520 Users Online
Bing, Lillia, Google

Borderline — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

With the news about the pups Anthem had taken it upon himself to patrol more frequently. He made sure that the scents of the pack remained strong and he made deliberate marks to let even the stupidest wolf know that this territory was taken. He was in the middle of one of the patrols along the southern edge. The clouds cast their gray shadows upon the lake while the stormy male moved with intent focus. He listened to the sounds of the water lapping among the rocks and the birds as they sang their song. If only every day was like this. Slowing so that he could could lap at the cool liquid his eyes scanned the area outward. Maybe he would run into his pack-mates maybe not. He really should get to know them. Lifting his head, water dripped from his muzzle, he stared across the pale water. He didn't have anyone that he cared about the way Vespertio and Namid did about each other. Sure he had his friends bu every time he got closer than that to them something happened. 

Growling under his breath Anthem turned and began to move once more a faint frown on his face. He didn't need to be thinking those things his most important goal was to make sure that the pups that were born would have a safe place to grow up in. They needed that security and it would give their parents less to worry about which would mean they could focus more on the pups rather than on if they were going to be invaded by some other pack that didn't want them their. No they didn't need that so with that in mind Anthem continued on his way everything about him all but screaming that he was on a mission and that he wouldn't be distracted from it.

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
OOC: Mind if I drop in? :)
Word Count: 267

Tagg wandered around his new territory, exploring and familiarizing himself with it.  He wanted to be useful to his pack, especially now that they were expecting puppies.  He was still recovering from his injury, but he wanted to be able to defend his pack should the need arise, and he'd learned that knowledge of the topography was always an advantage.

The scent of another pack member hit Tagg's nose, and he paused.  It was someone he hadn't been introduced to yet.  He looked around, hoping to catch him and see if he might be willing to let Tagg tag along with him, whatever he was doing.  He started forward again, head still swiveling to avoid missing the other wolf in his blind spot.  

The scent grew stronger, informing Tagg he was growing closer.  Finally, he heard the quiet muttering of the other wolf and let out a soft woof to announce his presence so he didn't startle him.  "I don't think we've met." Tagg said, slowly approaching.  He made sure his tail and ears were down so the man knew he wasn't trying to be pretentious.   "I'm Tagg, one of Rift's friends.  I'm new.  If it's not too much trouble, might I join you for a little while?"

I hope he's not in a bad mood, Tagg thought, stopping a respectful distance from the other wolf.  As always, he held his head slightly to the left to both shield his blind side and provide a better view of the man before him.  And I hope he's feeling friendly today.  He added silently, awaiting the other wolf's introduction.

"Speech"   Thought
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: Yay someone joined! *cheers* :D

With his paws taking him along the edge of the territory Anthem considered what he would do if he found someone trying to slip in. Their was always the chance that they were part of the pack but he had seen all that were withing the pack at the meeting. He didn't think that anyone had joined since then. He would likely try and figure out why they were their and then fight them off. The thing was should he stop going after them at the border or until he made sure that they had learned their lesson? It was something to consider as he walked his thoughts the only thing keeping him company.

At least that was what he thought until a woof announced the presence of someone. Stopping so that he could see who had decided to join him Anthem saw the young wolf that he had nodded to at the meeting. He watched as the other approached with his body lowered and ears back. It wasn't everyday that he had others submitting to him. When he had first gotten here all he had ever gotten was dominance here, dominance there. It seemed that everyone had a dominant streak in them. Though the storm pelted man wouldn't submit to others unless he respected them he didn't care if others were submissive to him or not. That is as long as they knew their place. 

My name's Anthem and i'm Vespertio's beta. He said it in a way that said he was simply stating the facts and not that he was bragging about it. If you want to come I won't stop you. He said as he began to walk again, slower this time so that the other could walk with him without struggling to keep up with Anthem's longer strides. What do you think about the Cove? Anthem asked glancing at the younger wolf, asking more to start a conversation than actually wanting to know.
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 241

Tagg's posture relaxed as he realized the other wolf, Anthem, didn't really care for it.  This made Tagg feel far more comfortable; he would, of course, still show him respect, as he was the beta, but Tagg felt that the best leaders tried to see eye-to-eye with their pack members.  He joined Anthem, not quite walking evenly with him.  He noticed the beta had slowed his gait so Tagg could keep up easier.  He flicked his ears in surprise.

