(See All?) Announcements
698 Users Online
Google, Bing

absolution calling — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Sorry in advance, I really suck at hunting threads XD! I dunno why I thought this would be a good idea. UuU.

Darrah laughed as his new friend's words reached him, for they were nothing but the truth. Success had a way of making one cocky, whereas failure made one work harder. He'd already experienced plenty from each end, though only defeat had ever managed to shape him into something stronger. "Well spoken." he snickered, managing to remain rather close on her trail. This were to be his first competition, though he held no intentions of letting it appear as such. 'It all lies in concentration.' determined, he split away from her to find his first victim's.

It would seem rabbit's weren't as stupid as Darrah had assumed, for most of them were already well aware of the dangers that lied ahead. He knew he hadn't the time to think about his course of action, they'd all be running for shelter in what could only be seconds. 'Sorry little guys.' he bowed his head lightly toward the tiny mammal's before bounding to attack. Hunting would always be somewhat of a sad experience for the prince, but he knew there was no changing the mighty food-chain. Clock ticking, he made note to share more thanks toward his prey when this proved to be over with.

Wasting no more time taking their lives, the yearling quickly enclosed his jaws around two rabbit's, 'Yes!' he thought he'd soon claim victory, though glancing over would disprove that theory. Anna possessed three rabbit's.  'Shit.' he grumbled, quickly scanning the area for any possible remaining rabbit's. There hadn't appeared to be any left over, and he was about to call it quits. "Anna you wi-- No!!" shock took over the boys face as he turned to Anna, only to see her burrowing herself into their den. 'If she gets in there then I'll have lost by a LOT of rabbit's!!' panicked, he sprinted over to the scene.

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 79 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder
OOC: You're doing perfectly fine! You, me, then you again & we can wrap up them actually hunting, then just two more posts to reach the 15 total necessary to claim hunting lp!

Her ears flicked back as she heard her name spoken by the young prince, while the rest of her remained completely enthralled in unearthing their cowering prey. A faint chuckle bubbled up in her throat as she noticed that he had been about to throw the towel in. Did he really think she'd allow their work to be so short and easy? No, Anneliese was having fun, and thus she was determined to make this continue a while longer. After all, the spring had well bloated this warren and the pack could use the extra meat in its cache for when the little ones finally left the safety of Nayeli's womb.

From her peripheral, she noticed him skittering to join her, and spoke out so as to make sure he directed his attention toward another hole and didn't meddle with her's; "We don't want eradicate this warren, of course," she began in gentle warning, not sure how overeager Darrah could be nor if he would allow himself to get carried away in competition. "however, I bet I can get more rabbits out of this burrough than any one you pick!"

Once again, her voice was completely good-natured despite the taunting tilt her words took on. Nothing about Anna was ever malignant, not unless you were unlucky enough to be considered a villain by the knightly lass.
Darrah Tainn
Sounds good :)

Bewildered, Darrah took his cream-coated friend's advice and frantically searched for another burrough. His inexperience was surely showing by now, the yearling was completely at a loss. He'd never really hunted in company before, and instinct wasn't exactly kicking in the way it should. 'I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing. She's obviously more experienced, but if I try my hardest I might still stand a fighting chance..' It was hard to remain optimistic,  especially in times under pressure, but the least he could do was try. Squinting into nearby locations, the prince pinpointed his newly targeted prey.

Scampering off to the nearest rabbit den, Darrah attempted his best go at mimicking Anna. He'd never really seen a tactic like this before, but there was no doubt she knew what she was doing. "You don't stand a chance!" The competition was definitely back on. Though this wasn't an activity he'd partake in on normal occasion, it was proving to be a lot of fun. He was glad they decided to do this together, and perhaps it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he were to lose, but he sure as hell wouldn't go down without a fight. Digging as fast as his yearling paws allowed, he glanced back over at Anna to check up on her progress. The plan was to reach his rabbits before she could reach hers, he'd just have to hope his hole had a few extra in comparison. "How're you doing over there? Better hurry!" he chuckled, hoping she was having just as good of a time.

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder
Her claws sliced through the dirt, the burrough's ceiling caving in large mounds only to be shoveled away between her hind legs with cupped paws and strong forelimbs. Occasionally she would snag on root systems both vein-like and thick as small branches, but with a particularly hard yank they each would give and fail to stop her as Anneliese powered through. By the time she was up to her shoulders, tail waving about in the air as she used her rear end to firmly anchor herself, she felt something that crumble but was instead plush and warm.

With lightning quick reaction, the knightly woman switched gears, hooking her talons into the squirming flesh and rapidly reeling it in. Seconds later, one more slain rabbit carcass joined her pile. Moments later, Anna managed to retrieve another, before she felt the tunnel split into a fork and the system started to collapse. She pulled herself from the trench she had created and shook herself off, dislodging the dusting of earth clumps from her blonde fur before turning to count her bounty.

