(See All?) Announcements
510 Users Online
Bing

What is This Place? — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

"You could say that.." A slight turn and lowering of her head displayed the tight, wrinkled and fur less skin over her shoulders. The white wolf turned again, showing the same thing on the other side, only a thin stripe of fur over her spine breaking the injury, though making it obvious that *something* had gone through her hide. "An elk..when I was about your age. Ever since then, I've been unable to hunt Elk and Moose.. Deer..Deer I can deal with, but they don't have the spades for weapons." She chuckled, ducking her head and shaking it before lifting her face back up again.

A nod followed by a soft chuckle before Vlarindara stepped away and gave a soft smile. "Before we...get started.. Have you perchance seen a yearling? Mottled brown, grey...black.. He...My brother seems to have gone walkabout from our lands.. I'm ...not sure where he got off to." There was a note of sorrow in the white females tone as she glanced at the darkened lad before turning away and sighing. "I'm sorry.. I shouldn't.. be bothering you with such things..Come..let's find something to eat." Vlarindara stepped away before nodding her head at the yearling, a grin on her face. "Why don't you lead? I'll back you up." The female knew that he'd know these lands better than she might.. the way he had commented about this being his home.. For him to be as..affected as he seemed.. she knew the yearling had to have lost someone in the blaze if not more someones.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2011, 03:56 PM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Studied the remains of her scars with little emotion in his eyes, he could only imagine what it had looked like fresh. It served the point, and it'd make him think of the further dangers this world offered. Ears did tip down somewhat slightly, a rough taste in his throat while his tail hung limp. Once again he nodded, but did not join in her laughter. She seemed to be giving light to the situtation, but he found it scary to think how close she could have been to death. The young lad kept quiet, wide ears twitching as she asked about a young male, her brother. It struck a note in the boy, sadly he shook his head, "Ah, it never hurts to share, but I'm afraid not. I will keep my eye out for him." A small smile formed on his black lips, and the tip of his tail swayed. He hadn't seen any males round his age but his brother. If he came across a lost one, he'd know who he belonged to.

She took to walking away, and he took a couple steps looking back at the den. He had little pictures in, and out of it. He was staring at it to long, and gave a rough sigh, ripping his eyes away from the torment. He was ready to go. Invitation to lead, he muttered a quiet, "Okay."

Taking up a swift gait he lead away from the damage and into the unharmed parts of landscape. He let the air quiet, taking in the surroundings, searching for scents. He would head in the direction of Swift River where things were bound to be more alive. Now he realized he didn't know much more about the white wolf following now. Only she was looking for her brother. "Are you a loner or do you have a home?" Though he was concentrating on what lay ahead, he was still listening. He was eager to find something to hunt, darting along he knew their was wild game of some kind that'd passed back not to long. He paused momentarily breathing the gamey mixture, and realized it was of an elder deer. He was engrossed temporarily, never smelly something quite like it. Deep v was drawn in the middle of his black face. Something was wrong with this deer he didn't know what. "I think I smell deer, but it....it seems different."

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2011, 03:53 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Sorry for the delay! Gotted Busy!

Vlarindara bit back the sigh that tried to escape at the comments about not having seen her brother. Sha managed - barely. When Triell led the way away, she followed, keeping her nose to the ground to see what the younger onyx lad had missed. The white female lifted her head when he asked the question, smiling softly before deciding how best to answer it. "I live to the west...in Cedarwood. There's a pack of wolves there that formed a few weeks ago, we're still fairly small as far as numbers go." At first, she'd been tempted to tell him that she was a loner.. but that would be a lie...besides.. what threat did he pose to her and her pack?

The comment about a deer brought her ears forward as she trotted a bit faster to reach the point where he was smelling the deer and frowned, snuffling about in it. "Perhaps he's ill..perhaps injured." The white head lifted up and she let her eyes close, her nose work to dissect whatever remaining scents might be in the air. "Let's follow it... at least see what we may be dealing with..' She remembered her mother once warning her that even wolves might get ill if they ate meat tainted bad enough...Though mostly they didn't get bothered by such things. "It might be easier to get ourselves a meal..if he's simply colic-y."

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The young lad hadn't known there was a third pack, and he stumbled against a mere twig, snapping it in his fall. Several thoughts entered his mind, if his brother knew this. If maybe Ruiko had founded a new one, now. No, how could that be? If Ruiko was her leader surely she would have known the last name. She would have inquired of their relation. Or Ruiko would have told Indru right? Indru would have told Triell. The tips of his ears tipped upward, and he continued walking. "Oh, I didn't know that. I take it your not the leader than?" He tried to continue the conversation. He didn't think it was bad news the Lore had another pack. It was just news he hadn't been prepared for. This wolf was nice, and he doubted she would live with a group of renegades. The young Tainn would have to remember to check for other pack borders in his wanderings, and see what Indru thought of this.

He stood over the scent, letting the more seasoned wolf decode it. The word ill, striked a part in his brain. That's what was different. This deer was ailing from something. Of coarse that wasn't anything to bad to worry about. Once the deer died the disease died too right? He tried to remember, but wasn't sure. She seemed knowledgable, and he nodded his head in agreement. Also that he understood. "Alright, sound good,"he replied. Slowly he stretched his form, and stalked further.

ooc:feel free to have Vlar spot the deer :) sorry for the wait.

(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2011, 02:26 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Hehehe.. Sorry for the double wait! XD

Vlarindara gave the yearling a smile before lowering her nose to the ground and moving ahead, letting the scents left behind by the beast tell her what she was looking for. "No..I'm not the leader of the pack... I'm not anything, really.. extra muscle...eyes..a set of ears.. tooth and claw if required." Instead of seeming upset at her assumed position, she seemed happy.. Simply to exist and assist with whatever she might be able to. The plumed tail wagged over her haunches as she thought about the pack who was still a decent amount of travel away. The scent of the deer getting closer caught her nose and she lifted her head, looking up, amber eyes casting about to find the source of the scent. No...No..Where..Aha!

