(See All?) Announcements
526 Users Online
Google, Bing

From distant lands (M) — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildOne who has 28 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
Waring! Some might find the hunting section a bit gory!
The sun was just beginning to peak over the horizon, casting bright shades of orange, purple, and red to seep into the dark night blue. Birds chirped high above in the surrounding trees, soaring or jumping limb to limb. Then swooping down to hop around on the ground with an occasional peck. His ears twitched upon his head listening to the nature surrounding him as a gentle breeze parted his chocolate brown fur. His soft silver eyes peering down the path his dark paws were taking, unaware of his direction or destination. At least until the strong scent of clean, crisp, water flooded his nostrils. Greedily he took in a powerful whiff; his movements increasing to a steady lope through the woods.

As he moved closer and closer the sun rose higher and higher. By the time he had hit the open it glistened on the water casting a beautiful reflection as if saying 'Good morning, Chemical, have a drink while you visit.' The young man went to the edge of the shore his tongue slipping from his mouth. He lapped the water in such a rush one could guess that he had never appreciated it this much before. Despite it being a fairly cold day the yearling was hot from his travels. His fur was warm to the touch with dirt mangled in it, causing it to mat up in areas. Slowly he slipped in as if the fresh taste of the cool water was not enough for him. He had headed from the direction of the Larkcall lowlands to Turtleback Lake.

One by one his legs were submerged half way into the water till he gradually allowed his chest to go beneath, his rump following. The dark figure began to move forward quite uncaring of his actions, maybe even half asleep like. He wasn't fully aware of all he was doing right now. The constant paddling of her paws as they created swirls in the water, the way his pelt floated around him as it was freed of most mud. Or how his skin tingled at the chill that begun to settle in.

Before long he reached an island in the lake, the sun now baking down high within the sky. It had to be midday by now considering the orangery red ball's location. He stood in a shallow spot of water with little decent sized fish swimming about him, checking out the new creature. The area was well shaded and shallow for quite a long stretch. Kind of like a bay with a nice big tree reaching into it's water, roots dipping in to offer hiding places for it's inhabitants. He turned his broad head as a frog croaked near by, then splashed into the water. He watched it swim to the darkness beneath the roots he has just been staring at. It's short trip to the shore and over had caught his eyes on something floating about. Curiously he moved forward to check out the shiny grey object, a stench filling his nose. As he examined the scaly thing it quickly became aware to him that he had discovered a nasty rotting fish. Making a face, his chops scrunching, he picked it up and ran towards the shore. He was nearly gagging as he kicked up dirt.

He didn't stop till he was somewhere totally different, abandoned the fish, and dashed back. At that moment he rinsed his mouth thoroughly with intense disgust. His jaws swaying back and forth in the life sustaining liquid. Once satisfied he laid on a large root of the same tree that dunked into the sudden deep spot. His toes just barely dipping in as his eyes drooped. Soon the boy was drying off from the breeze as he slumbered in the shade of the leaves. All sorts of nature actively talking around him.
(This post was last modified: Jul 14, 2015, 01:52 AM by Chemical.)
High possiblity of me using my logitech keyboard & damaged phone to post for a very long time. 2 years easily with my dad's college needs using the wifi. My phone has unlimited data so I'm stuck with it for now. Hopefully I'll be getting a better phone so posting will be easier. I apologize for errors and short posts... I'll be using my grandparent's wifi mostly, but there is still a chance of a logitech post.
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

In his search for a quiet place to shelter for the night Kajika had found himself on one of islands in Turtleback Lake. At first he had been a little hesitant due to the fact it was surrounded by water but it had turned out to be a good choice for the night. When he awoke the following morning his ears were filled with the sounds of birds chirping all around him, no doubt welcoming the day. Kajika was hard pressed to raise from the bushed he had slept under but he knew that he would have to get up and greet the day as well. Slowly he rose from his resting place and stretched his large body.His stomach was already telling him that it was time to scare up something to eat. The thoughts of perhaps having a lazy day in the sun were pushed out of his mind. It would have been nice especially with it being as cold as it was. He sat down on his haunches for a moment to take in the scents and sounds around him. It was quiet on the island and he thought that perhaps he might return later when he need shelter but just then his stomach decided that it need to remind him that it was hungry.

