The more this night wound them closer, the less she could hide from him.

The question was asked in all seriousness, but her breath huffed in amusement as he nudged her. Slowly, on limbs that felt weak with emotion and adrenaline she rose. With a patience she thought was beyond the moment, the few feet between them were re-closed. "I would think it's obvious what my answer is." She murmured, walking alongside him till they stood perfectly aligned, nose to tail and side to side. "It can't possibly be a mistake." She pressed back with words and all her slender weight.

Her pelt prickled and tingled where it brushed his and when she finally drew back her eyes were a wild gold again. There was no part of this land she had not traveled and she loved it dearly, even now, but she had to be beyond it. She wanted to be past the sodden tracks they'd just created. She wanted unspoiled snow underfoot and not a soul within sight. Her shoulder bumped against him and her muzzle pulled gently on a fore-leg, then her own legs moved to carry her away into the empty darkness. There was no lack of companion, her head turned softly to query, "Where will we go?" It seemed such a surreal question to ask, but within days it would be their reality.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda is sooo awkward with mating lol

Nothing about this meeting was a mistake, in fact him falling in love with Iopah was the best thing to have happened to him and he never wanted this night to end. He appreciated her for not ridiculing him to ask her sooner but he felt there was no better moment then now to give their lives a fresh start. She would make a wonderful Renier,  "You will make a wonderful mother," he started, pushing his weight into her left side where warmth radiated up his elbow. He was well aware of what she was asking him, the concern that laced her face was legitimate and he would be a fool to promise her that they would be okay. Things were going to get worse before it got any better but at least, if their love was strong, they would have each other. They were crossing into unknown territory and before long, there was no way the Woods could remain their home, he knew that this worried her more than anything but there was no turning back now, this was what they wanted and he would no longer deny her what he was sure she wanted.

"We will go to where I know our family will be safer and prosper." he started, his eyes starting long into her gaze, "to the East, past the mountain ridge." the walk would be long and dangerous but he knew on that side there was endless possibilities for their growing family. With his woman at his side, there was no stopping him. "we will find our own spot of land, and together we will lead. You and I." and he leaned into her to nuzzle her affectionately, enjoying her space, before finally he pulled back to gather his thoughts. They were not here to discuss packs, and what was to happen to them after Secret Woodlands, they were here to start their future and he would have it no other way. "are you ready?" he asked her, both if she were ready to begin a new chapter to the East and if she were ready to create with him their future generation. He would not take it without asking, wanting her to be completely comfortable before the process truly began.

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
dated to march 14
Kopah puppies!!!! and I made a table-thingy for them, I'll pm the code

For a brief second she thought of the scenery. She had lived here for over two years and it was rushing by her now, fragments that would be only memory within a few days. She didn't want to forget this place and fervent wild gold lifted for one last glance. Vines and narrow limbs tangled in the shadows overhead, underfoot exposed fallen branches ghosted darkly in the night. It stretched into the night and her fragmented mind imagined all the places she slept and hunted, made friends and enemies. Familiar and bitter-sweet but not enough to retain her attention when Koda pushed against her. Thoughts of home split away and her attention snapped back to her future, to now.

The question was held by a paper-thin attention span. Only one thing never left her focus, the warm breath on her shoulder and strong musk in her nose was too strong for that. A shiver went down her spine and she turned, listening his words and remembering her question in the same moment. Our family, he had said. Something flared white-hot inside at the words and the connotation. She whined, nearly surprised when her breath, and not smoke, plumed the air.

Past the mountains, he added. Her eyes meet his, vivid with desire and glittering with excitement at their future. The proposition did not frighten her, no part of it gave any hesitation. The golden gaze was level, not flickering away in fear nor looking to the mountain in apprehension. "I trust you and I love you, I am more than ready."

