(See All?) Announcements
495 Users Online
Google, Bing, Atlas, Aven, Sophrosnia, Magg

turning point — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 114 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello
@Phineas and @Ace and maybe @Aponi if the need calls for it - Figured this was a thread that needed to happen...
Oh holy night
the stars are brightly shining

Slow and subtle hints had formed as her body started to change but she had not noticed any of them for quite a bit of time. Then, her scent started to change and she knew that it had happened - she was pregnant and she was going to be a mother. More importantly, Ace was going to be a father. She needed to talk to Phineas about it, especially since their last meeting was filled with tension. At this point, Aesire was not sure how she would react if Phineas had also taken a woman for his own within the pack. She supposed she would have to be okay with it if he was okay with her and Ace having their own spawn. The idea ruffled her fur a bit as she thought about everything. What was the point, exactly, of a challenge for leadership if he was going to take a mate anyway?

She could not concern herself with that. She needed to talk with them both. Surely, Ace would have noticed the change by now and Phineas too perhaps. She took a deep breath, the realization not fully hitting her as she raised her muzzle and howled for the both of them. The three of them had a lot to discuss. Aesire ran through the worst possibilities of what could happen in her mind. She tried her hardest not to think about it but it was too prevalent to ignore. Aesire had been, as usual, keeping herself busy to block away the worryin that she tended to do. This worrying did not make her weak, as some might believe including some of her own flesh and blood... it made her strong and on edge because she knew that worse was out there.

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2015, 06:56 PM by Aesire.)
[Image: MruC0QZ.png]
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
and I don't want the world to see me
'cause I don't think they'd understand

When Ace had first realized Aesire's scent had changed, he had been filled with nervousness, which gradually had changed to worry and then finally to happiness. He was going to be a father. After so many years of doing wrong and being wronged, something good had happened to him, and what more could he ask of the world other than a loving mate and children of his own? Nothing. He was a wolf of simple wants, and would be content with the most basic of things. His head lifted up at Aesire's call for Phineas and himself. Ace knew that they needed to talk with their leader, but he didn't expect it to be now. Lifting himself up from the rock he had been sunbathing on, the Silver Male padded quickly in the direction of his mate's call. He was eager to see her face again and be near her once more as she had seemed to be keeping herself busy most of the time.

An affectionate rumble emitted from Ace's throat when he saw Aesire, and he swiftly made his way to her side, brushing his cheek against hers. "You look beautiful," he murmured softly, gazing into her eyes. She was the most gorgeous creature he had ever laid his eyes upon, and he wanted her to know that. Stepping back from the embrace, Ace stood side-by-side to her as he, somewhat nervously, awaited Phineas' arrival. There was no need for him to feel that way, but as he himself was not also a leader of Silent Moon Plateau, he felt uneasy about everything. That wasn't to say he regretted what he had done, but it would make him feel a lot happier and at ease if he knew Phineas did not object to their coupling.

297 Words

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. The coyotes are on the ground not far from it.
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
This will be very interesting :o

Aesire's call rang out clear and true across the Plateau -- it was a summon that surprised him, given the silver female seemed more intent on avoiding him.. and her pack mates. HIs eyes flashed darkly as he nudged the final piece of dirt over the freshly stored cache, having just placed a half eaten pheasant within the ground. He of course had expected the queen of the Plateau to breed -- perhaps, though, she would have gained his blessing if she had been open with him from the start.

Their days had been quiet, and for that, he was grateful. His own uneasy mind flashed back to his night with Aponi, feeling a twist of sickened guilt in his chest. He was old enough to be the girl's father -- and while nature dictated the Alpha take a strong mate by his side, he had now been through two different she-wolves -- even had two litters with one. He held no intention of taking a mate, and he could only hope she would take their one night stand with the simplicity of what it had been -- a moment of weakness, where he had sought the loving embrace of another.

