(See All?) Announcements
534 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Khalon

the dark is taking over — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata

Settled in by himself, the yearling watched and waited, quietly taking in the rest of the wolves of Oak Tree Bend as they gathered. It was not lost on him that Sceral was not among those gathered, and the lack of a responding howl meant that his brother was outside of the Bend. Search would need to try and find him later. Even besides the fact that Sceral was absent, it was obvious that this was not a happy gathering. The tension in the atmosphere and the somber expression on Triell's face were dead giveaways. It was only confirmed as the Triell and Nayeli began to explain what had happened that had caused the old leader to go missing for so long. Instinctively, the boy began to growl low in his throat, the hair along his back and nape sticking up in agitation. "Bastards," he rumbled, echoing Spieden's sentiment as she vehemently expressed her anger.

Most of the rest of them, though, stayed quiet. Zia recommended that they beef up border controls, but Serach shook his head. "And wait for them to come here? Why not go after them? There's what...four of them?" he looked to Nayeli for confirmation before continuing, "We should go after them before they have the chance to cause any more harm to us, not hide away here like scaredy cats." Was he out of line for calling for what basically amounted to a call for war? Maybe, but the youth was tired of inaction, and he would not sit around and wait for his pack to suffer even more. It wasn't what his mother would have done, and it was not what he would do either.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Tay who has 46 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Zera Tainn

The wide eyed girl felt her brother's voice heavy with tenderness in the hollow of her ears. She blinked at the depth of it and felt a small smile begin to crawl over her dark lips as her heart bloomed with heat. It was always the small things for her that made all the difference; those were the kinds of moments that make you realize you're actually alive with a real heart beating inside. There was nothing like the feel of it to Zera.

Eventually, the whole body of her family came together as one, incredible force. But Zera knew well the normal pride in her parents eyes, a pride she expected to be gleaming with usual fire. But it had gone astray. It was the one thing she was hoping would come back with the presence of her mother. Zera's body tightened with wound tension and an immediate, frustrated sense of worry. Anxiety. She felt it like cold pinpricks in the sensitive parts of her skin, just a nauseating build of terror behind yellow eyes. What is this, she thought clearly as the fog of confusion swept her brain. There was nothing she could say here, it wasn't the right time. Zera flashed her eyes at Darrah, who stared with a glazed glare, completely oblivious to the tenacity of the meeting. She felt numb at last when he continued his blank, idiotic drift into the madness of wherever his brain always was. But just as she was about to whack him with the blunt bone of her tail, her mother's voice started to bleed through. And bleed it did.

As her mother told the story of her absence, Zera felt herself sink deeper and deeper into guttural smoke. She felt it plume around her thoughts, felt the heat of the venomous words swirl toxically around them like the arms of death. There was nothing like this kind of fear, it wound a blood-boiling anger around the young girl's heart, made it throb with a different kind of intensity. Something she'd never felt, something murderously disgusted brewing within her tiny soul. Her tongue quivered as she held it back, as she held all of it back. All of it: the smoke, the heat, the flame, all of it wanted to purge from the emptiness she'd felt inside for so long. Her voice built inside her chest, just started with an abyssal gurgling growl, something so rattly and unpracticed it sounded like a canine purr. But she knew better. Zera knew to lower the hackles that had already started bristling along the line of her weak frame, she felt it all beginning to show as she managed to quell it.

With deep anger, she looked to her mother, felt her protective instinct shivering behind the walls she built around it. "No," she whispered with that girlish growl still lingering in her throat. And just as she let herself ease as the others started their own disbelieving utterances, she felt herself shouting "I will fight."

zera tainn

Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn

Hotei shook his head. Had his family suddenly turned into fools? It was ironic. Usually he was the one who lost control of his temper, not thinking before he spoke. Then again, he hadn't ever spoken in one of these things. He preferred to stay in the background, taking in the information that was given and then stewing over it all in his head when he was alone. They were all exclaiming their anger, which was rightfully so. Someone had harmed their queen. Something had to be done, but they were thinking with their emotions and not their heads. He himself felt anger. Anger at the thought that they had dared to hurt his brother's mate and the woman who had been one of his mate's friends. What really set his blood to boiling though was the thought that they would dare to do it again. And this time, they wouldn't stop at Nayeli. They could go for Jessie next, and only for the mere fact that they were sick individuals.

