721 Users Online
Bing, Google

Carved your name across my eyelids — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Emma who has 116 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
@Chemical There is a full moon.

Noble didn't care which way she went now. Her feet took her away and that was all she asked of them.

On the inside she was sobbing. Heart breaking and faith slipping. Every step, every desperate bound, took her farther from death, but she still lost with every step. Noble wailed as she ran east, past everything she recognized and then beyond. For months she'd been so careful to not back-track. The dark girl had studied the stars every night and planned the next day in a direction she hadn't yet traveled. Noble wanted to make it home. Her feet dragged with exhaustion and Noble knew that would never happen now. The forest fire had made sure of that.

On the outside she was gasping. The air was still smokey even if the fire was miles behind her. But it would come for her; it had been on her heels for hours now, shepherded by a stiff breeze. Which ever way she went the smoke was there to greet her. Her mouth was wide open to suck in oxygen that seemed too heavy for her chest to take in. Every step trembled, some so much that she lost her footing and stumbled to the ground. She couldn't stop. Even more than finding her family, Noble wanted to live.

She didn't even notice how steep it had gotten, not keeping track of the number of times she fell as the land dropped away sharply. Nostrils plugged with smoke and blood pounding in her ears, Noble didn't know about the water until she stumbled one last time and plunged into the icy depths. She screamed as the cold enveloped her overworked, bony frame. The night was silence then, with a splutter, it released her and Noble weakly made for the shore.

Played by WildOne who has 28 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
Chemical  moseyed on about his own business, enjoying the full moon. The bright night orb was handy for traveling about and well, that's just what he needed to do. Get places and meet wolves. He was confident that he was on his way to discovering the perfect home for him and his family at the mountain. Carefully he walked, front paws stepping first then hind following, off a steep slope. His silver eyes studying every detail about him cautiously, ears pricked. For as long as he was away from his family, he was a lone wolf. Chem was the only one looking out for himself now, and no one else would care about that, no one.

As he paused to look up for a moment he saw a smaller, younger, figure race into the water. His hackles immediately rose in concern for the other wolf as they sputtered up. Quickly the yearling took off at a sprint to the water's edge, his paws kicking up pebbles as he sped forward. He appeared as a massive force charging forth in the night at a dangerous speed. His strong limbs moving in turn; pelt pushed back. When he was met with the water he leaped into it boldly and paddled out to Noble with strong, swift, strokes propelled by muscled legs.

Chem made it out to Noble clearly worried for her, and attempted to look friendly to the much smaller girl. Without a single word he offered himself as a raft to help swim her to shore. He wasn't sure if she was the type to refuse help, take it, or snap at him then accept it. Either which way he waited for her reaction in the icy cold water. It was much different than his chilling swim from the morning. He had not needed this and the bright warm sun had fallen from the sky to give it's reign to the full moon. As he watched the lost princess he wondered if she really wasn't drowning, and if he was just a goof.
High possiblity of me using my logitech keyboard & damaged phone to post for a very long time. 2 years easily with my dad's college needs using the wifi. My phone has unlimited data so I'm stuck with it for now. Hopefully I'll be getting a better phone so posting will be easier. I apologize for errors and short posts... I'll be using my grandparent's wifi mostly, but there is still a chance of a logitech post.
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
sorry for the wait @Chemical Iopah is a muse-whore

The water was torture. There was no relief for over-worked limbs and singed fur; it was too much cold, much too soon. Dark waves lapped at dirty shoulders then fell back over themselves, thick and gray with soot. Noble fought to exhale, struggling to force air from lungs that felt like they'd frozen stiff in the freezing water. Every movement hurt. Her legs were sore after the wild race away from the forest fire and the temperature made them cramp up mid-stroke. They kicked like mad under her and the sodden mess that was Noble moved closer to land.

Noble was miserable, almost too tired for grief, but didn't stop. Over the choppy waves she could see the rocky shore. The wet rocks glinted sharply in the moonlight. They looked uncomfortable, but sleep would have been divine anywhere. Noble wanted nothing more than to drag herself ashore and fall, comatose, onto them. She was determined and more than a little focused on her goal. The stranger was unnoticed until cold waves crashed against her shoulders to announce their arrival.

She gasped, turned to see Chemical and fairly hissed. "What're you doing?" The girl might've snapped if it hadn't meant having to touch him. Chemical was a stranger, and Noble was conditioned to be extremely suspicious of such types. The distraction made her feet slow and she dipped below the surface. "Get away!" She spluttered at him. Hackles rose despite the pins and needles sensation that travelled the chilled length of back. Finally she was ashore. Noble stumbled as numbed feet had to adapt once more and clumsily turned to face the male. "Please," she begged, "leave me alone."

[Image: ROWtwloha2015-btd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
(I take 5, you take 10?)