About twenty yards away, the young doe was lying on her side in the snow, setting off alarm bells in the ivory females mind. Deer didn't usually lie down in the open unless they were calving, or injured. Without a word, the female dropped into a slinking crouch, her tail hiding from view and tucking down slightly between her legs. glancing back at the onyx male, her expression turned puzzled as she nosed in the direction of the creature. "What do you think?"

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Assured by the white huntress, a look was there, that he was ready. Hopefully they'd find this deer. His black ears shuffled slightly as she said she was not anything. He doubted she couldn't be an assett to her pack. He was, least thought he was by the way he was accepted more adult than child now. She explained what she meant, and they sounded like good things to him. "Sounds like your a good member to me," he replied. He did not have an official rank either, but he did want a co-rank. What though he wasn't sure, and his thick brows furrowed while he had his own thoughts on this matter. He tried to concentrate on the deer scent. The deer. Black nose drifted along the top of the fading white where it revealed mud. Eyes were intent on the ground where the deer might have stepped, his nose hoping to give him the first hint.

Silently he too spied the fallen deer settled in a depth of snow. It was clear something was the matter. He made himself smaller as best he could while his eyes caught Vlar looking back at him. She seemed slightly bewildered what they should do next. If they should attack this deer or not. Triell wasn't sure either, and had hoped she wouldn't rely on his decision. She had asked what he thought, and he lingered closer to give reply. But first he again looked at the fallen animal before back to the white lady. "I think we should at least end her life. She looks miserable." He said this in a low whisper. On close inspection maybe they could figure out what was wrong exactly.

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Hehee.. Your turn to write da deer! :3

"I-....Thank you.. I guess I don't know where I'm supposed to be..or what I'm supposed to do.. not really." She glanced at the yearling at her side before returning her eyes back to the doe in contemplation to his words. "I think you're right.." Was the answer in response to his comment of the doe.. but she still wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not to eat the thing anyway. Then again.. she'd never seen a wolf get ill from eating something. Quietly as she could, Vlarindara slunk forward before peeling off from the onyx yearling and making her way around the back of the thing. Her amber eyes focused on the young creature, but also on where Triell might be - in the still slightly snowy grounds, Vlarindara blended in a bit better than he did.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The young lad wasn't sure about her answer. Surely she knew to take care of her pack. Hunt, enforce borders, and well whatever else was left. But maybe she meant her role wasn't clear. Where she was in the hierarchy. If she was to be doing something specific. "I'm sure either way you do what you can. I sometimes don't know what I'm suppose to do either. I'm so close to being an adult, but at the same time I'm not." A faint smile was on the edge of his black maw, and when she looked to the deer he did also. He held back to smile more as she agreed with him. He couldn't help but like the gratification he felt when someone else deemed he was right. It made him feel like he'd accomplished something, was learning, was getting closer to being a respected member of his own pack. He did not give reply, but it was clearly time to do so. He held his position when she dropped further to approach the deer.

The deer was an elder doe who had been attacked awhile ago by a cougar, and managed to get away on three legs. By this time the injury had caught up with her and she could not drag her infected limb further. Sadly she had fallen here never to get up again. It seemed only right to end her life, she would suffer no more, and the wolves would be fed. Watching the white lady blend against the snow he did not move for a time. He waited till she was behind the deer, slowly he made his way from the bushes, and out in the open. The deer gave him a sad look, surprised but it was clear there was hardly fight in her. She was dying already. He would make this quick. Black head gave a nod to Vlar, and he sprang for the doe's neck.

As the black shadow fell upon the deer, she did tried to stand, but was much to weak. Vlar there, she surely would not be able to hold any extra weight. His large jaws clasped round her throat, digging hard, and cutting deep. He clamped off her bood flow, her air. Again she tried to stand, tried to rise or move, but she hardly lifted from the ground. Hind haunches trembling.

(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2011, 06:00 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Short post is short. >.O

The soft growl escaping her throat was instinctive as she emerged from the cover she'd used to hide her bulk, descending on the wounded creature. While Triell went for the doe's throat, Vlarindara shot out and sank her teeth into the injured leg, using her weight to hold the doe still, make it so she wouldn't struggle against the yearlings fangs. She figured that the injury on the leg would have caused the limb from feeling any longer - after a time, such things simply.. stopped working. She hoped that was the case anyway, but there was no guarantee - though she felt it best to take that chance rather than cause a new wound to the creature. Once Triells' hold ended the things life, Vlarindara lowered the leg to the ground and lifted her head, giving him a soft smile, nodding her head in his direction. "Well done.."

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
ooc;no worries, i was like eh i doubt the deer would get far?
Like he'd hope the Vlar had helped ease the process, making the death for the deer more rapid. If he was a deer he'd want to be finished quick. This seemed a most humane death. The coppery taste, it's thickness dribbled down his chin, and along his rows of teeth. His clamp was hard, and until there were seconds without movement did he release. A crimson adorned face he smiled back, his black banner wagging at the words well done. It seemed those words could always get a reaction out of him. She had done her part, and he was grateful. "Thanks, you too," he replied trying best to clean the blood that had trickled. He did not get all of it, but most. He rose proudly stepping back from the carcass. Eyes softly fell over the limp body, before they shifted to Vlar. "You first," he stated as boldy as he could. He figured that was the proper thing, she was a lady, the adult.

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2011, 05:42 AM by Triell.)