(See All?) Announcements
550 Users Online
Bing, Google

pools of sorrow, waves of joy — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

@Danica

Gent remembered coming here after his pack's exodus from the treacherous mountain, the winter before last that had been so incredibly harsh. While scouting for food, he ran across a wolf named Quicksilver, and that was his only memory. Truly, he hadn't forged many bonds to reminisce over at all. There was only a handful of wolves he could recall, and he had yet to meet with a single one of them since returning to the Lore. Something about it made him sad, but he couldn't place a paw on it. He knew, definitely, that he regretted wasting the opportunities and time given to him last year. He regretted not being their for his pack and its leaders. But there was something more to it, something too deep for him to unearth. It went beyond the scope of his father's teachings, and that was territory he was reluctant to travel.

The man approached the creek, the water still encased in ice. The shaped leaves that this area took its name from were gone, shriveled and buried by snow and ice. Soon enough, however, they would grow and green and fall once more, and this place would come to be a rendezvous point for giddy lovers again. Love, it was another thing he needed to begin to consider. His Queen would need to be strong, and someone who he could absolutely trust. To ensure that, he needed to bond with her as soon as possible, have her at his side from the beginning, have her be his ally in all of his pursuits. It was so much to think about.

Gent sighed and reclined on the frozen bank. There was so much on his mind but no progress was being made. It was incredibly frustrated and he longed for company to distract him. Or better yet, for the luck of a visage of his past to approach him. By now, the thought made him scoff. It wasn't going to happen. The stage was the same but all the actors had changed. He had to start fresh, with nothing but his newfound bulk and rankable age to show for the past year's efforts. It was alright though. He would turn it around, he was destined to. He would be a King.
(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2015, 07:08 PM by Gent.)
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Slender legs moved rapidly across the land, her paws swallowing the distance. Cream fur swooshed back as the young girl trotted forth. She was looking for her lover, as she called him within her mind. He was handsome and tall, dark blue eyes and a black pelt with silver guard hairs. He was strong and sweet at the same time. The small smile upon her face could not voice the joy she felt. Danica was quite the giddy fool as she stumbled onto the creek. With bright happy eyes she looked back and forth for him. *Maybe I'll find him downstream. * She thought shaking her head lightly. She wouldn't be surprised if he had returned to his pack, but she couldn't help but hope.
"Titan," She called out in a soft, soothing, calm voice. Her melody slipping from dark lips and cutting crisp air. Still she saw no sign of the boy, but a figure wasn't too far off. Her nose told her it wasn't him but still...it was vaguely familiar. Someone from her past, perhaps? She slowed down to a cautious trot taking in deep whiffs. *I hope this man is friendly...* She thought coming to a stop. She rose her head clearly looking at him from her safe distance. Her eyes squinted to see the 'stranger', "Hello?" Danica asked nervously. 
It took a moment of shyness for the girl to collect her confidence. She took a shaky breath approaching the dark brute. The morning breeze chilled  the yearling's noise. She held her head and body in a mutual pose, her tail swaying, this was no ones land. Right here they were both equals and loners from what she could tell. As she drew near his eyes caught her attention and awoke a forgotten memory. "Gent?" She whispered, her heart oddly fluttering at the name. Butterflies filled her belly as she recalled the handsome yearling she met as a wee little pup.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Gent's reflections shattered, disrupted by the voice of another. She was not within sight, but the name she called rang clear enough for the man's ears to capture. Titan... why was that so familiar to him? He puzzled over it while blue eyes searched for the source, but it wasn't until she appeared that it all fell together. It took him a second, as she didn't look exactly herself. Indeed, it seemed so much had changed over the past year. But approaching him, whispering his name, was one of two pups that he had aided while under Naira's reign; the other had been a small boy named Titan, who'd gotten himself caught up in a thornbush.