Chem's ears first rushed forward to listen, then submissivly fell back. Stumbling embaressedly over his words he explained himself, "I-I'm sorry miss, I thought that maybe you were drowing....I was simply trying to help you..." Heat burned him as she sheepishly looked away from her, narely manging to follow her path to the shore. Seemingly without much thought she made a simple decsion, and he nodded. "Okay then...but last time I checked, others were greatful for offered help. Even if it wasn't nessary or needed, if I was you, I'd take some time to learn my manners." His tone was a far cry from harsh, and he spoke kindly to Noble.

Turning, curious if he should really leave a puppy on her own, Chemical scented moose. Dark legs stolled across the ground as his nose twitched to catch a better trail, and soon enough he was off. A steady lope lead him up and away from the girl and towards a mouth wattering source. The carcus was a few days old and enough to fill him up for the travel ahead. He wasn't quite sure to where he was going and this was well needed for the young man. Thoughtless he dug into the moose, ripping meat from the ribs, cleaning them in a sense. He laid there gnawling peacefully till the girl crossed his mind. Her wet, cold, body appearing beofre him. It was then that he tore off a small peice for himself, dropped it and howled for her, then picked it up once more. Silently Chem wondered off a little ways. If she wanted it she would have to come near him, but he didn't mind sharing, let alone offering her the larger portion. No, not at all, she clearly needed it more.
High possiblity of me using my logitech keyboard & damaged phone to post for a very long time. 2 years easily with my dad's college needs using the wifi. My phone has unlimited data so I'm stuck with it for now. Hopefully I'll be getting a better phone so posting will be easier. I apologize for errors and short posts... I'll be using my grandparent's wifi mostly, but there is still a chance of a logitech post.
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
@Chemical

The cold water ran off her skinny body in sheets. Somewhere in the distance the forest fire was still burning, but she was safe now. Her safety, her life, had come at a great cost. The fire had cut off her path to home. Even if she could somehow get through it, Noble wasn't sure which direction to head anymore. She'd saved herself at the price of never seeing her family. What would "Kova" think of a sister that simply vanished? How long would "Minka" and "Tokino" search? Perhaps, a quiet voice suggested, they'd never started looking in the first place. How would they know she hadn't meant to leave, that it was the storm and not her decision? Despairing, she almost fell to the shore along with the water.

Almost. She stared at Chemical, shocked at this turn of event. Was she really being reprimanded on proper social etiquette? It was so unexpected and illogical that Noble simply stared, waiting for the punchline or the hallucination to stop. "Sorry," She finally said in a tone that sounded anything but apologetic. "But, I didn't ask for your help." Too much had happened to her tonight for Noble to give a crap about upsetting him.

He turned away and Noble felt a flush of pride in herself. Finally she was standing up for herself, others were recognizing her as some to be listened to and—

The scent of moose came to her with the embarrassing realization. Oh, he'd just lost interest in her. It had been a cold swim and an even harder race from the fire. She was hungry. Noble tagged far behind in the hope that he would leave something behind, the idea of stealing something was an option that hadn't yet occurred to her. The whole time he ate, Noble was a patient dripping shadow. When he looked up at her she shied away, ducking her head and feeling branches catch in the patchy fur over her flank. Then, all at once, he was moving away. Noble looked from Chemical to the meal he had left behind, and then back again. She wasn't going to ask questions. With the moon on he back she crept forward and began stripping meat from bone. The wind blew sideways across her and she stiffened at the heavy scent of smoke. The fire, she had nearly forgotten. She swallowed the bite in her mouth, a meal given in good faith. "It's bad, that fire, you should stay by the water."

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
(Sucky post, sorry.)

Chemical growled, clearly annoyed by her. "Pups..." He mumbled just loud enough for the child{i} to hear, forcing himself not to wheel around. She was younger than himself and hurting her wasn't anything to be proud of. Sure she was a rather big girl, but in the condition she was in it would have probably be a very easy fight. @Noble looked worn out from whatever had happened to her moments before they met. Then again there was alway the chance of him underestimating the black whelp, perhaps she had a strong heart.

He watched her approach the meal thinking, *What? No thank you? Ungrateful brat I could've saved that all for myself.* Bitterly the yearling continued to munch on what he had grabbed. The meat was very tough and mostly made up of gristle, the sound of his chewing nastily audible. Then she spoke, his silver orbs lifting at the mention of the fire. Chem had managed to miss it somehow and rose his head to look over in the general direction. He went wide eyed at the sight of the smoke rising into the dark sky. His appetite suddenly left him as he found his footing rather quickly saying, "Oh wow, maybe we should get going?" He spoke staring at the threat off in the distance. "I suppose that's why you were in such a rush..." He looked as if someone had slapped him with a fish, and an apology came with sympathy in it, "I'm sorry for getting mad at you kid. Didn't notice...to caught up in my goals, thanks for telling me." He supposed that in some way she had saved his foolish butt.

