(See All?) Announcements
681 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley, Mouseling

Back to Basics — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Okay! ^u^! Sorry if this feels a bit rushed, I'm having concentration problems today e_e.

Though a tad disappointed with the lack of 'bad guys', Darrah found it none other than astonishing that Drestig had actually went head on with a moose in the past. 'I wanna do that some day, I'd be so cool.' With a grin, the lad listened to what his elder had to say.

The Prince knew little to nothing about the family he had in other parts of the world, but just knowing they were there was kind of neat. "Cousins... Once removed. Hmm." He pondered over if he'd ever meet these pups, or if they would grow to be a distant memory in his head. "Big and old? Ha! You're big and old!" chuckling at his lame comeback, the boy nudged Drestig back. "I wanna go see the puppies soon, when I'm confident enough to leave the pack on my own for a few days. I think it'd be nice." He wanted to invite Drestig along with him, but wasn't sure if that'd be an inconvenience or not so he left it at that. 'Maybe when the time comes, he'll ask to come himself.' the Prince hoped he would, he really was sick of doing everything alone.

Darrah watched as Drestig's face drained from all happiness, and knew whatever the news was it had to be serious. The boy was never close to his uncle Ruiko, but he had seen him around on numerous occasions. "Dad's brother..." For once in his life the young Tainn knew why Triell might not of told him such important news, what must his father be feeling right now? "It means a lot to me, you filling me in..." he paused. "Thank you.." He knew what had to be done, the Prince had to go find his father, make sure he was surrounded by love and sympathy. "I think I'm going to go talk to him, We will see each other again, soon.. Right?" He didn't want Drestig to leave again, knowing he had someone to talk to meant more than the world to him. 'Maybe dad feels the same way.. Maybe he needs me right now..'

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Naah I loved it! Darrah is so adorable! <3 You can go ahead and archive if you want.
- And if you like we can backdate a spar thread? c:

Drestig followed the youngster's shifting expressions closely, noticing how he first smiled at the mention of moose hunting - I'll have to tell him that story - then became thoughtful at the mention of his kin to the west. He jabbed back at his uncle's comment about age, and Drestig laughed merrily, nodding to acknowledge his defeat; I AM old, aren't I? It didn't really bother him though, at least not in this moment.

He was a little surprised by Darrah's next words, not so much that he wanted to go explore on his own, but the rationality he put forth; Boy's his age should be free and reckless..! On the other hand, this level headed logic would be a strong trait for a future leader. Drestig smiled almost proudly; "I'd love to take you there once summer comes around," He offered, quickly adding: "Show you the way at least, I'm sure I'm gonna have duties beyond the mountain at that time anyway." Truly he would love to take the young man on a trip, showing him more of relic lore and enjoying some time with him one on one, but he didn't want the younger wolf to feel like he was being a burden or Drestig was going out of his way to look after him; And he might like to feel like he's doing it on his own, without a BABYSITTER! The older wolf grinned silently, he was watching the boy he had known since birth growing into a strong, caring and independent young wolf, and he was loving every minute of it.

Then they both grew serious as Darrah took in the news of his uncles death. As expected, he didn't seem overly devastated, but his face grew solemn and thoughtful again, and Drestig remained quiet, allowing the lad time to think over what he had just learned. Finally the gangly youngster spoke, and once again, his older counterpart was astonished by his good sense, and his compassion. He nodded solemnly, face serious, but eyes a light with emotion as the boy turned to go search for his father. The last question made a fresh smile break out on his lips though; "Of course Kid, I owe you a fighting lesson, right?" He grinned encouragingly at the boy, no , he wasn't gonna leave again, not anytime soon; I have a lot to catch up on!

Word count: 399

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12