A crooked grin split Gent's maw, and his eyes lit up. She was the first one he recognized since returning to the Lore, and hadn't expected it to make him feel so good. Finally, a familiar face, someone that could ground him to this place. Proof that he had been here before, perhaps even proof that his time had not been wasted like he so feared.

"Danica!" he returned, springing to his feet and closing the distance between them. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you. How have you been?"

He wondered about her pack, if they even remained, if they had clashed with his. He remembered the joined hunt, how he had attempted to send a gift for Danica with the female named Iopah, and how she had told him that the youth had been missing for weeks. It was all coming back to him, and it gave him so many questions to ask, but this time he might finally be able to answer them, instead of left lost and confused without so much as a trail.

"They said you were missing," he added, after the memory had flitted through his head, but he stated the information rather than making it a question. He would not pry, would not damage the fragile friendship by making her feel uncomfortable. Rather, he hoped she would naturally feel relaxed in telling him.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Danica was draped in the scent of Titan mingled with her heat, both smells dominant on her pelt. She jumped a little nervously at his eagerness, offering a shy smile. She listened to him wondering why the man was so happy to see her again. Sure, it was nice, but they had only met once before. Nonetheless her belly swarm some, confusing her. *That's right..* She thought quietly remembering her young foolish self crushing on a man she hardly knew. 
"It is lovely to see you as well-" She paused to touch his cheek in a show of friendship, "I have been okay, things could be better, but I'm alive." She smiled awkwardly, " How about you? Long time no see." Her voice was casual and soft, it's normal sweetness lacing her words. She was such a gentle little lady at her young age, so unaware of the troubles she would come to face one day. 
Dani was not as shy of a pup she once was, but the look in her eyes still held the familiar meekness. In the short silence he offered she looked him over. He was clearly excited to see her, his tail wagging and a grin upon his face. The yearling relaxed some knowing she was in no danger and this man wasn't a complete stranger. So she let her guard fall down some, but still held a cautious attitude towards him. Wondering off from her original intentions she noted how handsome, strong, and tall Gent looked. Then quickly realizing she was staring heat rushed to her face and her smile turned sheepish. Her green orbs returned momentairly to his Ice blues before repesctfully glancing away.
"I left, I couldn't bare the sorrow of the land anymore, that's how I met Titan. He said he also knew you?" She replied and asked her own question. Her eyes sparkled at Titan's name and her hole being seemed to swell with joy. A giddy expression consumed her face mixed with curiosity. She looked towards the tall man before her awaiting a desirable answer. Her tail wagged more rapidly now in her ever so silly glee.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Still just as sweet and shy as she had been as a pup. He thought back to the families he'd lived with after his father died, when the Trance Timbers pack took him in as an orphan and raised him to his first year. They were perhaps the most normal sort of wolves that he'd ever spent time with, their daughters innocent and their sons noble. He thought, if truly in a normal family, Danica must have been a daddy's girl, the apple of her parents' eyes. A true lady, one might say. Of course, he would not make this assumption about her however, as he knew so little of her home life, nor what had transpired between now and the time they met. Hopefully, she would clear some of that up for him.

He didn't notice the lingering of her eyes, merely assuming that her gazes were to the same end as his; sizing up the other, appraising their health. The man was glad that Danica didn't appear to have suffered any significant physical traumas; indeed, when Iopah had informed him that she was missing, a part of him thought, what with the brutal winter assaulting the land at the time, that she had perished.

"I suppose I could say the same as you. I left the Lore for a time, now I'm back and trying to regain my footing here."

After this, she mentioned sorrows, but then he once more heard that name said in her voice, @Titan . She seemed to glow as she mentioned the pup. Nearly instantly, the demureness slipped away as thoughts of the young boy caused her to become consumed with joy. It was very much obvious, and greatly piqued Gent's interest. The sorrow bit enticed him too, but he did not wish to squish her mirth and it was important to Gent to learn how the two were connected.

"Yes, I remember Titan. I saved him from a thorn bush the same winter I wandered into you, poor kid," he answered with a chuckle. He remembered all the yelling and fuss the boy put up, and then his astonishment that someone had actually gone out of their way to help him.

