(See All?) Announcements
358 Users Online
Bing, Google

make it dust — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tay who has 19 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Hudson Sawyer

He was cold as the moon. The wind pushed him through the valley like white-water current. If he was water, he was the coldest water, the kind that almost freezes from the oppression of what surrounds it. Cold enough to be coagulated blood. Hudson had lived in colder places, felt chill far beyond this kind. Somehow this felt different in his head, just lingering there like the sharp edge of a knife in his chest. His mind spinning somewhere beyond that, utterly numb. It was depression doing this to him. He could have told himself that. There was nothing like the thought of moving forward because there's nothing else to think about but what you've left behind. He just stands dully in the moment of his past, right after the climactic event of a murder, standing hollower than a witness.

He stands at the doorway of two tree trunks, halts somberly in their blue shadow and sits under the high, bony branches. Hudson passes a shiver through his mind, tucks his tail around his legs, catlike. He gazes out into the cupped land, knackered eyes pressed dreadfully in his snowy skull. There's dread in every blink, every shadow and highlight cast by the frozen full moon. He watches it drift over the sky like someone who's looking for an old friend in the pitch black, with only light from their hopeful eyes drifting over the ground.

"It is sad here," he whispers, watching the white words wrap around in the wind, utterly true.

Hudson Sawyer
(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2015, 01:26 PM by Serach.)
[Image: YQdb4we.png]
Played by Vami who has 46 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
i don't really live anywhere
Life since having lost her way from her home during the snow storms had been anything but easy for her. Vaeta Tainn loved to travel and yet ideally would never think to do such during the winter and while it had been around a month or so and Spring was surely coming, the young woman still felt the chill of snow and ice down her spine. Had she been on her own, it would have been less worrisome, having only a need to watch over yourself. However Vaeta had been granted the opportunity to play mother (which she had never done before) to a very important young girl, @Rory, who was the daughter to her Leader. Most of her time was spent watching over her if not looking for food or others to help direct their path back to Whisper Caverns. Right now, Vaeta was finding no such luck, almost missing Hudson completely as he blend in with the pale background of the land around them. She might of never saw him had she not been searching out for prey so intensely, instead catching his scent far before she could find his actual form. Finally then, there he was! She nearly squealed with excitement, coming in a quick rush towards him before stopping half-way, deciding (despite how happy she was to find someone) that rushing up on a stranger was not exactly a good idea. He was perfection, sitting there. So upright and so still, like a statue to this winter wonderland. She is frozen in her placement momentarily to watch him before a small 'woofing' of both greeting and concern was made for him.
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2015, 05:47 PM by Vaeta.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Hudson Sawyer

From that doorway of dead taiga trees Hudson watches something red flicker under the blue of the moonlight. Coyote he thinks, but realizes quickly the larger shape of a wolf in the ravine. He breathes in inanimate air, feels it curl around deep in his lungs as he freezes to pure marble. The scent is female and he relaxes a little, softening the brown of his eyes around her frame. The moonlight accents her health and her excitement, she's also spotted him, perhaps before his eyes claimed her. Hudson stands, tail waving slowly in the breeze. Everything about him is empty, motionless except the delight he can't hide from his eyes. After months of living in the prison of his memories, a beam of light slips through and touches him, sings him warm again. Even for just the slightest moment of interaction, a part of him is lost in the footprints that brought him, buried shallow beneath the surface of the present. With this, he knows it is bound to return, fears the slip of the end as soon as it begins. Naturally, Hudson blinds himself from the haunting truth that's been looming over him this whole way, with the only thing he can see: the sliver of hope, the one chance to speak.

Her voice croons out to him like a promise, something warm and welcoming and bright. He clears this throat, makes way in the tear-stained alley for a genuine holler of ecstasy. Huck gathers himself, keeping his gaze pointed at Vaeta while he picks his way down the ravine. His heart rattles like a tin can in his chest, kicked up by the wind and tossed into motion for the first time in a while. There is nothing more astonishing than the soul and how it never ceases to bloom at the right moment, just before it can completely dwindle away in the turmoil of hope, opening up to the brightest morning of opportunity. Hudson blooms right here at midnight, pale as the flower of death, pleading for a healing rain. Just as the younger woman comes close range, he stops and yields to her, wary of what she might bring.

Hudson Sawyer

sorry for this post, I was super distracted by James Baldwin >.>
Played by Fenrir who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lord
i want to reconcile the violence in your heart,

The world was perfect—a white-out frozen in place. Simplistic, and perfect. Elegant. White smoke rose in front of her muzzle, slipping out with each breath, counting the silent moments. She never counted seconds.

She counted hearts.

Lives.

Cold light arced along frigid crystals, glittered like painful, deadly promises in the razor-sharp edges of trees and rocks. Starlight was a cold light, and winter was a cold season, so they went well together—lethal and beautiful. The corner of her mouth flicked up in a half-smile.

Lord's a stately creature, all sturdy legs and refined, sharp lines. The copper of her fur and her eyes was dulled and grayed out, the sun's fire robbed from them by the peace of a winter night, but her gaze was no less flaming—full of star-fire instead, smoldering with whatever mysteries the season had hidden beneath feet of cold, hard-packed snow.

