(See All?) Announcements
585 Users Online
Google, Bing

Wildfire
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by bcmuffin who has 49 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

The melting of the snow on the lower lands signalled the end of winter. This was usually a time of year the girl would dread knowing there was no hole deep enough, no bush so concealing that it would shelter her from the wrath of the other females in her pack. It would seem it was not a fate she would need to endure this year, and so the brown wolf allowed herself to relax. She found herself atop a boulder with a beautiful view out over the slowly thawing lake with a contented sigh. Her winter coat had come in late, and already it was shedding with a vengeance. Slowly more wolves had come to join them, although the girl preferred to keep out of their way. By rights she knew she sat at the top of the totem pole (for now), but she wasn’t about to go throwing her meagre weight around in any way that might jeopardise that.

Her eyes were half closed when the wind changed directions, brining with it a masculine scent that caused the woman’s eyes to shoot open as a yelp left her chest. To watch her one could assume she had been electrocuted with the way she lept up, her fur standing on end and her spindly legs splayed about so that although she seemed to be standing, she was doing so precariously.

Was it the sun that beat down on her with such fury? Had the comfortable warmth actually come from a wildfire in the making that had ignited itself on her pelt? She began to pant in her panic, completely negating the fact she could smell no smoke, the awkward bundle of fur and bones flung herself into the frigid water of the lake.

Played by Becca who has 19 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Váli
He knew Haine was around. Her scent stronger than the other dirty woman of the pack. Vali knew he could and would hunt her down. After doing a round of border patrol he went after her trail. It wouldn't take the old healer to find his precious Haine within a matter of minutes. It was just his luck he had been close enough to catch her resting, that was before she decided to stupidly fling herself into the freezing lake's water.

A deep chuckle came rumbling like soft thunder. Was the woman's heat that bad? He assumed it must be either that or she truly was hot. Her scent a perfume he could no longer keep away from his brain. Prowling forward he would slide into the water with his eyes locked on her awkward form. "Haine.." Growling low and deep he offered a small wag and smirk before coming to a stop. Standing about two wolf lengths away from her precious form. "I've come home, we can be together now."

His tail raised slightly showing that he truly was the ruler here, no matter if the ranks said different things. "Now come a bit closer so I can see you better." His eyes squinted slightly and his lips pulled back to expose yellow teeth. Vali was certainly pleased but also a bit upset. It was the spring and he wanted Haine like none other but the aging healer knew better. If he didn't want to loose his life on this mountain he would have to respect the pack's laws. At least he would have to for now.
i guess i can’t blame you
but i hate you all the same
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

The bottom of the lake dropped off suddenly and her paws clawed at the sky, flailing about in the water and thoroughly soaking the panicked girls face. She whined her distress as she turned back towards the shore, but with the scent of a male in the air, even the frigid water couldn’t douse the fire that crawled down her back. As her paws found the lake bottom again she shuddered, a combination of the cold and her fear, a complete lack of understanding of the changes her body was going through with the seasons change.

A startled cough left her chest as her name was called and her eyes finally fell on the dark wolf who was now elbow deep in the frigid water. She was hit with a wave of terror and pleasure all at once and forgetting the fact she was in water up to her chest she went to fall to the ground, her head slipping beneath the icy surface, water filling her ears and her nose before she came back up spluttering, her tail slapping against the surface in a mixture of embarrassment and glee but oh how her skin burned!

She heeded his request and drew closer, her body sinking to counter the way his stance rose. She was shaking with every sodden step, her discomfort clearly increasing the closer she came and yet still she pushed on, torn between a desire to make him pleased and run far far away until the heat that burned in her veins cooled and summer was here. She simply assumed that there would be pups to keep her distracted, not giving a second thought to where they may materialise from.

Close enough now to press her side into the dark man, water still lapping at her belly, instead she chose to raise her muzzle and plant a delicate kiss on the bottom of his chin with an anxious whine. She was very glad to see him. Glad, but terrified by her own bodies reactions.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Váli
It was comical to watch her movements in the water. She seemed so hopeless and the healer loved that. If she would stay that way forever it would be easier to keep her close. Haine clearly needed Vali, or so he liked to think so did.