No longer interested with the meat he headed off, away from the direction of the fire. He wasn't sure if his company would stay there or go with him, and despite caring he kept going.

Chemical Romance
these elames WILL NOT engulf me
[/i][/i]
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
@Chemical! *sigh* Noble still has her clumsy puppy moments....

She watched as Chemical scrambled to his feet, her dark golden eyes lifted in curiosity as jaws worked away at the meal. The low rasp of her teeth against moose bone continued as he spoke, and she didn't move to follow him. Was he going to leave already? Despite a close call earlier with the fire, her fear of it was temporarily set-aside. Starvation was just as deadly as the fire. Her eyes flicked down to the meat and back up to Chemical. Was he going to just leave that there? It was a waste that Noble had a hard time seeing.

Her eyes dropped down to the carcass when he mentioned her rush. She was trying very hard to not remember that right not and how it meant home was now something she'd never be able to find. She'd rushed to save her life and lost the only home-ward trail she'd had. Noble stared hard at her meal and tried to pretend she hadn't heard him. It wasn't something she was ready to discuss, even lightly. She wasn't used to this conversation stuff, when Chemical apologized Noble simply let her tail twitched briskly in reply. It wasn't that she was trying at rudeness; Noble felt the typical flush of pride, but didn't know how to put it into words.

When Chemical started away Noble hesitated a moment then leapt to her feet. The meat had been left behind and Noble ran forward to grab it up and scurry after him. Now that finding home was not possible she didn't really have a plan, and following this wolf seemed as acceptable as another other option. She shifted the chunk of gristle around in her mouth to speak around it. "Wait... you should stay near the water... it's not safe...." The meat fell from her mouth and Noble stopped to snag it back up. It was wet with her spit and a pitifully small mouthful, but the girl offered a shy smile before ducking to proudly retrieve it.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Chemical Romance
(Okay, this might turn out crappy, sorry. I'm forcing out Chem muse that doesn't even exsit. My poor baby, lol.)

Chemical found himself smiling at the little lady as she dropped the moose meat. He couldn't help but quite honestly find her kinda really adorable for the moment. He stuttered briefly, distracted by her shyness, before regaining himself, "Well pretty miss, I'm more concerned about getting as far as I can from the fire." He quited to look at the raging flames, "It's on the opposite side...so we should be able to safely remove ourselves from it's presence." The boy looked back at her with a friendly, slightly charming, smile. "I didn't mean to scare you by the way, I'm just not use to meeting strangers. I'm far from home right now and it's...different." Though the dark furred Romance heir tried to hide the sadden fear in his eyes, a longing look for home, it shinned brightly in steel orbs. He was devoted to his family members and loved them more than anything.

Confidently walking in his chosen direction he fully expected the girl to follow him now. Nova's choice to pick up the meat had made him sure of her decision and he smiled, figuring he had this all under control. Walking away from the river he lead up the steep walls surrounding it, constantly looking back to see is she was fine or even coming. "So Nova, what do you like to do?" He asked hoping to defuse anything uncomfortable about their situation, such as the fact they were in danger of burning alive. No big deal. Inwardly he scoffed at his home sarcasm.

(This post was last modified: Jul 04, 2015, 02:13 AM by Chemical.)
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
lol Noble's so clueless! for plot-reasons, she's not going to give her name out (might wanna change Chem's last post?) and we can end with your next post, cause she's going to be stubborn about not moving now...

Noble followed in silence. She was distracted by carrying the chunk over steep terrain and by what Chemical had called her. The girl felt far from pretty -scruffy and stinking of smoke- and more to the point did not understand it's implication. She'd been lost at an age when boys were just other pups, no different than their female counterparts. The past winter, and illuminating spring breeding season, had been spent alone. Noble had idea what the differences between them meant and had no ideas what do make of Chemical's words.

When Chemical smiled back at her with all the charm in the world, Noble simply narrowed her eyes at him. It didn't seem like a good excuse to her, Noble was not used to meeting strangers either, but she would have done the exact opposite of the Romance heir. She had to look away at the expression that darkened his expression. It was hard enough to deal with the grief of her own lost family, she couldn't handle anymore. The forest fire had brought Noble and Chemical together and removed the girl's only chance of finding home. She hated fire and would avoid it at any cost now.

Noble shrugged an answer at first before realizing the rudeness of it. "Was lookin' for my family, but after the fire..." Noble shrugged again, trying to seem strong, and felt her eyes sting. "I dunno where I searched and where I didn't." The dark girl turned and realized how far from the river they'd come. Fear trickled down her spine like water. It was all that kept the fire away and they couldn't leave it!  She skidded to a halt, even if Chemical continued she couldn't make herself follow him. Dark feet inched backward and she gulped visibly, "I'm going to stay by the water." She whispered, fear choking out anything louder.