He came upon the two lovebirds -- his eyes swept over them, and while he did not catch sight of the slight changes in Aesire's physique, he did note the change of her scent, and a stoical mask slid over his features, his figure stiffening. He spoke nothing -- his fiery eyes merely swept between the two, awaiting word on what it was they had called him for.

He wanted them to tell him of how they had decided to sneak around behind his back, rather than coming to him first -- how they had deemed him, the creator of the haven they currently resided, as unimportant in the knowledge of bringing forth a litter the entire pack would need to sacrifice themselves for.
(This post was last modified: Apr 11, 2015, 01:35 PM by Phineas.)

Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello
Cross my heart and hope to die
burn my lungs and curse my eyes

This was going to be harder than the queen had originally thought as she tried to remember back to her conversations with Phineas. As she thought about it, Aes was not entirely sure if she had told Phineas of her plans because she had not been thinking about them at the time. Ace would arrive, making her feel special as he greeted her. She gulped then, watching as an overly cold Phineas arrived where she would dip her head. She had learned by now that even though she was queen, she was still his subordinate. "Phineas... I..." She was struggling to find the right words as a sense of panic overtook her. She would gulp as she gave a look to Ace for some kind of support, her head lowering slightly as she tried to think of the right words to say. Everyone here was on equal knowledge for it was difficult not to notice the fact that she was pregnant. What she feared for now was for her children, and what would happen to them for Phineas did not seem happy that the Plateau would be producing young, which in many ways would make them seem strong.

She finally found some bearings as to what she could even say. "I was going to tell you last time we talked but..." She tried to find the proper way to put things. She didn't want to say the wrong thing as she thought of the several things that she would say. You were too intimidating and I wasn't sure if it would happen. The words never made it out of her mind as she bit her tongue. She had to be strong. She started to wonder what had happened to the old her who had always been strong and never wavered.

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
So sorry for the long wait! @Phineas @Aesire

and I don't want the world to see me
'cause I don't think that they'd understand

It wasn't long until the large ivory form of their leader strolled forth, a stoic mask on his face and a stiffness to his movement. Ears flicking back, Ace swallowed as his gaze lowered slightly and drifted to the side. He could practically feel the muted anger radiating off of Phineas' body, and even without him saying anything, Ace just knew that he was waiting for them to explain their current situation. The Silver Male glanced to meet Aes' gaze as she began to speak and gave her what he hoped was a comforting smile even though on the inside, he too, felt unsure of what to do. He knew that beforehand they should have gone to Phineas and told him of their plans and possibly gain his blessing in return for their openness and honesty, but they had never planned for it to happen in the first place.

His head swiveled back to look at his leader's paws as Aesire began to speak again with some conviction in her voice, at least until her words faltered and trailed off. Glancing up at Phineas, Ace licked his lips as he continued on from what his mate had been talking about, hoping that he wasn't saying the wrong thing and in turn making everything that much more difficult for all of them. "We never planned for this to happen, so it was as much of a shock to us as it surely is to you." He closed his maw then, not wanting to unnecessarily ramble on and say something he shouldn't. Hopefully Phineas would understand. If not... well, they would cross that bridge when they came to it.

277 Words

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

His gaze shifted between them -- they stood before him, their dappled silver fur blending together, as if they were naughty children waiting for the storm to wash over them. Aesire had every right to breed -- what else had she fought for? Still, the surprise of it all was the least of his concern, and he cast a cold glance to either of them. "A heads up would have been nice," he determined then, his tone far more casual than normal. Yet while Aesire had every right to breed.. Ace did not, and the male had blatantly challenged his authority -- to procreate without even coming to him, the leader he had pledged his loyalty to, and the wolf who had taken him and his young friend in to his home.

"Give me one good reason why I should not chase you out of these lands now for your challenge to my authority," he spoke then, his harsh eyes rounding upon Ace. It was a very open question -- and one that deserved a very good answer to. The ivory King had not determined yet what he would do -- if the punishment would be banishment of the silver male from his lands.. but it would be know that there would be retribution of some kind. This pack was built by himself and the simple thought of that being challenged.. his paws clenched the ground as he held himself back, waiting for more of an answer -- for a reason. Something more substantial than 'we had an oops.'

Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello
Cross my heart and hope to die
burn my lungs and curse my eyes

His tone was too casual and she didn’t trust it. A heads up would have been nice? That was it? There would be nothing about him talking about his family line or how they were putting his family in danger by creating their own? This was not right. It was not until he spoke once more that her eyes would narrow at him. Surely he would not do this. He knew the pain of losing a mate and Aes would not stand for Ace leaving the lands. She would not allow him to be banished. Surely she would not be forced to raise their children alone in a pack where tension was at an all-time high – albeit that most of it was caused by her and how she fought her way to the crown.

She had challenged her way to the top for more than just breeding rights but she, in all honesty, was starting to regret it. She would not think like that though, debating with herself what to do. “Phineas, I was going to tell you, but you took off in a hurry. You didn’t give the chance for permission to be asked.” She had turned feisty on this conversation. She wasn’t going to let Ace take punishment for something she pushed for. “I fought for the right to breed and Ace is my mate. He wasn’t challenging your authority, he was listening to mine. I pushed it.” She tried to think of some way she could turn this so he wouldn’t receive any form of punishment.

She was visibly angry but it was unclear as to who she was angry at. Was she angry at Phineas? Was she angry at herself? She wasn’t entirely sure. She felt the need to protect herself, Ace, and the life that now grew inside of her.

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Skipping Mel in hopes of wrapping this up, as it's terribly outdated.

Aesire's words were foolish -- the reasoning she gave him doing nothing but stirring a harsh snort from the stoical male as he cast his blazing gaze upon her now, instead of her counterpart. "You had all the time in the world to tell me," he responded sharply. She had simply chosen not not. His tail gave an aggravating twitch then, his muzzle giving a harsh shake. "You fought because I asked of it. You all simply sat there, as if nature would work itself out in the end," he reminded her, his tone lowering as he looked upon her with open disgust then.

"And if it was breeding rights you fought for, you should have made that known as well. Now let us all hope there won't be two litters this year for the pack -- survival of one is hard enough," he spat out. Of course, he was no oracle nor prophet -- his only intent in that moment was to elicit concern in her for rash choices made. The thought of his brief interlude with Aponi was the farthest from his mind.. not believing that one night would result in anything.. and even if it had, it was he who had brought this pack together, and he would not have his authority challenged so blatantly.

Looking upon them both, he swallowed the desire to chase Ace with his tail between his legs from his land. If all turned out well, they would both steal away in to the night and never look back. Hypatia was at a prime age to challenge -- and she could win the title of leader.. of that, he was certain.

Without another word, the ivory Argyris swept away, finished with the conversation as it was. He had nothing more to say, and unless either of them pressed further upon the topic and walked after him, he would not look back.

Inactive Deceased
Aesire Destine-Caravello
aesire destine caravello
a pair of aces is when two becomes four

He did exactly what she wanted him to. He stopped looking towards her mate and instead directed everything towards her, because he was mad and she hoped she might be able to reason with him about it. “I was brand new to the pack. I fought for it sooner than I was going to because you called upon us. I was going to wait, settling in so I wasn’t some stranger suddenly trying to work her way up through the ranks, because how would that have looked? It would have looked bad on my part.” Her words combated his as she tried to make him see and understand her thinking.  She was frustrated, yes, because it all made sense in her head but she refused to be bullied by him over it.

His words troubled her a bit as she rose to her fiery nature. “I will make sure no child from this pack dies if it’s the last thing I do, Phineas.” Pure determination in her eyes as she made this promise. She wasn’t quite sure what she was supposed to do. The peppered lady stood there, her heart making up her mind and her mind turning into something much darker. Had he taken a lady as his own? “If you planned on taking a lady and making another litter, why even call the challenge for a leader to stand beside you?” It was a question that had been on her mind. How had his actions made any more sense than hers?

template base by GINNYSAURUS