519 Users Online
Isla, Bing, Nia, Google

Pulling on My Heartstrings — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 125 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
Breeding thread!

The northern lights are particularly brilliant tonight.

Life was unpredictable, to say the least. It was like a wild roller coaster ride. Once you thought you were headed one way, you were thrown for a loop in an entirely different direction. Such is what had happened to Zia Celencio in the past two weeks. Before, she was alone, irritable and antisocial, even avoiding the company of her pack. But now, she had reason to be happy again. A new spark was lit in her blazing blue eyes, a fresh spring in her step. She felt as if she had been brought back to life, and it was all thanks to one very special man. Inkheart. Once a distant memory, he was now back. Not only that, but he was back for good, forever glued to her side, just like they were meant to be. That day when he first reappeared had seemed like a dream, and Zia tried over and over again to convince herself it wasn't real. But it was. Now overjoyed at their jumpstart in life, the first thing she wanted to do was to race off and find familiar faces, excitedly telling them of the good news. The first wolf who came to mind was Phineas, since he too, had been there when Inkheart founded Magnolia Glen with them, and when her dark wraith vanished, thought to be dead. But she knew better than to dive in to such a situation so recklessly. Her former leader may very well still hold a grudge, and she couldn't be certain how an unexpected visit from a former, long term pack mate would turn out.

It was no matter though. There were many other topics racing through her mind. Where would she go, now that Inkheart was back? Should she stay with the Bend, and try to convince Triell to accept a wolf who was formerly apart of a rival pack? Should they branch out on their own as loners, or try and forge their own path? It was maddening, she didn't know which option was the best. To say the least, much had happened between the time Inkheart had left, and the time of their reunion. And, not being the type of wolf to hold back any secrets from a close friend, Zia had told him everything. From the despair and grief after she returned alone, how Borlla and Phineas' first born son had been found, frozen to death. To the harsh, crippling winter, the struggle for food resources, all the way down to her unexpected, temporary absence to search for Borlla. And of course, her change of heart and ultimate decision to reside in Oak Tree Bend after Phineas accused her of treason. It was all out in the open, and Inkheart would now, surely have an understanding of why she lived as she did, why her life was such a confusing mess as of now. But with him back, a sense of long lost stability was restored.

Beneath the clear, cloudless sky of night, vivid lights shone. Dancing, swirling and reflecting off the pure white of what was left of the snow. Just as she was, the land seemed to be alive with renewal, as if celebrating some great tradition. Ironically enough, tonight Zia had chosen to revisit Cold Water Creek. The very place that was so close, a stones throw from Magnolia Glen, where much of their lives had unfolded. She was here to reflect on past memories, to revisit the past. However, that was not the only reason. Just like she had done in the seasons before, the silver she wolf was keeping well away from everyone else. Her heat cycle had hit, and it hit hard. It felt as if her skin was on fire, ablaze by the rays of an unrelenting sun. Her nerves felt like pinpricks with tiny sparks of live electricity shooting through them. She was restless, hyper, her senses fine tuned to every little detail of her surroundings. To work off her excessive energy, Zia did what she loved. Excessive. Running laps, sprinting along the length of the creek that snaked through the now abandoned land. But as she did so, everywhere she went, she left a tantalizing trail of her sweet, honeyed scent. An invitation. If Inkheart wanted to track her down, he would not need to go very far. 
Table by Pann, Image by Jolee
(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2015, 10:54 PM by Zia.)
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
Ever since he had made his return the dark hero was not far behind her. Always somewhere in the vicinity and always ready to come to her call should she need his presence. Of course, he felt as though he needed her in every second of his life now that he was back. Inkheart hadn’t joined her current pride for his uncertainty was maddening since he wasn’t too sure going to Magnolia Glen—or wherever it was Phineas had been—would be a viable option. No matter, because there were other pressing matters on his mind. The fact that his sweet Zia was giving off a rather palpable scent that he couldn’t ignore. In fact, he was pretty sure that that was why he was brought back here after all this time. It was not a coincidence that he should return to her first upon coming to the Lore and that only a week or so later that she would come to this.

That being what it was, Inkheart was not a man to sit around and play coy. The man brought himself directly to her and stood some distance from where she was no doubt headed, cutting her off with the sole intent and purpose to stop her. To be with Zia and to create life with her—that was his purpose for being brought back here and maybe she already knew that. It wasn’t like she was doing anything to hide her scent from any other male but he sure as hell wasn’t going to skip out on his coincidences anymore. 

