(See All?) Announcements
264 Users Online
Bing

And I don't want to go home right now
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
4/19/15, 4:30 PM, Light sprinkles of rain, 38° F,  3° C – We'd love it if an SW member (@Mirren @Nina @Miccah @Kite @Hudson @Aideen @Danica @Unitas @Pacem) or members, would join in after @Astraeus posts!

They could have picked a better day to go exploring. Or rather, Astraeus could have picked a better day to ask her to go exploring with him. It wasn't all that bad; but the sky was grey and boring, and it spit the occasional rain droplet at them as if it detested their very presence but lacked the energy or interest to chase them off. Typical early spring weather. The grass was beginning to green up but it did little to absorb the melt water that had made the lower fields into a bog. At least it was getting better; the mud no longer splattered up her sides and legs as it had before. Now it just clung uncomfortably between her toes – cold and gritty. Despite all this, she had said 'yes' to the mahogany-eyed man. He was quickly becoming one of her closer acquaintances here at the Downs, and she hated being alone all the time.

On top of this, Raela loved how excited the prospect of 'adventuring' obviously was to him. She too, loved to wander the woods and hills of the Downs; taking in all of the wildlife and scenery. That was the Downs though, and at first she had been apprehensive at the idea of stepping outside their territory. Not once had she wandered this far, not since arriving. The need for recovery had been an easy excuse, but in truth the girl was just as afraid of running into enemies as she was afraid of worsening her condition. Now there was a named threat, the 'Secret Woodlands' wolves who'd mauled Lugh. Perhaps the perpetrators were no longer around, as Inali had said, or maybe they were still lurking. At least with Aeus by her side she felt better about it. A big wolf like himself ought to be able to protect her, or at least give her enough time to escape. And hey, maybe they'd find something useful to report back to Minka out here. The tawny girl would probably pick up on an enemy's presence long before they noticed her's anyway – she was not easily caught off guard.

No, she was not oblivious. As they moved forward, her ears and eyes were constantly on the alert. Bright orbs flickered this way and that, barely taking in the beautiful cherry trees just beginning to bloom. She was nervous, as usual. Placing herself behind Astraeus allowed her full use of her faculties while showing him the least of her twitchy behavior. It had saved her life many a time, but it did tend to make others question her mental state. An ear lingered in place just a second too long, signaling the detection of a foreign sound. Footsteps. The girl stared, unable to locate their source. Smaller than a bear, larger than a coyote... Whatever it was, it was too close for her liking, but too far away to be distinguishable. Rae stepped forward, nudging her dark-furred companion with her nose in silent warning, not expecting him to have noticed it yet. They were so vulnerable here; the trees were widespread with few bushes to disguise them, and the grasses were not nearly tall enough to offer the humblest camouflage. She froze, her gaze struggling to pinpoint the threat. No detectable scent, we're upwind. Hey, with such little foliage, at least she could run.

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Poppin' who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath

He was excited for the day of adventure with Raela. They were buddies now and he hoped these little trips would be a normal thing from here on out- despite the dangers Minka had explained in the previous day. They set off in morning, meeting at the borders to begin the trek. He didn't like the looks of the sky, but they would just have to muscle through it.

Aeus smiled brightly, looking back at the Asurn woman behind him. "Drowsy day, ain't it dove?"He teased, trying to make light of the damp day. He didn't pay much mind, but he could feel her tenseness from behind. It was as if she was waiting for something to happen, which might have happened, but still, you have to live life to its fullest. He slowed his pace, walking beside her instead of before her. He could only hope the security of a larger specimen would find her comfort. Out of the blue, his aud swiveled tentatively, picking up the crunch of foliage. The source was unknown, its musk masked by the thin trees and wind bustling in the wrong direction. He felt the tender nudge of his companion at his flank, inaudibly gesturing that she too heard it. He gave a curt nod, acknowledging the sudden dangers.

Aeus was going through a series of adrenaline surges, the energy coursing through his body. He hadn't really fought in about five months. He had challenged a neighboring pack's subordinate over a meal. He came out on top, but that was only because the yearling was clumsy. He was ready now, having the weight of a pack and a... friend relying on him. He stood up straight and spiked his impressive hackles.

"Now I must ask, who's out there?"