The dark Tainn breathed softly, working to keep his temper in check. Someone had to present a logical mind and in a twisted set of actions, it appeared it had to be him. He stepped forward and opened his maw. Hotei looked at all his pack mates. "We must not rush into a bloodbath," he spoke in his rumbling timbre, trying to get through them. They weren't the only ones who wanted to rip these rogues apart, limb by limb. "We don't know how experienced or unexperienced these rogues are. We must think. We need to prepare." He glanced at the almost adults and the ones on the cusp of escaping puphood. Yes, the rogues were of a small number but who knew what could happen. Did they know how to handle themselves in a real fight? The pack didn't need any casualties. He looked to Triell. He was the one who would ultimately decide who would stay and who would go. They couldn't leave pack lands unattended after all. They would have to find where these loners called home and then continue to plan. It was good to have more than one plan, in case the first one went to utter shit. There were so many things that could go wrong, it wasn't even funny.

(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2015, 06:52 PM by Hotei.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

<3 all you OTB we will shoot for the next round on the 17th if not before. Any ideas/plot bunnies feel free to shoot me a pm.

I will not fall

What an array of reactions their words ignited. Despite their differences of expression, he was proud to see action, and the reflection of rage. To feel they were united in a sense of family, that he had that absent. It was the strength of the pack he had needed, and could feel. Together they would turn this in their favor.

It was Phyrrus quaking figure that drew his eye. He did not understand the fear that obviously shook her entire frame. She muttered a question, but Triell did not exactly hear it. He nudged Nayeli, pointing to the silver-she wolf to elicit her help. He hated to see anyone in such a state.

The dark brown, ash tinted wolf, Spieden, whose voice fell upon all of them loudly, and partially surprised the Tainn. She had been a rather quiet sort. All the same, he was glad to hear it. Know she was with them, and ready for blood. While Spieden surely reflected his sediments on the situation as a whole. He knew there would be more to it than that. It could never be so easy.

Zia offered a well idea, but Serach's was a plan of action rather than defense. He was certain they would be doing both, it was only how. They all could not fight, nor could they all leave, could they? Anyone with fighters would be a target.

As easily, he could get swept in the heat and anger that tinged the air, he managed to stay calm, pondering what Jessie thought of this. Since she had more readily been in this part of the battle before.  She did not say anything at this time. It was Zera's raised voice that brought him focus. Brought on an eerie chill. Father was proud, but also scared to the core by her words. He did not doubt them for a second. Luckily, Hotei's words cut through it all with logic. "Exactly, much as we all like to do that they aren't mindless carcasses. I'm sure they will be fighting to kill. So I think it best if they did come to us. This is our home, and we know it. Why I don't think everyone need fight, should they need arise we will least all be together. It will be how we draw them here, and make sure they aren't the ones escaping we need to work out."

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Kaitlyn who has 123 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nayeli Stormwright

Nayeli's ears strained forward to catch what the silver woman, Phyrrus, was saying. Her voice was so quiet beneath the other, more outspoken voices, but at least one word made it through - names? Oh, yes, their names.... A distasteful look flashed over her features at the thought of those ugly syllables, but she nodded, gaze flicking between Phyrrus and Triell as she caught his look.  She doubted that these foes would be brazen or foolish enough to march right up and announce themselves, but it still might be good to put a name to the threat she had introduced to them all.

She waited, listening as others took the chance to speak their minds - Spieden's spirited interjection might have been outside proper decorum, but the sentiment was one that resonated deeply with her. I should like to see that... in fact I should like to join you, she mused, but she was in no shape right now to be fighting anyone. The woman with the moonlit pelt and blue eyes, whom Nayeli remembered from the hunt last winter, had a more sensible suggestion, though it was only one small measure. Serach seemed to be of the same mind as Speiden, the young man adding harsh words, his anger clearly riled. Darrah held his silence for the time being, staring hard at the ground, but Zera's words stirred both pride and mortal fear in Nayeli. She might not exactly have authority over anyone else, but hearing her daughter say such things was more than she could stand, she would have to make sure somehow that when and if the time came, no one would get the chance to harm her children. Her tail lashed behind her for a moment as Hotei and then Triell spoke, tempering some of the rash plans others had advocated, before Nayeli drew a breath to speak once more.

