(See All?) Announcements
210 Users Online
Chan, Bing, Google, Baidu

The Run and Go
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Once again, Namid was out and about. After spending the night curled up in the embrace of Vespertio, she thought she’d get a head start on the tasks she knew she’d need to make daily. As quietly as she could she’d snuck away from his presence after pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek. Somehow, she’d managed to get out and about before he himself had woken up. It had been weeks since she’d actually seen the sunrise, for she’d been cooped up in the pack den resting and recuperating to the point where she’d slept in until near noon for most of the days. As she walked across the land she stopped to admire the ball of light as it lifted into the sky, inhaling a peaceful breath before heading straight for the borders, deciding to skirt along them for the day and map it out in her mind. In the back of her consciousness a sort of compass was kept, always pointing which way the camp was no matter what direction she took. It was important to her now that she know the ins and outs of Fallen Tree Cove. These were her lands now, these were the lands she would keep her family safe in.

These were the lands she would raise a family in.

Of course, she knew she was pregnant. She could tell her scent had changed, and could almost feel the changes in her body as well. These changes would only progress further and quickly, for in two months’ time she would be a new mother. How strange a thought, that she could be carrying such tiny bundles inside of her. But, at the same time she couldn’t be happier at the prospect. She knew she needed to be more careful now, do whatever she could to avoid altercations and, as an even bigger picture, avoid harm to her unborn pups. Already she felt a sense of protectiveness over them, that should anyone dare try to harm them they would quickly find themselves in a world of hurt.

For the time being though, while she could still walk without a wobble, she’d be doing her rounds by marking the borders, scouting for prospective members, and gathering prey for their caches. Hopefully some would show their faces and join their ranks, because who didn’t want to live in a land as beautiful as hers?

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2015, 02:45 AM by Namid.)
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Anthem had found a spot to rest the night before and he lay their now filled with a sense of dread. Twice he had gone out and twice he had failed to bring back someone with him. He had found a white rabbit though and had managed to save the coat. He wasn't exactly sure how he had done it but now he was bringing the flawless white fur back knowing it wouldn't make up for the lack of another member. Sullen he watched the sun begin to rise awake and aware that the borders of his home weren't far but reluctant to go with another failure on his head. The scent of the Cove had faded from his pelt until it was hardly their and he knew that if he waited much longer to return it wouldn't be their much longer. Growling low at himself for delaying he picked up the fur and began to make the short trek to the pack borders. He had put it off long enough besides it would be good to see Vespertio again and see if their luck had held. Maybe their would be some more new members. He could only hope. 

Silently he made his way through the rocks enjoying the feeling of the sun on his back. His spirits slowly began to rise as he began to notice the familiar sights. Then there was the border briefly he paused to take in the new scents and a smile came and went from his features hidden by the fur in his mouth. Without hesitation he then crossed the invisible line that divided claimed land from unclaimed. He didn't notice the silvery form that was also traveling in the pack area. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

The pale queen sniffed at a tree, judging how stale the marker was. Regardless she was going to mark it, for if the scent of both alphas was shown it might both deter any unwanted wolves and bring in ones that wanted a strong pack. Checking to see how stale it was, was mainly for the purpose of seeing how much more she would need to up her patrols. Her love couldn’t do everything on his own, and fortunately he wouldn’t have to anymore. However, with their meager numbers everyone still needed to pull their weight more than ever to ensure the continuation of their pack. Lifting her tail she did the deed, gave her pelt a swift shake then continued on her way.

A pause stalled her steps, ears swiveling forward and her head lifting up to scent the air suspiciously. Someone, it seemed, was nearing their lands. At the prospect of a new members, her features brightened and she quickened her step toward the sound of thudding paws. As she came nearer to it though, she was stunned to see them go right over their borders hardly without a pause. While the borders weren’t as strong as some other packs, they were still very hard to miss despite the fact that he was carrying what looked to be a pelt of some kind in his jaws. Her ears went back and she growled, surging forward to block the path of the stranger. Standing a few feet in front of him her tail laid over her back and her chin lifted, showing him who was boss in these lands. Nobody could miss the obvious dominance in her posture, that of a leader she was still getting used to. “Just what, pray tell, do you think you are doing?” She questioned, her voice low and demanding. There was no room for excuses in her tone, it said state your business or get out.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart

He hadn't taken more than a few steps when suddenly Anthem heard a growl. Adrenaline flooded through his veins as he turned toward the noise fur falling from his jaws forgotten. His lips curled back and a warning rumble echoed in his throat as a silvery female appeared in front of him her whole demeanor of a dominate wolf. His hackles raised as his tail flicked upward. He had left with only Vespertio as Alpha but as the smaller wolf demanded what he was doing he smelled the Cove on her pelt along with his friends scent. In fact a lot of his friends scent. He considered her a moment before he relaxed his expression and his tail dropped down once more. She must be one of the wolves that had joined and while Anthem had been away taken the spot of Queen in the pack. Well if Athena were to ever come back she would just have to deal with it. 