”Speech”
[Image: GaeusA.png]
ITS NOT LIKE I WANTED US TO HAPPEN
[Image: 7e57a423-1f11-4ee8-ac67-a16d5fba0f85_zpswgncsxdo.png]
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(@Raela & @Astraeus)
18 Days Left

Danica walked along at a slow steady pace, slightly crouched as she moved along the ground. Green blades tickled her as creamy fur pushed past each and every single strand. With little tracking experience she followed the single set of hoof sprints, unsure to if they were fresh or old. Her emerald orbs carefully scanned over them and the surrounding territory with hope in her mission. *It shouldn't be too hard to figure this all out...* That was until a male's voice cut off her focus, disturbing her thought processes, causing her growl at him in response. Angrily she stood straight up and said, "Someone who would like to track a doe without interruptions, thank you very much." Her tone was clearly sassy and aggravated. It didn't help to have a round belly slowing one down, especially a stomach that grumbled for food quiet often. Her increased appetite had came with a cranky mood and constant hunger pains annoyed her to no end.

Flustered she traveled towards the voice till she could see two wolves, stopping at a safe distance, "I'm Danica." She lifted her muzzle to take in their scent and knew it well. "You're Gent's pack mates?" She asked casually, "Does this mean you want to attack me or something?" Her voice was mildly sarcastic and mostly irritated. As she stood there the yealing took no attempts at hiding her pregnancy, in fact she subtlety flaunted it. Secretly Danica wanted them to stay far away from her, to cause no harm, and knowing she was with child might help out with that. Her words however were successful on putting on a masks of confidence as she swallowed her shy nature whole. Then boldly she said, "Well I have no time for your silliness, I'm trying to teach myself how to track and wish not to waste my energy on you." After saying this it became aware to her that she was an easy target for this particular male and woman. Her belly churned a little and she was suddenly wanting another Secret Woodlands wolf's company. However Dani waited to see their reactions, hoping to be dismissed by these strangers. Maybe @Gent was with them, trailing off behind somewhere? Surely they wouldn't attack if he explained she wasn't a foe. (@Mirren @Nina @Miccah @Kite @Hudson @Aideen @Unitas @Pacem, Just in case one of you want to jump in. :)) ”Speech”

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: May 09, 2015, 09:14 PM by Danica. Edit Reason: Forgot to tag Raela & Astraeus )
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

Her swarthy counterpart's defensive bristling did nothing for the girl's nerves. Her eyes moved again and again over that section of the orchard, desperately hoping for something to signal the creature's presence. His politely constructed but forcefully delivered question received an answer in no time. An agitated growl sent a chill down her spine, raising her hairs as well. She didn't recognize the voice, and the scent was impossible to detect until she got closer. The other woman's voice lashed out in frustration, scattering a few nearby birds. The exclamation would have made her laugh if there weren't still so many unknowns. Was this a Woodlands wolf? The footsteps quickened, prompting Raela to lower her head toward her chest defensively. Finally, a white female emerged from the foliage, clearly younger than either of them. She spouted off her name, stopping to test their scents. The mention of Gent held no water with her, though she supposed he could have been one of the new males she'd yet to formally meet. 

”Does this mean you want to attack me or something? Now it was clear. This had to be an enemy wolf. Her tone eased a soft scowl onto the ruddy woman's face. She thought to reply, but her eyes soon found the young one's belly. The realization hit slowly, but clear as day. The little punk was pregnant to boot. They couldn't attack a pregnant yearling; at least not unless she attacked them first. Inwardly Raela was hoping the white woman was not so audacious as to believe she could start something while carrying pups. No, it was becoming obvious that she was in fact using them as a bargaining chip. This “Danica” knew they wouldn't want to harm her now. What was a yearling doing pregnant anyway? Only the leaders bred. Had no one kicked her out yet? Was this okay for wolves to do in her pack? Before her thoughts got very far the girl's voice piped up again. Raela's ears fell back; a hard glare in her eyes. That was no way to speak to a pair of wolves that could take her at any second. She wasn't terribly surprised though; as Aeus' posturing wasn't all that welcoming. 

Now it was her turn to speak. ”No, we don't want to attack you unless you want to attack us. Her tone had a hint of bitterness to it in return. ”We're just here for information.” It was true. Now that an enemy wolf was standing in front of them this mattered far more than mere exploring. ”You wouldn't happen to know anything about Lugh? A little brown wolf? Pale eyes? The scent of your pack was on his coat.” Inali had said that long gone traitors had attacked him, but maybe this girl could shed a little more light on the situation. ”He was attacked. We've been told it was a band of traitors from your pack.” By now the Downs wolf's voice had grown calm and curious. She didn't want to upset the girl if she had nothing to do with it, and her demeanor reflected it, and if everything went to hell in the next few seconds she was counting on Astraeus. ”If that's true our pack wants their hides just as much as you do.”

Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: May 07, 2015, 10:40 PM by Raela.)
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath

He waited calmly for the figure to emerge from the leafy buds. A creamy lady slipped out of the shadows, bearing a swollen stomach. He eyed her with uncertainty- it might have been him, "growing up" per say, but he was shocked that a woman her age got knocked up. He wondered if the father was going to stay by her side, it would be the most valiant and courageous thing to do- but with a yearling, you never know. The lady introduced herself, waving Gent's name in the air. Raela was quick to respond, using her level head to address her. She asked about Lugh, wondering if she would take the bait. Aeus lowered himself- seeing no threat of this, Danica. Sure, it was breaking code, but he didn't attack the fragile.

Danica made another comment, her eyes swimming in a spark of fear. She knew that two against one was a treacherous scene alone, but then carrying a child? She had no need to be afraid but he could imagine the urge to run was overpowering. "You have no need to be afraid, we won't warm you or your child." He gave reassuring nod, and turned to Raela. He gave her a glance, having a feeling this damsel didn't know about Lugh- in all honesty, he wanted to let this woman be.

”Speech”
Inactive No Rank
Danica
16 Days Left

The yearling listened to Rae, the hint of bitterness in her voice causing her to take a defensive step backwards. She flashed her teeth, "How can I trust you?" Her body staid tense awaiting what seemed like a possible attack, "I don't even know your name stranger." Danica stated with a spat, her ears perking when the older wolf continued on her little rant. *Information?* She questioned, but remained silent. When the BTD member hushed up she offered no reply. The male had her attention now as he promised not to hurt her or her precious whelp,"Ok..."  She whispered back absently running over her thoughts within her mind. The situation needed a response, but she wasn't in the mood to tell them anything. Not at all.

"Look, I'm sorry about your pack mate, but I don't have time for chit chat right now....As I said, I'm in the middle of a self taught lesson. So, unless you wish to assist I don't have a spare moment." Her tone was more soft and sincerely apologetic, her voice quiet and assuming it's normal shyness. She smiled a 'I'm sorry' kind of smile and waited to see if they'd dismiss her. "For this Lugh guy....the name doesn't spark anything....I know of some traitors...but my father is mine to punish." She said this in a way that showed no room for argument. He was hers to destroy for hurting her mom again. She wasn't sure what she would do to him...but she knew that she sure as heck wasn't leaving it up to @Raela or @Astraeus.”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

The younger wolf's patience seemed to be running thin. Just as the words meant to diffuse the situation had left Raela's mouth, Danica released her fangs in a defensive snarl. Despite this, Raela remained calm, refusing to take the bait and step forward. The girl was afraid, and she had reason to be. The tawny Downs female opened her mouth in response, but her voice remained firm. ”You don't have to trust us. But I am still going to tell you that we don't want a fight. We meaning Astraeus,” she gestured to the male, ”and Raela, if that makes you feel better.” Despite this, the ivory girl remained silent, denying her request for information and not speaking at all until Aeus' smooth voice filled the air. His words backed up her own, and she returned the man's gaze. She wasn't ready to give up on the yearling just yet. Looking back to her, it slowly became apparent that Danica was indeed taking their words into account. Raela's ruddy ears arched forward, hoping to catch even the smallest utterance of a clue.

At least now it seemed their acquaintance was calm. At first she was entirely dismissal, even stopping to show some remorse for her lack of free time. Thankfully though, her next string of words were much more helpful. The creamy girl's voice suddenly shifted at the end, mentioning her father as well as the traitors. Raela thought to give her companion a “told you so” look, but it was not the time. Deciding quickly that it was no use pushing the subject of the young one's sire, and wishing not to stir up the girl any more, Raela's eyes darted quickly in front of her feet as her mind worked to piece together her next sentences with care. She chose a softer, more concerned tone this time. ”I'm sorry we disturbed you, and ...thank you for your sympathy. I promise we'll let you get going but I have one more question, if it's alright with you?” Her eyes searched the girl for a reaction, but the next words were swift to follow. ”Do you know the other traitors' names? Or just, what they looked like? Anything at all would help us.” The older woman's head was lowered some inches below her shoulders, her tail fully relaxed at her hocks in an attempt to appear less threatening. She really just wanted the girl's assistance, and her body language would show it. ”I don't assume you know where they were headed but, do you know the direction, at least?” There was no bitterness left now, and as long as the woman stayed calm, there wouldn't be.