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
 Well timed, even strides of her legs brought her forward, carrying her along a well worn path that ran parallel to the creek. She knew that Inkheart was bound to catch up with her soon, and she would welcome his company with open arms. All thoughts of past or current troubles were tucked away back in the far reaches of her mind. The turmoil within Oak Tree Bend, her sense of displacement, or the memories of her difficult past. There would be time enough later, to share her concerns with Inkheart. As her thoughts went to him once again, just like that, he appeared before her. A swarthy black form directly in her path, blocking her escape route. But escape was not what was on her mind. She sped up ever so slightly, tail aloft, eyes bright as she ran up to greet him. "So I see you found me..." She cooed in a sweet, low voice.

While her body knew what it wanted, her mind wasn't exactly on the same page. Zia had always been a sucker for pups, but the idea of having her own never really crossed her mind. Until this year, that is. Over time she grew more aware of those around her, and those she had been with in the past. Phineas and Borlla, Triell and Nayeli. Even some of the subordinates in the Bend were happily paired together. And she...she had been left alone. It was only then did she realize how badly she wanted to start her own life, to at least have the chance of ensuring her genes would live on, that she would not be forgotten. And now that the one and only wolf she would ever grant such a privilege was back, she was not sure how to go about it. Tingles of nervousness ran up her spine, under her thick silver fur. As she neared, he would note that the smell of her pack was still present, but faded. Dull. She looked down at her paws, swallowing a lump. "Familiar, isn't it?" She said, referring to the creek nearby, which had once marked the borders of their former home. "I came back just to visit....not for the bad memories...but for the good ones..." She stayed just out of reach, peering out in the direction the now abandoned Glen lay.
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2015, 01:12 AM by Zia.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
Inkheart was simply too much of a solitary man to have every crown fond of others, particularly women. Perhaps if he would stick around longer he might actually develop real feelings but the beast always turned back to the one thing that he could depend on—himself. Though, as he had had so much time he did know that Zia was a good woman. She was strong, independent and just as beautiful if not more beautiful than any lady he had met in Relic Lore. No other land he appreciated like this one. By fate it seemed that she was still here in this land and thus this was where he would start over and bring something into this world rather than simply passing opportunities by.

“I will always find you,” he admits and finds that that was probably a creepy reply but also romantic. Inkheart didn’t want to ever leave her again and while it wasn’t really official between the two of them (yet), he wasn’t going to wander this time. She could set him on a straight path now. Fire eyes burned around the vicinity and he felt a sharp needle squeeze through his heart and across to the other side. Wounded and hurt, he hoped that Phineas and Borlla would not be upset that he had gone and come back, but hadn’t gone to them first. “We’ll make plenty more memories together,” he states and casually brings his nose to her cheek affectionately, “I cannot promise they will all be good but I will stand by you through all of them.”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
 Remaining close to his side, Zia allowed her sapphire eyes to cling to the distance a moment longer. Then Inkheart's words pulled her away, forcing her eyes to meet his burning gaze, set against a handsome backdrop of black. Her tail lashed, cutting at the air as his cool nose touched her cheek. Such an innocent touch sparked more desire from within...a greater yearning to be physically closer to her companion. Tilting her muzzle to the side, she gently rested her chin over the bridge of his nose in a brief gesture of affection. "I would like nothing better than to create many more memories with you, Inkheart. Even if they all may not be good." No one knew what the future might hold for them, be it weeks or years down the road. Life was full of uncertainties like that, but so long as he was by her side, then she would face the unknown head on.

But first, the silver woman needed to put her insecurities for rest, once and for all. She drew back from him, to look him squarely in the face, her eyes searching his own. For a moment she couldn't seem to find the right words, but then she forced them out anyways, as best as she could. "The whole time you were gone...it was difficult. I felt as if a great piece of my life were missing. Not one day went by without thinking of you...of what happened." She paused, to read his reaction, to give him time to digest these words. Wetting her lips with her pink tongue, she continued. "I need to know, Inkheart. Will...will you stay for good?" The message in her eyes conveyed that she could not withstand a repeat of what had happened before. She couldn't afford to lose him again.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
This life in this world was lonely. Most of his family consisted of wanderers and loners, but he remembered how upset his sister had been about him leaving. About the fact that he had inherited their desires to solo while she had stayed behind in her youth. It wasn’t his fault that he had been born this way but it was his fault that he continued to believe that it was because of his parents that he had an independent nature. Truthfully, he recognized that things can change because he loved something worth staying for. Zia, his precious blue-eyed lady.

When those eyes met his own he felt the flutter of heartbreak before finding peace. There were vicious waves in her eyes as she spoke but looking into them he couldn’t see any turmoil aside from the loss she had endured. The time that she had spent thinking of him—him of all men! During his time outside he had thought of so little. It was the honest truth but when he had a few moments to really think on those bright night sky paintings he realized that loneliness wasn’t something he really wanted anymore. To be alone gave him no benefit and it was only then that his mind began to weigh heavily on those that he had left behind and more importantly, on the woman he had never had the guts to advance towards.