Growling affectionately as she was now close enough to touch. Just the slightest little kiss on his chin sent his mind in heaven and his fur ablaze. It would have been obvious he was pleased by the small ripple that washed over his skin and left his body by the flick of his tail. His tail lowered now that she was close enough to control if needed he smirked. Vali's nose finding home on her precious little crown inhaling her scent. "Haine, your scent is rather tantalizing." Pulling his lip up he offered a small nip at the base of her ear. She was so vulnerable yet also so untouchable all at once. It was rather upsetting to know that if Vali wanted her he could but having her would also mean his possible demise.

"Have you missed me?" The graying man wanted her answer. Not just her whines, yips, or barks. No no no. He wanted her touch and pure words to answer his question. If Haine had truly missed Vali as much he had her then she would at least vaguely embrace his presence. Even if only for a moment. For now they were by themselves and the man saw nothing wrong with doing what they wanted while they had this bit of privacy.
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

Samhain
is he dark enough?

Oh how she simply wanted to run and hide, bury her nose in her tail at the back of a small hollow and wait for summer to come. Maybe she was sick? She had seem wolves wracked with fever before, their wounds festering and crawling with maggots and stinking up the place. They had complained about fire… But she hadn’t been injured had she? It was clear from the way her eyes darted she was in two places at once. Memories of the angry white wolf flashed through her mind and she knew not all ailments were bought about by physical touch. An anxious whine left her chest as she turned her ears to listen to the dark man that stood before her, missing the meaning behind his comment about her scent, but catching his question easily.

For just a moment she considered answering with the fold of her body and the flash of her cream coloured underside but she was slowly beginning to grasp the weight these strange wolves placed on words (and to do so at this depth would surely result in her drowning), so instead she moved her body alongside his and placed her muzzle across the lower half of his back, her tail waving slightly completely unaware of the signal it would send and she spoke softly, her gentle voice barely travelling across the distance between her mouth and his ears. “Much.” She allowed herself to lean against the larger wolf momentarily before heading back to the shore of the lake.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2015, 02:41 AM by Samhain.)
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

The warmer the days grew the harder it became for the tawny leader to concentrate on anything with the thick scent of females in heat constantly surrounding him. Four females paraded around the territory on a day to day basis lacing every tree and every rock they touched with their intoxicating scent. It was all maddening and rose the testosterone levels within his own body, feeding the instinctual fire that gnawed at the base of his spine that begged him to let his inner beast free. Teeth wanted to dig into the shoulders of the other two males who roamed the territory to keep them up to date on who was the one in charge here. Keep them from thinking they could pull a fast one on him with one of the females. Just because the agouti patriarch had decided to pass on breeding this season(for now) it didn't give the others free reign to take producing for the pack into their own paws. The Vuesain bloodline would be the only genes passed on to a future generation if he had any say in it. Which he had the entire say.

Coming up to one of the pine trees that shadowed a section of his border a rear leg lifted to allow his bodily fluids to release and mark its rugged bark with his scent of possession. Potent as ever with his dominance in high gear thanks to the woman in heat. Bringing his leg back down to earth his body turned to drag his dull nails back and forth over the freshly exposed soil saturated with the water of melted snow. Further spreading his territorial scent not only to deter strangers from his borders, but to remind those in the pack whom came across it who was boss. Spring was throwing him for a loop this season. Satisfied with his pungent odor stinking up the area his creamy paws drifted away towards the lake, the pink of his tongue lolling out between his slightly parted jaws. His throat had become parched from his heavy marking activities and nothing sounded better than getting an icy drink from the lake. Perhaps it would even allow him to escape the teasing, delicious scents of the females ready for him if just for a moment. A breath of clean air was sorely needed before he did something he would regret.

That wouldn't be the case today. Closer and closer Vespertio grew to reaching the lake shore. Stronger and stronger the scent of a mature female filled his nostrils. Upon stepping out from the surrounding shrubbery his golden pools settled darkly on the silhouettes standing in the shallows, a snarl already threatening to pull back the lining of his lips. There was no mistaking the tawny shape of Samhaine as the female driving him and no doubt the other males insane. As for the swarthy form it took longer to decipher who it was and once he did the fur lining his shoulder blades and haunches bristled. Aggression rising under the thick winter coat of the patriarch. Not a single bone in his body liked the sight he was beholding. How close the two bodies in the water were. Without giving himself time to think rationally his body stood tall and marched forward, black dipped tail quickly curling over the spine of his back with ears erect reminding them that he was large and in charge. "And what did you think you two are doing? Out here. Alone." Presumptuous much? Vespertio didn't care. Vali would be put into check soon enough by his tooth and claws. Samhaine too if the need arose.