He had pressed in close to nuzzle her earlier and she followed after his receding warmth now. He was too far away, the solidity and scent drawing her like a moth. She stepped forward, feet sinking into snow that did nothing for her heat. There was only one solution, and her mind had no objections. Softly, she eased alongside him, grazing his shoulder delicately with her teeth and crooning deep in her chest.

thinking this is her fade, I dunno how to drag it out anymore if it comes her turn again...
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2015, 10:49 PM by Iopah.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Iopah , one more response from you? and for some reason your table code is not working?

He leaned into her once more, a smile along his lips as he thought of what the future for them held just beyond the mountain range, far away from Secret Woods and the drama that would soon ensue after this meeting; he could still remember the words she spoke during their meeting. Thinking of Nina made his smile fade, it had been so long ago and yet it felt like yesterday when he shared this moment with the golden queen, the moment when new beings would be created. She had been the love of his life, he had plans of sharing the remainder of his life with her as mates were intended to do, but circumstances between them had changed so dramatically and there was no turning back. It was so difficult, the thought of leaving everything behind to start over anew but he trusted Iopah as she trusted him and he was confident that things would eventually turn out for the better. They had to if they had intentions of building things over from scratch. 

Sighing deep he moved away from her finally, understanding that had been coming for months now and hoping that as a team they could do what he assumed others were hoping they failed. He was a leader, and he would remain so as a father and husband and with this new pack and land, she would be his queen, as she was intended to be, and together they would build a strong and prosperous pack, "We will have to meet with Nina soon to discuss with her our plans. She will not like it but I refuse to leave these lands as a fugitive. what they were doing was wrong and yet he had warned Nina of his intentions months ago. She would not be happy, but her happiness was no longer of his concern, he worried more for his future family and the Woodlands would no longer be that, it could no longer be that. "We should meet with her in the morning, but more important matters should come first," and he moved away from their spot, seeking better coverage and space so that they could have the privacy they needed, "come, follow me." and he moved toward the trees after nipping her shoulder, hoping that she would follow him this time around.

(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2015, 06:44 PM by Maksim. Edit Reason: Broken code; fixed it up a smidge! )

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

They pressed tight, side-by-side, an ashy-silver coat mixing with one of ivory-grey. She was close enough for their breaths to mingle, the exhale of a single great beast. Close enough to feel the shift of his strong frame, the feeling sending pinpricks that pulled at her hackles. And certainly close enough to see the play of expression. The gesture so slight and nearly all in his eyes, but she was more than close enough to catch it. Her head pushed forcefully into his shoulder, letting her body drag against his, the slight flick of her tail a reminder. She wanted to wipe away what every caused the distraction with her presence.

When he stepped away she followed after. Only a second passing before she was once again snugged up to him, the length of her muzzle resting under his jaw. She didn't want him away from her now or the cold of his absence at her side. The cold was a tantalizing feeling that left her frustrated, she was ready to throw herself into the fire. His words were muffed by the plushness of her pelt, but the words were clear. Each sank in like tiny claws. Joints clenched as the old loyalties ripped loose, surely taking small bits of her with it. Once she never would have done this. Nina had taken her in, become a friend when Iopah had nothing, nothing! She would have forever stood with the woman that had come to her side in the Secluded Spring that day. But this wouldn't work. They couldn't all live together now, three wolves tied by blood and family, who carefully ignored a law of nature. Something had to give and this was it.

Iopah murmured a response, shivering at the idea of her friend as an enemy. "Maybe crossing the mountain's a good idea then." There was another noise when Koda suggested waiting till the morning, a growl that settled into a low croon. She slid sideways against him, pulling ahead to stand parallel in front of him, making him watch her every movement. Her eyes landed level on his as her tail gave another, more decisive, arc. It had the desired reaction. Koda came forward to her and Iopah spun to move with him. Clearly he had somewhere in mind and she trotted along with him, giving a side-long look after a minute and letting her pace sped ahead for a minute. Important it might be, but certainly it didn't have to be sedate, did it? She waited for the span of a second, watching for his reaction and then raced ahead again, letting her pace slow as she turned back to look at him mischievously.

(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2015, 08:53 PM by Iopah. Edit Reason: edited as requested )