"Let me guess.... you two are in looooove now?" Gent dragged out the word 'love,' very gently teasing the girl, but saw no point in beating around the bush at that one. Not with how plain it was to see, or did she even realize how much she radiated affection when speaking about the boy?
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2015, 06:43 PM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Danica

Danica simply nodded in response before answering politely, "Well then I'm glad you've returned. I hope things are baying well for you? If you wish to join a pack my mother is a kind woman. I'm sure she'd give you a place to stay till you decided what to do...of course, as long as you contribute and help out during your visit." She offered this with a casual, small, simile. The girl was 90% sure her mother would be willing to accept the cable man before her. Not to forget they had hunted together...Dani could put in some good words for him. If he so chose she'd see to it that he'd have a decent shot. Gent was handsome, strong, and polite...what not to like?

The yearling sat and listened to his story with big eager eyes, as if a pup listening to some fairy tail. Her tag wagged as her ears pushed forward as not to miss anything at all. She stifled a giggle, Titan, her Titan had got caught in thorns?! It was mildly amusing but she swallowed these emotions in order to take on a sense of seriousness. Then he asked if the were-...wait were they? Bashfully she looked down, her paws shifting, "I do like Titan a lot. We're best friends...but I'm not sure if we're in love. We haven't used that word as of yet...but I really really do like him a lot." She admitted with complete honesty towards Gent.

Then an idea sprung within her mind, "What about you?" She started out mockingly, "Have you met a special lady?" Her eyebrows wiggled, "Someone bold, sweet, and well...to you perfect?" She winked, "Well?" She also jumped up and teasingly rubbed against him once, "Is she a cuddlier?" She asked laughing before finding her seat once more. A mischievous glint lit her innocent eyes up, a crooked smile on her dark lips. She trusted Gent enough to act like this around him. He wouldn't hurt her, right? They were friends! Shucks if not for her then his pack wouldn't have gotten some deer meat that day. Therefore she saw no reason for anything sour between the two of them. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2015, 05:54 PM by Danica.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

ooc: sorry for shitty post. wanna fade with them chatting on post 10?

Her offer wasn't too far out of line--perhaps it would be wise to join with the pack who had previously aligned, even if just briefly, with the Keep. He began to consider it, though would not know that in a few days time he would find himself at Minka's doorstep instead, and even furthermore as the girl's enemy by association.

"That's a wonderfully generous offer... but I'm looking for a home, not a visit. There are other matters I must take care of first as well, but after... maybe I can find you. I certainly hope we won't lose touch for such a long time again."

Her explanation for Titan might as well have been a confession; while Gent had no idea they would consummate their young love so swiftly, the thought of the two as a couple pleased him. They both were within his favor, and their dedication to each other could prove extremely useful within the future. However before he could respond, she turned the tables around on him, teasing him back about his romantic life. Which was nonexistent, of course. While Gent was beginning to consider who he would one day take as his mate, and the thought had been particularly present in his mind today, he felt no regret over lacking the mirth and 'loving' feelings that warmed Danica's heart. It wasn't his first nature to love.

Gent raised a paw and gently pushed her shoulder, returning that playful smirk.

"No no, I haven't gotten lost in wonderland like you and your Romeo. Which is all fine and dandy," he said with a shrug, adopting a mock-serious face and tone as he jokingly informed her; "You women just need far too much attention."
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(That works :) )

Danica nodded in understanding, "Oh okay and yes, that'd be nice." She smiled at him, "It's a shame we don't belong to the same pack..." She mumbled, trailing off towards the end before adding, "Then we could pick on each other more often." With a wink from her left as she smirked at him. "I'd enjoy the daily torture of your company, haha."

