588 Users Online
Bing, Google

we make our bones
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 347 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
For @Danica  Partly cloudy, 31F

It was the simple things that made life easier – such as tipping your head up and peering at the sky through the leaves before setting off.  There was no mist filtering through the clouds, no dark clouds blanketing the bright blue sky.  There were only a few wisps here and there dotting the periwinkle expanse and, and with a pleased snort, the timber wolf turned his snout back to the west, where he might find the Wild Cherry Orchard once more.  Last time, he'd found himself caught in a deluge with an excited pup half-prone to derring-do.   Youngsters were exhausting, and for one hot moment, Kjors wondered why he had any interest in reproducing, anyways.

But that thought always boomeranged right back – he would have pups because he needed progeny.  While he'd never raise his father's pack from the ashes it'd fallen into while his mother burned Ered to the ground, he never doubted he'd found his own empire.  A wolf couldn't have a dynasty if he didn't have sons or daughters carrying his name beyond his own mortal life.  This was, you see, how a dragon lived through the ages, how a wolf defeated simple laws like life and death with his own two paws.  He would live on, through the spirit and the deeds of the children baring his name and his claws.

Kjors huffed as he drew towards the boundaries of the fruit trees, slowing to a halt as he gazed across the open field.  Unfortunately, this would require him to wait another winter, survive another full turn of the earth, to have his chance at passing his fine qualities on to the next generation.  It was so close, and just out of reach.

With a grumble, the wolf pressed onward again, pacing the border of the orcharge.  He only halted when he found the remains of a scavenged carcass.  It was fairly small – a groundhog, perhaps, killed and consumed by coyotes.  The bones had been left, however, and finding himself brimming with irritation, the dark male settled himself down and pulled a femur into his mouth, gnawing and mumbling under his breath until he heard the sound of shifting grass nearby.  "What d'ya wan'?"

(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2015, 01:29 AM by Kjors. Edit Reason: Tags )
[Image: honeybadgerace.png]
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica

The elegant cream yearling had found herself approaching the Cherry Orchard once more. She was simply on a stroll to ease her nerves, her belly slowly settling. Danica was not too sure as to why she was so worked up today, but it was nothing some alone time couldn't fix. The beautiful day was simply put appealing to her senses and she quite liked the scenery of the Orchard. Her paws carried her through the spring grass that rose up to tickle her carpus. Lowering her muzzle to the ground, sneezing at first contact with the blades, she took in a strong whiff. No prey came to fill her nostrils, but instead a male wolf. Disinterested she begun to move away when his voice cut her peaceful silence.

Not pleased with his tone she lifted her head offering an angry expression, but showed no signs of aggression. Her brows were pulled together, "Nothing to do with a rude loner, that's for sure." She muttered to herself, just loud enough that he might of heard her words. Danica snorted at the man and rolled her Emerald eyes in mild annoyance. "If you don't mind," She started showing him the same disrespect that, in her mind, he had her, "I'll be going now." With this she turned and headed a new direction, an air of confidence about her. She cared not to hide her pregnant temper towards this older man. Butterflies filled her from the situation as she felt a bit shaky, and sighed in attempt to rid herself of the feeling. The wolf had smelt of no one, just an old possibly lonely man, while she was a Secret Woodland wolf and, therefore, had no need to stress about Kjors.

(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2015, 02:49 PM by Maksim. Edit Reason: Table fixes. )
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
Ears rolled backwards at the haughty response, the male lifting his head as he licked the remains of flesh from his lips. He'd not thought to pay the trespasser any mind unless they encroached upon his meal, but such rudeness hooked his attention. Flashing the female a bright row of teeth, he tipped his head with a cacophonous laughter. Fool woman! the dragon cackled, the glee coiling in his chest. Even he could see she was in no condition to fight. The slight spring in her ribs was not a giveaway, but the change in a female's scent was. The stranger was pregnant, and if he could guess, quite unwilling to engage in combat.

Slithering forward, the loner growled, threats bubbling from his throat as his single eye traced the female's figure. Though young, and in delicate condition, she also smelled of pack – but he could not smell any other individuals in the wood, so her advantage was a moot point. If none of her packmates were available to assist her, they stood on equal ground. She did not look well, but she did wear badges of former injuries, and this the man tucked away in his mind as he cracked open his jaw.

"Best git on then, cur," insult dripped from his teeth like thick molasses. Even as she shifted, he shadowed her, determined not to let some high and mighty woman to speak to him like-- Like—

The memory of venom twisted in his gut, tinting his mind with a purple cloud as he rolled his ears back and snarled again. "Go on. Run."

Inactive No Rank
Danica

Her ears pivoted at the threats, and she turned her head to look at him, body soon following. Confusion played on her face, she had never been in a fight and had yet to grasp the idea of one wolf purposely harming another. Dumbfounded she stood their before growling back, her sound more irritated then aggressive. Not once did she picture harming this man, but chasing him off was a whole other story.  Danica made no advances as he spoke to her. *Cur?* She thought to herself. At the insult Zonta had appeared snarling and bristling, encouraging Dani to show him who was the boss here. She wouldn't though, instead she snapped out in frustration.