"It's  alright, I guess." Tagg shrugged, replying to Anthem's question.  "I haven't been in a pack for a while, so I'm still getting used to it.  Namid and Vespertio seem pretty close, which is good."  The thought of the incoming puppies made Tagg's insides feel warm. "But even though I'm new, the thought of an incoming litter is very exciting.  I love puppies."  He added, shooting a glance at Anthem, who was on his blind side so Tagg could watch the forest around them.

Tagg thought for a moment.  He got the feeling Anthem was only making conversation to be polite, and while Tagg didn't want to be obnoxious he had a few questions.  "How long has the pack actually been around?  They said something about this being the pack's first litter, so..."  Tagg trailed away, unsure how to finish his sentence.  "What I mean is, well, nobody really seemed to know each other that well.  Is the pack still that young?"

"Speech"
l
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
His gaze was scanning the ground in front of him as Anthem walked but he glanced at his companion when he spoke up. So the large male wasn't the only one who hadn't been in a pack for a long time. It was a comforting thought knowing that he wasn't the only who hadn't been part of a large group in a while. Puppies are always something to be excited about. He commented tone a little lighter a small smile on his face. Puppies he would make sure that they were safe. That would mean that he would have to spar some more and he needed to speak to Vespertio or Namid even about becoming a Guardian. 

Tagg's next question had him pausing briefly but he continued after a brief second. He hadn't expected the question and was a little surprised about it. Thinking as he sniffed the air at the scent of fox he continued on. I think the pack was created last summer or fall. I joined when it was just starting to snow. The reason why the pack feels young though is because we lost every member but Vespertio and myself. I went in search of members so that's why I wasn't around when you or everyone else joined. He is the last founding member of the pack that still remains. Anthem spoke the last part softer. What was it like knowing that everyone who had pledged themselves to you had left, except one? It must have driven his friend nuts while Anthem had been away. 

Falling silent he began to pick were he put his paws steps with more care as the neared the northern border. Here it was becoming rockier and Anthem didn't want to get a twisted ankle. Watch your step. He commented having noticed that Tagg seemed to be blind in one eye. Just like Anthem's brother was, except the stormy male had been the cause along with a little rock. He didn't know what the other's story was but he kept an eye on him in case he did lose his footing.
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 250

Tagg was surprised.  He'd felt the tension, but he hadn't known so many wolves had abandoned the pack.  He couldn't imagine blatantly leaving someone you'd pledged yourself to, no matter what.  Her certainly wouldn't be here if his own pack hadn't been killed, but now that he was and he'd chosen to stay, he would do so to the last of his ability.  The thought of abandoning your pack...

Tagg shrugged, watching where he put his feet so he didn't trip. "That is... horrible."  He said slowly. 

Tagg glanced at Anthem, who he was sure had noticed his blind eye.  It was the side facing him, after all.  Yet he hadn't mention it, and neither was he staring or making a big deal out of it.  This made Tagg feel far better about the older wolf and even earned him a little respect.  Though he knew Anthem had to have his own reasons for leaving it be, to Tagg it felt as if Anthem understood that every wolf had a past and not everyone wanted to share it.

It was something Tagg appreciated in others.

"So... you said you were out trying to find other members.  Did you succeed?"  How many members that had been at the meeting were there because Anthem had brought them there?  Tagg was curious.  He wanted to learn everything he could about his new family as fast as he could.  Knowledge was power, and he intended to direct that power against anybody threatening their safety.

"Speech"  Thought
l
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Anthem noted that the his companion seemed to be doing okay with getting around on the rocky terrain, but he still kept an eye on him. He didn't want someone to become hurt and have to deal with that healer. A sliver of distrust went down his spine he didn't like the other older man he just didn't know why. It was likely the disrespect that had been shown at the meeting. That was probably it. The large man let out a sigh at Tagg's words. It is which is why I will follow Vespertio were ever he might go. Plus he has earned my respect and loyalty. He stated as he looked at the younger male. 