Raising off his haunches he headed down to the water, a cool drink might help with his hunger till he could find something more substantial but he did keep his senses alert for anything that he might find along the way. However he didn’t expect to find much in the way of small prey that he could hunt himself and settled on the fact that he would have to cross the lake and probable head back up to the lowlands to catch something for his breakfast.

When he reached the water he stopped for a long cool drink, he did like the taste of the lakes water which is perhaps one of the reasons that he had chosen to stay around it for a few days after entering the area. It was his luck that he happened upon a school of fish and decided to give catching one a go. It did take him a couple of times to finally catch one but once it was clamped in his jaws he didn’t let go of it till he was well away from the water. It had been a small fish so it didn’t take him long to eat and by the time he’d finished it was rather late in the day.

The sounds of something in the brush caught Kajika’s attention, he wondered who or what else might be on the island with him. He let his ears lead him in the direction of the sounds until he was close enough that he caught not only the horrible stench of rotting fish, so horrible it was that he almost lost his breakfast, but also the scent of another wolf. Curious he followed the scent till it brought him back to the water where he found the other lounging on a tree root, “What was all the commotion about?” he asked casually as he stepped out onto the shore.

(This post was last modified: May 02, 2015, 01:59 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
The voice of another male drifted to his ears, but did not wake him. Chemical was so deep in his sleep that he had not awoke till his lopsided pose on the tree had betrayed him. With a loud plunk and splash he was jostled awake by the cold water, his paws taking action as soon as his eyes flew open. Glistening droplets sprayed into the air at his ungraceful and unintentional dive into the lake's depths. Grumpily he growled out a complaint, swimming to the shallower water. The dark boy shook himself standing in paw deep before glancing towards his new company. "Huh?" He asked offering a puzzled expression to @Kajika. Still he forced a sleepy smile onto his face, "Hello," He spoke while yawning loudly. His jaws stretched apart far as a pink tongue curled between white fangs. Only a moment later did they snap shut with a clink.

Walking over towards the other yearling, his tail wagging, he joined Kajika on the dry shore. "I'm prince Chemical," He began with a grin, "I come form a mountain called Himicu. By any chance, have you heard of it? Also what is this place called? I'm searching for a new home for my family." Perhaps he offered too much information and was over friendly, but the young man displayed no bitterness, so who cares? As the Romance waited patiently for a reply he looked over the other male, sizing him up. Then his gaze drifted towards the sky to peer up at it's seemingly never ending blue mass. Yes, he was bored already with this conversation, but no he was not ready to finish it. The two had just met for crying out loud.

(Sorry it's so small compared to my first post & yours...)
(This post was last modified: May 02, 2015, 01:40 AM by Chemical.)
High possiblity of me using my logitech keyboard & damaged phone to post for a very long time. 2 years easily with my dad's college needs using the wifi. My phone has unlimited data so I'm stuck with it for now. Hopefully I'll be getting a better phone so posting will be easier. I apologize for errors and short posts... I'll be using my grandparent's wifi mostly, but there is still a chance of a logitech post.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
OOC: No worries.

It seemed to Kajika that the other wolf had not heard his question.  He sat down on his haunches and considered his options of leaving and letting the other wolf sleep or waking him and asking his question again.  However he didn’t have to wait very long as the other ended up falling into the water.  A very humorous situation to be sure though Kajika did keep his amusement to himself as he watched the other wolf bring himself out of the water and shook the excess water from his pelt.  Kajika waited patiently as the other gathered his bearings. “Hello, that was quite the fall you took,” he stated when his presence was finally acknowledged.

He remained seated as his new companion approached him.  Kajika tilted his head to one side as the other wolf introduced himself as Prince Chemical and explained a little about where he had come from and what he was doing in this place.  “It’s a pleasure, I’m Kajika ,” He introduced himself.  As for the other, “No I haven’t heard of the place you are from, sorry. This place though is called Relic Lore I believe.  It’s a nice place at least from what I have seen,” He told the Prince.  Truth was Kajika wasn’t really sure how he should address this newcomer.