And she's seen them, that red girl who's the spitting image of one of Lord's younger siblings, and the white male born from winter itself. It was almost as if the snows had risen up in the shape of a wolf and gone for a stroll.

Her gaze turns aside, as if scalded by them, falls to her paws, blunt claws digging into snow. Who are they? She's never seen them before, but she's not been here long, either. She's got no right to this place, these mountainsides, and their frozen secrets; she's just an interloper.

Just like them.

A shadow at the edge of the flickering fire, a ghost haunting. Bone-white fangs pinch dark lips, a low whine rolling out of her throat. She's Lord goddamnit—what is she afraid of? What makes her hesitate upon the brink, toes digging in as if she could tumble down and fall on her head? Why is she holding back, forcing herself into this position of being the shadow—the watcher—the one who simply observes what looks like a hesitantly heartfelt meeting.

She's never been shy before. She's never been hesitant like this before. So she asks herself again, what am I afraid of?

Nothing.

Tail up, she suddenly barks, at the sky and its cold stars, at the world, at them. She's Lord, and she's not afraid.

Castrate me so I may never pass on my terrible writing skills to the children I will never have anyway.
It's like I don't know what tenses are.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
Heeeeerd dat. No time for no babiess.

i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
It does nor take long at all for him to realize her arrive, slowly standing up and making eye contact, a small waving of his tail offered. It was a good start, thus far, and Vaeta shows her happiness and excitement of this meeting by further waving her tail back and forth in a much more harsh movement then his own. It had been literally months since she had seen another wolf, other then Rory herself, of course. They had spent the last half of winter together, alone, struggling amongst one another for warmth and survival. If anything, Vaeta had taught the girl a bit about travel and hunting with so much time to spare not attending to pack duties and attending only to themselves. Now, as spring arrived and the pair had more opportunity to roam further in their search for home without freezing, she was lucky enough to find this gentleman.

There is a shiver which crawls down her spine, speckled in white and black fur. A cold breeze stirring her, giving her a shake from having been frozen in her placement, watching the snow king arch down the ravine and closer into her direction. She keeps her place this time, moving on by the waving of her tail behind her, like a flag guiding his direction to her side. Her honey eyes are soft, sweet upon him and welcoming. "I'm so happy to see you." She speaks almost as though she knows him, taking another both curious and cautious step into his direction, her other front paw lifting then for another step, only stopped by the arrival of yet another and so it lingers there in the air. As though lovers caught, Vaeta is frozen again by the sudden bark, bright eyes peering up at the woman of fire. She had not expected one wolf - but two!? How could she have become so lucky this day?! Her jaws part, a bark suddenly returned to the woman and she skips forth, closer to Hudson, her muzzle jutting to the other woman as though to 'show him' what 'she had found'. She barks yet again, though this time for @Rory to hear. The girl was safe in their little den they had made together, yet perhaps she was just close enough to hear her call and would come out to celebrate with them. Vaeta was certain they would be lost no more and yet did not know that these two were as unknown to them as they were to her.
Hudson Sawyer

The crossroad yields to him instead, waits like cautious prey does with stunned eyes and heavy instinct in shallow moments of calculation. Hudson doesn't want to make the wrong move, so he doesn't move at all and watches the fearless girl gambol forth, untamed. She unravels like a dust storm, bold as the connection of the wind. He lifts his head cautiously, more out of sheer surprise than anything else. Mildly concerned about her... forwardness. Maybe he was just stuck in the coagulation of being frozen, in mind and soul, but something about the brightness in her... It makes him uneasy. He melts a little under the suspense of her movement, keeping a tentative eye on her expression. Hudson is not willingly fooled into these kinds of tricks and malicious elements of tease. But something about her, and the sugary expression in her honeyed eyes is beyond the coldness of the landscape, the coldness of him. He feels warm to see her. Something within his heart thaws at just the color of her. He doesn't have the slightest clue why.

Someone else stirs in the hands of the moonlight, flickers before his eyes like a glinting flare. Hudson narrows his gaze down on the fallen star, watches her burn into view, hesitant and vigilant, unlike any flame he'd ever seen. He glances to Vaeta, listening to her words in one ear and the rustle of the second fiery approach in the other.

'I'm so happy to see you,' she says at once,  catching his full attention again.

"What," he blurts, bringing his eyes back to her face with polite caution, his mind relocating to the second female. Is this an ambush, he muses, his face growing more pallid and tense by the second. Rose eyes refocus, shifting back out into the sea of blackness to that one beacon of red on down the slight incline. He'd be an easy target out here, carelessly roaming the moors like this, not even halting to check the boundary scents of a territory. Hell, he'd been so damn delirious he could have easily wandered into unwelcoming borders, now tested for his lunacy by the sweethearts complacent enough to rip his throat out. He swallows, quickly regretting the urge to speak, to even breathe one visible breath in the space between them. He draws a step backward, gradually moving his vision back to where he came for one last glimpse of an exit he thought surely to be safe. He returns his nervous gaze to the two meddlers twice as fast, letting out one cool, uncontrolled huff of breath.