"I'm more sorry than anything that my return has brought this mess, but they should be no match for the Bend if we can keep our wits about us. As for drawing them here, that might be the simple part... they didn't seem the sort to take a hint and give up easily. They may well show up all on their own." She could recall all too easily the jealousy with which her captors had guarded their prize, and she doubted they would rest well with the insult she had dealt them by escaping, least of all Garmr. Pausing, she turned back to Phyrrus to answer the question which had nearly been drowned out before. "Their ringleader wears a pale silver pelt and calls himself @Garmr. The two adults with darker pelts are @Vali, and the she-wolf, @Skadi. I never learned the youngest's name, but he shares Garmr's coat, and has mis-matched eyes." She tried to include anything that might give them a picture of what to expect, what to keep an eye out for. Each name fell from her lips as if it tasted vile, and in truth, they did. And at the same time, it felt good to throw their names out to the others, as if to do so could somehow bring due justice to those who'd harmed her, or seal their fates in this instant as if they were now cursed. If only it could really be so simple.

Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
- So sorry for missing the last round!

He was sad to see Silver sit herself at the back, rather than by his side, but at the same time, he understood her; she was still new to the pack, and though not overly shy, taking up seat with him, among the oldest and most loyal of the Bend might seem a bit awkward, especially with the growing tension amongst them. The black scout comforted himself in knowing that she was a strong woman capable of taking care of herself and he would be by her side again as soon as the meeting was disbanded. Meanwhile, he was joined by Jessie, who seemed oddly Clingy? Despite the current, precarious state of their relationship. The dark man might have taken more time speculating on her behavior, had he not been so distracted by the fact of Nayeli's return and the palpable suspense surrounding it.

Then Triell stepped forwards, and Drestig listened with perked ears and wide eyes as he shared Nayeli's tale; Captors?! His ears fell back, hackles rising and Nayeli's additions only served to further his anger. He was surprised to see Spieden speak up as the first, her irate growls drowning the softer call from the back to his ears. His tail lifted behind him and he loudly snarled his agreement; Yes, off with their heads! These strangers had crossed the wrong pack, Oak Tree Bend would show them that they wasn't to be messed with. Others added their voices, some calling for caution, which only made Drestig more enraged, he wanted to act! Serach's young, but strong timbre sounded from behind, and the older male turned to look at him, a grim smile on his face. He sought to meet the young man's yellow eyes, a sort of prideful concurrence in his gaze.

Hotei's booming voice, and Triell's following agreement was what served to calm the flames in the ebony man's chest; they were right, there was need for planning first. But he wouldn't sit still while this was done, he needed action to keep his mind clear and his senses sharp. Ears flicked as Nayeli spoke again, glistening ember eyes turning back to the slender from. She'd bore clear marks of the abuse she'd been through, both her stance, expression and voice showing the physical and psychological wounds she'd sustained; They will pay for this! He listened carefully as she described the culprits, committing their looks and names to memory. Then he followed Jessie's small hint and breathed deeply, isolating the scents coming from Nayeli and taking not of the unknown smells.

Finally, he turned to look at his friend and leader, eyes sharp and cold as steel, voice calculated, but filled with the determination of his anger; "We need to send out scouts." He glanced to Jessie, their work was cut out for them, they would have to enlist other's to help them; Silver, Serach... "Keep a close eyes on the lands around us, not just the Spectral Woods, but further out." Then his eyes drifted to Zera and Darrah sitting before him, heart aching as he remembered the young girls outburst; "And the patrols," who had suggested that? "Doubling them, or even tripling them is a good idea. We must keep our lands safe, as well as those within them!" He shot another pointed look at the Bend heirs, then turned his eyes to Nayeli, who was clearly still weak from her injury and time in captivity before finally resting his eyes back on Triell; But we will fight!

Word count: 585

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn

Though he really didn't want to, Darrah decided momentarily to put the hatred for his mother aside. If she really did screw up that badly, and these wolves really were on their way to his home, he needed to step up his game. 'If not for my parents, or myself, It's gotta be for Zera.' he rolled his eyes, not really wanting to contribute to the fiasco. 'Plus, If I sit around doing nothing.. Who's to say they wont just get sick of me and make me leave? I am coming of age..' with a sigh, he pondered over how he would contribute to the conversation.