The next question had a bitter smile sliding across his face. He hadn't found anyone to join them. Not one. The ones he had met only wanted to have him hunt for them or take the prey he did catch away from him. Unfortunately I didn't find anyone on my first trip nor on my second. It was something that he felt had marred him. He, a loyal member, hadn't been able to fulfill his leader's wishes. Even after he had returned with the white rabbit pelt he still had that itch that told him he should still be trying to find someone to join their ranks. 

Wanting to change the subject Anthem asked his own question. You said you are a friend of Rift's? Was she the one you were sitting next to at the meeting? 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 204

Tagg's ears twitched in surprise.  Anthem seemed like such a nice wolf; how had he not been able to convince anyone to come?  "I'm sorry." He said quietly.  

Tagg felt a small smile play over his face at the mention of Rift.  "Yeah."  He said.  "She's the reason I came this way.  We met at the bottom of the mountains, and we started this way together... but we got separated.  I knew she was planning on heading towards the mountains, so I came this way and found her."  A tingle of pleasure ran through him.  "I was very surprised, to be honest.  But I'm glad I did.  Vespertio seems like a good, understanding leader.  He's the kind of wolf I can respect."

Tagg huffed a sigh as he thought about his friend.  She'd vanished right after the pack meeting without a word.  He was worried about her.   His shoulders slumped and his tail lowered.  Did Vespertio kicked her out for standing up for me? For allowing me within pack borders without his permission?  His stomach knotted.  He would hate for her to have gotten in trouble for his sake.

"So how big is our territory?" Tagg asked, trying to get his mind off Rift.
l
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
The whispered 'I'm sorry.' had Anthem's eyes narrowing slightly. He didn't want Tagg's pity he had only shared because if he spoke to the others he would figure it out soon enough. Save him the leg work and all that. Then the mood lightened considerably as the younger male began to speak about Rift. The larger man raised a brow as the other explained how the had met, lost each other, and presumably met at the Cove. Silently he contemplated why they had been going towards the mountains. Were they running from something perhaps? He figured he might as well ask the safety of the upcoming pups could be put at risk if they were being followed by someone who wanted them to go with them. 

He opened his mouth but closed it with a click as Tagg's posture changed. It wasn't one of submission but one of worry. How should he approach this he wondered as they continued to make their way along the borders edge. He wasn't one to give comfort unless he knew the other wolf well and he had essentially just met Tagg so he didn't know how to act. 

The choices were taken out of his paws as the younger man asked a question that was obviously supposed to be a distraction to himself. Anthem would oblidge him. Our territory runs to the north stopping before reaching Dire Mountain and to the south until you reach the little cove that is part of our name. It's a larger area seeing as how we reach around the lake on either side a ways. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
OOC: Sorry, I'm having a hard time getting my creative juices flowing...
Word Count: 210

Tagg was in awe.  "Wow." He couldn't help but say.  "We're definitely larger than I expected."  He swiveled his head around to take in a broader view and get a glance of Anthem for a moment.  Something tickled the back of his mind, like he'd forgotten something, but he wasn't sure what it could have been.  He shrugged, nearly misplacing a foot.  He stumbled but managed to catch himself without twisting a paw, to his relief.  That was the last thing he needed.

"I just loved the mountain air, don't you?" He said, inhaling deeply through his nose.  It was so much better than the heavy snow he'd encountered at the foot of the mountain.  He'd been terrified he might not make it, and Rift and Ceara had saved him. Sort of.  It was funny to think that Rift had been so suspicious of him at first, and he let out a little snort of laughter.  He was glad she'd had a change of heart.

"I hope we have a good summer." He mused, his thoughts of the cold he'd endured leading him to the desire for warmth.  "The better the weather, the more prey is likely to be out.  The better we eat, the faster the pups will grow."
l