"I've got five here, sir!" she announced. Her tongue spilled out from the cradle of her teeth to split her smile in half as she panted. Beryl eyes watched the prince at work, before she turned once again to return the displaced earth to where it belonged.
Darrah Tainn

Shouldn't he of caught on by now? Darrah just wasn't quite getting into the flow of things, but Anna made it look so easy! Weaseling his way in through the hardly agreeable hole he'd made for himself, the prince struggled to find much of anything! 'It's a dud!' he groaned in frustration. 'No, There's gotta be something!' The yearling couldn't possibly let it end like this, could he?

With some luck, and after eagerly wriggling his way in just a touch further, Darrah was able to snag a bite of the one plush fleshy creature that seemingly resided in his horribly picked bate-trap. What was that now, three all together? Could he even count this last one as a third? It was nothing but a kit, including it almost felt like cheating. 'How many did she have with her earlier? Did I even get the chance to see?' things were looking grim, though he knew he'd probably have to wrap it up with the few rabbit's he managed out with. 'Little too late to find myself a better hole.' rolling his eyes, the young Tainn squirmed with difficulty to escape from the subsided soil.

Swooning over Anna's cache's, Darrah couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed over his lackluster display of corpses. "I got three.." he mumbled, hoping maybe she'd take some form of pity on him. "The hole I picked was a flop..." At least he could say he tried his best, and maybe three wasn't so bad for someone lacking so much experience? He wouldn't know, and would have to let his friend be the judge. 'Man, this sucks. Should'a hunted mice instead.'

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder
As she packed the earth down, Darrah's disappointed mumbling caught her attention. She finished her task at paw before returning to their little gathering of corpses. Her eyes scouted over each kill, a small chuckled gracing the air as she spied the chubby little kit that had been his lottery pick's only gain. Yes, he had tried, and that certainly was something the woman noticed and thoroughly appreciated. After all, the second round of pick-your-hat hadn't been much of a skilled task, but rather one of luck. There was no pride to be taken in the win, and while the competitive game had been fun, it had been secondary to their true goal; helping to feed the pack.

"Wonderful," she said, nosing the lifeless little bodies together so that they could grab them en masse and transport them to the pack's chace. "I'd say we've done a good job for today."The small bounty wasn't a deer, but it was still something, and enough to keep a couple of them going for a while.

"What do you say we take them to the nearest cache and then go for that walk?" she asked him. Only a moments hesitation was given to await his answer before she leaned her head down to try and gather four of them together by the scruff between her teeth.
(This post was last modified: Jul 06, 2015, 02:07 AM by Anneliese.)
Darrah Tainn
I'm so sorry! Life hasn't been treating me well :( I'll be faster from now on I promise!

Anneliese hadn't decided upon mocking the prince, an admirable decision in his book. He grinned as she mentioned the walk spoken of before the hunt ever began. "Almost forgot about that, adrenaline has a way of making my memory foggy." not the most mature confession, though at least the yearling wasn't completely shy about his faults. "Sounds like a plan!" The young Tainn wasn't slow in grabbing their limp, lifeless bodies. What he enjoyed even more than competition; exploration. Perhaps they'd stumble upon unknown sights. He had been seeking out a better place for meditation. "Leth's go" he spat, finding the difficulty of talking with his mouth full to be quite annoying.

Eager, Darrah quickly began to lead the way back to the cache's. The feeling of doing well in the name of his family sure was delightful, and he'd hoped his father wouldn't let it go unnoticed. Being king meant keeping the Bend alive and well, wasn't he doing just that? 'Just hope that my year of lazing around can be properly forgotten once I've proven myself capable of following in his footsteps..' Triell had been easy on the boy and his grotesque attitude. In fact, everyone had been. He'd repeat it forever more, but the prince really had to make it up to them.

"Hey.. Anna.." He spoke quietly after spitting the rabbits out close enough to their destination. "Do you know anything about ruling over a pack..?" Surely this was something to be discussed with his father, Darrah knew that. But even as his own blood, Triell was intimidating. 'I cannot bother him with stupid conversation...'

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder
It's okay! I'm clearly worse ;~;

Annelise chuckled at his words, quite enjoying his honesty, before silencing herself with a carefully-gathered mouthful of rabbits. Allowing her prince to take the lead, she followed him at only a few paces behind. Once more, a healthy dose of positivity entered her veins as this wonderful little hunting game hinted that perhaps she had chosen the right pack after all. At the least, she had a prince that she could support and had a strong feeling that she would enjoy aiding the boy on his climb to the throne. Surely, for him to be the young man he was today, Triell needed to be a good man. At least, she very much hoped it was the alpha and not his absent wife who had instilled such decent qualities within Darrah. Anneliese found that she was a little shy about finding out which was true, unsure of how she would feel if both of her monarchs carried the same unapproachable demeanor as Spieden had.

When they arrived to the cache she was able to distract herself with the task of depositing the hares and burying them in the rich, dark woodland soil. As they neared the end of their work, Darrah gave her something else to take her mind off the negative possibilities. A broad and modest grin found its place upon her buttercup maw as she answered him, paws slowly taking her away from the cache to begin their walk together.

"Not through personal experience," she admitted, "I don't possess royal blood, but I did aspire to be the leader of my unit. What I could tell you, is what I know of the examples of great men who both served and led my natal pack..." her voice faded as they continued on, further from the mound of freshly tilled earth and deeper into the woods.