"I'm not sure about Zera, but I myself know I'm no match for a wolf like what's been described. Especially noting the damage they've inflicted on Nayeli. Might I suggest we all work on our defense in some way?" he made no eye contact as he spoke, for he wasn't really talking to anybody in particular. "Perhaps Drestig might help me out in that field?" they had previously talked about working together on the Prince's strength, maybe he'd still be up for it. Darrah glanced at him desperately, trying to gain any support he could on the idea if not only to make his speaking a little less awkward. "I just think we should all be more than ready for what's about to happen. Even if we out number them, it could still be rough." quite proud with his decision to actually talk, Darrah made note to sit a little taller. 'Although had she not run off none of this would be happening in the first place, but I can't say that now can I?' he grunted in thought.

(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2015, 08:33 PM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Tay who has 46 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Zera Tainn

Zera sunk back into herself when the cold water poured over her hot words. It was hard enough to keep herself from tucking tail to the farthest reaches of the woods again with the stern swords of discipline glinting in her direction. Her father's eyes settled down on her like gilded jaws, parental and limiting. Then the others started up with their chorus of "what to do with the childrens" and Zera felt shame settle somewhere deep, smothering her fire completely. She was not a baby anymore. She didn't need the soft blankets of the den or her parent's iron grip weighing back on every quickening stride she took toward adulthood. There was a veil of pain over her eyes as they fixated on the clump of cold leaves between her paws. I'm stupid, she said internally, rolling her eyes through closed lids. She softly whined through a brief yawn and settled down on the ground, ignoring all the words that rushed in, steadily imagining the cold from where she'd come and being buried in it.

Zera winced a little when Darrah's added comments aimed to lift her. That little spot in her quieted chest lifted, but only at the honesty of his youthful attempt to say something in defense. The girl couldn't understand why she was any less capable than the others to do the things they did. She couldn't understand why something as vaguely stupid as age should steal away valid efforts of bringing peace to the Bend. After all she'd spent all this time tucked away in the brutality of winter, searching for her mother in the dangers of each day to emerge at last harmless. Zera knew her thoughts were useless, she knew the pack was just trying to keep her and Darrah safe. But she yearned to do something. Her little heart and all of the brokenness proved quick to jump right into the crossfire.

zera tainn

Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata

It was shocking to Serach that his outrage was not matched by the rest of the pack. Hotei's rebuke was met with a cold stare and bared teeth. Cowards, the yearling thought, his harsh gaze sweeping around the pack, coming to rest on Triell. The pack's leader echoed his brother's sentiment, inadvertantly deciding right then and there that Nayeli would never be avenged for the pain that she had endured. If it had still been his mother, she would have gone after the rouges immediately. Take them unawares and by surprised - that's how Corinna would have done it, and that's how Serach dearly wished they would do it now.

But the boy had been outvoted, and while he might have been willing to challenge Hotei over his decision, he was not so daring as to challenge Triell over his decision. So although the cold stare remained, along with the sour expression on his face, his lips covered his teeth once more and the rumbling in his chest quieted. He thought they were cowards and idiots for choosing to stay safe inside the Bend's borders, but he would go where he was ordered to go. If that meant walking the rounds around the territory until his paws fell off, then so be it. He wouldn't like it, but he would do it.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Poppin' who has 48 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Phyrrus Nereus Monodora

"Their ringleader wears a pale silver pelt and calls himself Garmr.The two adults with darker pelts are Vali, and the she-wolf Skadi, I never learned the youngest's name, but he shares Garmr's coat, and has mis-matched eyes." Nayeli piped out, her voice ringing clear as a bell into the shivering woman's ears. It felt as if a wave of freezing cold water washed over Phyrrus' body, again and again, numbing her to the core. "Ainashi. His name is Ainashi." She stepped back, inching further into hiding."Excuse me." She breathed, crumbling down to the safety of the woods.

Once she reached a point in which their voices could no longer be heard, her stomach below began to tremble threatening to purge. And just like that, her previous dinner, was tossed up onto the foliage in one quick retch. Phyrrus blinked back the tears that were tumbling down her soft furred cheeks. She had made a mess by coming to Oak Tree Bend, it wasn't wise to be so close to were her captures had resided. The pressure was nerve wracking, her thoughts rattled in her brain like pennies. With each cent hitting the side of her skull with a ringing clang. 

They don't know I'm here, I can maybe escape before they realize I'm here! She thought in a selfish fit, her heart pounding in her ribcage. In all honesty, she was looking for any option to back away from her living nightmare. She needed someone to slap her out of fear and into reality. Desperately. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2015, 01:32 AM by Phyrrus.)
  [Image: jjjjjjjj%20copy_zpsieqam7x9.png]
[Image: kjjjj_zpsws1xjeg3.png]