The girl bashfully tucked in her head, "My romeo?" She asked embarrassedly underneath her quickened breath. The yearling instantly scoffed before snorting at his next sentence, a paw playfully reaching out to push his dark coated shoulder, "Are not!" She shouted before saying, "Well, men are just plain work-alcoholics!" Soft, light-hearted laughter following her wimpy little comeback. Emeralds flashed daringly at him as she assumed a play position, curious to see if he'd respond properly. With a growl she dipped down in a bow, her voice declaring that, she thought, "Females are better than males!" Her teasing was accompanied with the narrowing her eyelids into slits. Loudly she barked at him in a changeling way, "You gonna bring it on or what?" Danica taunted @Gent while snickering. "Let a girl show you that she needs no attention from any man, and can quite frankly whoop your butt!"

"I mean, I sure as well don't need @Titan twenty four seven," She rolled her eyes casually with this confident statement. *I wouldn't mind that though, minus a few spare moments to myself here and there.* Inwardly she grinned stupidly at the thought of her dark eyed prince with his soothing touch. Oh how she would've loved to stride side by side with him anywhere anytime just as long as he was hers and she was his. The thought sent a shiver of pleasure down her spine. Coming back to the present she flashed some teeth jokingly, "Hit me with your best shot!"

Titanica
Gonna Burn all your Ships Down

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

She certainly was blossoming quickly, and right before his eyes. His playful approach seemed to be working to help her open up, but she was also obviously far more matured and confident than she had been as a whelp. Which was only to be expected with age, but it still impressed and pleased him to see. Gent was beginning to understand that he didn't just like others for their utility to him, but also for far more sociable reasons. He enjoyed seeing her growth, and felt a strong desire to encourage and protect her.

She assumed what he knew to be playful posture, though he didn't have much personal experience with this. Any 'playing' he might've done with his siblings was more so fighting, and when he had been adopted by the Timber pack he played very little, much more interested in maturing and learning about adult roles. By the time he found Nomad's Pass, he was well past such things. However, without hesitation Gent found himself copying Danica's pose, fangs glinting as he flashed her a toothy grin.

"My best shot? But you're so dainty..." he teased, egging her on to making the first move. Truly, if he tackled her he might actually hurt her, as he easily outweighed her by thirty or so pounds of pure muscle. But he would playfully combat any moves she might make on him. Who knows, maybe with some good playfully sparring she could surprise him a time or two.

"Lady's first."
Inactive No Rank
Danica
20 Days Left

Dani smiled the same mischievous toothy grin right back at @Gent, her tail waving in the air. "Dainty, eh? Well let me show you just how bad dainty is." She said with a glint in her eyes and waited patiently to see if he'd make a move on her or not. He didn't. "Aweh, such a gentleman...-" She faked coughed before saying, "Wimp". Snickering she took a long moment to decide what exactly to do, mind turning like gears as she didn't mind to diddle doddle.

Then like a snake she pounced, swiftly she bolted towards his right and took a skidding side ways stop. Then with little force she attempted to place herself on top of his shoulder, instinctively moving for his soft ear. If she were to grasp it she'd gently shake her head back and forth, along with plenty of tugging. All the while she did this giggles managed to slip forth from her as she smiled and romped about with Gent. Satisfied with her first attack she jumped backward and assumed a bow once more before running off. Pebbles flew up as she left him behind calling out, "Eat my dust, pretty boy!" The later, "Can't catch me, can't win the title-ship of superior gender!" The taunting, playing, and talking went on till time ticked slowly onto pushing the limits. Unwillingly Dani departed with her friend, a simple smile, dip of the head, and a friendly wolf hug offered before she left.

Dani headed back in the direction of Secret Woodlands while Gent went where ever it was the lone man had to. She wondered how well he'd fair out here, without a pack to protect him, worried even. The question of when she'd see him next, and much more, crossed her mind multiple times. For now it was back to being a whisper on the winds at her mother's land. Vanishing and reappearing till the decision to stay or go would be made.

*FADE*
”Speech”
Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: May 05, 2015, 02:45 AM by Danica.)