“I’m new to this place as well and looking for a new home. Are there many in your family that you want to bring?” He asked curiously. 

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
(Okay, but still, my muse is fighting me. I don't like that, lol XD )

A sheepish smile grew on his face at the comment, "Yeah, but actually kind of funny, despite the chill." He laughed akwardly at himself, before quieting down to listen. "The pleasure is all mine...Kajika?" He said unsure of the pronoucation, "No spefic title?" He asked in curiiousty, someone without a title was rare from where he came. Loners were scare as well. Oh wait, wasn't he considered a loner now? Deciding to push this thought away he replied with, "That's actually probably for the best, beauitful place, but famine has struck. Main reason I am out here searching, I much rather be with my family, especially for my mother's delivery. Relic Lore? That's an intresting name." He spoke with a thoughtful look in his silver grey orbs.

Chemical couldn't help but grin, "Yes, I plan on bringing all of my parents and multiple siblings. I have three littermates; Pain, Cain, and Ablex. Then two younger siblings, who are almost yearlings, Elixir and Alexa. I'm hoping that the litter is small this year to make the transition easier, but my gut tells me that it won't be." He enlighted the male gladly, the pride of his family evident. He sat with a more high and mighty posture, a charming smile lacing his lips. "So, what about your familiy?" He asked his age mate. "If we were to set up here, I'm not sure if we'd form a new pack or...worse. Split and join others. Either way, if you want, I wouldn't mind offering a home to you if times allow."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
OOC:  I have been there too and don't like it either but it happens to all of us at one time or another.

When the Prince the humor if the situation was acknowledged Kajika finally did let his amusement show with a smile crossing his lips, “Yes, though I think it would have been a bit more refreshing if it weren’t for this chill.” He gave Prince Chemical a moment though did not join him in laughing, he felt it would be inappropriate given the circumstances though he did nod when the other wolf repeated his man. “No, not anymore,” he said when he was asked about a specific title. Any title he may have had was lost the moment he decided to leave his pack and he would have to gain another when he found a new pack. “That’s really bad luck but moving on is for the best, hopefully you will be able to find a place before it’s too late for your mother to travel,” he commented. It would be best for the pups to be born in a place where food was plentiful. “Yes, it’s an interesting place from what I can tell. I would have to say this lake is my favorite place so far.” He thought that it wasn’t important to mention that he hadn’t been many places since he had come to Relic Lore. “I think that your family would like it here.” He did after all.

As the Prince spoke about his family Kajika thought about his and how much he missed them but he if he was going to stay strong in the decision he had made then he had to push it out of his mind. “You have a large family,” he stated, “But it would be nice to have them all with you if you came here. It’s not great having to move but to be able to have those who are familiar to you with you I think would make things easier.” Not only would they have each other but they would also be able to help each other. If there was one thing that Kajika knew about it was going through life on his own and having to relay completely on himself for everything.

As much as he wanted to push thoughts of his family out of his mind they were brought back to the forefront with a question about them. “They are back in my home lands but I had my mother and my sister and the rest of the pack but I felt it was time for me to move on,” he explained. Kajika wasn’t sure that going into all of the details was appropriate with someone he had just met. “I think that you should do whatever you can to stay together and I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t. Prey deems to be plentiful and there is plenty of water and space.” Kajika thought this was a good place for a family to live. “Thank you I will keep that in mind,” he said in response to the offer that he’d been given.

(This post was last modified: May 02, 2015, 04:58 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
Chemical listened to @Kajika, not saying much of anything. Maybe a one worded reply or simple nod of his head every once in awhile before finally, "Thank you for the advice, and your welcome." He spoke with a charming smile and gave a small, short, bow of his head at your welcome. Brown ears swivled about his cranium at the sound of a loud warning snort. As he turned to look an old doe stood with nostrils inflated, wide eyes staring directly at them. Her tail stood straight up on her butt to alert her followers. Chem found himself suddenly thankful for the wind that had kept their scent from traveling to her, leading up to this potentially fatal mistake. His silver eyes scanned over her aged body with it's pale bark covered fur and long slender legs. She was decent in size, but a fresh injury was prominet on her hind right theigh along with her age. Behind her stood a much younger doe and somewhere the smell of fawns drifted to his nose.