I have come back home. He answered tone neutral as he answered her question simply. His gaze didn't leave hers as he watched to see if she would get even more aggressive before he finally let them rest just below her eyes. Just like the previous Queen she would have to earn his respect he didn't give it out freely to all that he had met but he would try to appease her seeing as how she seemed to be interested in making some shiny new scars along his pelt. Like he needed more of them. If you don't believe me call Vespertio he will vouch that I am a pack-mate. He hadn't thought that his fellow pack-mates would treat him like a loner but then the Cove's scent had faded from his pelt so why wouldn't they especially if they hadn't seen him around at all. My name is Anthem. He introduced himself more out of an after thought than anything else.

I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Namid’s pelt bristled as the male seemed to fight back at her for a moment, refusing to bow to the obviously dominant stance she held. Who did this man think he was, blatantly crossing their borders without so much as a call then challenging her? It didn’t help that he had yet to give her a response and was currently looking her up and down like some chew-toy. She didn’t care that he was larger than her, she had the speed and agility no doubt to over-see her victory in a duel between the two if it should happen. Though, with her current condition she sincerely hoped that it wouldn’t come to that.

Her already perked ears twitched to catch the words that finally came from his mouth, and not a moment too soon. If another moment of silence had passed, pregnancy or not she would have chased him from their lands like hell was on his heels. His posture had relaxed only a slightly, and it did little to appease her. For another few moments, his gaze remained connected with hers before falling just short of her own visions is what looked to be a strained act of faint submission. A snort left her jowls and her tail gave a flick. He continued to tell her to call Vespertio, like a pup calling to tell on a sibling to their parent. He didn’t need to tell her twice, she had already planned on it the moment he’d crossed over. However, before she did bring him all the way out here she wanted a verification that he was who he said he was. If he was a part of their pack, he would smell like them and from where she was standing she was getting none of it.

With a cautious look that told him no funny business, she inched forward to get a little closer to Anthem. Extending her snout, she took a deep whiff and found the faint scent of cove. However, it was so faint that she still grew suspicious. Why would it be so faint if he were still a part of their pack? She didn’t know everything about their past, which meant that he could have been kicked from their ranks for all she knew. With a frown she backed up again to put more distance between them, “Do not move,” She ordered before lifting her head to call out to @Vespertio . He would come and help to sort things out here.

(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2015, 02:24 AM by Namid.)
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
It seemed that his reluctance to submit had struck a nerve. Anthem really didn't want to deal with a she-wolf who wanted him to cower in her presence and the more she tried to force him to the more he would fight back. It was ingrained in him. His tail flicked in irritation behind him. What was he going to do with this situation? She wanted him to submit and he didn't do that to those who hadn't earned his respect. He guessed that he would just have to wait until Vespertio arrived on the scene. Silently he watched as she seemed to decide something and giving him a look that he understood quite well as she crept forward. Holding still he didn't move as she came closer to get his scent even going as far as to hold his breathe so that she didn't mistake the movement for an impending attack. 

Expressions went across her face and he knew that she had found it, the scent of the cove, but it still didn't look like he had passed her test. He let out a barely their sigh as she ordered him not to move. Great she was already telling him what to do and his eyes held a hint of irritation. He had hoped that this would go a little better but it seemed that he would have to work on his social skills a bit more if he wanted to appease the silvery woman in front of him. Her howl echoed in the air and his own ears pricked forward as listened for the sounds of his friends approach.
I am the Anthem we sing,

Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Vespertio had been on the other end of the territory remarking the border when the call rang out. The angelic song of the woman who thawed the ice around his heart and now was carrying the unborn children and heirs of the pack in her womb. Ears pricked forward his creamy limbs came to a temporary halt to listen to each lofting tone as they tickled the inner lining of his rounded audits. Apparently his presence was needed as well on the other end of the borders. Without giving the summons a second thought his mountain toned muscles propelled his heavy frame with a thundering force across the land, tawny pelt zig-zagging through the trunks of pine trees nearly free of the winter snow that barely clung onto the needle thin leaves of their branches. Spring was here, yet winter was still refusing to give up her icy hold on the lore and its residents. Eventually she would have to forfeit the match and let mother nature take its course.    