Inactive No Rank
Váli
(Vali's such a suck up >.>)

Her one word answer was enough to kick start his engine of a heart. Of course he would have fully chased after her had the scent of his leader not flooded his nostrils. The older healer dropped his posture below that of his alpha's own. Vali's ears lowered while still snatching every word of Vespertio's accusing voice. Vali turned to face his alpha and also look at his darling Haine. "I was checking on a sound I heard. It sounded like something had hit the water rather hard and I found out it was my old friend Haine." Nodding at Haine, with a guess she wouldn't speak out or against him. "We've known each other for a very long time and I was just rather excited to see her again. I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to take advantage of this pack's spring ripe females." Vali bit his tongue harshly to keep himself from saying anything stupid.

"I know better than going to do such an act behind an alpha's back." Lowering his position he didn't dare move forward. The aging male liked his spot in the pack (although he didn't mean rank wise) and wanted to stay on the leader's good side for as long as possible. Maybe he could find a way to try and make the male alpha believe he wasn't all evil. There had to be something the healer could do...fill a few caches? Gather any obtainable herbs? While nothing was truly ringing a bell right now Vali knew he could find something. Anything to ease unwanted tension this spring.
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

Samhain
is he dark enough?

If she had thought her fur on fire before it was nothing compared to the ripple of agony that surged down her spine and into her stomach when @Vespertio’s booming voice rang across the surface of the lake. Torn between taking another dive and greeting her leader, manners won out as her casual exit from the water turned into a childish romp, water splashing in her wake as her tail picked up in a happy wag. His displeasure didn’t even register as she all but dove to the earth in front of his paws, her tongue licking at empty air as she squirmed on her back, trying to inch close enough that her tongue could graze his toes.

His focus on @Vali caused a whine laced with a small demanding growl to leave her throat. She surprised herself with the vocalisation, her eyes going wide and lips pulling tight as she froze in place. What on earth was happening to her? Completely clueless, and clearly so, her tail continued to thump about on the snow covered ground at her back. As Vali began to speak, her confusion and distress became more evident. While her body continued to scream at her to get closer to her leader her head was completely confused as to who that wolf should be. There were one too many Masters in this space and the brown girl just couldn’t seem to wrap her head around it. Watching from the corner of her eye as the darker coloured wolf lowered his stance she decided she was in the right place for now and her tongue fell from parted lips in an upside down wolf smile at the commanding man that stood over her.

Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Upon his arrival no time was wasted with the female as she quickly came with a bound to roll belly up before his paws, a sense of happiness filling each wag of her tawny tail while her tongue flicked blindly for his creamy toes. A harsh tingle at the base of his spine made its presence known once her body was beneath his, the animal inside roaring to be set free as the aroma of her heat cycle filled his nostrils and threatened to drive him mad with..with what? Lust? Desire? He didn't know what it was that currently raced along his spine like a shock wave, filling the air around his pelt with a low hum of electricity. The needy growl infused whine that left her muzzle only adding to the tension. Vespertio had to go rigid in his spot to keep from giving in to the urges swirling inside him from her powerful scent, but his head did lower to nip along the base of her throat where it connected to her exposed chest in a preening like fashion in hopes it would temporarily feed the desires raging within her own body whether she knew it or not. Now his mighty crown lifted to settle his golden gaze on the male who was yet to be addressed.

All the patriarch heard coming from the lips of the healer was an excuse and possibly a lie. Hearing a loud splash in the water he could see as being true since both himself and Haine who lay at his paws still both held pelts saturated with water, the female more so. As for the two having known each other for some time he doubted it, but that was not the reason for his intrusion on the lakeside date. Vesper didn't care about whatever friendships were formed within the pack, it was intent only on keeping the males away from the females. Vali may not be the type to 'go behind an alpha's back' come spring, but when the females began to accept males it would be the hardest temptation to refuse. Even the strongest willed man could crumble at the scent of a ready female. With that said the aging man then lowered his position submissively which fed the power hungry beast that lay partially dormant beneath the tawny fur. It never ceased to amaze him how much he enjoyed watching others submit to him. To accept he was above them. "I sure hope not or else i'd have to run you out of here myself and if it comes to that don't expect me to make it easy to escape." He warned with a quick flash of his teeth to further prove his words weren't to be taken lightly, the same warning flashing in the golden pools of his gaze as they honed in on the lowered male.