"Well, you weren't kidding on the prey part." Chemical whispered half jokingly feeling unsure of what to do, his body tense. With a sudden jump the lead doe twisted about herself, darting off. Three fawns and a possible yearling jumped up into view and darted off much quicker than her, along with the other adult leading them. The wolf sprung into action without hesitation, stalking the injured doe in heavy pursiut, her distinct scent mixed with puss. As of now a stragity hadn't came to his mind, but he would not loose her. Adrinline surged through him as his orbs gleamed with excitment. Hopefully his company would jump up and help him bring down a meal fit for several. One that would leave their bellies full for days...
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Though Kajika had only been in Relic Lore a short time and hadn’t even met any other wolves yet he still knew a little about the area they were in from what he had observed.  He knew there was still a lot of ground for him to cover but there would be time for that later.  He nodded when the other wolf thanked him for his advice, “Anything to help,” he stated, “After all it pays to know what you’re getting yourself into especially when you have others that you have to think about.”  Before the other wolf could say anything in return the warning sound of a doe reached Kajika’s ears bringing his gaze upon and old doe who was clearly aware that something wasn’t right.  As he surveyed the scene in front of him he realized that there were more of the doe’s heard with her but the most important detail of the scene unfurling in front of him was that the old doe was injured meaning this could be his chance to finally have that meal of deer he had been craving.

“Well, that wasn’t exactly what I was talking about,” he whispered back, though it most certainly would do. In what seemed to be a very fast moment the doe had turned to run and was followed by other members of her family.  Before he could even speak with his companion about a plan on how to take the doe down he found himself alone on the bank of the lake.  This was not good, not at all.  His companion had chosen to bolt off after the deer leaving him no choice but to chase after them.  His long strides allowed him to catch up easily and soon enough he was running alongside his new hunting companion, “One of us should get in front of her and try to cut her off,” he said thinking it would be a good strategy so that they hopefully wouldn’t have to expend all of their energy chasing the deer down. 

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
(Sorry it's been awhile.)

Chem, for a brief moment, had looked to over @Kajika when he whispered and forced a chuckle to stay down.

Heat pelted over his body, limbs stretching and returning, and jaws parted to allow his tongue to loll out. Bits of saliva flew back from his mouth to splatter on chocolate colored fur. At the suggestion from his partner he asked, "But who is faster? Should I go, or you?" He figured it was an important part of the ordeal. Then suddenly the fate of this hunt turned oddly in their favor. The doe, with her head start, veered off into what looked to be a creek at some point in time. The dip in the land was deep enough to reach above both sides of her, and it was pebbly like a shore beneath cloven hooves. Huffing and bleating wildly as she stood eye to eye with a dead end. For whatever reason the land formation rose up into a steep wall that she could not climb nor jump. Turning around to face the predators, injured hind leg hidden, she waited stomping her hoof. She couldn't die today....not this way, at least. With her new posture, an attempt to appear more threatening, this seemed to be written all over her. A determination burning from within.

When the doe had disappeared, turning into the ditch, Chemical's ears rose and his paws slowed. Unsure of what had happened he refrained from following her direct path and went slightly toward where she had been heading. It didn't take long for him to reach the unlucky creature, a single paw slipping from underneath him as he approached the unexpected dip. He fell with a soft thud, mud and small rocks hitting the ground below. Carefully the boy managed to pull himself back up onto all fours. The doe glanced up at him, locking orbs, as he awaited the other wolf's move. It seemed she was pretty preoccupied to if or if not the large yearling would attempt jumping on her. As if he had forgotten, and was therefore oblivious, to his partner in crime.

He broke the stare to shift his body, and like that she headed for the same way she came. Chemical's head snapped back and he barked at the other male harshly before shouting, "She's coming your way! Send her back into the ditch! We got an advantage over her here."