"Looky here, Sir, I just wanted to take a walk to ease my nerves. And you, Mister high and mighty, happen to be on my path. There was no need to use such a tone on me and it wouldn't of been reutned if you hadn't used it in the first place." She spoke with more pose, dignity, and poiletness than before, but was still a little spit fire. "I don't know what your problem is Sir, but I'd appearite it if you'd let me be. I am the daughter of the queen, who's land rest near by, and she wouldn't like to hear of this harsament. That I'm sure of. Not in the mist of war..." She trailed off quickly wondering if she had gotten the best of herself and slipped too many details to the man. However, she stood confidently before him unashamed of her actions nor her words. Then, turning like a dime, she started to lope off again.

Irritated by his looming presence and comment she whirled around with a loud snort. "Please sir, just go away and leave a lady alone. I have no reason to run and will not, especially in the presence of a loner. I wouldn't want to dishonor @Nina." Little did she know that her lack of manners were already doing the trick finely.  Annoyed Dani flicked her ears and rolled her pretty eyes once more. *Old man, bothering yearlings. He needs to go get a life and stay away from me.* Uneasily she stepped side to side, lacing her ears back uncomfortably. "What are you? A stalker?" She mused.

Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
"Come off it," the dragon hissed, eye glittering in the shadows of the trees as the female turned to face him once more. Who did she think she was, gazing down from her pedestal? Who did she think he was, regarding him with the same disgust one might reserve for a worm slithering under foot? "'m th' son of a' King. Tha' don't mean a damn thing, not if y' ain't worthy of holdin' yer own title, girl." He'd met Nina, albeit it briefly – the meeting was neutral. The most memorable part was their shared scar, if nothing else.

As if the relation to an honored leader made her anything but a leech.

His own mother clung to his noble sire like a fucking tick, sucking him dry and discarding the husk as soon as it no longer nourished her. Women like that ought to be sacrificial offerings, he often thought, shrines to their own greed. But Danica was already loping off into the distance, and he was of no mind to chase her. Happy as he was for a scrap, there was no sport in bringing down an already handicapped wolf. It was a victory that would mean nothing, and it was unlikely to teach an idiot, either.

With a wolfish grin, he sat, ruckus cackle breaking free from its cage of ribs once more when the female couldn't help but turn herself around. They always did, he reckoned, just couldn't stand to leave any sort of attention behind. "Ah ain't leavin' me meal, brat. Yer free t' go, though. Ah'm jes' a shadow here." The thought of him actually stalking her home! Kjors snorted, shaking his head. As if! "Don' think yet actually tha' interestin', whelp. Y'might find less trouble when y'stop thinkin' so highly of yerself. Now go, leave me t' eat, an' be as alone as y' see fit."

Inactive No Rank
Danica
(Sorry, not sure what to do...)
20 Days Left

Danica narrowed her eyes at him sneering, but held no nasty comeback for the man. She flashed her teeth in annoyance, tongue slipping through her front. She growled listening to each and every annoying word that left his dark mouth, "For your information I don't think highly of myself. I'm just a mere yearling studying to be a teacher," She answered back like a crack of whip when it came to respond time. She didn't fully understand why, but this man was just a crawling under her skin. No one had ever talked so harshly to her in her life and she was struggling to let it go. She didn't want to stand for it.

Unwillingly she pulled herself away from what could have been a possible fight with how things were escalating, and turned to leave for good this time. She was shaking and huffing in anger as she loped past the cherry trees. Her nose was scrunched up while hackles had yet to smooth down her back. Furious thoughts raged throughout her brain, like little spiders running free from their mother making webs and soaring. She clacked her canines together with another hot headed snort.

Dani went to the edge of the Orchard before finally stopping to rest herself on the dozens blades of grass. Her chin laid upon her paws as she thought deeply over all that had happened. After a good ten minutes of thoroughly reassessing the situation she wonder if maybe, just, *Maybe I should go apologize...* At this thought as her eyes cast a guilty side glance. "No, you shouldn't. Making him pay is the much better option here." Zonta spoke experiencing her own little hissy fit of sorts. A cream head rolled to the side to peer up at the woman as if to say 'continue'. "Well, child, you could do a few simple things. Such as reporting him to your pack mates, attacking him, or better yet, murdering." Sparkling black eyes stared at her eagerly, but she would not move herself to do such things. Instead she lifted her head to cast her gaze towards home questioning if it was time to go back. Danica couldn't deny that where she lay was comfortable, but being lazy wouldn't do anyone good. Now, making use of herself and fetching something to eat on the other paw, wouldn't be unhandy. She sighed....”Speech”

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief