354 Users Online
Jadon, Google, Bing, Apollo, Baidu, Jethro, Adora, Apolline

A Moments Peace
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Raela

With his belly full Kajika was looking for a place where he could rest, something he hadn’t really been able to do since he left his pack.  With the sun out and it being a little warmer then it had been he felt that all he needed was the perfect place to lay his travel worn body for a few hours, at least until he would need to hunt again. Life was a lot tougher on his own and he had to think about things that he hadn’t had to think about before.  As he picked his way around the blackberry bushes he sniffed the ground here and there curious about the scents in the area.  Scents of things like other wolves, rabbits, the dirt that covered the area.  His mind wandered thinking about where some of the wolves that had passed through there had been going before he returned to the task at hand.

The further he walked one particular scent stood out rather strong.  Which put Kajika in the mind that this had to be the border of a packs territory and since he was not willing to place himself into a position that could get him injured he did not cross that line.  One of those things that he had to think about was keeping himself free of injury since there wasn’t any one there to help him through it if he did get hurt. Instead he felt it was best he might find some place safer for the night.  He started to turn to go when a thought occurred to him.

(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2015, 09:14 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

Patrolling would have been far too serious a word to describe what Raela had been up to that evening. In reality, reveling in the gold hues of sunset was reason enough for the girl to go strolling the territory. She felt safe enough within its borders that she could finally take some time to enjoy nature. These walks were always more fun when Aeus was around, but this time she was alone. Sure, she kept a keen golden eye on the lookout for carcasses to scavenge, and a cocked ear for reporting anything important to Minka. The girl's pace always quickened around this section of the territory. This side is where they had come from; the one's who'd hurt Lugh. 

On this pass though, something was different. A new scent mixed with the scent of the Downs. It caused her to pause, nose tipped upward into the breeze. A sigh of relief escaped the girl's lungs when she realized it was not the Woodlands wolves. Still, it must be investigated. The scent was strong and recent. As the girl moved through the thorny bushes, it became apparent that someone was very close to their markers. Dirt-caked pads carried the Downs wolf to the border, and she slowed. Leaving the territory was not to be done alone. Still, the scent was strong, and she had to know who was out there, for the good of her pack. She crossed the barrier reluctantly, and it was not long before her eyes found the brown yearling's form in the woods. He seemed to be investigating the place. Rae felt a little better upon seeing him – at least it was only a yearling. 

She stood a good distance away, pondering if she should reveal herself. Her eyes traced a quick escape route through the trees, just in case. Thinking that the brown boy wouldn't cause much trouble, Raela strode forward, careful to give the young man plenty of space. She didn't want him thinking he had to defend himself. Raela cleared her throat gently before speaking. ”Hello.” she greeted with a friendly smile. She waited for his return greeting, and opened her mouth once again. ”I'm Raela. My pack lives just over there.” She used her nose to point back the way she had come. Hopefully the young wolf would tell her what she needed to know, like why he was so close to their territory. Not that she minded much; it was her leaders who would want to know right away. Rae didn't want to grill the boy though; he didn't look like much of a troublemaker, and she'd much rather be friendly to him. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The sound of a voice stopped Kajika from moving away from the border that he had run into. A healthy looking grey wolf stood before him though she seemed to be keeping her distance.  "Hello," he greeted in return glad that she seemed rather friendly. That was a relief to him since he didn't really want to ruffle anyone's hackles. "I'm Kajika, it's a pleasure to meet you," he told her.  As for her pack being not far.  "I wasn't trying to intrude," he added hoping that would reassure her that he wasn't looking for trouble. "I just merely stumbled upon your border."  He had not and would not cross without specific permission.

He had lived in a pack and he understood the importance of borders and showing those who had crossed what that meant for them.  "I have been traveling a long time and was looking for a place to rest," he explained, "Perhaps you might know of a place?" He inquired.  Since she was from the area Kajika thought she could help.  "One where a lone wolf such as myself would be safe," he added so that bit of information would be clear.  Perhaps if she knew that he was alone she would not feel threatened by his presence and want to call the rest of her pack, that would definitely make for a bad day.

Since he did not feel too threatened by her he took a more relaxed position by sitting on his haunches.  "Have you been with your pack long?" He asked curiously. He felt that if he was going to join a pack it was best to get to know a little about the ones in the area before making a decision. After all he didn't want to end up in the same sort of situation that he had just left. He needed a pack that he could truly fit into. Perhaps this girl that he had run into could help him out a little.

Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

As the young man before her spoke, it was clear that he was indeed, just a lonely traveler. Raela's nervousness subsided as he continued. A grin crossed the girl's features at the mention of his journey. She too, had only recently been able to rest. This wolf was even younger than she had been when she was chased from her pack. Sympathy guided her thoughts. She nodded as he finished, wishing so much that she could invite him to stay with her. At least he appeared to be in far better shape than she had been when she arrived. This had to be a smart kid. 

”When I arrived here I took shelter in the thickets, just over there.” Again, the female gestured with her gaze. ”It's easy to hide in them, but you have to be careful. The wolves that live in the thickets attacked one of our members recently.” Her tone grew solemn as she remembered the awful gore and the horrid state of Lugh's body. She would not trouble the young wolf with all the details. Perhaps they would leave him be, seeing as he was just a loner. ”There's a thick forest to the west too, but it's a longer walk. You might not make it before nightfall.” Raela's brilliant gold eyes turned upward, noting the now vibrant colors of the evening sky. Oh how she wanted to tell him to come stay in the Downs. The poor lonely boy.

The russet colored girl smiled politely, taking a seat just as he did. If she did not have to send him out on his own again yet, she wouldn't. Pleased by his interest in her pack, the woman's answer came swiftly and with some excitement. Now she could indulge him in their shared story. ”Oh, I only arrived here at winters end. I'd been searching for a home for eight months straight. 'Wasn't in the best shape when I got here, but the Alphas were kind enough to take me in anyway.” She paused a moment, for effect. ”And at the time their children had gone missing in a storm; they were nearly as ragged as me from searching.” Raela sat still, letting her words sink in and looking off to the side as she thought of what to add. ”I can't believe they did it really,” she continued with a shrug. What fun it was to finally be able to tell someone of all the drama that had taken place. Maybe, if the boy agreed, she could call Minka to the border and give him a real den to stay in for the night. 

Manipulation © Jenandra
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
OOC: Hope you don't mind Gent bashin' in to be an ass 8D

It was rare that Gent found himself patrolling. It was a calm day, however, both in terms of weather and goings-on within the pack.  The Lieris man found he was able to take a break both from tending to Lugh, and to gathering supplies to treat and feed the downed herbalist. Finally, he was given time to explore his new home and interact with it's members. Gent first decided he would memorize the borders Minka and Tokino had set, and thus he started on the irregular ellipse surrounding the claimed territory.

As he looped down to the southern border, the day's placid timeline spiked with something that could prove very, very interesting. Two strong and present scents curled up into his nostrils, sharply veering his course and sending him to walk the very edge of what was Black Thorn Downs. One he recognized as Raela's, the pack mate whom he had just officially met and hunted with a few days prior. The other was rogue, but far too close for comfort much less to be considered respectful.

As he moved, Gent strained his senses, searching for a vocalized signal from the male, the courtesy of alerting this pack to his presence. The closer he drew, the more careful the orphan prince was to not be recognized by either sensed individual. He crept along under the cover of the greening bushes, sharp arctic eyes scanning ahead until it caught the yearling boy's form. This outsider was nosing around, testing Gent's patience and as the man listened to the conversation unfold, seeking cover. But clearly not with the Downs acknowledgment much less it's approval. While his comrade seemed to find this lone wolf appropriate company, Gent saw nothing but disrespect. Perhaps the only thing to save him from an outright attack was his apparent honesty and transparency. Perhaps this was what persuaded Raela to be approving, but the Lieris heir thought differently; he needn't be rewarded for this, he needed to be shown that territories, specifical the Downs, were not trivial matters.

With an irritated snap of his jaws, Gent moved swiftly, bursting from cover to appear at the boy's right. Hackles raised, lips drawn back, and tail level and stiff behind him, clearly this display would not be so easy for the boy to disregard as that of the pack's boundary markings.

"Stop with the chattering. You, whelp, are obviously unaware of the courtesies you ought to extend a banded group of wolves who could dissect you to leave you empty and bleeding in seconds." A pause, appraising the effect this violent statement might have; it wasn't san affirmation of the Downs bloodlust, but rather something to make this careless youth think. He didn't know the first thing about the pack who's border he was trifling upon. They might sooner tear him apart without so much as asking why, and leave his corpse as a warning than speak with him and make friends, such as Raela seemed content to do.

"So allow me to be your teacher," Gent hissed with a clacking of his teeth before he whipped forward once more, striking like a snake at the boy. He aimed to scruff him, force him to the ground and assert his dominance. If he was met with resistance, there would be hell to pay. It was what burned Gent up more than anything -- such blatant disrespect.

OOC: If you want Kajika to resist, go ahead and post a Fight Request. Or PM me & I can do it. ^^
(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2015, 05:02 PM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
Skipping Kai with her permission! She'll post after me!- Let me know if I should change anything Cadence and I will!

The girl had been so absorbed in her conversation that her normal perceptive abilities had faltered. The large male had crept right up on them, and she noticed only a split second before he crashed through the bushes to the yearling's side. Raela was on her feet at once, instantly sensing his aggression but thoroughly confused. Her expression was that of shock as he made his command clear. Her own hackles bristled in response; a thousand needles running down her neck. What on earth was his problem? Her face slowly twisted into the beginnings of a snarl as vitriol poured from his drawn lips. The downs was not like this. Her leaders certainly weren't, even if they would have been far less accommodating than she was. Gent himself was not this mean when she'd met him either. 

A growl rumbled in her chest, wordlessly warning the man to tamp down his temper. If there was ever a time the girl became bold it was when someone needed protecting. Kajika deserved none of this. It seemed, however, that the dark man did not care. The thumping in her chest quickened, adrenaline beginning to course through her body. Her mouth opened, but she could not find the words to defend him. She was too taken aback by Gent's exaggerated aggression. Raela knew what he was going to do before the last words left the brute's foul mouth. He pulled back ever so slightly, preparing to launch himself at the boy. That little hint was all her yellow orbs had to see. No sooner had he clacked his teeth than Raela's instinct took over. 

With her ears pinned back defensively, the russet girl shot forward. She just wanted to make him stop. Jaws parted, a roar-bark erupted from her maw as her weight crashed into his. She would not close her teeth on him; no, she would keep her mouth wide to push him back, away from the yearling. Drawing blood from a pack mate was not something she wanted to take part in. The girl dropped back to the ground, ducking her head low as she stood between them. It would be a good place to strike up from. Her tail hung tensely in the air, fangs bared and ready to defend him further. Now her own acidic words lashed back.

Back off! she warned, a low growl seeping from between her clenched teeth. ”He's no threat to you!” She barked the words harshly, as if it should have been obvious. ”You don't need to attack him!” She felt horrible for the way the younger wolf might have felt just then. He'd been perfectly courteous with her, and Gent was behaving like one of the beasts she left back home. She didn't want a fight, but if it came down to it two was better than one anyway, if the boy would defend her. Surely Minka would despise fighting within her own ranks, and hopefully Gent would ease up. Intense golden eyes burned up at the man, but her posture asked for him to calm down. None of this was necessary!

Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2015, 08:27 PM by Raela.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

As the female gestured toward the place she had spoken of Kajika followed her gaze, "I will take that under advisement should I choose to shelter there," he stated turning his gaze back to her.  He knew the kind of shelter that thickets could provide but with the possibility of attack he wasn't so sure he wanted to chance it. However she gave him another option even if it was a longer walk, "Is the hunting there good do you know?" He asked curiously.  If he was going to spend a few days there he didn't want to have to travel far to find something to eat. He felt that would defeat the purpose of resting and gaining some strength back.

As she told the story of how she came to be with her pack Kajika listened intently.  Eight months was a long time to be on one's own but then he had been on his own nearly as long as that.  "It sounds like your pack is very kind and willing to help those in need," he commented.  He found it very honorable of the pack to give her food and shelter even though they were in a bad way themselves.  "I guess you were very lucky to have come across them when you did," he added with a smile.  Kajika was happy that the girl in front of him had found a pack to call her own.  He felt every wolf deserved a place to belong.

Then, suddenly a swift movement out of the corner of his eye brought his attention from the female in front of him to another wolf that was clearly not happy about his presence there.  Quickly Kajika was back on all fours in anticipation for whatever this new wolf would throw at him.  With his ears flat and his head low he face this new wolf, "My apologies if I have over stepped.  It was not my intent to intrude upon your lands," he told the newcomer though doubted it would get him anywhere.  He gave a quick glance at Raela to see if she might help him out. Though he could not blame this wolf for wanting to protect his territory with such aggression after what Raela had told him had happened to one of their pack members.

His gaze was brought back to the male before him as he spoke. Then many things seemed to happen all at once.  He was taken aback a little by the sudden change in Raela’s demeanor though he was not unappreciative of her actions.  She had come to his defense in front of the other wolf and Kajika would feel very badly for whatever repercussions she might have to face for her defense of him.  Still he showed no aggression towards the male as Raela placed herself between the two of them.  He had no idea what would happen next but every part of him was ready to stand behind the girl should she need his help though he hoped that the darker male would gain his senses. 

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
In the slivers of seconds between what could be and what would come to pass, Gent's eyes observed and mind considered two specific happenings. Firstly, as his hulking form pressed closer toward it's target, the yearling male did little more than rise to meet his aggressions. This was pleasing; if he did not resist and allowed Gent his right to prove dominance, forgiveness would be swiftly issued and the event could easily blow over. However, the second matter threw yet another wrench into what was supposed to be a quiet day for all three of them.

Raela, his own pack mate, moved as a blur to the conflict, caught only at the last moment by the corner of his blue eye. She clipped him roughly, knocking him off his course and nearly taking away his balance. Claws dug hard into the ground to regain a sturdy stance, and as he both realized what she'd just done and saw her bare her insolent fangs at him, his Lieris blood overboiled.

Just as his temper erupted, so did his form; his size seemingly increased by a half, as each and every hair stood on edge. His tail flagged high and curled bristled above his back. Instinctively his chin was tucked to defend his throat, perfectly angling his dial to level his wide icy gaze with Raela's defiant glare. This wasn't just disrespectful; this was treacherous. He listened to her bark her words, defending a complete stranger over her sworn comrade. Attack? A part of him wished that he had made her assumption true, a part of him now wanted to open the young boys throat as a lesson to her.

And it was recognizing that that piece of him existed which gave him reason to pause.

While Gent's father had been known for his brutality and short fuse, the patriarch had not passed down these temperamental flaws to his chosen heir. The orphan prince had, instead, developed a strictly calm approach to life and it's irritations. He could count on one paw the number of times within his nearly three years that he'd allowed his temper to pass out of control, and never had it pulled him so strongly toward violence. It was something he had held pride in, and so to face it now was nothing short of disturbing. Was he growing into his father's wrathful nature?

Still, even if he had been capable of admitting that he had perhaps jumped the gun (would never likely happen), two pressing problems continued to stare with their ugliness directly into his face. Firstly, was Raela; how she could so easily turn against him. They did not have a personal bond between them, but they were pack mates; she was his to look after, and he her's. Her ragingly aggressive defense of this outsider, whom she'd only just met, was in Gent's eyes a betrayal. No matter her reason, she had just shattered his trust in her. Likewise, he could imagine that she now would be wary of him, as she obviously held great disdain for his methods. This strained relationship would not be something he could ignore nor allow; yet he couldn't back down, for the bastard who'd caused it all was still defying him.

Despite all of Gent's rage, the foreign male made no attempts to appease him. Sure, he gave an apology, but words were nothing to a wolf who lived and breathed the code of hierarchy and all instincts that came with that dedication. Nothing in Kajika's posture reflected remorse nor recognition of Gent's position of power over him. In fact, the look in his eyes was shifty, and Gent could only assume by what he saw that the boy would indeed raise his teeth against him. This alone was incriminating, but what sealed the sentence was that the child continued to maintain the audacity of looking him in the face.

"Perhaps you are content with forgetting the inherent importance of posture, but I am not. This child would best learn his lesson here than at the teeth of, say, the thicket wolves. But I suppose you'd rather make friends with a stranger than support the pack mate you swore to stand by? You're doing no favors in defending him. I'm not going to fight with you for this; I uphold my oath to guard your well being. But you will have the little fucker avert his god damn eyes or I will find a way around you to do so for him."

He looked then from Raela to the boy, to those horrid honeyed eyes staring defiantly back at him, and felt the anger rise up once more.

"You must not have been taught that to hold such a pose, especially when you are a vagrant standing before a pack wolf, is a challenge. Unless you want to be met with fangs you will stand. Down."
(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2015, 03:50 AM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

The pitch black fur before seemed to rise and grow, as if feeding off of the male's anger. It was a full display of rage at being thwarted, one Rae had expected. She held her ground beneath him as his glinting eyes bore down into her own orbs. This tense moment seemed to drag on; every inch of the hulking beast screamed for attack. No words had come in response, only a horridly enraged growl. Raela's heartbeat pounded through her ears, her breathing shallow and tense. She was sure he'd leap forward any second, but the blow did not come. No, instead the man's posture lessened in severity, if only by the slimmest of amounts. It was enough to cause Raela some relief from the harsh drumming of her instinct to fight. Finally, his white fangs parted, slashing the thick air between them like a knife. 

Gent seemed convinced that the boy had to learn with pain, and this simply could not stand with her. She would not let him hurt Kajika for a simple lack of manners. Her pack mate seemed to think her actions treacherous. Retorts burned their way through her throat, but the woman held her tongue as his teeth continued to click. She truly did not want to fight either – no pain should come from any of this. It didn't need to; and maybe Gent would figure that out. At least the man was sane enough not to draw blood from his own ally. She could have, but chose not to. This was not about hurting anyone. The last sentences he spoke caused a change in Raela's expression. Her snarl vanished, leaving only a disconcerted glare. Gent was not wrong; the yearling's defiance so close to their border was undoubtedly a mistake. She just wasn't the kind to beat him for it. Apparently the lowering of his head and ears was not going to be enough for Gent, but she was hardly surprised. Now rising to full height, she cast another hard stare into his icy eyes as he finished – a clear expression of her commitment to keep his teeth off of the boy. 

The woman's voice was hard and clear. ”Disrespectful or not, you've no reason to hurt him.” Was this man like the others? Did he revel in the idea of violence; asserting his absolute rule over others with pain alone? She could not stand to be banded together with one of those. Raela stood here in the Downs because she wanted to get as far away from that ideology as possible. ”Those wolves might tear him apart but we are not like them.” Rae knew little of the enemy, only that Lugh had been badly maimed only for trodding upon their land, and that was a silly reason for such savagery. She took a step sideways, glancing briefly toward the yearling and back as she continued to speak to the imposing brute in a lower tone. ”Don't confuse fear with respect. Pain will get you only one of those things.” She spoke from the depths of her own heart, as clear and rock solid as her words could be. She knew firsthand; violence was not the way. Especially with a young man so courteous as he had been. Whether he knew he was being impolite in posture or not, she was confident the boy would do what was asked of him without complaint. Raela moved to the side of them, her golden eyes meeting Kajika's with a firm but gentle command. She nodded slightly, silently asking the yearling to acknowledge his place in the current situation with a display of submission. She would not let harm come to him.

Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2015, 04:50 AM by Raela.)