“I will stay for as long as you shall have me,” he pauses and takes a deep breath in. Inkheart knows that this woman is all he would ever love because from what he knew of his family love didn’t come easy and when it did, it was unmistakable and unavoidable. “I will stay for good so long as you will, uh, be my mate.” Bold, straight-forward and self-explanatory. Probably the bravest move he’s made in quite some time and no doubt a move that made him feel quite vulnerable. 

Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
 “I will stay for as long as you shall have me,” Those few, simple words were all she needed to hear. It was as simple as that, and then all her fears, worries and doubts were washed away in a flood of relief and reassurance. Gently, slowly she rested her muzzle against the crook of his shoulder, breathing in his earthy scent. By one of his dark triangular ears, he would hear her voice again. "Always, Inkheart...always..." What he said next did not take her entirely by surprise, but she could still not help but feel her heart leap into her throat at the question. Zia Celencio never thought she would hear such words from any wolf, let alone the man who she once thought had vanished from her life forever. But now he was back, asking her to be his lifelong mate. It was as if all of her dreams were coming true at last. Snapping out of her initial shock, she drew back to regard him with a more playful expression. "Inkheart, you shouldn't have to ask. I would love nothing more than such an honor....to share my life with you..." Abruptly, she darted forward fluidly, planting a swift lick squarely on his nose, before springing away to the side on feather light paws. Inviting him to chase her, to come claim her as his own.

Even as a mature woman fully capable of bearing offspring, right at this moment, the consequences of this union tonight was the last thing on the platinum females mind. She was living in there here and now, with her new mate, while the rest of the world faded away. Any repercussions she may face in the coming weeks, she knew she would not face alone. Together, she and Inkheart would figure something out. Some way to make it all work, to have the happy ending they deserved. With a high pitched growl, she raced past him again, a sprinkling of snow strewn up in her wake. Tonight was a happy night. One of rejoicing and of new beginnings. All they could do from here was go forwards and upwards. 
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
To be a mate to someone seemed like an awful long leap, especially to him. Even he felt nervous asking her and feeling the weight of the question hang in the air. Though he should have guessed that she would likely say yes, he still wondered and feared that she would say no. The simple word that could render him speechless and likely make him feel rather pathetic, but it took a lot to render Inkheart in the tail-tucked position. “To share everything with you,” it would be his honor to do anything with her. Together forever wherever the world may take them. Even when she accepted his proposal he still felt awkward and nervous—but perhaps that was because he knew what he wanted and it wasn’t just because of the scent she gave but because there was a purpose to it.

It was bold to ask, to even mention such a thing but surely it was on her mind, too? Inkheart had been told by his parents growing up that every woman at some point in their lives began to really consider a family. To raise children with their mate and forever hold onto the idea of reproduction with whomever they had chosen. Is that what Zia wanted? “Do you…” he stopped and laughed at his own idiocy, “would you like a family now?” Mentally scolding himself for more stupidity, as if he hadn’t said it the way that he should have. There really wasn’t an easy way to ask for it and hopefully she might find his awkward tendency charming. 

Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
 She had never seen this side of Inkheart before. So awkward, so unsure of himself, yet still so delightfully charming all at once. Quite the far cry from the usual confident and composed man she was used to seeing. But she found his bashfulness cute. He was unintentionally drawing her in even closer without even knowing it. She slowed her excited pacing and circled back around yet again, this time brushing her silver and charcoal coated side up against his own. "A family..." She repeated to herself, as if tasting the word for the first time. She stared off wistfully into space for a few seconds, contemplating. Zia had always loved children, and to have some of her own with Inkheart would make her life complete. Her parents would be proud too, in knowing that their legacy would live on. Finally she turned her head to glance back at him, but her blue eyes were downcast. "I never did tell you, but I always had been sort of envious of the privilege Borlla and Phineas had..." They both knew without having to share words, that if they were to proceed, that she would be breaking the law of her pack. Yes, she respected Triell as a friend, and held no ill feelings towards any of the others, but she did not feel close to them. Perhaps this was a sign that going her separate way was for the best. She swallowed hard. "I...I would love a family, Inkheart." 

She searched the fiery depths of his eyes for any sign of how he may respond. But then she quickly added. "But only if you want. Only if you desire it as much as I do." She would not force him into anything he was uncomfortable with, since she respected him too much to do such a thing. If he was uncomfortable with the idea of parenthood, then she would understand completely. They could be happy together just as they were, just the two of them. But a family, someone to dote on and share their love with throughout the rest of their lives, truly would bring a whole new level of joy. Nervously, she stood still at his side, waiting to see what he would say. What he would do. He didn't even need to use words...he could let his body speak for his heart.