"I mean, it's nice to meet you too..." he mentions nervously (a false attempt at holding his tension at bay) keeping his eyes back and forth on the two females, heart sinking through the bottom of his chest.

Hudson Sawyer

Me too Fenrir, I don't even write comfortably in present tense and I'm doing it anyway Dx
Torturing myself I guess.
Played by Fenrir who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lord
i want to reconcile the violence in your heart,

She's not sure what she's seeing—what she's intruding upon. There's this madly waving tail, hypnotizing in its ecstatic joy, and it's in the way that she looks like family, but Lord's tail is straining against her icy posture, wanting to break out into the same wagging dance. And then there's the line of tension running down a white back, like they can't decide what to make of her. The girl barks back, and it smells like an invitation, but the male, he looks like he wishes he could go back to being a snowdrift, unnoticed by all this fire.

Does she care? She wonders that for a moment, savors the thought as her star-fire eyes briefly dip back down to her creamy paws. She doesn't care, per se, but she didn't mean to bring that extra ounce of tension crawling up his back (she can see it in his pose, even from where she's lurking atop the rim, a fallen star); so.. yeah. She doesn't care but there's that twinging, needling feeling in her heart, like she wants to spit out sorry but she's not sure what she's apologizing for—her arrival, or his demons?

So she's hesitating there, up on the edge above them, claws still kneading the snowy dirt. And she still hates that she's hesitating, but it's the life of a loner, she guesses, never quite sure where she's standing. Once, twice, she glances behind, at the stars and the distant horizon, and then, she simply shrugs. The world had sung her to this place. She wasn't heading for something specific.

It rattles a little, snow and a shower of pebbles coming loose as the little ray of sun comes down.

But finally, she's down there with them, a goddess shaken from the sky and made mortal—or just a curious girl with a dark-lipped smile, high tail waving kind of solemnly because her heart isn't about to burst with joy. She doesn't practice restraint; she's just not as exuberant, a tad more wary perhaps, but there's no threat in her prideful posture as she saunters over the cold snow floor to them.

Totally shipping Vaeta and Hudson. Let's find a fourth member and.. LP requirements, dern. xD
Played by spikeydragon who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Sheel
Oh, of course she had to arrive in the coldest place on Earth. Her skin felt prickly and hot, overused by all the trips and falls of todays adventuring. Yet, she felt content, no one should know of her here. As her gaze swivels around the snowy wasteland three figures caught her eye. The fog obscured her vision so she could not make them out fully. She knew in her heart that these were definitely wolves, so she began to make her way to them. As she was still in the middle of one of the sides of the ravine her legs had quite a bit of pressure on them, and in her frantic race to get a better look her legs gave way.

As she began her fall her surprise turned into anger,"Stupid!" she snarls as her face connected with the ground. As the incline was steep in this certain part she begins her descent with a cascade of rocks. Ferns and all sorts of prickles catch in her fur and begin to tear at her face. Her chest felt cold as icy anger filled her large demeanor.

Well, she thinks begrudgingly,this did exactly the opposite of what I wanted. Now I am a certain target to strange wolves.  She decides as she feels herself slow, to act, as always, as cold as she felt. This would at least ward of immediate attack, and possibly, give her a chance to ask questions.

Finally, she stops. She lifts herself up and crouches low, as if she were stalking.
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2015, 02:09 AM by Sheel. Edit Reason: Simple spelling change )
Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
<3 Vaeson

i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
For a few moments longer, she watches him and him only, looking over an expression that goes from cold and uncertain, to a warmth. It shatters though at the approach of the fiery coated woman, for although Vaeta is happy to see the other woman, when she turns back to the white wolf there is tension. She could not understand why... was he fearful of groups? Did he think they were there to hurt him? Did he know this woman and he was not on good terms with her? She is puzzled, written clear over her features as her golden ears fall back sadly and the slightest of whines echoes from her mug. Although he says it was nice to meet her, his lack of care allows the gesture to fall on deaf ears. There is sorrow in his expression as he backs away, though she does not pursue him.

Instead, her interest flutters over to the fiery colored girl. She too in hesitant, but only for a few moments before she decides to take a chance and just come to them. As she makes her way, Vaeta turns, a last saddened expression (like he had broken her heart) moving over Hudson before she pads towards Lord's direction. Her trot is springy and airy on her long limbs and as she comes her tail is level behind her, waving happily. If Hudson was uncertain of her being around him, then perhaps the woman would be more willingly to interact and perhaps, give her a little bit of information on where she had 'landed', so to speak. "I'm Vaeta Tainn." She introduces, loud enough for the both of them to hear her.

Alas, there is another interruption - another woman. If having two around had made Hudson nervous, then having a third would certainly have him scampering off with a need to escape quickly. The woman's introduction to the group was far different, having slipped down the ravine in their direction and topping all the way down, causing wide eyes and a gaping mouth in shock from Vaeta Tainn. "Oh!" She calls out, turning away from Lord and quickly padding into the direction of the fallen woman. "Are you alright??" Had it not have been for them all being so awkward and uncertain amongst one another, she might have thought she ran into a forming pack.