Manipulation © Jenandra
Inactive No Rank
Danica
16 Days Left

Danica sighed sadly, "Yes, one..."  Her voice trailed off as a frown laced her lips,"She meant a lot to me too, such a shame.”  Her voice rose and steadied itself,”Iopah, she has creamy, tan, and grey fur with gold eyes. She's smaller than me, but a good huntress. I'm not sure what else to offer you other than that. I mean she should be traveling alongside @Koda, my father, but I don't know where they went.”" In a sense she sold out the woman she had once loved as family just like that. No remorse showed on her face, only disappointment for the woman she spoke of. Another exaggerated sigh,"Shame."

Zonta had been with them the entire time, staying quiet as she observed, but now she piped up, "Danica," She said sickeningly sweet, "Honey don't you realize?" The pregnant wolf's left tear flicked behind her to listen, showing interest. *Yes?* She thought, "Well....these wolves here could prove use to you deary...Us. Together we could all make them suffer and get what is coming for them, what they deserve." With this she stepped back into the shadows of vegetation and waited.

Danica smirked evilly, eyes flashing with a crazed lust,"Though I also plan to track her down. Maybe in the future we could meet up again? I wouldn't mind some...help."  Her intent wasn't to kill them, but a good maiming wasn't out of question. To see them bow down in front of her and beg for mercy. @Raela and her mate? Was that what he was? Doesn't matter could help her accomplish this. Grinning she replied, "Together we could seek vengeance for the hurt...or worse." She hinted at Tacoma's death, in which she solely blamed Koda for. No matter how twisted that was, she believed it whole heartedly. *He died because of him.*”Speech”

(This post was last modified: May 10, 2015, 04:07 AM by Danica.)
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
Be warned! I used PP- yell at me if you need something changed! <3

Aeus gave her a thankful nod, it wasn't always easy giving names away to complete strangers. She went on to explain her ties with the woman, vexation practically oozing from he corners of her lips. The woman was a spit fire, spewing angered words everywhere- one of the perks of being young. He held back a smile, remembering he was this filled with life. She made an offer to hunt the woman down and his internal smirk became lesser quickly. "..Mhm. Yes, I think that would be grand." He thought over, his tone becoming a little more serious. "Well, Danica, I think we better be off. It was a pleasure to meet you." He smiled and turned away. Aeus gave Raela a friendly glance, signaling it would be time to go.

He thought over how he could explain this to his matriarch and king- if he even decided to. Some things needed to be held secret. It wasn't like they were siding with the Woodlands, just striking a deal. This woman seemed honest and she was going after their enemy- why not bargain? All things cast aside, Aeus began to make way into the foliage with Raela in front of him. A little wave of maternal instincts kicked in. He stopped short, his torso just showing between the leaves. "Danica?" He called out. "Make sure the father sticks around.. trust me you do not want to be alone." Aeus didn't expect her to respond, only take his words to heart. He gave her one final glance and then disappeared into the woods.

”Speech”
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

All of Raela's attention was directed forward as the Creamy female began to indulge her with answers. The tawny girl was altogether surprised. She expected Danica to snarl, or at least brush them off and walk away. Instead she gave a name and a thorough description of one of the other traitors, the witch known as “Iopah.” It was a name and description Rae would carve into her brain until Minka stood before her. Her father's name also entered the air between them. Danica's sigh brought more concern onto the ruddy woman's face. What on earth had happened between them?

Raela watched as the pale wolf's attention seemed to divide. She looked, but found nothing of note in the direction she was listening. Confused, her orbs fixated once again on the yearling's grassy-colored eyes as an unnervingly intense smile crossed her face. The suggestion of revenge was something she'd have to mull over. These traitors deserved it after what had happened to Lugh, but Raela would have to report everything to Minka and check with her first. Before she could think enough to speak, Aeus, who'd been watching the encounter silently, piped up. His voice was so stony and strong; something she hadn't heard from him until now. The woman watched her companion, waiting until he turned away to address Danica for the last time.

”Thank you so much Danica. I do hope we can bring these wolves to justice someday. I will do what I can to see if we can help each other on this.” With a formal bow of her head, Raela stopped to grin at the younger girl in appreciation. She moved ahead of Aeus, taking note of his ushering glance. An ear rotated back in acknowledgment of his sudden halt. The words he spoke were of concern, but Raela suspected the woman might take offense. She began moving again, watching for the dark man to join her as soon as he would. She wouldn't be adding anything to that. Inwardly the Down's subordinate thought it admirable of Aeus to be so thoughtful; so interested in the younger girl's predicament. Her mind would mull over the while situation as they returned home. Raela had to speak with her Alphess right away. 

{EXIT}

Manipulation © Jenandra