Pink tinted tongue dangling between the points of his canines, the roughened pads of his paws brought him ever closer to the location Namid's howl had signaled from. A few more minutes passed before his frame pushed through the last stretch of pines and his speed gradually decreased down to a meager trot once he came upon the scene. It didn't take long for him to realize why she had called. Laid out before him was the silvery woman and the swarthy pelt of the pack male second, Anthem. A wolf Vespertio couldn't mistake even if the pack scent clung to his hair for dear life. Stepping closer to the two his tail habitually rose to curl over his spine to remind Anthem who was in charge, giving a slight flick at the tip in a friendly greeting despite the posturing before the cream of his muzzle gave a small nudge to Namid's cheek. "I see you have met the pack's male second, Anthem." His voice came out rough from his run there as gold optics moved to settle on the male, offering him a toothy grin. "Now what seems to be the problem here?" Vesper then asked, gaze drifting between the two of them to see who would speak up first.   

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

As her howl rang out, she returned her gaze to the male in front of her. An almost irritated look crossed across his gaze, a hardly audible sigh passing his lips that set her a bit on edge. She considered that perhaps she was being a bit harsh, but Namid was still getting used to what her position held. She was testing waters, finding out what she should and shouldn’t do which probably wouldn’t be held well by others. At the same time, however, she thought she was being perfectly reasonable. The Queen of the Lake had yet to know all of the members under her reign, and she also did not know the past that the Cove held. For all she knew, this male had been banished from their lands not long before she arrived there and was trying to sneak back in. This situation would explain the faint scent on his pelt. With her predicament she couldn’t be too careful, being too lenient could cause her to be taken advantage of and cause harm to their whole pack.

As she waited patiently for her lover to come she eye’d the male, auds swiveling to catch the faint thud of thundering paws. She perked, head lifting to scent the air and as if on que the agouti king and father to her children appeared. It surprised her how fast he had come to them, and she admired the obvious fitness that he was in. Hey, she was allowed at least a small ogle right? Pushing those thoughts aside, she listened intently as he moved to speak. The words that followed made guilt swim in her chest, her ears lowering for a split second before springing back up. "I see you have met the pack's male second, Anthem." he commented. So, she had been wrong in her precautious assumptions. Namid was not so prideful as to not admit her mistakes, and she thought that one was in order for the man she’d treated so harshly.

Returning his brief nuzzle she cleared her throat, “I was out patrolling the borders and happened upon Anthem. I did not know who he was and did not recall you mentioning him to me as of yet,” She replied, a faint blush coloring her cheeks in embarrassment. Thankfully, her plush pelt covered it and she held some dignity. “His scent is faint and I do not know much of the past yet to our lands, so I grew a bit suspicious. I thought it best to call you and be sure of it.” The woman finished. Now that that was over, she turned her attention to Anthem. “I know my words may not make up for the harshness I showed you, but I apologize for treating you as though you were a threat to us. I only wish to keep our family safe, I do hope you understand that.

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: I think that this is my longest post with Anthem. o3o

Anthem didn't have to wait long for the sound of paws against the ground came. His ears twisted as he listened though he kept his head faced in the direction of the silvery lady that was in front of him. He didn't expect her to turn on him after she had called for Vespertio...it was just him being cautious that's all. So when the smaller male finally made an appearance he noticed the way she gave Vespertio a looking over.

Knowing that whatever danger of being chased out was over he finally looked at his friend a full smile spreading across his face, one of his few rare ones. His blue gaze glanced across his friends form noting that he was in good health before meeting his eyes and then letting his own drop as well as overall posture. It didn't last long though before he straitened himself back up it was just to let Vespertio know that he was aware of his position. The fact that he went so far wasn't because he thought to make the lady, who still was introduced, feel out done but to show his respect for his friend and to make him aware that he had the larger man's trust.  Even if he had been gone for awhile.

Silently Anthem listened as the silvery woman spoke of what had happened. He didn't have much to add to her story but when she finished and then apologized he was surprised. It was evident in his face and he glanced at her eyes to see that she was honest and found that she was. To be truthful he thought she would blow it off and or not even say another word about it. Maybe it wouldn't be that hard for them to get along and it turn for her to earn his trust and for him to earn hers. It's fine I won't hold it against you. Better to have the borders over protected than with out any. What he said was true and he wouldn't find some petty way to take revenge for her not believing him. He wasn't like that and he didn't like those that were.

With that said he turned once more to Vespertio. I'm sorry I didn't find any one to join our ranks. He said smile gone and his words laced with shame as he let his head drop gaze to the smaller man's paws. He had gone were there were no packs what he hadn't thought of was that if there were no packs there likely wasn't much to eat so the loners that he had come across had no interest in him other than to try and steal the prey he did catch. The rabbit fur lay forgotten on the ground at his side and he made no move to get it.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2015, 03:58 AM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,